User Reviews for Buspirone

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Reviews for Buspirone to treat Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

buspirone: I had been on Escitalopram for the last 5 years due to anxiety and occasional panic attacks. But like other SSRI's it had negative impact on sexual function and weight gain. I tapered of my escitalopram slowly and started taking buspirone in low doses. It helped me great both on Sexual Function and anxiety. It gave me confidence and relief.

April 25, 2011 1:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

BuSpar (buspirone): I found that Buspar helped quite a bit in allowing me to orgasm. It was also quite useful in partially abating teeth grinding, which I get in relation to SSRIs.

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2010 1:17 PM
Review by markrichards: User Rating:

buspirone: Used this medication to reverse the sexual side effects of MANY different SSRI's including: Paxil, Lexapro and Prozac. Worked great! I highly recommend this drug to anyone looking for a light anxiety medicine that works against sexual side effects.

August 13, 2010 1:30 PM
Review by talvarez: User Rating:

BuSpar (buspirone): I have taken many antidepressants and a lot of them took away my desire for sex. I did not know that this medicine could help. I did not get this medicine for this reason. I also take Lexapro for bipolar and depression...so I think it could be worth a try to see if this medicine helps. I took clonazepam for years and my doctor wanted to try something new with this medicine..

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 19, 2010 3:20 PM