User Reviews for Omnicef

Learn more about Omnicef.

Omnicef review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 366 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Omnicef to treat Sinusitis

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Worked very well for severe sinus infection.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by t.i.g:

Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out.

November 2, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by surgery bound:

Today is day 6 of this medicine and it just isn't working. I would have thought that I would have some kind of relief by now, but not.

January 9, 2012 9:33 AM

300mg 2 x day for 7 days prescribed for Sinusitis. I think I may have felt like I was getting slightly better the 2nd and 3rd day but after that it went back to the same as before. No adverse side effects, just didn't seem to work.

March 25, 2011 2:10 PM

I've only been on it 2 days, but so far so good! I feel much better, cough is gone, and no side effects. Will use again if I need it.

December 21, 2010 9:46 PM

Review by EmmiB-G:

I have taken many, many times for my chronic sinus infections and it seems to be the only thing that ever gets rid of the infection. I do get stomach aches from it, and nausea but it does what it's supposed to.

August 5, 2010 1:07 PM

Review by mayte123:

This antibiotic was the best for my sinus infection.

June 20, 2010 3:13 AM

I have only taken 2 doses so far. It seems to be working and I don't have all the side effects. I will use it again.

April 10, 2009 5:34 PM

Review by jhharman1:

Omnicef was effective in treating my daughter's sinusitis. However, she broke out in hives a day after finishing the medication. Although it is not certain the medicine caused her hives, it is very ironic that they broke out within 24 hours of finishing the antibiotic.

April 10, 2009 2:03 PM

This medicine works very well. I didn't have a yeast infection nor did I have the upset stomach, which I usually have with antibiotics.

October 28, 2008 6:57 PM

Review by g8rbait:

Hey it worked for me with no side effects at all

July 2, 2008 12:58 PM