Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Zyban

Learn more about Zyban.

Zyban review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Zyban to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by Huff n puff (taken for less than 1 month):

Only day 2 of Zyban. But cigarettes taste like garbage truck juice and I have high hopes that I can quit. Will update when more time passes

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 5:28 PM

Review by Serret:

Fantastic after smoking for over 20 years and 2 packages a day I took Zyban. No side effects. On the 5th day I stop...15 years ago. I follow the directions, clean my house, my clothes, my car,..took the medicine for 3 months. I picked up the day to stop smoking. I do recommend Zyban 100%.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Review by longtimesmoker (taken for less than 1 month):

Before the first week was up and before I even increased my dosage, I went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to less than 5. When I tried to avoid smoking altogether right away, I had very bad headaches and a little achy. I think it does help to taper down some so your body can adjust to the change of nicotine levels. I have tried many times and many methods to quit smoking. Zyban is by far the best.

February 28, 2015 2:25 PM

Review by globalarizona (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Quit date 3 days away, after a month on Zyban, cigarettes taste bad, and aren't satisfying at all. Have reduced by half, without even starting with the nicotine replacement lozenges and gum. Was taking Lexapro for anxiety, stopped and switched to Zyban as my anti-anxiety and smoking cessation.

December 26, 2014 7:56 PM

Review by Carl F:

Started smoking at 13, up to 2 1/2 pack a day. Wife also smoked, up to 2 packs a day. We both started Zyban at the same time. Took meds and smoked for a week, stopped the smoking, then a week later, stopped the meds. Haven't regretted doing it. Although I don't feel a whole lot better, still huff and puff at the top of the stairs, gained about 25 pounds, but I know we are both better for having quit. Recommend to anyone who really wants to quit.

December 9, 2014 5:32 PM

Review by JeffFlag (taken for less than 1 month):

Tried quitting cold turkey and was so grumpy had to decide between quitting or my marriage, chose marriage. Tried Zyban, quit after 10 days, been a month and have not had any sign of grumpiness, withdrawl or anxiety. I call them my magic pills

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by KLINGLER:

Nice

October 27, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Winfield blue 25s (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm 21 years old and I used to smoke 25 a day for 3 years. When I first started taking Zyban I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or keep smoking but I thought why not try! For the first 8-10 days my morning dose made very nauseous and feel like I was either going to vomit or faint but I never did. since I set my quit date with zyban I have never touched a cigarette since and it has been 6 months now. the only caution I would like to share is that it only takes away the cravings ! You still have to say no too having a cigarette.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2014 5:33 AM

Review by Slee76 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been taking bupropion for just over a month as per my doctor. She told me that it was important that my moods stabilize before I have a quit date. On my quit date 4 days ago I continued taking it and using a daily Nicoderm patch with a Nicoderm inhaler for break throughs. I am 4 days smoke free, something I have not been able to say in the 23 years since I first started smoking. I never lasted a day without smokes no matter how intense the plan. This combination is amazing and I have never felt better.

August 15, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by ChuckString (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Quit using Zyban over 29 years ago. Quitting with Zyban was the easiest thing to do. Tried to quit by ALL of the other methods without success. All I did was follow the directions faithfully and changed my routing for the first morning only. I never looked back or had those ghost cravings. I found I was able to have the occasional cigar without issue. TOTALLY recommend this method... Weaned myself off Zyban by just forgetting to take the meds more frequently as time went on.

August 1, 2014 5:31 PM

Review by debsza (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been taking it for 1 week...I get headaches and agitation, abit dizzy. I was debating wheather to stop taking it...but I will try a few more days. Will this go away as I continue!!

July 12, 2014 10:03 PM

Review by TeeLee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I smoked from age 15 to 50, up to 3 packs a day. I quit many times and suffered greatly. Plan 2: Decrease number of cigarettes a day, then quit. I decreased to 10-12 a day for about 10 months. Started Zyban and quit 7 days later. Went to Las Vegas of all places and all the smoking didn't tempt me. I am now 66 and haven't had a smoke since.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2014 2:25 PM

Review by vikvik (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyban is amazing! Istarted taking Zyban 18 days ago, though it took me longer than what it said it take to quit, I finally quit 4 days ago, and I feel great. I tried Champix and had a bad reaction to it, the patches the same. I also have quit cold turkey. But with Zyban, there is no urge, or cravings. The only time I think about having a cigarette is when I have idle time, but I have found ways to keep myself buusy doing other things. Thanks to Zyban- it's a great medication that really works!

