User Reviews for Ceftin

Learn more about Ceftin.

Ceftin review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 366 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Ceftin to treat Sinusitis

Review by Diane B (taken for less than 1 month):

Was sick with the worst sinus infection in my life for at least 3 weeks. It began to turn into pneumonia. Amoxil wasn't working. 2 doses of Ceftin so far and I'm feeling much better.

November 19, 2013 7:33 AM

Review by Geranium:

I had a sinus infection with fever (spiking higher at night); took me a while to figure out because I never had one before. Within a day of taking Ceftin, I no longer had a fever and felt much better. Had no problem taking the pill with water (unlike others); don't taste it at all. After 5 days, I still have thick mucus and less appetite than usual) but otherwise am doing much better than before. I notice no side effects from this medicine.

November 8, 2011 1:39 PM

The bitter taste made the pills almost impossible to take. Dipping them in honey really worked! Thanks so much for that tip.

February 26, 2011 8:00 AM

I was put on Ceftin for a sinus infection, 3 days later I developed terrible diarrhea with blood, found out it was called pseudomembraneous colitis. It is now a week later and I am still suffering from the side effects.

January 13, 2010 3:12 PM

I have been dealing with bad breathe for about 1 year and been to my internal medicine doctor and my dentist and they said I was fine. I wasn't ok with this answer so I went to see an ENT doctor. He then prescribed me Ceftin 500 mg tablets to take twice a day with food. This is the miracle drug. I have only been taking it for 3 wks out of the 4wks I was prescribed the drug and can already tell a difference. I go back in 1 week to have a CT scan of my sinuses to see if the bacterial infection has cleared up. I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering with the symptoms it treats.

November 11, 2009 1:38 PM

Review by dynachick:

After being hospitalized for 6 weeks and on other mag-antibiotics, I am so pleased to report that after 3-4 days on the Ceftin, I finally could stop going through a 200 count box of tissues EVERY day and could actually breathe through my nose most of the time. My ENT Doctor prescribed Ceftin for 17 days. I've been on it now for 7 days. I have a severely depressed immune system due to MDS. We want to avoid surgery at all costs. I am hoping and praying the relief continues. I am also on Astepro nasal spray. Hoping for no or minimal side effects, which is always a concern. So far, so good. Will try and further evaluate at end of regimen. I hope this helps someone else.

June 21, 2009 11:43 AM

Review by richard4ga:

I am on my 5th day of 10 day prescription - taking 500mg in the morning and 500mg before bedtime. The pills are hard to swallow and taste awful so I dip them in honey before taking. It works great. Ceftin is working great. Being a person that has lived with nasty sinus infections most of my life, I never take the same antibotic twice in one year. However, Ceftin is at the top of my list. It cures the infection. Make sure you take a ten day (1000mg daily) course if you have a bad infection. It does make you feel bad - it is hard on your stomach so you must take it with food. Yoghurt or Activa is a must and also make sure you have a bunch of bananas on hand. Good luck.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2009 3:33 PM