User Reviews for Buspirone (Page 7)

Also known as: BuSpar, Vanspar

Learn more about Buspirone.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 7 reviews 17 medications

Anxiety 395 reviews 63 medications

6.7
Panic Disorder 47 reviews 19 medications

6.2
Summary of Buspirone reviews 449 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Buspirone

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "In a nutshell, even though I did not want this drug to work because I hate taking medicine, it really does help me! I refuse to take benzos. My therapist talked me into trying buspar. It made me really tired at first. But honestly, now that I look back, I think it did that because it seemed to slow my racing mind down. So naturally, once I relaxed a bit more, my body finally could rest. My anxiety is not gone. But when I am in a place where I feel safe, I am able to relax and my mind isn't so noisy. It is a strange, new feeling."

Anxiousdaily (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Buspirone for about six months for anxiety. I take 10 mg twice a day. It has done absolutely nothing for me. I might as well be taking a sugar pill."

amy gi March 27, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I suffer from sever depression, severe anxiety, sever pain due to several other medical conditions and life itself. Been taking this for about 3 months and things are a lot less stressful. I can handle light social situations again. Im actually able to sleep all night again. This combined with my fleet of other meds I'm able to function a lot more. Ive been on the usual xanax and what not, those were fun but long term didn't work for me (i grew up yay) Need more meds like this on the market."

Darth Sponge (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been on this medicine for about 7 months. I started at 5 mg and I felt great! But around the 4 months I got worse and ended up increasing my dose to 30 mg and now I feel even more better then before! The only side effect I experienced was a slight brain zaps but they go away after a week or two. This medicine has helped me so much I recommend this medcine!"

Gri20 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2015

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I am 44 years old and have suffered from general and social anxiety as long as can remember and have used many drugs through the years. I am currently on remeron, wellbutrin and buspar. I take 10mg of buspar 3 times a day and it has a subtle calming effect on the mind and body. If you are looking for a drug that will let you forget you have anxiety, buspar is not for you. If you are looking for a drug that is non habit forming, that has a low side effect profile, has no withdrawal issues and will help you manage your anxiety than buspar is you you. Good luck."

Dcubed March 14, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "So far it hasn't helped much with the anxiety... it's actually made it worse. My hands tremble and I feel like I'm walking on the deck of a moving ship. Making an appointment with my doctor to discontinue and find a new med, as this one is freaking me out."

kikidee (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I was on Buspirone with my Paxil. It worked well with the Paxil. However, it did not work at all by itself. I had to quit taking Paxil, due to an interaction with my seizure medicine. The Buspirone made me have anxiety, and everytime I took it, I felt like my brain was getting shocked with electricity."

Jamrom324 March 7, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've only been taking Buspar for a few days, and I haven't noticed any anxiety. But the side effects make me sick as, but are temporarily, and I think mine are magnified because I'm on so many medications. So far it works and is also used for sex dysfunction, which has helped my sex life with my partner. To each their own. Definitely do not drive on this medication."

MissADH (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "PTSD. Seemed to help some. Have bit of dizzy loopy for about 15 to 30 minutes after taking then ok. Was taking other meds and got sick and barfed often. Quit taking and nausea stopped. After a couple of months feeling quite anxious so started up Buspar again and anxiety seems to be very much calmed down. I plan to space meds out throughout day and find a schedule where my tummy doesn't feel so nauseated."

Anon_234987 March 3, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started on Effexor, that medicine made me sick, and nauseated. My Dr decided to put me on Buspar instead. This medicine made my anxiety so much better! And the side effects are very minimal, I only get a little light headed for a short time, but that's so much better than being sick to my stomach. This stuff has really helped me get through a rough time."

Whitneigh February 15, 2015

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "My panic disorder started very gradually. At first it was a slight panic that lasted for a min or two when I was driving, then it slowly intruded into my life. At some worst points I was unable to sleep for a week. I might be able to doze off for an hour or two, and then I'd wake up with a racing heart. Buspar helped at first, I was only on 5mg for five months, never went up in dose. After about 5 months, stressful events like job interviews pretty much made this med ineffective for me. I really liked this med as it had no side effects for me. No dizziness or nausea or "brain zaps". My doctor put me on Paxil instead. Just started it, but it seems to be working. My pulse is still about 20 beats above my normal rate, but it doesn't bother me."

MickeyMighty February 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "This medicine worked for the first 4 months, but then my anxiety suddenly got worse that Buspar doesn't help!"

A-non February 6, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Besides getting dizzy haven't noticed any effect."

Btothenyc January 31, 2015

For Anxiety: "This medication has been wonderful for me and my anxiety. As soon as I took it I felt better right away. When I first started I was on 10 mg 2x daily. I was having trouble sleeping and when I woke up in the morning I would have to go to my moms house as early as 5am because I would freak out at home. I would be ok all day without panic once I took my pill so my doctor told me to try it 3x a day and added Xanax. I took this medication as soon as I woke up along with a Xanax and was able to stay home and not run to my moms and the anxiety was almost non existent. Taking the medicine 3x instead of 2 made a big difference along with one Xanax in morning and one at night to help me sleep. Had No side effects."

