User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Cefdinir Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Cefdinir to treat Bronchitis

"I am on day 3 of cefdinir for bronchitis. I can tell my coughing is much better but now I have horrible diarrhea, to the point I have accidents when I cough. My stomach makes horrible sounds as well. My Dr. did not tell me anything at all about the side effects so I was not prepared to take with yogurt or probiotics. And I had a horrible reaction in the past to Metformin so she should know that I already have these issues. Time for different med and Dr."

moonbeambaby May 1, 2015

"Chronic diarrhea after 3 days fatigue nauseated bloated. Will avoid."

Number3 February 17, 2015

Omnicef (cefdinir): "Cleared my symptoms in 24 hours after 2 days in the hospital with levaquin iv, which did nothing."

JACKTHEBEAR (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014

"I found this medication to be quite effective beginning on the first day of using it. I was prescribed this medication for Bronchitis, Sinus Infection, and Possible Pneumonia. It has worked wonders in draining my sinuses and helping my cough. As far as side effects go, I have none. At first there was mild nausea and a lack of appetite but that has been it. I have the liquid form of this medication and it said to take 1 teaspoon every 12 hours, but I have opted to take 1/2 teaspoon every six hours 4 times a day, which has worked out a lot better in controlling my nausea. I have one more week to go on this medication, but so far so good."

chemoangel (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2013

"Terrible watery diarrhea and gas. Bronchitis is better though!"

wheezy (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2013

Omnicef (cefdinir): "Within 36 hrs symptoms started to subside. Had no side effects with stomach (take with food). I suffer from bronchitis about twice a year. This medication was much more effective than Z-packs, Amoxicillin, or Cipro. I started getting mild headaches around day 4, Felt better but didn't clear up cough and wheezing. "

Stardust Steve February 7, 2012

Omnicef (cefdinir): "It cleared me right up, stopped coughing like over night. I am also on methylpredisolone and inhaler."

laurie69 September 9, 2011

"Prescribed this medicine on Saturday along with a burst of prednisone for 5 days. Cefdinir really cleared my condition but the side effects caused me to discontinue after 6 days due to chronic diarrhea which has not stopped after stopping this medicine. Unusual fatigue. 1 day no urine. Lost 10 lbs. Will avoid using this drug."

59 yr old December 20, 2010