User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Cefdinir Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Cefdinir to treat Sinusitis

"Do not take this drug. I am not allergic to any antibiotics and haven't ever had a bad experience. Because of this drug, I am now fighting a very serious c difficile infection. Most people haven't even heard of c diff, but when you do, your life changes. C difficile isn't as treatable as the internet suggests. This drug is absolutely the reason my life has changed. Do not take it. In fact, ANYTIME you take an antibiotic, take a probiotic (spaced away from the antibiotic dose) with it. And another thing I've learned, there are certain antibiotics you should ask for--NARROW spectrum, ALWAYS. Broad-spectrum antibiotics destroy your gut. If you have to take a broad-spectrum antibiotic, supplement with a probiotic. I cannot stress this enough!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Omnicef (cefdinir): "I have been on this for 5 days, sort of working, still have the headache though. I haven't really had any side affects yet. But I was given a 21 day dosage for (2) 300mg capsules. I have had 4 sinus infections since January. Hope it helps get rid of the headache. It has helped with the drainage and coughing though."

Bootscasper April 25, 2016

"I've tried Cefdinir twice. It helped my infection but in both cases I could not finish the drug because of severe nausea and vomiting. I won't take it again."

Rose118 April 18, 2016

"300mg. Took medicine once a day for ten days. First day went smoothly, second day and onward, terrible headache in the center of my forehead and on the right side of my head. No other side effects. Around the fourth day, I called the pharmacist and they advised that I take it at night before bed before the headache sets in. Best decision."

Simoneee March 26, 2016

"Diarrhea after day 2, i stopped after 7th day when i started vomiting, by then, sinus infection was twice as bad. & this med added, bronchial infection, sneezing, itchy eyes & nose. I feel like the Dr prescribed it to watch me like a ginnue pig. Dr office just said, well those are the side effects."

Vtchgo March 8, 2016

"I took Z Pack for full pack and still had upper respitory infection so my Dr prescribed this. I took it for 2 days and then started severe diarrhea and after taking it for 5 days I had to call 911 to get to the hospital. I was so dehydrated with diarrhea and nausea so bad I had to be hospitalized for six days! I see I'm not the only one that had these side effects."

Ihatethisdrug February 23, 2016

"I am a 47 year old female that has asthma. I was only breathing 200 in my peak flow meter when I should have a peak flow of 400. I had bronchitis from catching a cold. My doctor prescribed this to me and I got a horrible headache and felt nauseous after the first pill so I stopped taking them. I started reading about food combining, changed my diet and shortly after and became healthier."

Anonymous February 19, 2016

"I suffer from multiple sinus infections every year. Three days ago I was prescribed cefdinir for the first time. It has caused unbearable nausea and diarrhea. After hearing that it has done the same for so many others, it angers me that a doctor would even consider prescribing this drug when there are other options that work better and do not have unacceptable side effects. Cefdinir is a failure in the field of medicine."

Max35 February 5, 2016

"Started this to fight a sinus infection. 4 days in seemed to improve. Only negative was a bad headache. Night 4 horrible night sweats and chills to the bone. I couldn't function at work and was still getting chills and stomach cramps. Then the constant diahrrea started. Day 5 I had a fever of 102 to go along with body shakes, headache and still diahrrea. I thought it was the flu so continued medication but by day 7 have had no relief from it, called my Dr and she told me to stop meds immediately. I just stopped and hoping for some relief. I am dehydrated and weak and still can't leave the bathroom for more than 20 minutes! Bad reaction and hoping for some relief!"

NicoleMI (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

"Finished thus medicine only too remain sick. I think they need to rethink this one.... it was as if I took nothing. Horrible migraines for 4 days."

1ststickwoman January 2, 2016

"I saw my Dr for bad sinus infection. He prescribed cefdinir. I took the first one and within a short while was violently vomiting, sweating profusely, very weak. Called 911 to help get me off the floor into a chair to be wheeled to the car. Went to the emergency room. ER doc said nausea & vomiting due to the serious upper respiratory infection, but I see here it may have been the cefdinir. If any of the future doses make me sick, I'm going to ask for different antibiotic."

juliette10 December 31, 2015

"This is day 3 of taking the medication, and although my sinusitis symptoms have majorly improved, I now have severe diarrhea and a pounding headache every day. Between the two I can barely function. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow I'm going to call the Dr's and hopefully switch to something else."

