User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Cefdinir review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Cefdinir to treat Bronchitis

Review by JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month):

Omnicef (cefdinir): Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by chemoangel (taken for less than 1 month):

I found this medication to be quite effective beginning on the first day of using it. I was prescribed this medication for Bronchitis, Sinus Infection, and Possible Pneumonia. It has worked wonders in draining my sinuses and helping my cough. As far as side effects go, I have none. At first there was mild nausea and a lack of appetite but that has been it. I have the liquid form of this medication and it said to take 1 teaspoon every 12 hours, but I have opted to take 1/2 teaspoon every six hours 4 times a day, which has worked out a lot better in controlling my nausea. I have one more week to go on this medication, but so far so good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by wheezy (taken for less than 1 month):

Terrible watery diarrhea and gas. Bronchitis is better though!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2013 10:32 AM

Review by Stardust Steve:

Omnicef (cefdinir): Within 36 hrs symptoms started to subside. Had no side effects with stomach (take with food). I suffer from bronchitis about twice a year. This medication was much more effective than Z-packs, Amoxicillin, or Cipro. I started getting mild headaches around day 4, Felt better but didn't clear up cough and wheezing.

February 7, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by laurie69:

Omnicef (cefdinir): It cleared me right up, stopped coughing like over night. I am also on methylpredisolone and inhaler.

September 9, 2011 8:08 AM

Review by 59 yr old:

Prescribed this medicine on Saturday along with a burst of prednisone for 5 days. Cefdinir really cleared my condition but the side effects caused me to discontinue after 6 days due to chronic diarrhea which has not stopped after stopping this medicine. Unusual fatigue. 1 day no urine. Lost 10 lbs. Will avoid using this drug.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate