User Reviews for Sinemet

Learn more about Sinemet.

Parkinson's Disease 4 reviews 47 medications

Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sinemet reviews 12 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Sinemet

Review by Dottie's daughter (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Parkinson's Disease: My mom just celebrated her 1 year anniversary on Sinemet so I wanted to share an update to give anyone newly diagnosed hope. Her dose is now 4 tablets a day (25/100), which she takes at 9:00am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm and 9:00pm. We increased from 3 tablets a day probably around month six, and she's been really doing well since then. No tremors, no obvious rigidity (or any Parkinson's symptoms at all), good appetite. Zero side effects from the Sinemet, which is why I say "celebrated." This is a remarkably effective and very affordable medication. Mom will turn 88 in May. Wishing everyone the success that we have had. God bless.

April 2, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by deej416 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been on Sinemet for at least 15 years. I have not had to raise the dosage due to augmentation as of yet. This is the very first medicine I tried for restless legs syndrome and it works so well for me I don't feel the need to try the newer medicines. I have had restless legs syndrome since my teens and am now hitting 60.

August 19, 2013 2:09 AM

Review by Dottie's daughter:

For Parkinson's Disease: I wanted to share an update on my Mom's status with the hope this information helps others. My Mom's been on the Sinemet now for five months. She's still taking 3 tablets a day (25/100)-- one in the morning upon rising; one early afternoon and one in the evening. She's had no side effects that we are aware of, and up until the last three weeks has been really doing well. Now she's starting to have increased fatigue and some confusion-- not terrible, but noticeable. I'm taking to her neurologist in two weeks to see if she needs a small increase in her dose. He said her current dose (1 pill three times a day) is low, and there is room to increase gradually. Mobility is still excellent and tremors are barely there.

July 18, 2013 9:03 PM

Review by MasonsMommy:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I worked on my feet for 10 years now and developed restless leg about 2 years ago. No one understands what it is until they've encountered it themselves. I am prescribed Sinemet and I love it. I usually only take it when symptoms start (when those legs start a feeling funny). I am very fortunate because I suffer no side effects. I do not get sleepy and it doesn't bother my stomach. I would highly recommend this medication for anyone who is unfortunate enough to suffer from this.

May 14, 2013 10:24 AM

Review by Dottie's daughter (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Parkinson's Disease: My mom has been on generic Sinemet for 8 weeks, and her improvement is remarkable. She's 86, and until the last 18 months, she had never taken any medication and was energetic and bubbly. She had a dramatic and fast onset of Parkinson's, and prior to starting this medication, she was almost completely debilitated. She looked like she was slowly dying. She lost a lot of weight, was shuffling, stooped in posture, exhausted, and confused. We took her to a neurologist who started the Sinemet slowly over a series of three-day incremental increases, and she started showing improvement almost immediately. She now takes 1 tablet three times a day (25/100). Zero side effects. And, now, two months into this, she's 75% back! It's a miracle!

March 28, 2013 8:39 PM

Review by KevinP504 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This has been a God send for me. I have been prescribed carbidopa-levodopa 25/100 for 10 years and am currently 53 (age). While it may affect others differently, I have seen absolutely no side effects. If I am beginning to feel restless legs syndrome, this medicine seems to take about an hour to eliminate the symptoms. Since these symptoms seem to come over me as I relax into the evening, I simply take one in advance and another just before bed. I also take it just before long drives and flights. Works great for me and I hope others may be as fortunate. I tried Requip at one time but it made me groggy.

December 13, 2012 11:02 PM

Review by Amy Darrell:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for years due to iron deficiency. I took Sinemet for about a year and it seemed to work great for me. However, I could not take the full or even half of the dose because it really made me feel drowzy the following day so I would break it up and take a very small piece of the pill. Also, if you don't go to bed after taking it and stay up for a while, it can have the adverse effect on you. Makes you really sleepy, but make your restless legs symptoms worse. Good Luck!

February 20, 2012 3:35 AM

Review by Kampret:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I suffer from restless legs syndrome since 14 years ago and been taking Sinemet since. The only medication that works for me but only lasts for 2 to 3 hours then need to take again. For about nearly 2 years I came to realize that after eating food or drink contain msg/monosodiom glutamate - 621,627 which will contribute my suffering so if I eat less of this and will be less suffering.

January 20, 2012 8:17 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It is working great for me and unlike other medications it is not a controlled drug nor addicting.

May 15, 2011 2:57 PM

Review by Pat621:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have Restless legs both at night and during the day. The Sinemet helps some at night, but doesn't last through the night. I can't take it during the day because it makes me sleepy and upsets my stomach. If I take it with food it doesn't work at all. I have a heart condition, so there are some medicines I can't take.

October 2, 2010 11:43 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Sinemet works great for my restless legs syndrome, even better than the drugs more popularly prescribed. It is absolutely the one medication I cannot live without!

August 20, 2010 2:25 AM

Review by wv_picker:

For Parkinson's Disease: Overall was an effective drug for me, but had problems with it wearing off between doses.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2009 12:08 AM