User Reviews for Cefprozil

Also known as: Cefzil

Learn more about Cefprozil.

Pneumonia 1 reviews 191 medications

Skin Infection 0 reviews 167 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cefprozil reviews 13 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Cefprozil

Review by East Oregonian (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: The only thing that has kicked each of the many sinus infections I've had over the years, including the one I picked up in Maui and had to fly home with--ended up with a double ear and sinus infection. Amoxicillin just won't do it for me.

February 3, 2013 12:59 AM

Review by nurse36 (taken for less than 1 month):

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Great

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2012 9:08 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Otitis Media: Prescribed to 2 yr old son since he is allergic to amoxicillin (broke out in head to toe rash). Day 2 of this medicine and a rash that looked like the one with amoxicillian started to show on his body and face. Gave Benadryl and within 2 hrs rash seemed to mostly disappear. Will see his doctor tomorrow for assessment and possible medication change.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2012 8:39 PM

Review by felix666:

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bladder Infection: Took it for 7 days for urinary tract infection and didn't get rid of it. Saw the doctor and was put on Macrobid which makes me nauseous.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2012 4:03 PM

Review by Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj:

For Otitis Media: Giving medicine to my one year old. She has a bad diaper rash, diarrhea, and mild abdominal rash since day 2 of this medication. Not best for young children or infants in my opinion...last resort. This has to work though since the first antibiotic failed.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2012 11:06 PM

Review by apriliny:

For Bladder Infection: I'm on my 5th day of this medication and I've had no side effects like skin rash or vaginal itching as I see some do but I have noticed my urine smells really bad, not sure why. It started after the 2nd and 3rd day of medication but overall feeling better.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2012 5:46 PM

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Pneumonia: I love this medication. It helped me fight my pneumonia. As well, it has helped me with tonsil/throat infections. It is my medication of choice. My kids take it as well when the doctor feels it is appropriate to the situation. No side effects in our family.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2010 11:50 PM

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Works for me every time.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2010 12:25 PM

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Bronchitis: I used this to treat bronchitis and whooping cough! I felt much better after just taking it for a couple of days. After the 7th day on it I have EXTREME vaginal itching.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2010 8:31 PM

For Sinusitis: After my 5 yr old took this for the full 10 days, she still developed an ear infection and had to be put on azithromycin.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2010 5:20 PM

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Giving this medicine to my 1 yr old and has had nothing but diarrhea and a tore up bottom.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2009 9:38 PM

For Sinusitis: Took one dose and broke out in a rash up left arm, then the same arm became numb and tingly. Got the sweats real bad, had to take Benadryl right away.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2009 10:08 PM

Review by BsbShorty:

Cefzil (cefprozil) for Sinusitis: I could tell a huge difference before I even took the second dose! I feel much better!

March 18, 2008 12:50 PM