User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder 26 reviews 19 medications

6.3
Summary of BuSpar reviews 254 reviews 6.7

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "I started this medication on a low, as needed, 5mg dose back in August after I started a new job with a high level of stress. Taking it twice a day as needed worked for awhile with no major side effects. Working this stressful job full time, classes, and being a newly wed young adult was taking it's toll and I finally had a nervous breakdown at work, uncontrollable sobbing, hyperventilating, the works. I went to the doctor and we've upped it from 5mg BID PRN to 15mg twice daily. I'm currently taking 7.5mg twice daily to get used to the increased dose. The only side effects I'm dealing with is nausea, but it goes away eventually."

AnxiousButNotAsAnxious (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 31, 2016

For Anxiety "Takes 6-8 weeks to work but it works better than anything I've tried. I've had anxiety for years and have tried a long list of meds."

InScienceWeTrust (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

For Anxiety "I was on this back in the 80's while hospitalized for depression. It was a horrible drug it made my mouth dry and talking difficult. Also, it must have made me say things I don't recall saying because during one appointment with the psychiatrist in the hospital, he wrote a comments he thought I said which I hadn't (I later saw the reports)!"

quintenwatertown December 30, 2015

For Anxiety "Wait 6 weeks but it helps before then too. I have been on it at 25 mg a day for a year. Just recently I have been in a traumatic situation and I ramped up the dosage to 40/50 mg to help. It has been a huge help and I only have taken 2 Ativan during this three week ordeal. I think Buspar for me makes me tired when I am not anxious and is a huge help when I am. It seems to cut the adrenaline levels and that is what works for me without the sexual side effects that SSRIs have."

Wwert December 30, 2015

For Anxiety "After extreme weight gain on SSRIs, I thought buspar would be my miracle drug. I was totally wrong. After day two I had such bad twitches/tremors and my jaw seemed to locked for short periods of time. Went to emergency due to the side effects causing panic attacks."

WInative December 19, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been on this medication for 8 months now & really like it. I take a combination of Buspirone & Mirtazapine which keeps me level with no anxiety. My racing thoughts are gone. I was waking up all night every hour with racing thoughts. Now I'm able to sleep & have a calm mind both while waking & sleeping. One thing I do notice is that it gives me the munchies for sweets. I'm working to curb that with healthy snacks instead. Sometimes it does make me slightly light headed, but to me that's a relaxing feeling that helps me stay calm. I'm able to stay focused and am doing better on my job & in my personal life than ever before. I really love this medication & give it a thumbs up for anxiety!"

Chaoz1313 December 18, 2015

For Anxiety "I started taking Busbar earlier this year. I'm unable to work due to severe depression, severe anxiety, and PTSD. Initially, it eased my muscles and eased my anxiety better than xanax. Since I have been on it, my face is fat and I've gained weight in places where I have never had a problem. My formerly long thick hair is thin. My skin became thin and dry. At one point, I had patches of hair missing; through prayer, it's coming back. Today I was so disgusted with the changes and prayed for a reason as to why these things were happening.It came to me to look up the side effects of busbar and BAM, they were all there. Warning this stuff can cause alopecia. I'm going to stop taking it."

ThankYouFather (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 18, 2015

For Anxiety "Noticed a change immediately. Started out on 5mg twice a day for two weeks, then upped to 10mg twice a day. Work in surgery so pretty stressful work. I couldnt sleep the night before cases thinking about all the bad things that could happen. Once I started taking buspar those thoughts went away and I could get a full nights rest. I am clear headed and focused at work, whenever negative thoughts creep in my head I am able to dispel them with relative ease."

Bipolar Guy with GAD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2015

For Anxiety "I was put om buspar due to getting custody of my niece and nephew from dhr and getting a promotion to a new much more stressful job. The buspar helped keep me calm enough to focus at the tasks before me and help me get through my day to day life. I was super stressed and scared bc of all of the changes in my life and buspar helped me calm down and cope"

Kimberly959 December 4, 2015

For Anxiety "I started taking this medication during a particularly stressful period in my life and continued it for about a year. It got me through a divorce and kept me within my stress threshold. I stopped taking it when I started feeling like I was on stable ground and had little if any withdrawal symptoms. After about a year, another stressful situation came up with my little sister tried to kill herself and I was in my first semester back to college with a full course load, trying to be a single mom to the best of my ability at the same time. It definitely doesn't work as strongly as it did the first round, but it makes the stress level manageable. It feels like he rock sitting on my chest has been removed, and then I can think through things"

jam6786876 November 30, 2015

For Anxiety "This is the first anxiety medicine I have ever been on, and it is by far the worst experience ever. My moods are anxious, depressed, and irritable. At first, I thought I was just overwhelmed with school and work, after reading some other reviews, I realized it's the Buspar doing it to me. If I take one due to an anxiety attack, about an hour later I am crying and talking about how much I hate myself, then about 30 minutes after that stops, I get extremely irritable and everything makes me mad. I've quit taking it until my follow up appointment and I can get it changed. I will never try this again."

train wrecked November 30, 2015

For Anxiety "If I could rate a 0 I would. While I was on it for only 4 weeks I became extremely irritable and was constantly hating myself. Worst meds I've ever been on and I've tried a lot."

Anonymous November 25, 2015

For Anxiety "Started taking Buspar to cope with the increased anxiety that Welbutrin gave me. I eventually got off Welbutrin because of the awful side effects, but stayed on the Buspar. It definitely helps to relax me mentally. I feel physically relaxed too, and my anxious habits such as bouncing my leg and drumming my fingers have been reduced, plus some of the racing thoughts and constant worrying have been dulled (although not completely cured.) The only side effect so far has been slight dizziness at times and I feel slightly less coordinated at times. This hasn't been a deal breaker at all, however, and I'm sure these symptoms will go away with time. I'd recommend this for mild anxiety."

MrCage November 18, 2015

For Anxiety "Hello all! I took this medication for around two months, and it helped with my anxiety, but caused me to become apathetic. I simply couldn't be bothered to do anything! It was horrible!"

AnxietyIssues (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Anxiety "My dr added buspar twice a day while on lexapro already. Took for about a week. Every time I took it about an hour later all I wanted to do was kill myself. It would go away for a while and then once I took it again, the same feelings came back. Took it for about a week and stopped after I couldn't take the feelings anymore. Feelings stopped immediately. Would never try this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

For Anxiety "I love this med no side effects no problems at all just stopped my massive anxiety problems I was having almost weekly and I mean want to run to get out of my skin anxiety.. Panic attacks to the max"

Sargem November 9, 2015

For Anxiety "I took BuSpar for a few days for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but it cause a "tic" in my eye. My eyelid would flicker uncontrollably every once in a while. Apparently this is pretty serious, and can actually be permanent even after ending the medication, which was very scary. Luckily for me, the tic went away when I stopped taking it."

charger1994 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Anxiety "I have GAD, and after three years of taking care of my younger brother who has severe GAD as well as going through an episode of pyschosis, I was told by my pdoc that I have "caregiver's burnout". I was prescribed 20 mgs of Paxil every day and 15mg of Buspirone (Buspar) twice a day. It has been nearly a month now on these meds and I do see an improvement. I'm not sure which one is helping me more but my anxiety level has gone from an 8 or 9 every day to about a 5. I hope to see continued improvement."

JTChase (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2015

For Anxiety "After my first dose on Sunday, I had a terrible migraine. I decided to take it once a day at night until I get used to it. I took it at night instead of taking it at the beginning of my 12 hour shifts (I'm a nurse). Yesterday was my first day of taking it twice a day as prescribed. I took the second dose at 10 PM. I woke up at 2 AM this morning with extreme dizziness and a profusely bleeding nose. I thought I was dizzy because of my allergy meds and being sleepy and I explained the bloody nose as being related to allergies. I went to work again today after taking my morning dose at 6 AM. At 10 AM I once again had a bleeding nose. I checked my blood pressure, and it was in the 150s when it normal runs less than 100. Will never take again"

Smt579 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Anxiety "I have been taking Buspar and Celexa and as far as the anxiety it has helped me a lot..I was having bad heart palpitations and it's gone..no more headaches either..what I did was I started talking Celexa at night and I take Buspar 2-3 times a day. I can't say I'm completely ok because the Celexa needs to be in your system at least 6-8 weeks before you start feeling better....I'm feeling a little better. And not having Anxiety truly helps. I'm still haven't been able to go to work because of how scared I am to get an anxiety attack but I'm already starting to consider it. Believe me when I tell you I was on the verge of being committed...give it a chance not all our systems are the same. Good luck"

Intellbrat (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Anxiety "So I have read several posts and here is my response. This is my second time on Buspar and I was prescribed 7.5. I didn't like the dizzy feeling and I had trouble focusing so I cut my dose in half. Broke the pills. After very light dizziness with the 3.1 dose I am feeling good. I know the doctor prescribed one dosage but if you continue to feel sick after a few days just lower your dose and start from there. You're going to feel weird for the first few days anyways as your body adjusts. The Meds work great. In the beginning when I was getting upset I could feel the medicine trigger something to keep me calm. The more I tried to get upset or was experiencing anxiety, the more weird I felt it's been 2 weeks now.."

Busparworks (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2015

For Anxiety "I take Buspar 5mg twice a day for anxiety. After a week, I will then take Buspar 10mg twice a day. I have only been taking it 4 days now. I also take Paxil 50 mg daily and Adderall 10 mg twice daily. So far I have had no side effects from the Buspar except slight dizziness and lack of appetite. So far those are tolerable."

sanchez_squared (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I have really bad anxiety and I've pretty much tried everything. I take kaldopins for panic attacks and they work but I needed something for daily issues. This medicine really worked but omg I can't handle the side effects. Everyday I have a migraine or I'm nauseous or puking."

Anonymous September 29, 2015

For Anxiety "Take only as necessary. 2.5 mg- 5mg. only when necessary. Been taking for years when I feel nervous and have a tension headache. Works great to relax me. 30-10 mg pills can last a year for me"

Tank-jules (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2015

For Anxiety "Took this medication for a few months after being diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. It did work fairly well in decreasing my symptoms of anxiety, but the side effects were just too much to handle. The first time I took it (my doc prescribed me a low dose, I think it was 5mg if I remember right) I was knocked out in about 30 minutes and slept for 5 hours straight, not to mention this was in the middle of the day. Also caused extreme dizziness that I had a hard time functioning with. I thought the drowsiness, dizziness, and weakness that it caused might subside after taking it for awhile, but I took it for about three months and these side effects still persisted."

krs1993 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2015