User Reviews for Omnicef

Learn more about Omnicef.

Omnicef Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 148 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Omnicef to treat Bronchitis

"Worst experience ever. I took one capsule and two hours started diarrhea. I only took one more tablet 12 hours later. I had diarrhea for 4 weeks. I had hemorrhoid flair up. Never again will I take this drug. I think it took about 4 months to get my gut straightened out. Be very cautious of this drug"

Shutterbug 65 January 21, 2016

"I was prescribed 300mg Omnicef. 1 capsule 2x a day. Very bad experience. I have had extreme diarrhea since the third day of taking this med. it is now 2 weeks after I finished the dose and am still experiencing problems. This med kills every "good" bacteria in your gut. I've been taking several different kinds of probiotics trying to get myself back to normal. This has been and still is an awful experience. Do not take this unless you like running to the bathroom every 30 minutes for weeks on end. I have not been able to eat much of anything and am still loosing too much weight. It is a very dangerous drug. I will NEVER take this again. "

Offroady November 20, 2015

"Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing."

JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

"Within 36 hrs symptoms started to subside. Had no side effects with stomach (take with food). I suffer from bronchitis about twice a year. This medication was much more effective than Z-packs, Amoxicillin, or Cipro. I started getting mild headaches around day 4, Felt better but didn't clear up cough and wheezing. "

Stardust Steve February 7, 2012

"It cleared me right up, stopped coughing like over night. I am also on methylpredisolone and inhaler."

laurie69 September 9, 2011