User Reviews for BuSpar

6.6
Summary of BuSpar reviews 184 reviews 6.7

Reviews for BuSpar

Review by MCruz9 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: I take between 30-50 mg per day depending on how I feel. Usually 15mg or 20mg at a time. Doctors should really look at this medicine for bipolar as I am severely bipolar (with anxiety) and do not like addictive substances. Buspar is a wonder medicine for some! I'm getting my life back! I no longer rage and ruminate, and I can also sleep, and think more clearly :D most things do not work for me but this one did.

August 31, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by Jane8744:

For Anxiety: I tried this after going off Cymbalta cold turkey since I felt that Cymbalta was doing basically nothing for me and worse yet - making me clench my teeth so badly I was getting regular migraines from the TMJ I was getting! Wish the heck I had known Cymbalta had the "less common" side effect of clenching and I could have saved myself a ton I agony, massage therapy, CHIRO visits and muscle relaxers! Anyway as for Buspirone - took between 10 mg and 15 mg 2x day for nearly a whole month and it did virtually nothing for my anxiety! This was especially bad because Cymbalta's withdrawal is horrible and I was experiencing extreme irritability, anger etc. I asked for Prozac 10 mg yesterday and feel 85% better already!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2014 4:29 PM

Review by Rc9999 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I have generalized anxiety, few panic attacks ever, mostly just obsessive irrational thoughts and constant fears which aren't normal. This definitely helps me calm down and keeps my brain quiet when it normally never stops. For about 2 weeks I would get spouts of dizziness, along with a feeling of restlessness and an inability to focus (felt very much like ADD) but it has been going away! This medicine helps for general anxiety, but I don't think it would do much for panic. I take 5mg 3x a day.

July 27, 2014 2:32 AM

Review by Anxiety Gal (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: I am 23 years old and suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. I did not want to be on an addictive med, and was very adamant about that with my doctor. I was prescribed Buspar and have been taking it for a year now (10mg 3 times a day) and it seems to work quite well. It calms me down and makes me think more rationally rather than experiencing constant worry and fear. I feel more free and open to life. Side effects I've experienced include dizziness, hot flashes and extreme hunger for about an hour after taking it. Taking it with food in your stomach is a must as it decreases the side effects for me. One complaint though, is short term memory problems and "cloudy" mind effect, but I will take that any day over my anxiety!

July 15, 2014 11:05 AM

Review by Phil BF:

For Anxiety: This medicine started to wear off I think due to too many negatives over 1 month time and I was upped on my dosage from 20mg x2 daily to 40mg x2 daily 8 days ago for thoughts not right and anxiety plus depression. Everything is starting to lift finally and feeling great and happy. It was really tough 8 days so far with very LOW LOWS and I'm BEYOND happy with it. LIFE SAVER INDEED.

July 5, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by Rina123:

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: I've been taking 15mg of BuSpar for 1 month now. It started working around week 3. I can gratetfully say that it is working for the sexual side effects. This medication is a life saver!

July 1, 2014 2:51 PM

Review by Jude29:

For Anxiety: I have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder for longer than I care to remember. Went through too many anti-depressants that all failed. I was told the Buspar was an "oldie but goodie." I was reluctant to even try another pill and was of the notion that drinking wine was going to be my alternate choice, (which I didn't care to start). Buspar has been my answer. It's brought calm into my life. I recommend this "magic pill."

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by Sydneyfantastic:

For Anxiety: I suffer from severe panic attacks. This medicine left me on the couch for a week because I felt so dizzy. My vision is also "snowy" from this medication and still has not went away 2 years later.

June 20, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by mimi86:

For Anxiety: I just started taking buspar and at first I was scared because I hate bad side effects and don't like to take pills at all so I finally took my pill 10mg I felt good at first then came the side effects lightheaded sweating and dizziness but after 20 to 30 mins later it was over. I felt fine went out to socialize and I couldn't believe it, didn't have a panic attack or anxiety attack they work for me.

June 9, 2014 7:22 PM

Review by Pinkiechet:

For Anxiety: I've had generalized anxiety disorder since before they knew what it was. I have been in all SSRIs, the side effects have kept me from being on them long enough to see if they worked, then Ativan through clonazepam, still anxiety ridden, as a last chance medicine, my Dr gave me Buspar, at this point I was beyond jaded and thought "oh great another pill that won't work", but it did, at 30mgs split to 10mgs 3 times daily. I felt the cloud of anxiety lift after the first pill. I stopped catastrophisizing everything and got my life back. It is an older medicine, no longer a 'go to' medicine, but should be, the others made me zombie like etc. I had the dizzies for a week, pushed through, they stopped. I am now so incredibly happy and anxiety free.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 5:12 AM

Review by chronic GAD (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I take Lexapro 20mg once daily and 5mg (for now) three times daily. The first week I didn't notice much at all.. But now that I've been taking it for over a week I am starting to notice it's effects. Most notably when I let it dissolve under my tongue. This medication has no notable side effects. Only downside is its mildly underpowered. To me, Lexapro is the work horse, and Buspar is a helper.

May 20, 2014 3:31 AM

Review by rewjew:

For Anxiety: This medication caused me severe, episodic dizziness.

May 17, 2014 1:56 AM

Review by InsertNameHere:

For Panic Disorder: I have only been taking BuSpar for about a month but I have seen a rapid turn around in my anxiety. I am not cured, I still get panicked from time to time, but I am now able to deal my worries without getting lost in them. I used to go about life in a sort of depersonalized haze, but the medication has worked in bringing me back to reality. As for side effects, I think it is safe to say that I got them all in the first couple weeks. Nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, slight depression, etc... However, it was nothing that was too bad. As I continued to take it, the side effects decreased. Furthermore, the benefits that I have obtained from it far outweighed any complaints that I might have had. I would suggest trying it for anxiety.

May 15, 2014 8:28 AM

Review by calabsv:

For Anxiety: About 3 months ago out of no where I had a severe panic attack and was rushed to hospital thinking it was a heart attack which it was not but the next day I woke up with severe anxiety, it was horrible. I tried natural remedies but nothing worked and was afraid of SSRIs because of the side effects, after some research I asked to try Buspar, it took over 2 months and playing with the dosage, I take 10 mg morning, 7.5mg afternoon and night time. I finally feel like the constant dialogue in my head is settled down to a point where I can function, hoping it just gets better from here on in. I have had no side effects at all, it may take a while for this medicine to work but stick with it. I think it's worth it.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2014 7:38 PM

Review by Cyndie1:

For Panic Disorder: I first had a panic attack last June & went to the hospital. They gave me Ativan 1mg. I took that for about 1 month and felt sort of out of it, so I decided to only take half and see how that worked. It did work, but I still felt like a zombie. I went back to the doctor & was prescribed BuSpar 5mg twice a day. I took that for three months, but was still having issues waiting in lines, being in public places & sometimes driving. I found I still needed to take the Ativan when I started to panic. Long and short the 5 mg 2xday would take away about 60% of my anxiety and I would force myself out of my head, so to speak. Recently I went back to the doctor & she upped my dose to 7.5 mg twice a day. I feel great! This is giving me my life back, NO more Ativan.

April 19, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by sleepyseattle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I was told that it may take a while to build in the system to work. I took it for over 2 months. As far as treating anxiety it didn't work.

March 29, 2014 3:25 AM

Review by Jenn beau:

For Panic Disorder: I think it works for me

March 19, 2014 9:52 PM

Review by Punkcowboy:

For Anxiety: This panic attacks all hit me in August, it was December before they figured out it was anxiety because I had other medical stuff, wrong sickness. They started me out on Zoloft I was allergic then some other meds that had bad side effects finally my doctors try me out on Buspar. Finally after weeks getting the right dosage I have been awesome and healthy for over a month. This pill has given my life back, I was so bad I couldn't go in stores. Now I go every day and shop. This pill is awesome, it takes over a month to get build up or did for me. It was worth the wait, I feel so good I stopped it for 4 days I had panic attack then went back on and I plan on taking this.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 1:39 AM

Review by Jimmij48:

For Anxiety: I've only been taking Buspar for 3 weeks and my anxiety is gone but I'm still depressed and irritable.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by Smokey01 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Buspar changed my life, no kidding. I have been on Prozac so long, but once Buspar was added my personality came to life. Not that I don't sometimes worry, but it is sooo much better to manage with the Buspar. I am not any kind of spokesperson. I have a friend who it didn't work for, but for me, it has changed my life.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2014 10:34 PM

Review by Anti-Anxiety:

For Anxiety: I don't like SSRIs. The fact that Buspar can deal with serotonin receptors without causing the loss of libido, weight gain, and tiredness makes it perfect to treat generalized anxiety. Plus it's non-addictive like many benzodiazepine for panic attacks. I wish they made it in extended release form, though my doctor said it's okay to just take my full dose in the morning - and that seems to be working fine for me. It's the only medication that focuses mainly on the brain's serotonin levels that I like.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2014 6:13 AM

Review by Corey064875:

For Anxiety: Did experience slight positive changes, but came at a cost of constant dizziness and fainting

January 9, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by sag34mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: CHANGED me life for the BETTER! Took a little while to kick in. Better to be on this then a habit-forming or dependent medicine..you have to want to change and then this medicine will work. Life-saver! 10mg once a day for 6 months now.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2013 4:31 PM

Review by Lina~Hyatt:

For Anxiety: This medicine has worked wonders for me... took a month to work but well worth the wait.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2013 12:22 AM

Review by boomboom77:

For Anxiety: I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder, I have since I was a teenager. In the past, I took Xanax as needed but it sometimes made me depressed and I worried about developing a tolerance or addiction. After less than a month on Buspar, I have already seen a major improvement. I ruminate less, my body is less tense, I am considerably less fearful (which is saying a lot because I was becoming fearful of leaving the house), I am able to tolerate stressors in a rational way, I am no longer depressed. What remains of my anxiety is manageable and it no longer interferes with my life. I began on 10mg and after a couple weeks bumped up to 15mg. I experienced insomnia the first couple days but that went away. Take with food for nausea.

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 9:14 PM