Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Buspirone

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 5 reviews 21 medications

6.8
Summary of Buspirone reviews 300 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I've been suffering from a great deal of anxiety for the last year or so. The only thing that would help were benzodiazepines and they felt only as if they were covering up the underlying problem. It got so bad that I would have a nightly panic attack. I tried a number of SSRIs but the side effects made them unbearable after the second day and the panic attacks did not stop. Buspirone has allowed me to relax and sleep at night with no noticeable side effects. I'm glad I finally found something that works.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2012 11:30 AM

Review by splatmanski (taken for 1 to 6 months):

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I tried Buspar for three months and it did not work at all for my anxiety.

May 24, 2012 10:53 PM

BuSpar (buspirone) for : Buspar is great in managing anxiety attacks as well as some panic disorders but I can't tolerate it because each time I experience dizziness and motion sickness after..so I will have to stop it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2012 11:40 AM

Review by Justame (taken for less than 1 month):

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: After trying SSRIs and other medicines, I have finally found Buspar and it has changed my life in less than two weeks! I have had mild to moderate anxiety for a few years and now that I'm taking Buspar (I only need 15 mg/day in divided doses). I feel normal again and my mood is more positive and I laugh/am happy more even in this tough economic time! No major side effects. The first couple of days it made me a little tired and that's it. Really started noticing changes about 8-9 days I could feel a huge difference and the anxiety is GONE! This is a safe medicine to take (non habit forming) and I would recommend it to anyone. It has change my life, thank you Buspar.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2012 11:06 PM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I have been taking Buspar 10mg 3 times a day for the past 3 months for anxiety and panic attacks. I think for the most part my panic attacks have subsided but still experience a bit of anxiety and increased blood pressure. I do take Xanax 0.25mg from time to time if my anxiety gets too bad or too stressed. I do notice I feel slightly lethargic and run down most of the time while I have been on this. Also after each dose I get some dizziness about 45 minutes afterwards which lasts for about 45 minutes or an hour. I used to have a spark to me before taking it, but I guess I'll take the good with the bad for the time being.

May 3, 2012 7:35 PM

For Anxiety: My mind would race like there was no tomorrow. I felt so out of whack that I was in tears almost everyday frustrated with my anxiety/panic attacks, which started about 2 and 1/2 years ago. I am 23 years old and felt my wheels were just turning and turning, stuck in the mud I couldn't shake it and move forward with my life. I feel I was ruining myself and my relationships around me until I was prescribed Buspirone. The crawling in my skin feeling subsided and I am comfortable for the fist time in a long time with my life. I was prescribed a week ago and almost instantly I felt like myself (not a worrying mess). I am able to focus better and live my life again. I still get that feeling of anxiousness but feel things can only get better from here.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2012 2:36 PM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I found this medicine helped a lot with my anxiety in many ways but did not help my desire for sex that I suffer from by the other medications I am on for depression. But like in any medication you have to chose what is most important to you and my anxiety was out of control prior to taking Buspar.

April 20, 2012 12:39 AM

Review by NameHere92:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: After being on Zoloft for a while and trying hydroxyzine, which both did nothing for my anxiety, Buspar has also had no effect whatsoever after almost a month. Still taking 100mg Zoloft but might stop taking the Buspar. I see no reason for putting another useless chemical in my body.

April 14, 2012 9:17 PM

Review by PanicGirl:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: I have had panic attacks for my whole life and tried every med possible. My doctor put me on Buspar to help with it. I took ONE pill in the morning and was supposed to take another at night. Throughout the day I couldn't walk, felt drunk, my eyes were burning, my pupils were twitching and my body was aching. I have a 1 year old and I couldn't take care of her that day. I had to call an on call doctor 4 times that night, call my psychologist, and I was told to skip my night time dose. I took my morning one when I woke up barely able to be coherent and went to my therapy appointment. He sent me straight to my doctor and they took me off it immediately.

March 19, 2012 8:44 PM

Review by Danny in Green Bay:

For Anxiety: I got put on Buspirone to treat my Social Anxiety Disorder which included several panic attacks in embarrassing social situations and must say that it has generally helped out with my problem. I am on 10mgs three times a day, and despite the side effects which include dizziness and intense light-hededness, I must say the only problem I have with this medicine is the potential to over use it. I find myself needing to take more than I'm supposed to daily, perhaps need to talk to my doctor about a dosage increase. Overall though very helpful.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2012 1:37 AM

Review by CandyBear06:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I have only been on BuSpar a few days. I can tell a difference in the anxiety and general anxious feeling. I had been thinking that it might not be helping as much as it needs to be, but after reading everyones comments I think I will stick with it. Maybe I need a higher dose than what I am taking now. Thank you for making me see that this medicine is worth sticking with it.

March 17, 2012 6:57 AM

For Anxiety: This is the first medication that was both affordable and worked well for my anxiety. There was an adjustment period where I felt kind of tingly almost like being sedated right after taking it for an hour or so. That decreased and went away completely in about a month. The only other side effect I have noticed is that my memory and concentration aren't as sharp as they were without the medication. It is not bad enough to affect my daily life. The most important thing I can tell you about this medication is that I finally feel at peace in situations that used to make me so anxious that I had to avoid them. I feel like I just got my life back.

