User Reviews for BuSpar

6.6
Panic Disorder 30 reviews 19 medications

Summary of BuSpar reviews 279 reviews 6.6

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "Buspar lifted the anxiety ever so gently. I take 3 10 mg tablets per day and it's only $6 per month when prescribed that way. 2 15mg pills a day was $45. As if the relief from anxiety wasn't wonderful enough, after the first 3 years I went from getting plastered with viruses, to just 1 or 2 a year. Think about it...anxiety causes the brain to send out massive amounts of cortisol and adrenaline, which seriously compromises your immune system. Less cortisol & adrenaline equals a stronger immune system. Then there's the enhanced sexual experience for a percentage of us...and that's a little personal, but very appreciated!"

valj (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Took buspar for the first time yesterday. My PTSD has been growing into agoraphobia slowly and it has been debilitating. Started 7.5mg of the buspar and not even and hour later, I was walking like a drunk, felt like my entire body was being zapped if I moved my neck or head. I was so dizzy I had to take a nap. Decided maybe I'd be better with the night time dose. Took it before bed, fell asleep, and woke up every two hours. Ended up wetting the bed (not an issue I've had ever) and still too damned dizzy to get up. I'm in my mid twenties. This medication doesn't help me and I'd rather stay on the Clonazepam."

Pandoras Box April 28, 2016

For Anxiety "I initially was prescribed this a few months ago at 10 mg 3xd, but it made me headachy and almost made my anxiety worse, so I quit taking it. I cannot take benzos, and recently am having more problems with anxiety, so I'm trying it at 5 mg 3xd. Now I see what others have been talking positively about. It's very subtle, but apparently I was just taking too much for my system before. So far, so good."

8901l (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Anxiety "I was taking ativan from a friend for my slight anxiety issue. It was 1mg I stopped it for two weeks started getting weird feelings in my head. Then had panic attack for the first time. Turns out I'm addicted to the ativan. My doctor gave me .5 ativan didn't stop the attacks and couldn't function right. I had to take a full 1 mg to function. When ever I don't take it I get a panic attack. Well my PcP gave me buspar and been doing better. I been on it two days he wants me to take 15 mg four times a day but that's too much I take 7.5 and feel normal. Taking a full 15 mg is a no no. But at the right dosage it works. Hopefully soon to kick the ativan out. Of missed worked because of this ativan problem. I don't suggest taking any benzodiazepines."

Guyver91 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Just got prescribed busbar I take 30mg x2 daily (60mg) I'm 26 suffer from panic attacks and ptsd. For the short time I been on the medication it seems to cut the edge when taken with xanax 1mg 3x a day. Hope to the person reading this it will help. Panic can ruin live's an it's crazy to see so many doctors on negative about benzos. "

James1417 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

For Anxiety "I began taking buspar about six weeks ago. I am not a fan of benzos because they are addictive, I prefer to function with a clear head rather than popping a pill that sedates me so badly that maybe I'm not feeling my anxiety, but I'm also not living my life or doing much else either. Buspar has changed my life, I had completely forgotten what it was like to have a quiet mind until now. My obsessive thoughts subsided, I can leave my house without fear, I can speak to my friends and to strangers without profusely sweating and trembling, and I can drive again now that I'm not so easily stimulated. It takes a few weeks to feel the full effect, so hang in there if you just began."

Callico4215 April 20, 2016

For Panic Disorder "This medicine is a waste of time ... to be honest or might be a placebo because it doesn't work !!!! The first time I took it , I made myself believe it worked but it doesn't .... I'm going back on my old combo Klonipin and seroquel.... Can't deal with this anymore longer !!!!! Save your time , energy , and extra anxiety "

Koko800 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2016

For Anxiety "Helps so much."

AprilCreations (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Anxiety "I was suffering from such bad anxiety that I felt desperate. I wanted it gone so I waited the six weeks it took to get into a psychiatrist. She prescribed me Buspar and within the first day the meds started to kick in. I took the first dose and then the second as she prescribed me 5mg twice a day to start. I could feel the chemicals in my brain changing and suppressing the anxiety and it was a relief! Let me warn you though, anyone with true anxiety also suffers from depression too so once the anxiety is taken care of with Buspar the depression comes on so much stronger! I'm on Zoloft and Buspar. Used to just be on Paxil until it stopped working."

cardigon1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I suffer from anxiety/panic disorder and I was given Buspar 10 MG twice daily. I felt very light headed and like I had a constant head rush. My Dr tried increasing the dose to 20mg twice daily and with that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to nap for 2 to 3 hours. It was just awful. After nearly 4 weeks of being on this medication, I have insisted that I been taken off of it. I am on 5 MG twice a day for today and tomorrow and then I'll be done with it and I hope the side effects go away soon. Just an awful experience."

DCD79 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

For Anxiety "I suffer from anxiety,depression and PTSD. This medicine has proven to be a great alternative over a benzo. Being non habit forming is the best par . I do get headaches and fatigue but it is better then the side effects associated with benzo. I recommend this to anyone looking for a non addictive alternative to zanex"

Jessika N March 18, 2016

For Anxiety "I'm returning to Buspar after seven years off. Started having chronic anxiety attacks again after my wife's hysterectomy. Wish I could remember my old dosage. I tend to be drug sensitive and the 30 mg. dosage made me fuzzy. The PA that did this script was a little overzealous. Doing well on just the 15 mg. even if it is a self-adjusted dosage. After a few weeks I can have a talk with our MD and he'll probably leave it at 15 or 20."

