User Reviews for Dovonex

Learn more about Dovonex.

Dovonex Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 229 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Dovonex to treat Psoriasis

"Had psoriasis all over my hands, feet and scalp 13 years ago and had tried everything for it, but it only got worse. I used this for a short time and it cleared up my hands and feet quickly. My scalp cleared up by using Neutrogena medicated shampoos. None of it has come back since. I only know that it was this medication that cleared it up because I recently came across a couple of unused sample tubes that my dermatologist had given me and recognized this as what had worked to get rid of my psoriasis. (about the 6th thing she had tried on me)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2013

"Not very strong and didn't really work for me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2012

"It works. Easy to apply with gloves."

Anonymous October 15, 2011

"I'v used Dovonex for about 20 years, I LOVE IT! It has never made the Psoriasis go completely away. It did come close though. Maybe if I could afford to use it as prescribed it would , but @ $238.00 a tube the cheapest around my area; I just can't afford it. I stretch a tube till it's just keeping the take over at bay instead of driving it away! Dovonex truly works wonders."

Carolinablazer September 18, 2011

"It's the only non-steroid medicine I've found that actually works."

Anonymous August 25, 2011

"It cleared up my psoriasis completely. The only drawback is that I built up a tolerance to it and it became ineffective after about 3 or 4 years of use."

TraceyFree April 28, 2011

"I used it in the early days of my psoriasis and it worked wonders. I use it now because I've tried so many natural & Rx meds that did worse for me. It has cleared my plaque psoriasis totally and a trick I learned from my Dr. is put some water on the skin and it will spread more easily and you'll use less of the cream. It doesn't take much to work. Make sure if your taking supplements that you get off them. Especially vitamin D3. You will notice deep dark scares from the plaques, but they will eventually fade over time. I'll put up with the bruised look rather than the silvery, scales. Also, you can use a foundation make up (yes I am a guy) to cover them up. I got that secret from my wife. Everything is fine and cleared up."

mdc76082 February 13, 2010

"This medication actually made my psoriasis worse. It made my skin itch and I recommend that you talk to your doctor and see if this medication is truly right for you. I have heard that it worked wonders for a lot of people. It just didn't work for me."

Anonymous October 6, 2009

"I have used Dovonex for 2 years for psoriasis. Can't really tell if it works or not. I may be worse if I don't use it."

Anonymous May 31, 2009

"I had severe psoriasis on my whole scalp for many years. I tried many topicals over the years, nothing helped. Then I had a severe out break of redness on my upper body one year and the Dermatologist gave me a topical that healed it. After that he gave me Dovonex scalp solution and a prescription Tar Shampoo to use on my scalp. That night I used the tar shampoo and Dovonex and saw improvement. It was gone in less than 2 weeks. My psoriasis is gone, it's been 5 years. I highly recommend these 2 medicines."

Loved it !!!! September 28, 2008

"I had Psoriasis on my elbows and i was prescribed daivonex it does the job as in, it gets rid of it, but as soon as I stop using it the Psoriasis returns. To be expected I think. It works in short."

Anonymous February 26, 2008