User Reviews for Buspirone

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Buspirone review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Reviews for Buspirone to treat Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced

Review by Rina123:

BuSpar (buspirone): I've been taking 15mg of BuSpar for 1 month now. It started working around week 3. I can gratetfully say that it is working for the sexual side effects. This medication is a life saver!

July 1, 2014 2:51 PM

I had been on Escitalopram for the last 5 years due to anxiety and occasional panic attacks. But like other SSRI's it had negative impact on sexual function and weight gain. I tapered of my escitalopram slowly and started taking buspirone in low doses. It helped me great both on Sexual Function and anxiety. It gave me confidence and relief.

April 25, 2011 1:32 AM

BuSpar (buspirone): I found that Buspar helped quite a bit in allowing me to orgasm. It was also quite useful in partially abating teeth grinding, which I get in relation to SSRIs.

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2010 1:17 PM

Review by markrichards:

Used this medication to reverse the sexual side effects of MANY different SSRI's including: Paxil, Lexapro and Prozac. Worked great! I highly recommend this drug to anyone looking for a light anxiety medicine that works against sexual side effects.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2010 1:30 PM

Review by talvarez:

BuSpar (buspirone): I have taken many antidepressants and a lot of them took away my desire for sex. I did not know that this medicine could help. I did not get this medicine for this reason. I also take Lexapro for bipolar and depression...so I think it could be worth a try to see if this medicine helps. I took clonazepam for years and my doctor wanted to try something new with this medicine..

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2010 3:20 PM