User Reviews for Bupropion

Also known as: Aplenzin, Budeprion, Budeprion SR, Budeprion XL, Buproban, Forfivo XL, Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban

Learn more about Bupropion.

Bupropion review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Bupropion to treat Anxiety

Review by SlimTee: User Rating:

bupropion: I started this medication at 150 mg xl about a week ago... I feel slightly different. ... I had a panic attack at work the other day.... which scared me.... I dont get as upset as before. My sex life is great! I think Im going to give it another week and maybe increase my dosage...

November 10, 2013 8:32 AM
Review by essay782: User Rating:

bupropion: Was on Celexa for anxiety and and stayed sleepy all the time. Switched to bupropion (300 mg) and am very pleased with the results: much less anxiety, improved libido, sleep well at night, lost some weight, and have more energy. For me, it's a good choice for anxiety without side effects.

July 13, 2013 3:51 PM
Review by Mamae.do.Lucas: User Rating:

bupropion: I like the medication, I feel better but not 100% anxiety free. What I like about it is that now my mood is stable and I am happier and most of chocolate craves are gone. I still worry about things here and there but is much better than it used to. I can say that I feel just like my old self (happy and full of life).

June 21, 2013 1:02 AM
Review by Mmoulaison: User Rating:

bupropion: On 20 mgs Cipralex two years ago and gained almost 30 pounds. Began taking Wellbutrin 150mgs three weeks ago after weaning myself off the Cipralex over a 2 month period. A few side effects, dry mouth being the most noticeable. 150 mgs for two weeks and started 300 mgs this last Monday. Huge energy boost...appetite is level and cravings are non-existent. I have to remind myself to eat. I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks without changing anything in my daily routine. I believe the ingredient in the medicine which helps a person to quit smoking has the same effect on appetite. It just stops the cravings, therefore stopping needless emotional eating or eating out of boredom. Anxiety was my major mood disorder but it has not affected me negatively!

April 13, 2013 6:24 PM
Review by Getmeoutofme: User Rating:

bupropion: I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for years. That last year my anxiety has reached the point of almost constant panic. It is affecting every aspect of my life, and worst of all my confidence in doing my job. I have been desperately seeking some relief. I have had ruminating thoughts, fear of death/failure, overall guilt, etc. Anyways, I have been on the medication for 10 days. The first 6 were wonderful. I actually got out of bed and played with my kids! However the last four days the an anxiety is creeping back. Doc just upped my dose to 150 from the 100 (SR generic). Hopefully this will work out because I've tried SSRI's and SSNRI's and they make me feel like I'm going to flip out. Complete worsening of depression and anxiety.

January 4, 2013 9:30 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion): I take Wellbutrin for help with the management of stress and it works wonderfully! I used to be in a bad mood and very tired after work which was not good for my kids or husband. I take 100mg at 6:00 am and another 100mg at 2:00 pm and it makes a HUGE difference in my mood, energy level, and diminishes my cravings for chocolate. What I like the MOST is how I have energy ALL DAY LONG now. I used to be so tired all the time even though I was not depressed or sick. Now I have energy even after a long day of work. I must drink 50-60 ounces of water daily or I have bad muscle pain. But so long as I get in enough water I feel fabulous and definitely recommend this for others who have a hard time with stress and low energy levels.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 2, 2012 1:20 PM
Review by CocoCat (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

bupropion: I was taking Bupropion SR for about two months for anxiety and depression. At first my doctor started me off at 75 MG. When I first took it the medication started to work right away, but the medication for some reason stop working after about two weeks. My anxiety came back and so did my depression. So I called my doctor and she switched me to 150MG. I thought to myself "maybe the dosage was just low". Again the medication worked right away, but again the medication for some reason only lasted about two weeks. I went back to my doctor and she switched me to Prozac and so far it has worked pretty well. The symptoms I had with bupropion was nausea, diarrhea, and drowsiness. I don't think this medication was right for me but everyone is different.

October 30, 2012 12:47 AM
Review by Crystle: User Rating:

bupropion: I was on Bupropion XL. I had to up my dose after 6 weeks of not feeling any different. I would get anxious over nothing at all and it was really depressing me because I couldn't control my emotions. I would get angry over little things that shouldn't even matter and have no patience. Now that my Dr has changed my dose I feel 10x better. It took about 8 weeks to actually work but it was worth the wait. I laugh more often and am just happy in general. It's not like most medicines where you feel loopy or.. it's a subtle change that has big effects. I take my time now and am not so anxious about everyday things. The only reason I gave it an 8 out of 10 was because it took so long to work.

October 17, 2012 2:06 PM
Review by TexasCop: User Rating:

bupropion: I started Wellbutrin after my Celexa quit working after 5 years. I had a little nausea the first week. The second week was the hardest. I had uncontrollable bouts of sheer rage. When I spanked one of my kids out of anger, which I've never done before, I called my doctor and she put me on Prozac. However, I decided to give Wellbutrin one more week. The rage issue resolved itself and went away. At week 4, I feel completely even tempered. I love how this medicine makes me feel and I take things far less seriously. I could only give it an 8 out of 10 due to the side effects when starting it.

March 26, 2012 11:17 AM
Review by Rocky Cloud: User Rating:

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion): This drug gave me focus and energy, however it made my anxiety go worse so I had to stop it. If you don't have problem with anxiety then this drug is definitively a must. It took around 30 days to take effect.

December 4, 2011 11:13 AM
Review by MsTexx: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion): After trying several from the Prozac family, with really bad results, I was given Wellbutrin - what a live saver! It completely smoothed out the rough edges so I could feel normal, not anxious and irritable all the time.

September 15, 2011 10:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion): This medicine gives me highs and lows. Doesn't work well with anxiety, helped depression but if you are anxious this medicine may not work well for you.

August 23, 2011 8:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion): Have only been taking for three days. Have some headaches, nausea, no big deal. I don't like the feeling after my second dose at night. I have gotten panicky and felt like I was going to have a panic attack, but have not so far. I am mainly using this to quit smoking and I see that it is triggering my anxiety somewhat, but I have already lost the urge to smoke and will quit on my quit date. I would rather deal with side effects for a couple weeks than die of lung cancer and leave my children with no mother. Especially after losing my mother at a young age and my grandfather. I am hoping this will help my depression and anxiety after I am used to it. I can't wait to be smoke-free soon.

August 11, 2011 3:12 PM
Review by ko4gunc: User Rating:

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion): Been using since 2002. Has controlled my anxiety. Even though I could have gone off of in 2005, have decided that it is not worth going off of. I like the assurance that normal will stay normal.

June 5, 2011 8:38 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Wellbutrin (bupropion): I was put on 150 mg dose about 4 weeks ago for mild depression/anxiety. I had dry mouth, headaches, spacey feeling, and nervousness. All of which added to my anxiety. I switched to 300 mg for 1 week, but the jitters increased and I could have climbed the walls! Rarely felt like eating. It did not negatively affect my ability to orgasm (like Lexapro did) which was nice, but couldn't handle the side effects. Trying Cymbalta.

April 27, 2011 10:11 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Wellbutrin XL (bupropion): I've tried many medications for my anxiety, but this medication does a great job. Gave me back my appetite, and actually is helping me quit smoking. It's a great medication.

January 23, 2011 9:59 AM
Review by mummy55: User Rating:

bupropion: I am on 150 mg of the generic bupropion for approximately 2 months now. The side effects have been increased anxiety and irritability as well as really bad insomnia. Went to see the doctor and they increased it to 300mg a day. I am skeptical, thinking it will intensify the side effects but they are telling me it should decrease them with a higher dose. I went in to change to a different medicine, we'll see what happens. I still don't understand doubling the dose.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate