User Reviews for Stadol

Labor Pain 6 reviews 9 medications

Anesthetic Adjunct 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Stadol reviews 23 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Stadol

For Labor Pain "This drug knocked me out during labor which was great because I was crying and almost hyperventilating during my contractions (I was induced). They woke me up when I was fully dilated to push. Will ask for it again with next baby."

Cwingo (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

For Pain "Ive been suffering with migraines since i was 12 and they have just gotten worse over the years i have usually 3 to 4 migraines a month i like most of you have taken just about all the triptans they make (zomig,maxalt,frova,immitrex etc) and numerous preventatives i ended up in the hospital for several days because of how bad the side effects were taken a toll on my body i had to quit taken them so i just suffered with my migraines and went to the er when I couldn't handle the pain anymore which is not fun at all cause 50 % of the time you get treated like a drug seeker well i was on my second pregnancy about 4 months along and i was just suffering daily from severe migraines my ob prescribes me Stadol NS this is my miracle drug people"

Temperance1985 June 23, 2015

For Pain "For migraine pain = BEST = obliterates an attack. Side effects = Severe = dizzy and sedated, tolerance develops rapidly with any repetitious use. I take Stadol to abort only the most severe migraine attacks, about 10 doses per year. I can take it, but only if I have absolutely NO responsibilities for the 4 following hours. Stadol has helped me avoid a trip to the ER numerous times. It's one of those "break glass in case of emergency" type medicines, for me. It works EXTREMELY fast, starting in less than 2 minutes."

THEOCDMIGRAINEMAN (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2014

For Pain "I get daily migraines and nothing helps me. I've tried everything you could think of Stadol helps my pain too an extent. I'd guess 60% with a max dose but in all fairness that is the best pain relief I get but it does have side effects with me all in all I'd say its helpful."

this guy November 11, 2014

For Pain "I have trigeminal neuralgia which triggers pain in my head so bad I just want to take my head off. Normal migraine meds do not help for these migraines. Stadol is the only medicine that takes the pain away. Sometimes I need to take a Phenergan with a spray, but other than some nausea I have no problems with Stadol. So far I have a nice doctor who just wants my pain to stop."

Amy B (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2013

"I have been using Stadol since I was 21 and I am now 40. This is a great medicine if you use it when you supposed to use it. I am 40 now and the doctors have to give me something much more stronger now to help me with my pain from cancer. "

tinn April 1, 2012

For Pain "I've had migraines now for 56 years. I've been on just about everything out there. I was prescribed Stadol NS back in the early '90's. In the mid '90's, I was on it daily, after my migraines went to a severe chronic daily status. I found Stadol NS to be a life saver. I have been using it every day since. Of course, some days I use almost none, and some days I use my maximum dose. I have never had any adverse reaction to it. During a time when my pharmacy wasn't able to get this medication for several months, I had no problem or withdrawl symptoms. I just had to use less effective medications. I know that everyone is different, but this medicine has been a great success for me."

Crystalrz4 January 11, 2012

For Pain "Tried one time and can tell you that it works."

refinancetoday November 23, 2011

For Pain "Super effective and VERY strong. It's the only medicine that I've nodded to period. Use for bad pain with care. It works wonders, instantly. Couple of sprays and you're just fine (totally crushed...but not feeling the pain)."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

For Pain "I have fybromyalgia, have been in pain for over 15 yrs before they had a name for it. My doctor prescribed this medicine for me in nasal form. I only use it when pain is intolerable. There have been times when I have even allowed it to be expired because of non-use. It is a great medication but you must use it with care."

gidget01 October 4, 2011

For Labor Pain "They gave me Stadol when I was in labor with my son. It made me hallucinate badly. "

Anonymous August 30, 2011

For Pain "I have been suffering from migraines all of my life, before they made Stadol in nasal spray form, I was at the Emergency Room at least twice a month to get a shot of Stadol combined with Phenergan for the nausea. Finally they came out with the nasal spray, which was great, because not only could I not throw it up, but since it is administered through the nasal passage, it gave me almost immediate relief. I think that Stadol is the best pain medicine that was ever created, however, it is very addictive, and your tolerance gets to be higher and higher. People that suffer from any type of chronic pain I'm sure will agree with me."

Sunshine86 August 17, 2011

For Pain "I have tried just about everything for migraine pain. I am sensitive/allergic to the triptans. Plus, most of them last about 4-6 hours, my headaches last about 36 and you aren't supposed to use them two days in a row. I use Stadol for relief from the pain when it becomes unbearable. I use self-hypnosis, biofeedback, and Aleve but there are times when I need something stronger. This works quickly and there is no risk of vomiting it up as with a pill. "

Long time Migraine Patient April 2, 2011

For Pain "Stadol along with Vistaril are the best combination on the planet for my migraines. When I get one that will not respond to the other medicines I am supposed to try first, and if I can convince the ever suspicious doctors and my local emergency room that not everyone is a drug seeker and some of us REALLY DO have REAL pain issues, this is usually what they give me. When I have one that bad, all I want to do is sleep through it anyway and the Stadol alone kind of makes me drowsy, but ambitious. But the Vistaril makes me relaxed and sleepy so I don't wake up to some kind of half done project that I neither recognize nor remember. Plus I almost NEVER wake up with a migraine again. "

Anonymous March 15, 2011

For Pain "I have been using Stadol Nasal Spray for at least 15 years. It is the best migraine medication for me that is out there. However, my doctor has recently stopped prescribing it for me because the State Drug Board or whatever they are called started giving him a hard time for prescribing it for me. I suffer migraines at least two times (if not more) a week and am really suffering without it. Nothing else works. The only bad side effect is some stomach discomfort at first, but it goes away as your body gets use to it. My Doctor knows I need it but his hands have been tied. "

chezals January 4, 2011

For Labor Pain "I had this with my first child. It was awesome! I had been up a lot of the night with contractions and was exhausted that afternoon. I knew I didn't want an epidural so they gave me Stadol. It put me to sleep from 5-10 centimeters and they woke me up when it was time to push!"

Anonymous March 23, 2010

For Labor Pain "My On-Call Obgy put me on Stadol because I asked her not to use Demerol. I told her I didn't want to feel drugged while in labor so she choose Stadol. I was so out of it my husband video taped my delivery and my eyes were LITERALLY rolling in the back of my head. As far as taking pain away who could tell - I was out of my mind. Anyone who can take this must be used to strong pain relievers."

linda pudue December 11, 2009

For Pain "My doctor prescribed me this medicine for my migraines. Although it worked great for the pain, it was extremely addictive. I started wanting it all the time time, even when I did not have a migraine because it made me feel so good. "

Anonymous October 27, 2009

For Pain "My doctor has prescribed this medication for migraines. It works great if you take it at the onset of a migraine. If you have a full blown migraine, it may take several doses. All other migraine medications do not work on me. Stadol is the only pain reliever to help with the pain. Just make sure when you take it, you are some place you can lie down."

troubl-1 March 27, 2009

For Pain "I used this medication years ago for my migraines. Since that time, my husband has joined the Army and we have moved several times, etc. Each time we do, I have to start all over again with my migraine treatments (I have hemi-palegic migraines) and I would give my eye-teeth for one of these doctors to just let me take Stadol NS again! It worked so well mainly because even when I was nauseated, I would still "keep" this medication because it was in the nasal spray form. This medicine was a wonder drug for me... oh how I wish it could be again."

Anonymous August 23, 2008

For Pain "Stadol works great for migraine's. The only bothersome side effect that I've noticed is that after you take it, it doesn't make you really sleepy but you still feel like you have to close your eyes. Otherwise, this drug is a lifesaver for migraine sufferers."

slitter028 June 17, 2008

For Labor Pain "when i was in labor with my son, they actually gave me to doses of stadol through my IV and it knocked out my headache completely and eased the pain of my contractions slightly, but my son was on a nerve so i still ended up with an epidural afterward"

lil_mama_08 May 23, 2008

For Labor Pain "I was put in the hospital a month before the delivery of my twins, and stadol worked great for contractions. It also helped me sleep a lot better."

Anonymous May 13, 2008

For Pain "This is my rescue pain medication for really bad migraine headaches. I have killer ones - usually with aura so I can start pain meds (2x Percocet 10/325) before pain gets out of control. I usually use Stadol if I awake with a Migraine. This medication is a lifesaver - it takes me from suicide due to pain to just being able to sleep. Only down side - it is the only medication that I have ever taken that I want more of once it wears off! Beware of addiction!"

JGR123 April 30, 2008