Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cabergoline

Also known as: Dostinex

Learn more about Cabergoline.

Cabergoline review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Hyperprolactinemia.

Reviews for Cabergoline to treat Hyperprolactinemia

Review by Guest 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Cabergoline has been effective in lowering my prolactin levels and shrinking my tumor. However, the side effects are rough. Dizziness, extremely tired, nearly constant nausea, which often leads to vomiting. Cabergoline is better than the other two medications I have tried though.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 3:10 AM

Review by Lilly2015:

The only side effects I get are stuffy nose and headaches. Stuffy noses are supposedly an unusual side effect, but I get one every time I take cabergoline.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 3:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been taking cabergoline for about a month now and my first 2 weeks i had really bad headaches and stomach aches the next day. Now i just experience a very bloated stomach like twice a week which is annoying. I'm hoping that stops and i lose some of this weight gain because of this high prolactin.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 6:35 PM

Review by M A (taken for 1 to 2 years):

My prolaction levels are down now from 35000 to 330, my headache is going away day after day and also I have lost some weight. Also my sex drive is fabulous no joke from once every month before it into 40 times weekly. I feel normal again so I love it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 9:01 AM

Review by Louiset (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This medicine has worked wonders for me, my prolaction levels are down, my periods back to normal and also I have lost 8lbs only been taking it for 6 weeks, also my sex drive is fabulous. I feel normal again I feel like myself. There is one downside, my nose is always blocked, but all the positives out way the negatives. 0.5 twice a week.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2014 10:22 AM

Review by JKL 75:

Dostinex (cabergoline): Ive been taking Cabergoline for 7 years and it has helped keep my prolactin level normal. I can take it anytime of the day and it doesnt bother my stomach, i do get dizzy easier on this medicine.

November 13, 2013 2:18 PM

I just took three doses of 0.25mg cabergoline but I developed severe headache and even fainted. My doctor suggested to stop medication for about a month.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took cabergoline twice a week (at night) for 5 months. The day after each dose, I felt extremely tired, nauseous, dizzy, constipated and had a numbing headache. The symptoms got worse over time.

December 16, 2012 10:37 AM

It did alleviate the uncomfortable symptoms of hyperprolactinemia; however, side effects were quite negative and possibly dangerous for me. I'm petite and despite a very small dose taken bi-weekly, the side effects were strong. The morning after taking a dose it was difficult to wake up and I slept through alarms on many occasions. My blood pressure also dropped to very low levels and I had to be cautious when standing up to avoid passing out. My prolactin levels are always elevated, but I only experience symptoms every 3 months for a week or 2 when I cycle to the off-week of my estrogen-replacement birth control pills. My doctor and I decided that the constant side-effects were worse than the occasional, though uncomfortable, symptoms for me.

September 16, 2011 8:58 PM

This medicine worked great for me in reducing my prolacting producing tumor

November 9, 2010 11:21 AM

Review by amykakes:

Dostinex (cabergoline): I've used Dostinex for years now, to treat high prolactin hormone levels. When I was younger they had me take Propranolol which made me so sick to my stomach! Dostinex has really no side effects that I've experienced and I only have to take it twice a week!

August 17, 2010 10:31 AM

Review by caetano:

Dostinex (cabergoline): good drug for dysreflexy in spinal cord injurieds

March 12, 2008 9:36 AM