User Reviews for BuSpar

Panic Disorder 25 reviews 19 medications

6.5
Summary of BuSpar reviews 217 reviews 6.8

Reviews for BuSpar

For Anxiety "I was taking Buspar along with Proactive and Xanax for 5 years...I felt great, so I stopped the Buspar. Within the last 2 months I have had to completely detox off Xanax, and it was a nightmare, I hope to never feel that way again...long story short, I'm back on my Buspar along side my Prozac and I can't remember feeling this good...The fog has lifted! !! My anxiety is all but nothing....I have never had side effects from Buspar either, and I take 15mgs twice a day. For those of you that have an anxiety disorder, this medication is definitely worth trying because you can cope so much better without all the hazy side effects from benzos. BEST OF LUCK!"

Medangel1965 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 23, 2015

For Anxiety "Buspar has changed my life! I absolutely love this medication. I suffer from phobias and health anxiety and this medication has worked wonders for me. As a nurse, I didn't want anything addictive and this was my miracle. I tried Ativan and it didn't even touch my anxiety. I have had no side effects with the Buspar and it has helped me to relax and feel like myself again! I highly recommend it!"

artlpn (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Buspar a few months ago after consistent failures with various benzos. I took 10mg x day for a while and felt nothing, went up to 20mg x day and kind of felt something, and basically I am now on 40mg x day and I can finally feel it working. It has helped significantly with my anxiety and has relieved the sexual side effects from Prozac. I take my second dose of the day at night with my Trazodone, and it has completely eradicated my fluctuating tolerancy issues with the Trazodone. I never got the brain zaps, but I occasionally get long-lasting headaches, bouts of anger, and fairly awful nightmares. Other than that, it has helped with my GAD quite a bit and is generally more helpful than not."

orangetoday2313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2015

For Anxiety "Been on Buspar for 6 weeks and I'm not feeling any better. My anxiety is mild compared to most but the irritability and sometimes nervous feeling is why I elected to try Buspar. So far at 6 weeks I haven't felt any benefits. The dizziness has been hard to deal with although I found some relief with 25 - 50 mg. Dramamine."

Pushing Forward (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Anxiety "My son is in high school and has taken this for 7 months. It changed his life. His anxiety over school was out of control to the point he had to be inter graded back into school. He tried Ativan and had horrible side effects and he was reluctant to try anything else after that. After about 3 months on the Buspar he walks tall into school. No more looking over his shoulder or panic attacks out to f nowhere. We wish he would've taken this years ago. The only side effect he complains of is tiredness and occasional headache. The tiredness was more so in the beginning. Those side effects are minuscule compared to his anxiety before taking Buspar."

Mountain mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2015

For Anxiety "No help with anxiety"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2015

For Anxiety "I was only on this for a few days until I got a tick inm y left eye and my doctor said I had to discontinue. Research indicates that in rare cases these facial ticks could be permanent which is scary. I also experienced "brain shocks/zaps"."

Outdoors123986 May 4, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was on a high dosage of Lexapro and it was working extremely well. However, the side effects were terrible. I added BuSpar gradually then decreased the Lexapro to 10 mg and feel as good as I did on the high dosage of Lexapro. I am currently taking 10mg Lexapro and 15mg BuSpar 2x daily. I will warn you that if you miss a dose or two of the BuSpar, the next time you take it will make you feel really weird for a few hours. Also, when you first start taking it, you will feel weird for about a week. Push through it, it is a great add on to Lexapro."

Great add on to SSRI (could cut dosage way down) 1st week is weird though April 28, 2015

For Anxiety "First off. Side effects.... Brain zaps. Pounding heart, foggy feeling. First 3 weeks I felt the need for a lot less Ativan. The worry stopped and blood pressure came down . I'm on 5mg per day. Around week 5 I started to notice my blood pressure going back up. Acid reflux and a little nausea. Pounding heart back. I don't want to give up on buspar because I was so happy to lose the everyday worry. On week 7 now. Still at 5mg. Thinking about doing 5mg twice a day. There is no magic pill, but this was close."

Shay2015 April 18, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was on a few meds that didn't help much. But when I started taking Buspar, I noticed I felt more at ease and I am now able to do a lot more than I was able to do before. I suffer from severe panic attacks and was at the point of giving up. I lost friends and confused family members because they could not relate to my bouts of panic. Fear from panic limited me to do the most simple things like shop, travel or even drive in cars with friends. I couldn't enjoy a meal at a restaurant without looking for an exit. I couldn't go to crowded places without wanting to run. But now after a 6 weeks on this medication. I'm able to concentrate and enjoy life so much better. I'm nowhere near 100% but this medication is saving me little by little."

sivadycart April 5, 2015

For Anxiety "In a nutshell, even though I did not want this drug to work because I hate taking medicine, it really does help me! I refuse to take benzos. My therapist talked me into trying buspar. It made me really tired at first. But honestly, now that I look back, I think it did that because it seemed to slow my racing mind down. So naturally, once I relaxed a bit more, my body finally could rest. My anxiety is not gone. But when I am in a place where I feel safe, I am able to relax and my mind isn't so noisy. It is a strange, new feeling."

