User Reviews for Capsaicin

Also known as: Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Axsain, Capsicum Oleoresin, Capsin, Capzasin, Capzasin Back and Body, Capzasin Quick Relief, Capzasin-HP, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Capzasin-P, Castiva Warming, Dolorac, Drs Cream, GNP Capsaicin, Icy Hot PM Patch, ...show all 33 brand names

Learn more about Capsaicin.

Reviews for Capsaicin to treat Postherpetic Neuralgia

Review by Got my life back!:

Zostrix-HP (capsaicin): I have had PHN for 2 years and have been in extreme pain. My Internist told me about Zostrix HP along with the warning to be careful applying it and to wash it off my hands. I started using latex gloves to administer it on my body and after 2 weeks my pain began to subside. I am now at a very manageable pain level. On a 1-10 with 10 being the highest pain I am now finally at 0.5 (point five) after 2 years of being at a pain level of 10 day and night. I use it sparingly (pea sized amount) 3-4 x a day. I highly recommend it if you had shingles and then PHN.

April 13, 2012 3:43 PM

Trixaicin HP (capsaicin): I have used Trixaicin HP for 6 days. Some lessing of the pain, but still have a slight burning. Would rather have the burning from the medicine then the pain from the shingles neuropathy.

December 26, 2009 9:34 PM