User Reviews for Wellbutrin (Page 4)

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 223 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Wellbutrin to treat Depression

"I started this 4 weeks ago. I was originally on Paxil but I was tired of its side effects. My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin after also trying Cipralex, Effexor and Zoloft. It works great. I had almost no side effects when I started it (I did with every other medicine). It does increase anxiety for me though. Wellbutrin gives me more energy and makes me feel alive again. Because of the energy, I work out now which helps counter act the anxiety. It did not increase my sex drive BUT it made me normal. (Paxil made it so I wouldn't even let my husband touch me). I have lost the weight that Paxil made me gain and then some! I would recommend it to people for sure but if you have bad anxiety like I do, try being really active as well."

ddeeddee86 August 28, 2014

198 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I took Wellbutrin for about 8 years, it was wonderful, kept me motivated, optimistic, helped me lose a bunch of weight but I think it caused my tinnitus so I'm switching to Prozac."

Tinwest (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2014

"It's effective, and the side effects aren't that bad. Pros: - It works. - Hasn't caused weight gain. Cons: - I've noticed that since I started taking it my body temperature has been higher than normal, even if I'm not sick. - A few times it's made me act hyper. Not sure why, but my psychiatrist said I should be fine. Doesn't happen very often anymore. Notes: - Not to be taken by people with Bipolar disorder. If your doctor prescribes you this, make sure they are aware you're bipolar. Would I recommend? Yes."

am49 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Does not seem to help much. Doctor is reluctant to prescribe something different. Viibryd worked very well but I can't afford the copay."

ohio.mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

"I am on Day 3 and I am starting to notice some if not all of the effects. My mood is stabilising and I am finding my motivation returning to me. I need it for when I get into my doctoral program! I can find pleasure in things I enjoy again. I don't have overtly pessimistic and sad thoughts as much. I'm not crying as much. Before I started taking this medicine I was not at rock bottom, but I did not want to feel like awful anymore. Depression is a real disease. The medications do help."

Katherys (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Really helped me recover from a horrid depression. This medication saved my life. It is a bit activating. At higher doses works as a great smoking cessation aid. LOVE IT."

Anonymous July 8, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been taking Wellbutrin 150 SR every morning for 3 weeks now. I was on Zoloft for quite a while and experienced sexual side effects. I was willing to try something different and Wellbutrin seemed to have a good history of not affecting sexual drive. I've continued to go downhill since starting the Wellbutrin. I have no energy, feel the need to withdraw from interaction with people, feel unsteady at times, have depressing thoughts, and feel moments of sadness and start crying. I can't wait to be weaned of this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was in a bad car accident 3 years ago and it tore up my already injured back. At first I relied on Cymbalta and narcotics to get through the pain. The narcotics lifted my mood and the Cymbalta did help with all other pain. Eventually the narcotic I was on (lortab) stopped working all together. I'm not a big fan of opiates for pain relief and would not have taken them had it not been my only choice to feel normal. (I couldnt even sit in my car for more than 15 mins without searing nerve pain).I accidently stumbled on a review that said Wellbutrin also helped with back pain. It has been the best thing that's happened to me. It has replaced both meds and I feel great! Cymbalta was horrible to come off of, Lortab not so much but think I was just lucky."

muchbetter79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started taking Wellbutrin 150mg one week ago. I suffer from mild depression, but I feel like I am going through a rough patch in my marriage/life and needed something to change. I exercise regularly, own a business and sleep well, but just didn't have that "get up and go" that I felt others had. So, my doctor had given me a prescription for Lexapro that had horrible side effects right off the bat. Heartburn, insomnia, and this kind of stressed out feeling that made me VERY uncomfortable. My doc gave me a new prescription for Wellbutrin and I take it the moment I wake up each morning. I feel Happy, Energetic and Ready to tackle the day. No insomnia, but I do have a reduced appetite. This may be just the ticket!"

HappyDays73 June 16, 2014

"Cipralex seemed to be my lifeline for the first 4 yrs....the last 4 years was another story. It seemed to have really assisted with my sluggish, tired and empty feelings. I actually felt so consumed with depression and anxiety and stress over weight-gain this last year. Now, against my doctors wishes I have weaned myself off 20mg in a month. I've asked her to help wean me off numerous times. Instead, I would be told its not the right time....ie: going through divorce, custody battle, deaths in the family or financial hardships. So I put up my dukes and went for it. Mind you, she added Wellbutrin to my mornings 9 months ago. I am positive that it has helped with my withdrawal symptoms. A big cry baby...but I'm sure that will settle itself."

Lizzarrd June 13, 2014

"So far, so good but only been on this medication for a week."

Frody June 12, 2014

"Wellbutrin is amazing. Prior to Wellbutrin I was put on Zoloft, Prozac and Valdoxan, all which either killed my sex drive, did nothing or made me too sleepy to function. For 2 years I stupidly went off medication and just thought everything in life was crap, and probably said somethings I regret to people. Eventually it came to the point where was failing at work and angry at everyone. The ADHD medication I was taking also worsened my depression. Come Wellbutrin, I have been on it for around two months and I feel great. I have energy, more motivation, increased libido and I feel content, although I still get the moments. Also I have lost more than 5 pounds without dieting or exercising."

winningatlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2014

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I tried a couple different SSRI's and found that most of them gave me bad side effects and made me feel empty, so when I heard about Wellbutrin I asked my doctor if I could try it. It's one of the few that also doesn't give you a decreased sex drive. I was a bit scared after hearing some of the negative reviews, but this medication works wonders for me. I have had no side effects at all and within a day I started feeling better. I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't had luck with SSRI's."