Anxiousdaily (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

For Anxiety "I suffer from sever depression, severe anxiety, sever pain due to several other medical conditions and life itself. Been taking this for about 3 months and things are a lot less stressful. I can handle light social situations again. Im actually able to sleep all night again. This combined with my fleet of other meds I'm able to function a lot more. Ive been on the usual xanax and what not, those were fun but long term didn't work for me (i grew up yay) Need more meds like this on the market."

Darth Sponge (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been on this medicine for about 7 months. I started at 5 mg and I felt great! But around the 4 months I got worse and ended up increasing my dose to 30 mg and now I feel even more better then before! The only side effect I experienced was a slight brain zaps but they go away after a week or two. This medicine has helped me so much I recommend this medcine!"

Gri20 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am 44 years old and have suffered from general and social anxiety as long as can remember and have used many drugs through the years. I am currently on remeron, wellbutrin and buspar. I take 10mg of buspar 3 times a day and it has a subtle calming effect on the mind and body. If you are looking for a drug that will let you forget you have anxiety, buspar is not for you. If you are looking for a drug that is non habit forming, that has a low side effect profile, has no withdrawal issues and will help you manage your anxiety than buspar is you you. Good luck."

Dcubed March 14, 2015

For Anxiety "So far it hasn't helped much with the anxiety... it's actually made it worse. My hands tremble and I feel like I'm walking on the deck of a moving ship. Making an appointment with my doctor to discontinue and find a new med, as this one is freaking me out."

kikidee (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was on Buspirone with my Paxil. It worked well with the Paxil. However, it did not work at all by itself. I had to quit taking Paxil, due to an interaction with my seizure medicine. The Buspirone made me have anxiety, and everytime I took it, I felt like my brain was getting shocked with electricity."

Jamrom324 March 7, 2015

For Anxiety "I've only been taking Buspar for a few days, and I haven't noticed any anxiety. But the side effects make me sick as, but are temporarily, and I think mine are magnified because I'm on so many medications. So far it works and is also used for sex dysfunction, which has helped my sex life with my partner. To each their own. Definitely do not drive on this medication."

MissADH (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

For Anxiety "PTSD. Seemed to help some. Have bit of dizzy loopy for about 15 to 30 minutes after taking then ok. Was taking other meds and got sick and barfed often. Quit taking and nausea stopped. After a couple of months feeling quite anxious so started up Buspar again and anxiety seems to be very much calmed down. I plan to space meds out throughout day and find a schedule where my tummy doesn't feel so nauseated."

Anon_234987 March 3, 2015

For Anxiety "I started on Effexor, that medicine made me sick, and nauseated. My Dr decided to put me on Buspar instead. This medicine made my anxiety so much better! And the side effects are very minimal, I only get a little light headed for a short time, but that's so much better than being sick to my stomach. This stuff has really helped me get through a rough time."

Whitneigh February 15, 2015

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My panic disorder started very gradually. At first it was a slight panic that lasted for a min or two when I was driving, then it slowly intruded into my life. At some worst points I was unable to sleep for a week. I might be able to doze off for an hour or two, and then I'd wake up with a racing heart. Buspar helped at first, I was only on 5mg for five months, never went up in dose. After about 5 months, stressful events like job interviews pretty much made this med ineffective for me. I really liked this med as it had no side effects for me. No dizziness or nausea or "brain zaps". My doctor put me on Paxil instead. Just started it, but it seems to be working. My pulse is still about 20 beats above my normal rate, but it doesn't bother me."

MickeyMighty February 13, 2015

For Anxiety "Besides getting dizzy haven't noticed any effect."

Btothenyc January 31, 2015

For Anxiety "Been on BuSpar over a month and it does not help me at all, actually makes my anxiety worse and I have been much more irritable. Can't wait to try something else. I have also gained 5 pounds in the short time I have been on it. That adds to my anxiety. "

Beckylg January 23, 2015

For Anxiety "The best medication I've taken thus far for anxiety. I'm on 60 mg/day split into two doses of 30. Non addicting, no sexual side effects, in fact this is amazingly free of any side effects that I have experienced. I have been on Klonopin in the past and overall I have to say that this has been the best for my anxiety and social phobia. The medical community is all too quick to disregard this medicine as ineffective. Its a safe medicine. You're not losing anything by at least giving it a trial. Its the only med that's worked well for me after trying countless SSRIs, and a few psych meds of other classes. Good luck."

Checkerberry (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2015

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been on this medication for 3 years now - I think I need to up the dose because it is not working that well however it saved my butt a few years ago when something traumatic happened. My dr told me take it and give it 6 weeks and then all the panic and anxiety stopped- it's everything from hypochondriac to 24 hour a day worry about job, health, kids and everything else- I do think it is a lifesaver - I went from 5mg 3x a day to 2 5mg 2x a day - maybe I should go back."

Just call me A January 5, 2015

For Anxiety "I've been taking 15 mg 2x/day with good results. My social anxiety has improved and I am sleeping much better. I have been taking Ambien almost every night for the past 4 years and now down to less than 1x/week. That to me has made it worth it."

glassygirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next