User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Cefdinir Review Summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 371 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Cefdinir to treat Sinusitis

"Within 4 hours of taking the first dose of this medication my coxcyx began to itch, which was odd. About six hours after taking the first dose I had terrible, intense, painful itching that was uncontrollable throughout my groin area including vaginal and anal itching. The more I scratched the more I itched. I tried Ice, and benedryl which helped a bit so I didn't go to the hospital. In the morning the doctor changed the antibiotic and I was also given something to successfully treat for the worst yeast infection I have ever had. Several years later I had the same experience (I forgot ) and now list cefdinir as a drug allergy. I am not allergic to any of Cefdinir's relatives, or penicillin."

Dusty Rose (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

"Worked great for me, knocked out my sinus infection and bronchial infection. I read the negative reviews and ate lots of yoghurt to keep my stomach from hurting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

"I started taking cefdinir for a bad sore throat and sinus infection. It helped clear everything. No side effects until now. Headaches, light diarrhea, heartburn."

medina9834 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2014

"Been taking this for five days. The pressure in my sinus is lessening, and my fever is gone, but mucus production has increased, and so now my cough is worse. Does this mean it's not working? The best way I've found to avoid the adverse digestive effects (vomiting, etc) is to take a strong probiotic to replenish what the antibiotic kills. You can ask your doctor for a prescription strength probiotic (they prescribe them for patients with ulcerative colitis) or find them in pill or drink form at a health food store. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2014

Omnicef (cefdinir): "Worked very well for severe sinus infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2014

"I am on Day 6 of this antibiotic. I am not a huge fan of antibiotics but my vertigo and head pressure from the sinus infection was enough to get me on them. For the first 2 days I had no vertigo and head pressure, but now I experience some of it on and off the day. So I use a Neti Pot to clear out sinuses. Two days ago I had Post Nasal Drip where I ended up throwing up mucus in the middle of the night. With my experience, I have noticed a loss of appetite and have lost about 5-6 pounds. If I do not take the capsule with food I will end up with heartburn. I am looking forward to being over with this (4 more days to go) I take a probiotic in between the doses for my digestion."

Chelle913 February 5, 2014

"I was prescribed this medication for sinus infection and fluid in ear. I have on my charts that I am allergic to penicillin but not sure of reaction. So doctor said this has 1% of penicillin derivative. So I tried it! First 2 days sinus seemed to get better. Then 6, and 7th day I had horrible a headache, ear aches, facial skin burning, chills and sweats. I couldn't lift my head off pillow. Took myself off the medicine and next day I was feeling better. Still have a lot of congestion but the pain in my head is gone. I feel like my head was deflated. This has to be an allergy! I learned my lesson."

eeggyy January 14, 2014

"My doctor prescribed for sinusitis. After finishing the first round I was still having problems and called the doctor. He called in another round of the same prescription which I finished a week ago. Still having the same problem and called today. He called in Omnicef again and I am not sure if I will even pick it up. I take the full prescription as prescribed."

wuzaromine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2013

Omnicef (cefdinir): "Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out."

t.i.g November 2, 2013

"I have been taking Cefdinir for three days now. The second day taking it I felt like I was getting better but the third I felt sick again. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and an ear infection. I did not have drainage in the back of my throat until I started taking this antibiotic. I'm hoping to feel better soon and hopefully Cefdinir works."

EFerrari (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2013

"Went to Urgent Care for an upper respiratory infection. Cefdinir after 1 day helped with the respiratory problem but left with suffering with intolerable diarrhea. I'm taking probiotics and just had to take a Lomotil. No pain but just pure and simple constant running to the bathroom. I'm 70 years old and consider myself an athlete and very strong. Rarely sick but this has taken me down, I stopped the Cefdinir after 5 days. Could not take it anymore."

cindy635 January 6, 2013

"Doctor put me on this medicine for first time for a sinus infection. First day seem better. Second day all symptoms returned painful headache fever and chills. On seventh day went back to doctors, told her medicine wasn't working. She is running a TB test. Chest X-rays. Blood work and HIV test. Also changed to amoxicillin, it always worked before. Stopped taking cefdinir and already feeling better. "

Gonzo29 June 6, 2012

"This medicine worked great for the first few days. I had a very bad sinus infection along with a double ear infection. After a few days I developed horrible diarrhea! "

Anonymous April 22, 2012

Omnicef (cefdinir): "Today is day 6 of this medicine and it just isn't working. I would have thought that I would have some kind of relief by now, but not."

surgery bound January 9, 2012

"Had to stop taking after 48 hours - Severe diarrhea and near total inability to urinate. Took three days after discontinuing for diarrhea to subside. Difficulty urinating persists after one week."

Anonymous May 10, 2011

Omnicef (cefdinir): "300mg 2 x day for 7 days prescribed for Sinusitis. I think I may have felt like I was getting slightly better the 2nd and 3rd day but after that it went back to the same as before. No adverse side effects, just didn't seem to work."

Anonymous March 25, 2011

Omnicef Omni-Pac (cefdinir): "Side effects hit me so hard and fast that I had to stop taking the medicine after half a day."

iwantsomestrange January 22, 2011

Omnicef (cefdinir): "I've only been on it 2 days, but so far so good! I feel much better, cough is gone, and no side effects. Will use again if I need it."

Anonymous December 21, 2010

Omnicef (cefdinir): "I have taken many, many times for my chronic sinus infections and it seems to be the only thing that ever gets rid of the infection. I do get stomach aches from it, and nausea but it does what it's supposed to."

EmmiB-G August 5, 2010

Omnicef (cefdinir): "This antibiotic was the best for my sinus infection."

mayte123 June 20, 2010

"I am on day 7 of this antibiotic for a sinus infection. While my symptoms have all but gone, I still have to keep taking it of course. I noticed a couple of days ago that I was feeling "funny" approximately 2 hours after taking the medicine. It wasn't like that at first but now I have body aches, headache, chills...kind of reminds me of the flu. "

feellikecrap May 19, 2010

"As an adult, I was prescribed this medicine for sinusitis and Otis media (fluid in my inner ear) for 10 days. I went back to the doctor to have my ear checked and still had fluid in my ears. After only 3 or 4 days off the medicine, I became worse, went back to the doctor again who prescribed another 14 days on this medication along with 9 days of Prednisone. I still have a middle ear infection. "

Anonymous January 30, 2010

"I was prescribed Cefdinir after getting a sinus infection and bronchitis. It solved that problem in just a few days, but after 3 days on it, my diarrhea became intolerable, far worse than the original sickness. I stopped taking Cefdinir. It's been over 3 weeks now of non-stop gastrointestinal pain that landed me an clonoscopy procedure, stool cultures at the hospital, and persistent diarrhea. The worst of which culminated in a near black out from pain on the toilet. My case may have been a rare exception but I'm certain Cefdinir is no friend of mine."

Cefdinir's no friend of mine November 9, 2009

"Cefdinir did what no other antibiotic did as for getting rid of certain problems that I had for years. However I had severe cramping and diarrhea with this medicine and had to quit taking it. I feel like, if the doctors know something about this medicine, besides popping 2 a day, he or she should tell you. A person has to look on the internet how to take medicines in order to keep down the side effects. And if my doctor told me it would be better to take Cefdinir on a full stomach and eat yogurt everyday, maybe the side effects would have been much less. And he knows how sensitive I am to medicines."

Aallis August 1, 2009

Omnicef (cefdinir): "I have only taken 2 doses so far. It seems to be working and I don't have all the side effects. I will use it again."

Anonymous April 10, 2009