McLovin17734 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After starting wellbutrin I didn't notice any effects until week 5, I am now on week 9. I feel so much better than before, my self image and self confidence have skyrocketed, my libido increased, I am so much more optimistic and happy too. Honestly can't say enough positive things about Wellbutrin."

Gsidthekid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2014

215 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Five months after my Daughters fatal car accident, my Dr. suggested Celexa for my depression. I took it for 6 months. It made me worse, my Dr. thought that Wellbutrin might be better. It has really helped, just after 3 weeks I've noticed a big difference in my life. I take 200mg per day and now I can finally get on with my life knowing that some day we will be together."

ZT March 12, 2014

272 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Day 6 and I'm up at 2am. Maybe the energy is kicking in, I don't know. I suffer from bipolar, anxiety, panic attacks, depression. I usually feel a little manic all the time, but the 2nd day taking this medicine, a calmness came over me. I'm a pack a day smoker, but haven't had or wanted a cigarette from that 2nd day. I'm taking 75mg twice a day, but I think I need to just take it in the morning. I don't feel all energetic but I haven't been taking a nap in the afternoon like usual. And tonight I can't fall asleep...and I take 100mg of trazodone to fall asleep. Also I haven't been on Amazon and Ebay wanting to buy everything I see. I'll see how it goes day by day but I'm very hopeful! By the way...if you are bipolar DO NOT TAKE LEXAPRO!"

hopeful2014 February 17, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started taking Wellbutrin about two weeks ago. The first week was fine, but on the second week my blood pressure became elevated along with uncontrollable muscle tremors, trouble concentrating, overheating in my face, difficulty concentration and speaking, dry mouth, sweating, and headaches. I had to quit taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder a few years ago. I've tried basically all SSRI anti-depressants. They did nothing for me other then make sex impossible and gave me leg tremors as well as massive weight gain. I switched to Wellbutrin and my sex drive is back to normal my weight is dropping and I feel a lot better. I recommend this medicine to anyone struggling with SSRI's and their many side effects."

nebMN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2014

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started taking Wellbutrin about 3 weeks ago for depression. I had been on Zoloft for the past 6 years and needed a change. After the switch, I was more irritable. Three days ago, I developed hives and swollen lips. After my 2nd ER visit, I am back on Zoloft."

KWJ February 3, 2014

"I can't say enough positive about this medicine. It's the type of medicine that saves marriages. With that said I got the rare side effect of pulmonary embolism. I am now on blood thinners to counteract this because I function so well on this medicine. "

carlos dejesus (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on Wellbutrin SR for about 2 weeks. I feel so much better. The only thing that concerns me is my blood pressure seems a little bit high. I have been shaking a lot but other than that I got a ton of energy!!"

C.R (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2014

"I started Wellbutron about 1 year ago. I have primarily taken 300mg daily. A while back we tried going up to 450mg, but my tremor was too bad so we decreased the dose to 300mg. A couple of weeks ago we tried going up again, but had to stop because of the tremor and also I was having tremendous memory difficulties. Half way through a sentence, I couldn't remember what I was talking about. I had poor word-finding abilities, and twice in one day I couldn't remember what street I was driving on and how the streets met up at intersections. I also went to a movie with a friend and though I remember going to the movie, I have no idea what it was about. Back down to 300mg, I am much better, but still experiencing lesser symptoms."

Jasperkitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2014

"I've been taking bupropion 75mg twice a day for the past 6 weeks and I feel like I'm finally back to the real me. I'm 18 and have been dealing with depression, but this medication helped me tremendously. I was originally on Paxil, but due to sexual side effects, I switched to this and it restored my sex drive. I also have a little bit of anxiety, but this medication cleared that up as well. The first week was hard. I experienced heart palpitations, very anxious, ridiculous energy, and I was easily agitated. After the first week, those side effects slowly diminished and now I don't have them at all. That is the only reason I didn't give this medicine a 10. It saved my life. I HIGHLY recommend this to any who doesn't want sexual side effects."

Connor D January 5, 2014

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"If I Wellbutrin was in my life few years ago I could be totally different person. Still I am lucky to have started it several weeks ago. It helped me a lot. I hope you can see the same results. "

ilker.u (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am 23 and have had major problems with depression since I was 14. I've tried Lexapro and Zoloft....nothing. This is my fourth day on Wellbutrin. I told my family that it may just be the placebo effect but I already feel better. Before...I'd get depressed or angry over small things and stay that way for hours, if not for the whole day. Now...I stop myself before I start which is a tool I did not have before. It's still way too early yet and it may all be in my head but here's to hoping this works for me! I have a 2 year old, fiance, and live with my parents....life has been crappy for a long, long, long time. It's time for me to be happy!"

Zoe Tinman (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next