User Reviews for Soma

Learn more about Soma.

Soma Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Soma to treat Muscle Spasm

"They work well enough to calm down spasm to where I can be mobilized.. Walk, bend, play with my family... And take care of them as well.."

Sissy yeye January 5, 2016

"Works for about and hour then my excruciating back spasms came back and it says take one every 8 hours!"

dizzy1959 December 20, 2015

"Started taking after spinal fusion constant muscle spasms with any activity. Can bite off a piece when needed never increased dosage in 10 years. People with addictive personality can get hooked on anything its just in there DNA. This drug helped me work much longer than I could have without it."

1roof (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2015

"I have been in a pain clinic for 21 years now, 20 of those years I have been prescribed Soma. this is a far superior muscle relaxant to the other 5 or 6 available to Drs. Most have no side effects and in combination with other medications (in my case) can live an almost normal life. The DEA/irresponsible people are to blame for the current problems we are dealing with now. TALK with your Dr. And anyone else who will listen."

Patient Advocate December 4, 2015

"Soma is by far the best muscle relaxer that is under the "muscle relaxer class". Even with extreme stiffness and spasms that have been left untreated for years, Soma is the only muscle relaxer that provides relief. Many doctors won't prescribe it because they say it can be abused, which is a joke. The FDA doesn't seem to like meds that actually work. It's 100X superior to flexeril, tiziadine, etc. Soma works different -- it's the only muscle relaxer that slows down the nerves instead of just causing central nervous system (CNS) depression. All other muscles relaxers only do CNS depression and their theory is by slowing down the body, the muscles will relax. Not always true. Soma does CNS depression AND it works on the nerves. Best there is."

JJ222 September 22, 2015

"I have severe lower back sciatica problems especially on right side, and effects inner right leg. I have been on numerous medications with no relief from pain. But some which if I need only take at night and only take as needed. Yes I have been on this medication off and on for yrs because Kaiser will not cover then then do. So when they don't I have to try something else which as of right now has not helped with pain. Yes sometime I have slight lightheaded. But never severe. And with this medication I get to sleep and wake up usually so much better. But once again Kaiser as of July 2015 I was told will not cover and Drs can not prescribe. So once again I need to try other meds."

LaLoca64 July 28, 2015

"I've had muscle spasms in my back for 10+ yrs tried skelaxin, robaxin, flexeral, and norflex and they all barely helped but the soma helped tremendously!!!"

Dubsy July 21, 2015

"This med is flat out dangerous..I'm prescribed Xanax 1mg three times daily. DO NOT MIX THESE TWO..I was on both carisoprodol and Xanax and I had not 1 but 2 overdoses accidentally - not on purpose. I literally was airlifted to two different hospitals within a month and a half. This is a great medication for its intended purpose however it is extremely addicting. It should be labeled schedule 2 in my opinion as to the danger this medication holds when taken with another CNS..I also suffer from panic disorder and anxiety."

Ndawg669 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

"I have experienced severe pain and muscle spasms in my back for 35 years. Soma along with my narcotic analgesics have been a godsend. Soma helps me relax and sleep and start to work fairly quickly. I take 4 a day."

lucky123987 May 3, 2015

"I have severe back pain due to an injury and the hundreds of bone marrow aspirates because of my leukemia. After many drugs (more than a dozen combinations). I find Soma to be excellent at relieving the muscle spasms, pain, and it also releaves anxiety similar to benzos and helps me sleep like no other medicine. I also take OxyContin with it and that is what keeps me stable and going throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2015

"Good"

Namaste11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

"This medication has worked wonders for my hip/skeleton pain. I need to get back on them."

MandaBeautyMark March 8, 2015

"This medication helps with my muscle cramping and helps me relax at night so I can sleep."

duttlinj January 29, 2015

"From my experience, I have never had anything that works so well for my lower back pain. It is almost impossible to sleep at night without them. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe them, but after he did I was able to cut my pain killer daily dosage in half. I think the doc's should stick to what is proven to work."

que no (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works good for muscle spasms and helps you to relax enough to sleep when in bad pain."

Peanutsmom4 October 19, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Due to having AML (leukemia) and having hundreds of bone marrows aspirates done, I now have to take Soma due to lower back pain."

flowerchild1976 September 18, 2014

"The only muscle relaxer to work for me. No one wants to prescribe it anymore, however."

JazzyW1 September 4, 2014

"I have suffered from many ailments in the past few years one of which was sliding on black ice while working hitting my neck and back on a metal step to my bucket truck. The muscle spasms I get are just awful...muscles twisting and foot looks deformed when it happens. Soma is the only medication that gives any kind of relief...I take it sparingly as not to become dependent upon it. It does make you drowsy...but I would rather be somewhat drowsy than be in that horrible pain."

cathie143 August 6, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've tried every kind of muscle relaxer from A-Z out there and Soma is the only one that has worked for me. I take it twice a day with my pain meds and have had no side effects from it at all. I have spinal stenosis and suffer from pain all day every day and its so nice to have a little relief. "

myaeger (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Love it, it helps ease my severe neck pain, haven't had any side effects yet."

oldstinkyfisherman (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2014

"I just recently had a lumbar fusion but have had back problems for the past 5 years. The Dr would prescribe Flexeril but it wouldn't help and made my heart race. So my surgeon put me on Soma and it works tremendously. Makes me a little drowsy but functional."

doart84 July 5, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was very nervous to take Soma after doing some research on it. I decided to take it after being in terrible pain, I was surprised that when I woke up in the morning I could function with little pain. I decided to take 1/2 a pill instead at night and I have had great results. Soma works better than the narcotics do especially at night. If they could just make it non-drowsy it would be the perfect medicine."

cautious but in pain April 17, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 72 and have used Soma 3 times a day for 3 years. My pain specialist is reluctant to prescribe but understands that I have tried everything else for chronic intractable muscle spasm related to scoliosis, degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia. This has worked for me since I was 30 years old dealing with my first herniated disc. I have recently had a spinal nerve stimulator implant and although I seldom have the pain from the pressure on the sciatic nerve I do have considerable pain from muscle spasm. It is the ONLY relaxant that has ever worked for me."

Alice Mabe (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have taken soma for at least 5 years and all of a sudden my new doctor took me off and put me on flexril, it does not work at all nothing like soma to let me sleep through the night without hopping up with muscles cramps. I have had back surgury 3 times and have nerve damage that will not heal, soma helps in many ways relaxation helps me sleep and no muscle cramps hope my doctor will see fit to put me back on them I hurt so much."

cuff October 29, 2013

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Have taken Flexeril, then Parafon, then, bachlofen, then norflex, then robaxin, then finally My New Doctor I am seeing, asked if I had ever tried Soma 350 and I Said no, So He Put Me on the soma one tablet three times a day and one tablet every night at bed-time, and the pain in my back as seen improvement, My left Leg and My left foot, I have a sprained disc in my back plus moderate scoliosis, then he also wanted me to try the Zanaflex Capsules alternating with the soma, and between those two items, the pain that was in my back, my left leg and left foot started to feel much better even when I was a work while taking those two items alternating, a little drowsiness but not overly sleepy."

sierramountain October 24, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next