User Reviews for Zyban

Learn more about Zyban.

Zyban Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Zyban to treat Smoking Cessation

"December 1999. Boxing Day. Already signed up for zyban course with group meetings for 1/1/2000. Started course and never smoked since....or wished to. Truly amazing and immediate. Didn't even have to complete course, it was that good. Always smoked socially from 18 to 44. A true life saver with no side effects. You must attend class /discussions..it's a mental commitment that's essential to success and really works. Don't hear too much about it these days but go for it!"

Steve/UK February 3, 2016

"Day 1 a bit of feeling "doped up." Day 2 OK; nothing significant. Day 3 the nausea started. Ciggies tasted horrible but even worse than that, just the thought of food and I all but headed to the john to throw up. This was the three day one pill a day phase. Side effects of Chantix (including nausea) were not as severe as this. I'm still waiting to see if after 24 hours that last dose will finally wear off. Cold turkey, bad as it can be, is way better."

XSmokerColdTurkey January 16, 2016

"I used Zyban to quit smoking in 1999. To me, it was a miracle drug. I had smoked 1-1.5 packs/day for 33 years! What it does is change your brain chemistry to like you never smoked; consequently, you don't have any inclination to even want a cigarette! I have never smoked since nor had any desire to. If I had kept smoking, I probably wouldn't be alive to have my 72nd birthday next October (2015)."

IvyJo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2015

"In my first week of zyban Need to give up as I smoke a pack a day Feeling nauseous, last night had a severe headache and woke up thinking I could levitate and fly after having the weirdest out there dream - it really felt believable. Anyway going to continue and pray it works, will report back at a later date."

Flowergirl45 October 11, 2015

"I was prescribed Zyban by my physician to aid in quitting smoking. I was super excited to get it because I would finally get the help I needed to kick the habit for good. I read some awesome reviews and was confident this would be it. I was instructed to take one a day for the first few days and then begin taking one twice a day. I felt ok at first but once I started taking two a day I began to experience side effects. Headaches, waking up feeling hungover, extreme nausea, confusion and fogginess, muscle tenderness and definite weakness... almost as if my brain was telling me I couldn't move if I tried and I became literally too lazy to try. I was super disappointed, it just wasn't for me. "

KMDM (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

"17 years of no smoking in October thanks to zyban. I started taking the pill snd stopped smoking and then I started forgetting to take the pill so I quit that too. I didn't even make it through the first month supply. Zyban works if you follow the directions and get involved. I don't smoke and no I don't have a light."

leviwillis September 4, 2015

"1to 3 packs a day for past 5 years. On the third day talking zyban I took 3 drags and throw away cigarette. That was my last one. I can't look at cigarettes. Last pack is still on my countertop. Zyban is the best"

Bucek July 31, 2015

"I smoked for 8 years anywhere from half a pack to a pack a day, I started Zyban, gave myself 1 week to tapered down then stopped smoking completely. I looked into many options and decided to try Zyban as it appeared to have less severe side effects. I wasn't even sure I wanted to quit smoking and definitely thought I would struggle and just keep going back to the excuse "well I tried". I took the medication for 12 weeks as advised by my doctor and have been smoke free ever since. I know some people have side effects but don't let that put you off, everybody reacts differently to medication so why not try it, as a smoker what do you have to lose. I am so happy with the results I have achieved and would recommend this to anyone."

Ex Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

"Do not take this drug. My husband took this to help with smoking cessation. During the entire time, he had bad dreams, but during the fifth week he dreamed he was jumping off a boat, jumped off the bed and crashed to the floor, fracturing his left shoulder and badly bruising his left hip. After four days of extensive testing in the hospital, the doctors concluded the "fall" was from Zyban. Terrible terrible pain and very scary."

Anonymous Wife of smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

"I wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or not, and the first few days on Zyban weren't great. I was in a horrible mood and was convinced the pills weren't going to do anything. Continued smoking like normal and on the eighth day of taking the meds, I took a few drags and knew it would be my last one. It was like something just clicked in my brain. Have been using zero-nicotine liquid in a vaporizer a few times a day just for the menthol sensation, but other than that I haven't had a cigarette since!"

mrrs2014 May 20, 2015

"The first week I had some very brief agitation (day 4) that lasted for about 30 minutes. By the end of the first week, my cravings were nearly gone. I am down to only 1 to 3 uses per day, which is a major reduction for me. I plan to be completely done by day 20. No other side effects. Not feeling any nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I plan to use the Wellbutrin full strength for 1-2 weeks after quitting entirely and then begin the taper process. Amazing product."

