User Reviews for Carbatrol

Learn more about Carbatrol.

Epilepsy 8 reviews 27 medications

8.2
Trigeminal Neuralgia 1 reviews 9 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Carbatrol reviews 9 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Carbatrol

For Epilepsy "No help at all did not work"

Gloyra (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2015

For Epilepsy "I'm 51, been having seizures since I was 12. Carbatrol and Depakote are what I'm taking now for about 20 years. These are the only medications that seem to work for me, I've been considered controlled, I drive, the best thing that happen to me. Only thing they are just so expensive."

xert (taken for 10 years or more) October 18, 2013

For Epilepsy "I was put on this medication over 11 years ago. I had to be boosted up to 1200mg daily to get the blood serum level in the right area. It had to be combined with Keppra to finally help me obtain control of my epilepsy. It has been very effective the past 11 years, and I have had no side effects with it."

rowdytexan (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2013

For Epilepsy "I have had epilepsy for 14 years now and during the first 9 years I took Carbatrol. At first it was great seizure free then the side effects kicked in. I was depressed and had anxiety, my emotional state changed. I felt nausea, dizzy, and sometimes uncomfortable in my body. I switched to Keppra and I'm happy. I'm normal moods and so far no side effects in Keppra."

Carbatrol Free (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2013

For Epilepsy "Carbatrol has helped me tremendously. I have been taking it for about 12 years. All I can say is Thanks Carbatrol!"

Charmaine1312 (taken for 10 years or more) October 2, 2012

For Epilepsy "I am 29, and have been on anti-convulsants since 13. Tegretol made me dizzy, sleepy, and black out in random places so my doctor changed me to Carbatrol. It is crazy expensive without insurance. It works well, but Not 100%. Over the years I've noticed its effectiveness wanes. Increasing the dosage causes dizziness and doesn't seem to solve the problem. However I have been tried on 3 other seizure medicines and they did not help at ALL, so I feel I have no choice but to stick with the rough journey on Carbatrol. Its crazy how epileptics have to FIGHT to prove their disability."

Jesica Racsumberger (taken for 10 years or more) June 3, 2012

For Trigeminal Neuralgia "Like a previous commenter, I have been suffering from Trigeminal neuralgia for years but thought I had dental issues. I even had a root canal that I didn't need. Then my pain moved into my face and I've been miserable since. I found tremendous relief on Carbatrol, but developed a severe allergic reaction to it and had to be taken off it. Now I take Gabapentin, and today my doctor added Lyrica and I can't seem to get any relief. Has anyone tried any of the surgical options to get rid of this horrible, painful disorder?"

Anonymous April 22, 2011

For Dystonia "I have been taking Carbatrol 200mg for 13 years and I can only pin point me being tired from the medicine. When I take it like prescribed I do not have any episodes."

DCG030 October 16, 2010

For Epilepsy "Dizziness for a couple of days as I adjusted to it then again had dizziness for a couple of days as dosage was later increased to 1200mg per day. Slept well, but was tired early and required going to bed about an hour earlier. Took for five years. Unfortunately it did not eliminate all seizures. Had several absence seizures requiring that I change medication."

Anonymous December 20, 2009

For Bipolar Disorder "Had a hard time putting thoughts together. "

Anonymous September 30, 2009

For Epilepsy "I've been using this for 5 years now, no side effects."

cwboone98103 May 17, 2009