February 17, 2012 7:02 PM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I have been taking Buspar for about 6 yrs for anxiety and panic disorder. I started out 10 mg morning and night. When my anxiety got better, I just took it at night. 3 weeks ago I had another panic attack and have been sick with anxiety ever since. Dr. told me to start taking it twice a day again, which I did and already better. I don't tolerate antidepressants at all....so this medicine is a miracle for me.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2012 5:54 PM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: So far this med has been fantastic. I've been dealing with social as well as general anxiety. The first day taking it I felt markedly better. If this medication keeps up like this, I may actually be able to a normal life.

February 15, 2012 1:36 AM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I tried it for anxiety and aggresive behavior. With in a few minutes of taking the first dosage I became catonic. Tried again two more times and each time the same thing; Dr. changed my medication after that and said that happens in a very few patients on Buspar.

February 13, 2012 1:41 PM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I have been taking Buspar for almost a year now, 15mg, 3Xdaily. I think my anxiety is a bit more severe, but this medicine has worked wonders for the majority of last year for me- I had only a few times where I would have to take 1/2 of a 0.25mg Xanax for breakthrough panic attacks. Lately, though, I've had a number of additional stressors added to my life and noticed a great deal of additional panic attacks, causing my doctor to request that I add an SSRI to my current Buspar intake. I haven't started the SSRI yet, and surprisingly today, since I kind of made a mental decision that I have absolutely NO control over the things in my life that are stressing me out,and had a good cry yesterday, my anxiety level seems back down to normal.

February 6, 2012 9:05 AM

Review by diamondlegacy:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: I know it may sound a little over the top, because I have only taken Buspar for 2 days and I am already seeing the benefits. I am not a big medicine advocate because I just don't like the side effects of most like Seroquel (ugh) which gave me chills. I have had BIPOLAR, POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER, PANIC AND ANXIETY DISORDER since I was very young. I have tried so many medicines and none have gave me benefits like this one. I take 7.5 twice a day and I can go on with my daily functions on the normal level now. at first it made me a little reluctant due to the fact that I panic. It gave me a small euphoric moment but I was able to concentrate on my home work assignment which I could not do at before.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2012 12:30 AM

Review by arickp:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I have generalized anxiety disorder. For me, BuSpar does its job: it decreases those fears and worries that plague your life. However, it takes a while for the medication to get into your system. I would not recommend this medication to anyone who is struggling with short-term stress (divorce, legal problems, etc.). If you're prone to panic attacks, don't expect to just take one of these and expect to feel okay. The memory loss from this medication is frustrating.

January 31, 2012 11:28 AM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: Buspar made my head cloudy. I would feel dizzy, had chest pains, and felt like my heart was fluttering. All anxiety was gone, but so were my emotions after only a day and a half. My wife said it was like I was stoned. I am now on Celexa and will see how that works.

January 30, 2012 9:31 PM

Review by Bobbojunk:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: Amazing. I thought my life was over. I dealt with anxiety since childhood. At times it was worse than others but in the past 9 months it has become so severe that it manifested into unbearable physical symptoms. I was experiencing a cycle of extreme hot flashes that would drench me in sweat, the hot sweat turned to cold dampness quickly turning to violent chills. Uncontrollable heaving made me vomit a dozen times a day. I would wake every day in a full blown anxiety attack. I wasn't able to eat or even quit shivering. I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks, was so emaciated, dehydrated I really felt like I was dying. In 3 days Buspar made me feel NORMAL. Not zombied or depressed like other medicines. Buspar saved my life, or at least gave me the ability to live.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2012 1:43 AM

Review by Rocky Cloud:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: Taking this medicine I began to feel despair on and off and suddenly, after 30 days, it hit me very very hard with heavy despair thoughts. I had to hold my head for an hour or two waiting for the Buspar to dissolve completely. I had to stop taking it. It's sad because I needed this medicine.

January 18, 2012 10:54 AM

Review by jessiesgurl:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: It helps me from pulling my hair out but I still have anxiety.

January 15, 2012 11:52 PM

Review by CrocDoc:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I have been on a moderate dose of Effexor XR (150mg) for about two years and anxiety started to creep in lately. My doctor put me on 5mg of Buspar 3x a day about a month ago. So far it seems to have taken the sharp "edge" off of the anxiety, but it isn't the miracle I was hoping for. He just raised my dose to 15mg 2x a day, so I'll report back in a month or so to see if the dosage increase helps.

January 15, 2012 1:27 AM

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: Between the anxiety and fear of a full-blown panic attack, (they occur about 3xs per year) I was unable to work, maintain relationships or accept new challenges. Have been taking 15mg 2xs a day since October 2011. It works with no side effects. I have my sense of humor back.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2012 5:02 PM

Review by lookatmeboy:

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: I cried for the for the first week on Buspar which for me is expected when taking a new medication. Once that week was over Buspar came to the rescue. Buspar has given me progress in my recovery and has dented that wall of fog. It has helped me purge most of my guilt and resentment and helped me notice some of my defects. I am only taking 10mg right now. And after trying a number of different anti anxiety medications I think I've found the one. All hail Buspar.

December 16, 2011 11:23 AM