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2013 1:23 AM

Review by Yelena Tret (taken for less than 1 month):

After 25 years of heavy smoking I quit in five days! (Though I enjoyed smoking so much!) This happened 13 years ago. Since then - no cravings. My husband followed my example: the same result seven days later.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2013 10:45 AM

Review by Tootin Moose (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zyban did it for me. Tried Chantix for a year and patches, too.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2013 11:01 PM

Review by JoZep:

I've been smoke free for one and a half months and I largely credit Zyban for this. I am 40 years old, 15 a day smoker for 25 years. I have tried to stop smoking a few times over the past decade, but I end up very agitated and depressed, so resorted to cigarettes again, previously I have tried patches, lozenges as well as Champix which worked for the duration I was on it, but gave me terrible nausea. This time has been quite easy, I credit Zyban for this. The first few days of taking Zyban were pretty tough mentally the first week; I felt spaced out, trippy, and also suffered a bit of insomnia, slightly blurred vision when reading, and teeth grinding. However, these all dissipated, the only effect I have now is minor dry mouth.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2013 7:51 AM

Review by Argonath:

The Great British health service paid for my 12 week course. I smoked 30 a day and tried a number of various methods to quit; nicotine patches, cold turkey, acupuncture, Chinese medicine and even hypnosis, all with varying degrees of success yet none with any long term success. After the first couple of days taking Zyban, I realized I was reaching out less and less for a cigarette and when I did, I light up, I could not experience that nicotine 'hit'. I was 'cured' after 9 weeks but continued with the full 12 weeks course. Side effects....I gained a few pounds in weight. My quit date was 22nd February 2002.

April 13, 2012 3:58 PM

Zyban is a very strange feeling. I have been on it for three days and my urges are way down. I still fight triggers like coffee and post eating but even when I tried to smoke it tasted very strange and made me feel a little dizzy. Well see how the next couple of weeks go but I'm excited to quit! Only drawback is it is really hard to fall asleep.

April 6, 2012 2:18 AM

Within the first 24 hours of taking Zyban my mood dropped. I persevered with it and by day 11 I had thoughts of self harm. My GP stopped my treatment and put it down as an adverse reaction.

March 5, 2012 6:59 PM

Review by Cancer stick:

A heavy smoker from early years. Stopped twice five years at a time but still capitulated to it. Took Zyban - didn't complete the course, as didn't need to! Haven't smoked for twelve years -thanks Zyban. I smoked forty a day, and my wife twenty! At today's prices that relates to around $18000 annually out of one's tax paid income - ?? You bet. The down side? Believe me it's all thanks to Zyban.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2012 1:42 AM

Smoked for 40+ years. Tried all the patches, vitamin B shots, hypnosis all of which did not work. Took Zyban as soon as it was available by prescription and both my wife and myself quite smoking in less than a week. Final smoke was on September 1998.

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2012 8:27 PM

Review by KJ Alaska:

I was a two pack a day smoker for over 10 years. I took Zyban and put on the patch. I was done smoking with no withdrawal symptoms in a month. To this day no cigarettes since '97.

January 4, 2012 2:17 AM

I'm a former smoker of 16 years and have been not smoking because of Zyban for one week so far and haven't looked back. The medicine definitely helps the vicious cravings, however it still takes will power and you have to truly want to quit. Side effects are minimal. Make sure your second dose of the day is not at night time as it will keep you up for most of the night. Other then slight jitters (like a caffeine rush), I'm not experiencing anything major. The caffeine rush feeling has cut down on my coffee intake, so another plus! Coffee is a trigger for me to want to smoke, so more power to Zyban!

December 11, 2011 5:42 PM

Review by fivenights:

I am 58 and smoked since I was 14. In the last 10 years smoked between 20-25 per day - roll me owns. I have tried Patches - Gum - hypnosis - I was very scared about giving up - then the Doctor gave me Zyban. I did a lot of reading on the Web and there is more scary stuff than good stuff - found this support group with so much positive things to say - I did it - it has been 5 days since my last smoke and it has been mentally wonderful. Still get the physical feeling - but they are getting better. I love this medicine.

November 26, 2011 1:46 PM

Review by Dee_clo:

I was given Zyban to stop smoking. After three days I realized I had not smoked or wanted to in two days. It was that fast. I had no side effects that I remember and stopped taking them after two weeks. It's been close to 10 years now and I have absolutely no craving or desire to smoke. At the time I began Zyban I had smoked over a pack a day for about 14 yrs.

July 8, 2011 5:17 AM