User Reviews for Soma

Learn more about Soma.

Soma Review Summary

10.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Nocturnal Leg Cramps.

Reviews for Soma to treat Nocturnal Leg Cramps

"I have been taking Soma for 14 years and Dr's have tried giving me other muscle relaxants that do not work. When I first started taking them I felt relief very fast. My script is for 4 a day. I usually take 2 at bedtime and they give me the rest I need. They are great for leg cramps and any other muscle problems you may have. They have never made me feel weird or out of it. They don't make me feel drowsy the next day. If I am having a really bad day I will take one mid morning and then in the late afternoon. These work the best and I am not addicted to them."

redrobin73 (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"A childhood auto accident left me with a severe spinal injury. Soma helps a great deal with muscle pain."

peanutmingo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2014

"This medicine is a God-send! For years I struggled with restless legs, hypnic jerks and sciatic pain. It was torture. After one dose of Soma, the legs stopped hurting and jerking me awake every 45 minutes. The dopamine agonists (Mirapex and Requip, which made me impossibly nauseated) were not a viable option. Finally, my doctor said, "let's try Soma"; needless to say, the relief was instant and wondrous! The torture is over! The respite from the incessant twitching is nothing short of life changing. I take 525mg just before bed and I am at peace. Sweet, sweet peace! PS: I only take it 30 minutes before bed."

Samuel O'Reilly May 28, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had muscle spasms that awoke me from a dead sleep. Soma worked wonders and very quickly too. Tastes horrible when chewed, but I got complete relief in about 10 minutes, and when you are in that much pain, every moment counts."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2012

"I've used soma for about a year. The only drug that has ever helped. There are no side effects and I sleep well. No jumping up in the middle of the night with a muscle spasm!"

Anonymous May 26, 2010

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Best of the ones I've tried for leg pain from spinal injury."

Sybil's friend August 4, 2009