Jay4444 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

"Smoking @ 16 for 41 years, had in that time 2 dvt's. Stopped after first day on Zyban, never touched tobacco since. Fabulous product."

Thromboman (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

"Absolutely miracle med for smoking cessation! I smoked for 15 yrs (anywhere from 2-4 packs/day). Had the attitude, "if I quit, I quit; if I don't, I don't". Within 10 days I stopped. I did experience a few side-effects that were no big deal (insomnia, funny taste in mouth). I didn't have a "stop-date" just one day I lit a cigarette, took about three drags then put it out. That was 14 yrs ago. Took me about 5 yrs to say I quit - I always said, "I haven't had a cigarette in a while". I still have my 1/2 carton as my trophy ;-)"

Anonymous April 17, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Only day 2 of Zyban. But cigarettes taste like garbage truck juice and I have high hopes that I can quit. Will update when more time passes"

Huff n puff (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

"Fantastic after smoking for over 20 years and 2 packages a day I took Zyban. No side effects. On the 5th day I stop...15 years ago. I follow the directions, clean my house, my clothes, my car,..took the medicine for 3 months. I picked up the day to stop smoking. I do recommend Zyban 100%."

Serret April 4, 2015

"Before the first week was up and before I even increased my dosage, I went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to less than 5. When I tried to avoid smoking altogether right away, I had very bad headaches and a little achy. I think it does help to taper down some so your body can adjust to the change of nicotine levels. I have tried many times and many methods to quit smoking. Zyban is by far the best."

longtimesmoker (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

"Quit date 3 days away, after a month on Zyban, cigarettes taste bad, and aren't satisfying at all. Have reduced by half, without even starting with the nicotine replacement lozenges and gum. Was taking Lexapro for anxiety, stopped and switched to Zyban as my anti-anxiety and smoking cessation."

globalarizona (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2014

"Started smoking at 13, up to 2 1/2 pack a day. Wife also smoked, up to 2 packs a day. We both started Zyban at the same time. Took meds and smoked for a week, stopped the smoking, then a week later, stopped the meds. Haven't regretted doing it. Although I don't feel a whole lot better, still huff and puff at the top of the stairs, gained about 25 pounds, but I know we are both better for having quit. Recommend to anyone who really wants to quit."

Carl F December 9, 2014

"Tried quitting cold turkey and was so grumpy had to decide between quitting or my marriage, chose marriage. Tried Zyban, quit after 10 days, been a month and have not had any sign of grumpiness, withdrawl or anxiety. I call them my magic pills"

JeffFlag (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Nice"

KLINGLER October 27, 2014

"I'm 21 years old and I used to smoke 25 a day for 3 years. When I first started taking Zyban I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or keep smoking but I thought why not try! For the first 8-10 days my morning dose made very nauseous and feel like I was either going to vomit or faint but I never did. since I set my quit date with zyban I have never touched a cigarette since and it has been 6 months now. the only caution I would like to share is that it only takes away the cravings ! You still have to say no too having a cigarette."

Winfield blue 25s (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2014

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been taking bupropion for just over a month as per my doctor. She told me that it was important that my moods stabilize before I have a quit date. On my quit date 4 days ago I continued taking it and using a daily Nicoderm patch with a Nicoderm inhaler for break throughs. I am 4 days smoke free, something I have not been able to say in the 23 years since I first started smoking. I never lasted a day without smokes no matter how intense the plan. This combination is amazing and I have never felt better."

Slee76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Quit using Zyban over 29 years ago. Quitting with Zyban was the easiest thing to do. Tried to quit by ALL of the other methods without success. All I did was follow the directions faithfully and changed my routing for the first morning only. I never looked back or had those ghost cravings. I found I was able to have the occasional cigar without issue. TOTALLY recommend this method... Weaned myself off Zyban by just forgetting to take the meds more frequently as time went on."

ChuckString (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2014

"I have been taking it for 1 week...I get headaches and agitation, abit dizzy. I was debating wheather to stop taking it...but I will try a few more days. Will this go away as I continue!!"

debsza (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2014

"I smoked from age 15 to 50, up to 3 packs a day. I quit many times and suffered greatly. Plan 2: Decrease number of cigarettes a day, then quit. I decreased to 10-12 a day for about 10 months. Started Zyban and quit 7 days later. Went to Las Vegas of all places and all the smoking didn't tempt me. I am now 66 and haven't had a smoke since."

TeeLee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate