User Reviews for Budeprion XL

Learn more about Budeprion XL.

Seasonal Affective Disorder 2 reviews 2 medications

Depression 11 reviews 75 medications

6.3
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Budeprion XL reviews 13 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Budeprion XL

Review by honeybadger (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for 8 years with little relief from other antidepressants and combinations (Zoloft, Lexapro, Lexapro & Lithium, Imipramine, Desipramine) and cognitive therapy. I became so sick of switching medications that I just pretended everything was okay until it was too much to bear. I've been on Budeprion XL for about a month now, increased from 150mg to 300mg. Other than a periodic rapid heart beat, some brief sleeping interruptions, and a tad bit of irritability, I can honestly say I'm starting to feel a bit better. I've got more energy than I've had in a long time as well. I would just recommend that if you're a heavy caffeine consumer, maybe cut back a bit to reduce some of the symptoms.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2013 10:22 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Seasonal Affective Disorder: I was originally prescribed this for seasonal affective disorder. I took this for about two years. I then went off. I have notice that seasonal issues slowly begin to reappear. I also noticed that my self diagnosed ADD issues were really beginning to get the best of me, especially the thoughts running wild when I should be sleeping. I noticed an immediate change but going back onto Bupropion XL 150 mg. This has helped to keep me focused and has given me a regular sleep ability again even though I am a 2nd shifter. I am glad to have my life back.

November 14, 2012 1:09 AM

For Depression: I have been using Budeprion for about 3 months and not only have I quit smoking, it has helped me in other ways mentally. I would not say that it makes me "happy" but it has given me such moments of clarity/enlightenment.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2011 11:25 AM

For Depression: I have been on 200mg of buproprion xl for about 2 years and I can say that it has had a great effect on my life. First off, I quit smoking. The urge to smoke was like, GONE! My mood was great for about 1 1/2 yrs and I feel that this is a great medicine for most. I did gain weight on it and my appetite has actually INCREASED, so I guess I am one of the unlucky ones. I have noticed some withdrawal symptoms if I miss a dose, which is something else to consider. It has stopped being effective for me and I am concerned about raising my dosage due to the withdrawal symptoms I have experienced. I am constantly tired and lethargic and recently had a major depressive episode.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 6:57 PM

Review by Dianalb:

For Depression: Currently on 10mg of Lexparo 1 x a day to help mellow out my anxiety and panic attacks associated with postpartum depression. Was extremely effective, but the effect started wearing off after 2 months. The drowsiness I experienced from the medication was also getting unbearable. Doctor prescribed 150 mg Wellbutrin XL 1 x a day to be used in combination with the 10mg Lexapro. The idea was that it would increase my feelings of well-being while counteracting the drowsiness. Stopped Wellbutrin after 2 days. I experienced anxiety, sleeplessness, bad headaches behind my eyes, nausea and sour stomach. Probably should have given it more time to kick in. Will stick to Lexapro and just drink more coffee.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2010 1:07 AM

For Depression: I have been taking this generic for several years. It worked great. Now my pharmacy uses a different manufacturer every time I refill. What a difference. With the Watson brand I'd rate this a 10. I'm currently on the Activis brand and I would rate this a 0. All symptoms back. I found a few of the other brand and took them and felt great but now I'm back to this most recent refill and it's awful. All I can say is although there is supposedly the same ingredients not all generics are equal.

April 18, 2010 7:49 AM

For ADHD: I have been taking Wellbutrin for 8 plus years. Then went to SR, then XL. Helped with my ADHD with Adderall too. Went off for about a year and started back. To save money went to generic 150mg XL - they were great. When Dr. suggested increasing back to 300mg daily (as previously) I agreed. I started taking the 300mg XL generics - the symptoms returned. I noticed when I opened the bottle there as a noxious odor given off. After 4 weeks couldn't stand the smell and returned the rest of the pills to my pharmacy. They replaced them and said they would look into the problem. The 150 mg SR generics stink too. Only the 150mg XL generics don't.

February 5, 2010 1:57 PM

Review by dudeman44:

For Depression: Wasn't on this drug for very long, only about 2 months. I felt mildly stimulated, but got no great effects from it. No side effects either however. The reason for the high rating is that it destroys all pleasure of smoking for me, to the point that I don't want to smoke due to the fact I won't feel it. Also the only popular antidepressant I know that doesn't affect sex drive in a negative way like SSRIs.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2010 8:00 AM

For Depression: What can I say this is a GREAT medicine! It was prescribed to me to prevent migraines and depression and it work wonders. I stopped getting migraines from 2-3 a week to maybe 1 a month, helped me improve my energy, sex drive and YES I lost about 25lbs in less then 3months LOVE IT. I would so recommended it to anyone.

August 18, 2009 2:46 PM

Review by mrdoolin:

For Depression: I have been on bupropion for mild depression for many, many years. I switched to the 300XL recently, in order to only take it once a day. I had tried many other anti-depressants and found one overriding side effect - sexual problems. With the Budeprion XL, I have no such effects and the drug works very well.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2009 4:40 PM

Review by ncsherry:

I have been taking Budeprion XL for 1 month now. It has changed my life. I am smoking less, have more energy and my sex drive is off the chart. I have never felt this great before in my life. It is a wonderful drug.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2009 7:35 AM

Review by moneymaker36:

For Bipolar Disorder: Medicine was supposed to curve my depression. All it did was spike my mania. My doctor did tell me this so beware if you have bipolar disorder and are in a manic phase this medicine could spike your mania making it worse.

April 23, 2009 6:32 PM

Review by brugbabe:

For Bipolar Disorder: When this generic was added to my large list of drugs (including one other anti depressant) I became the most mellow person in the world. Nothing upsets me. Everything moves along nicely. Feel a little disassociated with the world actually. BUT I QUIT SMOKING! So now I won't let them take it away.

March 7, 2009 6:28 PM

Review by kolljojm:

For Depression: This generic works very well for me. I switched to the generic because my insurance carrier recommended me to do so. I feel much better and I didn't even know I was depressed. Only thing is I have no energy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2009 4:42 PM

Review by unpretty:

For Depression: I've been feeling real down so my doctor told me to take budeprion. I feel much better, I'm happy and taking one step at a time. I can now get out of bed.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2009 4:53 PM

For Depression: I recently switched from Wellbutrin XL to the generic form Budeprion XL to save money. After several weeks I realized the medication wasn't working like Wellbutrin XL. I'm all for generics usually, but in this case, the generic drug doesn't work.

November 16, 2008 10:07 PM

For Seasonal Affective Disorder: I live in Northern New England. This medication has been a life saver for my S A D .

April 2, 2008 8:30 AM