JAJohnson79 December 30, 2015

"Terrible, terrible antibiotic. I took Z pack for my sinus infection, which usually helps but didn't this time so my doc put me on cefdinir. No problems until the 3rd day I woke up with the most terrible diarrhea I've ever had. Same the following day. It's almost 3 weeks later and I still have the diarrhea and have gone to the ER once for iv fluids to help with my dehydration. I would NOT recommend."

L1116 December 14, 2015

"Day 6 on cefdinir 300 mg. Severe headaches since day one. Taking Tylenol to help headache. Feeling better. Blowing my nose a lot so sickness is coming out. Some dizziness. Some diarrhea. Fatigued."

Star33052 December 10, 2015

"I am on my 4th day of the pill and although my sinusitis is almost 100% gone, I have the worst diarrhea I've ever experienced in my life. I cannot be away from the bathroom for more than 30min-an hour. I feel better physically, but this side effect is one to look out for."

fitgirl14 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2015

"I had taken this drug in the past, it made me vomit violently and diahreah. When it was prescribed for me recently I had forgotten that this was the drug that made me so sick. I took one capsule and within 3 hours was violently ill, massive diareah and vomiting...I was alone and could not even get to my phone for help, I layed on the floor of my shower for hours having episode after episode. It is nearlly 24 hours after taking it and I am in such a weakened state I will not be getting out of bed. I feel I probably should have called 911 and gone to the hospital, I still am so dehidrated. This is an evil drug!"

Topper1951 November 7, 2015

"Day 8. I have had the most severe sinus/double infection of my life and this medication has helped tremendously! I was worried it wasn't working at first but by day 5, I felt so much better!! On the down side, I have terrible headaches almost all day. I'll skip a day then the headache is back. Ibuprofen helps a little bit not much. Dizziness is terrible also. I have a little confusion and frustration at times. Its not too bad. Just the AWFUL headaches but I remember how bad my infections were before this medicine and it's worth it. Slight diarrhea but no big deal."

pandalh November 2, 2015

"Day 7 for sinus infection. No different. No side effects ... nothing. As if I never started taking anything. Still have sinus infection"

What does it matter (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2015

"I noticed after the second day of taking Cefdinir 300 mg, I started to experience bad headaches. My sore throat feels better, but my head aches everyday. So, now that I know what is making my head hurt so bad I am discontinuing the use of this medication. I had no issues with Amoxicillin, I will ask if he can change my meds over."

Melanie A. September 25, 2015

"I have been taking this medicine for seven days now for bronchitis and ear infection.. I felt better after two days then everything hit me again.. Now I have been having persistent diarrhea gargling stomach and itching.."

Anonymous 1414 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2015

"When taking this medication, I experienced night terrors. I don't see it anywhere listed as a side effect, so that's my experience."

Sleepyhead00 August 26, 2015

"Gave me diarrhea, stomach gurgling and felt thirst"

Cal girl (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

"Within 4 hours of taking the first dose of this medication my coxcyx began to itch, which was odd. About six hours after taking the first dose I had terrible, intense, painful itching that was uncontrollable throughout my groin area including vaginal and anal itching. The more I scratched the more I itched. I tried Ice, and benedryl which helped a bit so I didn't go to the hospital. In the morning the doctor changed the antibiotic and I was also given something to successfully treat for the worst yeast infection I have ever had. Several years later I had the same experience (I forgot ) and now list cefdinir as a drug allergy. I am not allergic to any of Cefdinir's relatives, or penicillin."

Dusty Rose (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

"Worked great for me, knocked out my sinus infection and bronchial infection. I read the negative reviews and ate lots of yoghurt to keep my stomach from hurting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

"I started taking cefdinir for a bad sore throat and sinus infection. It helped clear everything. No side effects until now. Headaches, light diarrhea, heartburn."

medina9834 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2014