MerricMaker (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2016

For Anxiety "My Dr. Prescribed due to it low dosage. And that I didn't want to take meds. I became so helpless after years of trying to cope with anxiety on my own, I finally reached a point where medicine was my only hope. It kicked in quickly, my obssesive thoughts stopped, then dosage would wear off so I started taking a higher dosage, then it made me become upset, super emo crying, not myself and finally realized it was buspar. Cut back dosage again. It made me tired all the time, couldn't concentrate, weird dreams, and loss of interest in things. Was not a good fit, I finally had to ask Dr for something else after a year it didn't work all together except for stopping obssesive thoughts. It also gave me brain zaps, memory loss, and space cadet syndr"

Worked and then stopped... (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been on Busiprone (10 mg twice a day) for about 2 weeks now and I have seen no improvement. My sleep is jacked up from it from either interupted sleep or vivid dreams. I dont think I'm going to continue to use it. Xanax seemed to be the only thing that has helped me so far.."

Snhende (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2016

For Anxiety "I started taking Buspar 5mg twice a day due to anxiety of my Mom being in the hospital. Let me tell you how it affects me...positively. I take it along with Prozac 20mg once a day and the combination works WONDERS for me. I take both in the morning and the Buspar in the afternoon around 4pm. What a difference!!"

Motorcityirish (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

For Anxiety "Diagnosed with general anxiety disorder. Would have obsessive thoughts non stop, losing sleep sometimes. Started taking buspar 5mg twice a day. Hands felt tingling and head a little cloudy but no other real side affect. Increased up to 10mg. Immediately saw improvement, no more obsessive thoughts that would normally slow me at my work. Been on it for almost a year now and have no side affects."

Sierra921 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

For Anxiety "I have had anxiety for 10 years and had given up all hope for a normal life. Last year i was prescribed Buspar 15mg a day and it did nothing for me. On one of my many visits to the mental hospital I was told to try bumping it up to 40mg. A week later I had my first anxiety free day. It's now been 7 months and I haven't had a single anxiety day. I have finally started to love again, I feel normal. My doctor said that because it's not addictive and doesn't lose its effects over time like Benzos I can continue to take it indefinitely so I will. If you're on it and it's not working perhaps you may need more For me it's finally given me my life back"

Edsterytt February 22, 2016

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Well this medication improved my mood related to possible social anxiety but on the 3 day of taking I had some psychosis related side effects in aggravation then started to get very hyper but depressed bad experience"

185303pharmacydude (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Anxiety "I connect so much with "Frustrated Fenway Fan"'s post..I have almost disabling anxiety. I started having panic attacks at eleven years old.....I am now 33. The entire time I was treated with Xanax which I NEVER once abused...my former doctor abruptly stopped prescribing it to me because he caught wind that I had spent a year and a half fighting an opiate addiction, Suboxone saved my life...but although that is all in the past and I don't even take that medication anymore....it is on my medical history! Now.NO ONE will prescribe me any sort of benzodiazepine. I have just been prescribed Buspar. I pray it works. I just want my life back."

murphy's law (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

For Anxiety "BEST medication I've ever taken for anxiety. I was skeptical to take it because of some negative reviews, but I figured, what the heck, what have I got to lose?? I plan on staying on buspar for a long long time. It's allowed me to be more outgoing and get involved more in social situations. Have a positive attitude, try it, and I think you'll love it too!"

G mc (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2016

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have tried many other anxiety medications. This took about 4 weeks to work but is great. I'm 34 years old and have had anxiety since I was a teenager. This is the best I have felt in my adult life. Also taking Prozac once daily. Great combination."

Myself again February 16, 2016

For Anxiety "So, Buspar does nothing for me at all. I may as well have been taking a sugar pill all this time. My doctor felt that since I was only 30 years old, the Benzo that I had been on for the last 4 years that greatly helped me, was out of the question because SOME folks abuse it. REALLY?! If your anxiety is intense and life ruling like mine is, please look into a Benzo. Hopefully you'll have a doctor that is actually out to HELP you."

Frustrated Fenway Fan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2016

For Anxiety "Buspar 5 mg twice daily for possible anxiety induced difficulty failing asleep. First week good, second week less helpful for sleep, then onset of extreme hip, bilateral leg weakness with feeling of extreme leg muscle fatigue, start mid afternoon, worse by bedtime every night, required pain med to allow sleep. Discontinued."

Dobelady (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

For Anxiety "My doctor first started me on buspar over two years ago, probably at 16. Slowly throughout the years we've had to increase it until about a year ago, when I reached the maximum 60mg and I had to finally ask my doctor for something else. But I mean that's what you get with medication, it's all pretty much trial and error"

idkwhattoputhere (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2016

For Anxiety "I've had severe anxiety and depression for many years and have tried many meds. For me, BuSpar wasn't very effective, even at the maximum dose of 60mg/day. It also caused me very restless legs at night, which was extremely troublesome. I couldn't lie still for even ten seconds. I also got brain zaps. My doctor thinks I should remain on BuSpar, so these days I take only 10mg/day as a backup to my other meds. I don't have the side effects at the lower dose."

Serene Celine (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2016