User Reviews for Cabergoline

Also known as: Dostinex

Learn more about Cabergoline.

Cabergoline review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Hyperprolactinemia.

Reviews for Cabergoline to treat Hyperprolactinemia

Review by Louiset (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This medicine has worked wonders for me, my prolaction levels are down, my periods back to normal and also I have lost 8lbs only been taking it for 6 weeks, also my sex drive is fabulous. I feel normal again I feel like myself. There is one downside, my nose is always blocked, but all the positives out way the negatives. 0.5 twice a week.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2014 10:22 AM

Review by JKL 75:

Dostinex (cabergoline): Ive been taking Cabergoline for 7 years and it has helped keep my prolactin level normal. I can take it anytime of the day and it doesnt bother my stomach, i do get dizzy easier on this medicine.

November 13, 2013 2:18 PM

I just took three doses of 0.25mg cabergoline but I developed severe headache and even fainted. My doctor suggested to stop medication for about a month.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2013 12:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took cabergoline twice a week (at night) for 5 months. The day after each dose, I felt extremely tired, nauseous, dizzy, constipated and had a numbing headache. The symptoms got worse over time.

December 16, 2012 10:37 AM

It did alleviate the uncomfortable symptoms of hyperprolactinemia; however, side effects were quite negative and possibly dangerous for me. I'm petite and despite a very small dose taken bi-weekly, the side effects were strong. The morning after taking a dose it was difficult to wake up and I slept through alarms on many occasions. My blood pressure also dropped to very low levels and I had to be cautious when standing up to avoid passing out. My prolactin levels are always elevated, but I only experience symptoms every 3 months for a week or 2 when I cycle to the off-week of my estrogen-replacement birth control pills. My doctor and I decided that the constant side-effects were worse than the occasional, though uncomfortable, symptoms for me.

September 16, 2011 8:58 PM

This medicine worked great for me in reducing my prolacting producing tumor

November 9, 2010 11:21 AM

Review by amykakes:

Dostinex (cabergoline): I've used Dostinex for years now, to treat high prolactin hormone levels. When I was younger they had me take Propranolol which made me so sick to my stomach! Dostinex has really no side effects that I've experienced and I only have to take it twice a week!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2010 10:31 AM

Review by caetano:

Dostinex (cabergoline): good drug for dysreflexy in spinal cord injurieds

March 12, 2008 9:36 AM