User Reviews for Wellbutrin

Learn more about Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Wellbutrin to treat Depression

"This medication gave me my life back. I could actually get out of my room and do life like a normal person but with a lot more energy than most people. This is definitely not for people with anxiety which is why I take it with buspar but my focus was extremely sharp, and I was able to just nail through daily tasks like a pro and feel really good about it!"

Leandre3452 September 1, 2015

"I started Wellbutrin about 2 and a half weeks ago and my anxiety and depression are worse. I am crying all the time, super anxious and can't relax. Has anyone else had this problem? I take 30mg Prozac and taking 150-225 mg Wellbutrin. I am scared to continue"

Help1231 August 31, 2015

"This isn't a "feel good" drug. But it certainly alleviated my depression. I love that it doesn't come with too interfering a side effects. My mood has certainly changed for the better."

Plen August 27, 2015

"All I can say is Wellbutrin has substantially increased my quality of life. I was so scared about side effects that I waited years to try antidepressants. I was on Celexa and when that failed I was put on Zoloft which also did me no good. Wellbutrin not only brought me out of a deep depression it's caused me to be active and my weight is now in the normal range. I'm also more organized and positive than I've ever been. My family members who were initially against me taking Wellbutrin has changed their opinion because they see me enjoy life again."

CanlasT August 20, 2015

"Great medication. Prescribed after job loss and bad breakup. After laying on the cohch for two months socially isolated, I gabe it a try and it certainly has helped me see the brighter side of things and begin to find new motivation in life."

Nick77 July 29, 2015

"Y'all! -- I am one of these people who cannot say enough about bupropion! It has changed my life after only day 8. Such a subtle but powerful shift in perception and decrease in troublesome habits (smoking one of them, but also irrational anxiety getting on train, rushing down the street for no reason, rushing through dinner) has decreased by drinking, made me less weighed down. There are side effects the first few days but they will go away! Stick with it and you won't regret it ~"

Skargardande2 July 19, 2015

"I've been on Prozac for about 20 years and it's been a lot of help but at age 68 I found myself wanting to nap a lot more and my motivation decreasing. I switched to Wellbutrin and once the therapeutic dose was established I began to feel better within a week or two. I feel more energetic and yet more composed and at ease. I'm very pleased with this drug, not the least because my sex life has returned. I think my life would have been different if I'd started it 20 years ago."

graphicsgeezer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2015

"I spent a lot of time reading reviews and it took me awhile to even start the medication but I finally said screw it I'll try it. After reading the reviews most people said they felt better almost right away so after 2 months when I still wasn't feeling great I started to get nervous. Then 3 months approached and I started crying less and less and I actually got excited to do things again and by 4 months I feel great!! I'm so glad I stuck with it. If your depression is bad this really can take up to 3 months but don't give up! I did have to take buspar with it because I'm just naturally an anxious person and that helped with my anxiety and to balance it out. I now take 100mg of bupropion in am and 100mg in afternoon and it's just enough!"

Tay1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

"I took welbutrin 300xl for 8 years, but had decreased to 150mg about 2 years ago. I had been doing fine until I forgot my pills on a 4-day vacation. Since it was only 4 days I thought I would be ok, and I was until the evening of the 4th night. A situation occurred that definitely justified me being angry with one person, but I had a meltdown of epic proportions. Epic proportions and no one was safe from it. Again, I would have not been out of line for being angry; the situation unfortunately warranted anger, but I just flat out lost it. Scary. I've been back home and back on meds for 2 days. I still feel like I want to hurt someone, but I'm so exhausted I can barely move. I have no idea how long it will take me to shake this."

forgetfulgirl (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2015

"I'm 35, female, I took Wellbutrin December to May this year to treat major OCD, depression and ADD. The main effects I experienced: Slight decrease in depression/OCD. Did not make me more social or "feel good" mood-wise. Easier to concentrate at work. Definitely increased ability to work hard and be more competitive and confident. Better able to stand up for myself and express what I want. Heightened sexual drive. However, I had 5-6 major anger out-bursts with people in my life, during this time. Screamed at someone, slapped someone, yelled, wrote a nasty letter. I've never, ever in my life had anger issues. A friend experienced the same thing on Wellbutrin, with the anger. I'm currently decreasing my dose, and may go off the drug completely"

ADD girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

"I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety, as well as a bit of OCD regarding my weight well over 10 years ago, but started taking medication for it only 2 years ago. I'm on Wellbutrin again, after a year or so off of it, for about 6 days now and I haven't felt much of a positive change whatsoever, unfortunately. The one side effect I've been getting are extreme migraines. I suffer from chronic migraines anyway, but they're never usually this bad, every day. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still coming off of the Zoloft, while starting up the Wellbutrin. Zoloft gave me awful headaches, and major weight gain along with some insomnia. I'm sticking it out and hoping that the migraines go away. I have been nauseous daily also."

jmmacfarlane April 15, 2015

"Go to Costco and sign up for their prescription program. Unbelievable difference in cost in comparison to other pharmacies. This medication saved my life."

Life changing! April 14, 2015

"Been on this med for about 6 days now. I definitely notice that I feel better. I have taken Zoloft, celexa, and viibryd. Viibryd was the only one that actually seemed to help me but the effects wore off after a few months. Wellbutrin has by far been the most effective."

Anonymous March 21, 2015

"Taken all types of anti depressants. None worked until a friend mentioned Wellbutrin. Started off on 150mg SR generic brand. Anxiety increased, smoking decreased, sex drive moderate, no change in weight or additional side effects. After two yes doctor finally prescribed 24 hr Wellburtin. Taking name brand. Day 2 & WOWWWWW. Im feeling fabulous. I have Valium in case for emergency anxiety attacks. But I honestly believe this is a winner"

Anew2015 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2015

"My depression was primarily characterized by hopelessness and lack of motivation, and within weeks of starting Wellbutrin, I experienced dramatic changes in my mood and mindset. I often forget that I even take Wellbutrin because it has given me no side effects and has only made me feel the way I was always supposed to feel. This drug is definitely worth a try; even if it doesn't work so effectively for everyone, the potential for a negative experience is very low compared to that of other antidepressants."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2015

"I am a 35 year old woman, who has taken meds for 1/2 her life. I struggle with obsessive compulsive disorder, intrusive thoughts and overall depression. Wellbutrin.. I take 150mg a day. It has changed my life.. I have less obsessive thinking, more motivation and for some reason care way less about what people think."

struggler79 January 17, 2015

347 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Wellbutrin SR 150s, which initially had positive outcomes on my depression, probably the best I've tried, and I've tried a lot the past years. It took a bit to get the optimal dose. At 300 mg it was causing a cascade of side effects, anxiety, palpitations, sweating. Doc helped me back down to 100 mg with no side effects. The depression is just as gone as the initial 300 mg. Wellbutrin also developed a positive outcome in mere days - a major plus."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2015

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been struggling with depression and anxiety/panic attacks since I was a kid. I'm now 36. I tried every antidepressant they threw at me from Celexa to Zoloft. None of them worked and came with side effects I couldn't handle. Weight gain and loss of sexual function. When my psychiatrist suggested Wellbutrin I was afraid of more side effects, but I was desperate. I also take Valium and Klonopin for my anxiety so I'm not sure if those might mask any increased anxiety, but I have to say, I noticed a difference the first day. I take 200mg SR in the morning and I've got more energy and almost no interest in smoking, which is a bonus. It's only been a week but I feel an improvement every day. I think I finally found the right one."

darkdestiny January 7, 2015

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Before starting Wellbutrin I was so depressed, crying all the time, no motivation, no energy, no ability to make decisions or follow through with them, no desire to go anywhere. I've been taking Wellbutrin for about 3 weeks and within a 5 days I was noticing a difference. The crying has stopped, I'm more motivated, I have more energy and I'm making decisions I couldn't before. I have been active, forcing myself to go to the gym but now I'm more eager to go. Wellbutrin has made a huge difference for me."

jkn1416 January 1, 2015

286 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on bupropion for about a year, 150mg taken every morning. I noticed a difference on day 2. Everything was just normal. Not bad normal, but good normal, like you woke up after having a really good sleep - and like a weight or pressure has been lifted. It's really hard to describe. Everything seems better. I kid you not. Music sounds clearer, looking around outside, it looks clearer...like I am out of a fog. So...I tried an experiment while I went on vacation. Didn't take anything for 2 weeks. My mood slowly returned to negative. Little things ticked me off, that shouldn't have. I decided to go back on. Same effect on the next day, mood lifted. It gives me slight insomnia, but also takes away some appetite. Great."

depressed no more (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2014

208 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Recently I retired from public safety. I should have been happy and content to have a lot of free time. My friends all said I looked rested and better than I had in years. What they did not know is how depressed I was and how much I missed the work and my work friends. Reluctantly my doctor prescribed Bupropion HCL 150 mg for seven days then 300 mg daily in the AM. After the first day, I was already feeling better. I just finished the first two weeks and I'm feeling so much better. Occasionally I still have negative thoughts. Side effects include anxiety and an elevated BP. I'm happy with the results and believe the medication has taken me away from the edge. I will post updates periodically."

ChiefChuck December 5, 2014

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I suffer from major anxiety to the point where it feels like my chest is going to crush itself from the tension. I also have tendencies to get panic attacks at random times along with a feeling a doom and gloom ever hanging over my head. While I never reached a point of suicidal thoughts I did have weeks and sometimes months of listlessness where I didn't want do anything, see anyone, or be anywhere. I felt like nothing mattered. After being on Wellbutrin I am happy to say these incidents haven't occurred again . Unlike other medicines I have tried in the past, this one has had zero personality effect. I feel like myself, the one who was always trying to bust out of the anxiety ridden zombie that I was."

Mädchen (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2014

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My wife passed away and I went into a deep depression. I was put on Wellbutrin and told by my nurse it would be at least 4 weeks. In just 3 days and I was feeling great, clear headed, I smiled, I ate normally."

It Can Work Fast (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

218 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"When first taking Wellbutrin, my mouth became really dry, I got a few weird headaches, and I felt some physical numbness when I touched my skin; However, after a month the symptoms were almost non-existent and my depression and anxiety improved drastically. Also, my doctor prescribed it to me to help with ADD/ADHD. I noticed that my focus was also better. This may be simply because anxiety can cause you to lack attention and it fixed the anxiety, but either way it worked great for me."

JaseyRae (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2014

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on Welbutrin (my first antidepression/anxiey med) 150mg once a day for about 7 weeks. Its good for those who emotionally eat. I've already lost 15 lbs because I don't have that feeling of hopelessness & it gives me no appetite. I have to force myself to eat for nutritional reasons. On the downside my insomnia is out of control & affecting many parts of my life. I also have experienced several itching fits after about a month & needed Benadryl to get some relief. Otherwise I would gave it a 10."

jttw November 18, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next