User Reviews for Ceftin

Bronchitis 2 reviews 279 medications

6.7
Bone infection 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epiglottitis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Impetigo 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ceftin reviews 21 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ceftin

Review by missvash:

For Strep Throat: No side effects at all... wiped it out first day.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2014 9:43 PM

Review by hisham zagloul:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Pharmacist.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 4:26 PM

Review by Lymie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Have chronic Lyme disease - causing depressed immune function. Ceftin eliminated my urinary tract infection in one week without any side reactions. Felt better after first dose. Love this medication!

February 1, 2014 3:51 AM

Review by Diane B (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Was sick with the worst sinus infection in my life for at least 3 weeks. It began to turn into pneumonia. Amoxil wasn't working. 2 doses of Ceftin so far and I'm feeling much better.

November 19, 2013 7:33 AM

Review by amberpep (taken for less than 1 month):

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I have infections in the sinus, throat and upper chest. My doctor first put me on Augmentin, which caused me to throw up. She changed it to Ceftin, and it is giving me no trouble at all. Also, I am already feeling better in the sinus. I have a horrible cough, but I imagine that's from the bronchitis breaking up. I'm very pleased with how this is working so far.

July 4, 2013 11:30 AM

Review by Annie145 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Works and you start feeling better in 2-3 days but you get diarrhea. My doctor prescribed probiotics Florastor..that helped restore good bacteria.

May 29, 2013 10:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bladder Infection: I have painful bladder syndrome and was having many infections. I have been using Ceftin 250 mg once a day for a year and have had NO infections since the use of this medicine has been added to my routine.

November 2, 2012 5:13 PM

Review by CathyA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bronchitis: I started taking Ceftin for Bronchitis and I felt better within 2 days. I stayed on it for 6 weeks and my sinus condition and ETD symptoms went away after 4 years. This was a miracle for me.

August 7, 2012 6:27 PM

For Pneumonia: I was prescribed this after 3 days on a Azithromycin was making me worse. My doctor told me the Z-pack wasn't working because my bronchitis had become pneumonia. After 2 days on the Ceftin (250 mg, twice daily), I was really starting to improve. My cough had lessened, chest congestion had loosened nicely and my headache/stuffiness had started to subside. I also used a humidifier. Now, 4 days in and I'm feeling almost human. The cough is almost gone, I can breathe almost normally and am much improved. I have always heard the Z-pack knocks out almost everything, but I'm proof it's not a cure-all. One thing to note is that Ceftin can be rough on your stomach, so be sure to take it with food. Crackers, toast or yogurt should be fine.

January 2, 2012 9:08 AM

Review by Geranium:

For Sinusitis: I had a sinus infection with fever (spiking higher at night); took me a while to figure out because I never had one before. Within a day of taking Ceftin, I no longer had a fever and felt much better. Had no problem taking the pill with water (unlike others); don't taste it at all. After 5 days, I still have thick mucus and less appetite than usual) but otherwise am doing much better than before. I notice no side effects from this medicine.

November 8, 2011 1:39 PM

Ceftin has been more effective for me than penicillin, when it comes to infections. I have a very sensitive stomach and unlike most antibiotics Ceftin, does not cause me gastrointestinal upset. Be sure to take a probiotic in between doses of your antibiotic.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2011 3:01 PM

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: It quickly helped get rid of the infection in my throat BUT it is very hard to take. The taste of the pill is horrible and sticks around for a long time in the back of your throat. I used flavored yogurt to help counteract the flavor after I swallowed the pill. It also starts dissolving quickly so it tended to get stuck in my throat.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2011 3:55 PM

For Sinusitis: The bitter taste made the pills almost impossible to take. Dipping them in honey really worked! Thanks so much for that tip.

February 26, 2011 8:00 AM

For Lyme Disease: Experienced immediate relief from foggy brain, ended headaches and muscle and joint pain.

September 26, 2010 4:24 PM

For Sinusitis: I was put on Ceftin for a sinus infection, 3 days later I developed terrible diarrhea with blood, found out it was called pseudomembraneous colitis. It is now a week later and I am still suffering from the side effects.

January 13, 2010 3:12 PM

For Sinusitis: I have been dealing with bad breathe for about 1 year and been to my internal medicine doctor and my dentist and they said I was fine. I wasn't ok with this answer so I went to see an ENT doctor. He then prescribed me Ceftin 500 mg tablets to take twice a day with food. This is the miracle drug. I have only been taking it for 3 wks out of the 4wks I was prescribed the drug and can already tell a difference. I go back in 1 week to have a CT scan of my sinuses to see if the bacterial infection has cleared up. I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering with the symptoms it treats.

November 11, 2009 1:38 PM

Review by sammeesue:

For Bronchitis: After taking Ceftin (Cefuroxime) for 3 days, my throat swelled and my chest became more constricted. It felt as though I could not swallow well. I was dizzy, and anxious. I consulted the pharmacist who told me to take a Benadryl and if I didn't improve quickly, to get myself to the hospital. Within 5 minutes of taking the Benadryl I could feel my throat relaxing. After relating this situation to my daughter, she told me she had a similar experience with this drug when it was prescribed for her a year ago.

October 25, 2009 2:02 PM

Review by StanS:

For Pneumonia: Took pneumonia away quickly, however, it does cause diarrhea. I'm on my 6th day of a 14 day regimen. Works well and fast.

September 20, 2009 7:19 PM

Review by dynachick:

For Sinusitis: After being hospitalized for 6 weeks and on other mag-antibiotics, I am so pleased to report that after 3-4 days on the Ceftin, I finally could stop going through a 200 count box of tissues EVERY day and could actually breathe through my nose most of the time. My ENT Doctor prescribed Ceftin for 17 days. I've been on it now for 7 days. I have a severely depressed immune system due to MDS. We want to avoid surgery at all costs. I am hoping and praying the relief continues. I am also on Astepro nasal spray. Hoping for no or minimal side effects, which is always a concern. So far, so good. Will try and further evaluate at end of regimen. I hope this helps someone else.

June 21, 2009 11:43 AM

For Lyme Disease: Only complaint is that it has a very bitter taste - helpful to take with food. Also recommend taking a good pro-biotic to avoid getting diarrhea/colitis.

May 29, 2009 3:17 PM

Review by richard4ga:

For Sinusitis: I am on my 5th day of 10 day prescription - taking 500mg in the morning and 500mg before bedtime. The pills are hard to swallow and taste awful so I dip them in honey before taking. It works great. Ceftin is working great. Being a person that has lived with nasty sinus infections most of my life, I never take the same antibotic twice in one year. However, Ceftin is at the top of my list. It cures the infection. Make sure you take a ten day (1000mg daily) course if you have a bad infection. It does make you feel bad - it is hard on your stomach so you must take it with food. Yoghurt or Activa is a must and also make sure you have a bunch of bananas on hand. Good luck.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2009 3:33 PM