User Reviews for Carbatrol

Learn more about Carbatrol.

Carbatrol review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 116 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Reviews for Carbatrol to treat Epilepsy

Review by xert (taken for 10 years or more):

I'm 51, been having seizures since I was 12. Carbatrol and Depakote are what I'm taking now for about 20 years. These are the only medications that seem to work for me, I've been considered controlled, I drive, the best thing that happen to me. Only thing they are just so expensive.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2013 10:31 AM

Review by rowdytexan (taken for 10 years or more):

I was put on this medication over 11 years ago. I had to be boosted up to 1200mg daily to get the blood serum level in the right area. It had to be combined with Keppra to finally help me obtain control of my epilepsy. It has been very effective the past 11 years, and I have had no side effects with it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 6:43 PM

Review by Carbatrol Free (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have had epilepsy for 14 years now and during the first 9 years I took Carbatrol. At first it was great seizure free then the side effects kicked in. I was depressed and had anxiety, my emotional state changed. I felt nausea, dizzy, and sometimes uncomfortable in my body. I switched to Keppra and I'm happy. I'm normal moods and so far no side effects in Keppra.

April 17, 2013 8:48 PM

Review by Charmaine1312 (taken for 10 years or more):

Carbatrol has helped me tremendously. I have been taking it for about 12 years. All I can say is Thanks Carbatrol!

October 2, 2012 12:34 AM

Review by Jesica Racsumberger (taken for 10 years or more):

I am 29, and have been on anti-convulsants since 13. Tegretol made me dizzy, sleepy, and black out in random places so my doctor changed me to Carbatrol. It is crazy expensive without insurance. It works well, but Not 100%. Over the years I've noticed its effectiveness wanes. Increasing the dosage causes dizziness and doesn't seem to solve the problem. However I have been tried on 3 other seizure medicines and they did not help at ALL, so I feel I have no choice but to stick with the rough journey on Carbatrol. Its crazy how epileptics have to FIGHT to prove their disability.

June 3, 2012 6:31 PM

Dizziness for a couple of days as I adjusted to it then again had dizziness for a couple of days as dosage was later increased to 1200mg per day. Slept well, but was tired early and required going to bed about an hour earlier. Took for five years. Unfortunately it did not eliminate all seizures. Had several absence seizures requiring that I change medication.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2009 9:20 PM

Review by cwboone98103:

I've been using this for 5 years now, no side effects.

May 17, 2009 3:30 PM