.......... January 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been on a combination of medicines to include 45mg Buspar a day for about a year. I used to take Ambien or some other sort of sleeping aid every night as that is when my anxiety was the worse. Now I take an aid about once a week so I am happy with my results. I started out not believing at first but my doctor kept telling me to give it time and I'm glad I did. I did not see results for the first two months as I was increasing my dosage."

MaryCalmDown (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2015

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "Been on BuSpar over a month and it does not help me at all, actually makes my anxiety worse and I have been much more irritable. Can't wait to try something else. I have also gained 5 pounds in the short time I have been on it. That adds to my anxiety. "

Beckylg January 23, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "The best medication I've taken thus far for anxiety. I'm on 60 mg/day split into two doses of 30. Non addicting, no sexual side effects, in fact this is amazingly free of any side effects that I have experienced. I have been on Klonopin in the past and overall I have to say that this has been the best for my anxiety and social phobia. The medical community is all too quick to disregard this medicine as ineffective. Its a safe medicine. You're not losing anything by at least giving it a trial. Its the only med that's worked well for me after trying countless SSRIs, and a few psych meds of other classes. Good luck."

Checkerberry (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2015

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I have been on this medication for 3 years now - I think I need to up the dose because it is not working that well however it saved my butt a few years ago when something traumatic happened. My dr told me take it and give it 6 weeks and then all the panic and anxiety stopped- it's everything from hypochondriac to 24 hour a day worry about job, health, kids and everything else- I do think it is a lifesaver - I went from 5mg 3x a day to 2 5mg 2x a day - maybe I should go back."

Just call me A January 5, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been taking 15 mg 2x/day with good results. My social anxiety has improved and I am sleeping much better. I have been taking Ambien almost every night for the past 4 years and now down to less than 1x/week. That to me has made it worth it."

glassygirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2014

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This medication did not improve my depression or anxiety at all. I was on dosages from 15 to 60 mg, as an add on to Lexapro and it made no difference. I finally switched to mirtazapine and already felt a lot better the next day."

Jason5279 December 7, 2014

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I'm on week 7, I thought would wait until the effects kicked in to write a review. Regarding the side effects, mild nausea and lethargy for a short while after taking the medication, nothing to avoid taking the pill for. As for the results, very mild, but I notice a difference. I speak more clearly and confident to people and I overall am less anxious. One big thing, my constant worry about my health has subsided. I am 31 and live a healthy life bit I get a stomach ache and think I have colon cancer. These thoughts I laugh at now. I recommend taking this. Only 8 stars because it is not a cure all, only you can be."

bstyll December 4, 2014

277 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I've been taking Buspar for a month, following a period of elevating anxiety that was turning my life into a joyless state of constant worry and anxious, obsessive, unhelpful thoughts. My psychiatrist warned it would take 4-6 weeks to notice any improvement - I noticed significant improvement within *hours* of pill #1 with minor and bearable side effects. At other low periods, I was medicated for depression without benefit, and sometimes terrible side effects (Prozac: auditory hallucinations; Celexa: crazy hot flashes). Unfortunately I seem to be noticing decreasing benefit. I have been taking just 7.5 mg/day so today I doubled to the full 15mg I was prescribed. Hope it works! This medicine has given me real hope."

Racing Turtles (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I started taking Buspar about a year ago for anxiety/panic attacks. I've taken benzodiazepines in the past but having an addictive personality, I had to stop those. Buspar saved my life. I have no fear, paranoia, or low self esteem anymore. I used to feel like the world was out to get me and that I was being judged by everyone no matter where I went. I used to have the most crippling social anxiety too, I'd avoid social situations because the anxiety was so bad. Luckily Buspar erased all of that for me. Anxiety still creeps up here and then but it is absolutely nowhere close to being as bad as it was before. No side effects. I love it and will take it for a long time. At first I did get headaches but they went away a couple days later. Love it."

Stef138 November 16, 2014

249 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed benzodiazepine for my post traumatic stress disorder induced anxiety. The benzos worked great for me but after admitting myself into a rehab program for substance abuse I was told I could no longer take the benzos as there is high risk for abuse and addiction (even though this wasn't the medicine I was abusing). After a number of panic attacks I sought help from the doctor for a non-addictive alternative. They gave me Buspar 10mg 3x a day. This improved my anxiety but I still had days that were debilitating. I saw the doctor again and he upped the does to 15mg 3x a day and I have been completely anxiety free since. Make sure you have the proper dosage before claiming this doesn't work. And the side effects like dizziness are easily countered with a good meal."

Dylan M October 27, 2014

232 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

BuSpar (buspirone) for Panic Disorder: "I have a 10 year old who is autistic, is the size of a 13 year old, and has had severe panic and tantrums since he was 4 years old. He is also going through puberty early. We have tried just about every medication and he has had severe side effects, until Buspar. We started with 5mg twice a day for 2 weeks and now are 10mg twice a day. Within 36 hours we noticed a considerable change in his physical symptoms (he is non-verbal and cannot tell us what is wrong/or what hurts) The school is sending home notes saying he is learning to calm himself and self regulate better and is having more spontaneous language and learning at school. We supplement the Buspar with 3mg daily of risperdal and are hoping to phase out the RISPERDAL this year."

Addvoc84kids (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2014