User Reviews for C1 esterase inhibitor (human)

Also known as: Berinert, Cinryze, Ruconest

Learn more about C1 esterase inhibitor (human).

Reviews for C1 esterase inhibitor (human) to treat Hereditary Angioedema

Review by AngelaNH:

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): Having been 9 months old when I was first diagnosed with Hereditary Angioedema, I am still one of the youngest cases on file. For the past 40 years I have suffered with moderate to severe swelling attacks almost weekly. At times life was almost unlivable, and the pain was often excruciating. Cinryze has changed all that. There are no more trips to the emergency room, no more narcotics, or steroids that ultimately did nothing to stop the pain, nausea, and vomiting. I have a full life for the first time and I am grateful beyond words. Additionally, my 11 year old daughter, who also has Hereditary Angioedema, will not have to suffer the same way I did. In short, Cinryze has changed my life for the better.

September 18, 2013 1:55 PM

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): I have had a reaction to this medication both times we have tried it with fast heart rate, hypotension, and nausea and vomiting. My symptoms were a little better after starting with Benadryl and Phenergan. I was taking Berinert on basis of about once a week depending on swelling. I didn't have a reaction at all with this medicine. My doctor has suggested that we go back to using the Berinert.

March 3, 2011 4:57 PM

Review by fayeheis:

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): After suffering with this condition for 50 years, I'm very thankful this medicine is available and it works terrific.

January 13, 2011 11:11 PM

Cinryze (C1 esterase inhibitor (human)): Well worth it.

May 31, 2010 9:49 PM