User Reviews for Budeprion XL

Learn more about Budeprion XL.

Budeprion XL review summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Budeprion XL to treat Depression

Review by honeybadger (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for 8 years with little relief from other antidepressants and combinations (Zoloft, Lexapro, Lexapro & Lithium, Imipramine, Desipramine) and cognitive therapy. I became so sick of switching medications that I just pretended everything was okay until it was too much to bear. I've been on Budeprion XL for about a month now, increased from 150mg to 300mg. Other than a periodic rapid heart beat, some brief sleeping interruptions, and a tad bit of irritability, I can honestly say I'm starting to feel a bit better. I've got more energy than I've had in a long time as well. I would just recommend that if you're a heavy caffeine consumer, maybe cut back a bit to reduce some of the symptoms.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2013 10:22 AM

I have been using Budeprion for about 3 months and not only have I quit smoking, it has helped me in other ways mentally. I would not say that it makes me "happy" but it has given me such moments of clarity/enlightenment.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2011 11:25 AM

I have been on 200mg of buproprion xl for about 2 years and I can say that it has had a great effect on my life. First off, I quit smoking. The urge to smoke was like, GONE! My mood was great for about 1 1/2 yrs and I feel that this is a great medicine for most. I did gain weight on it and my appetite has actually INCREASED, so I guess I am one of the unlucky ones. I have noticed some withdrawal symptoms if I miss a dose, which is something else to consider. It has stopped being effective for me and I am concerned about raising my dosage due to the withdrawal symptoms I have experienced. I am constantly tired and lethargic and recently had a major depressive episode.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 6:57 PM

Review by Dianalb:

Currently on 10mg of Lexparo 1 x a day to help mellow out my anxiety and panic attacks associated with postpartum depression. Was extremely effective, but the effect started wearing off after 2 months. The drowsiness I experienced from the medication was also getting unbearable. Doctor prescribed 150 mg Wellbutrin XL 1 x a day to be used in combination with the 10mg Lexapro. The idea was that it would increase my feelings of well-being while counteracting the drowsiness. Stopped Wellbutrin after 2 days. I experienced anxiety, sleeplessness, bad headaches behind my eyes, nausea and sour stomach. Probably should have given it more time to kick in. Will stick to Lexapro and just drink more coffee.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2010 1:07 AM

I have been taking this generic for several years. It worked great. Now my pharmacy uses a different manufacturer every time I refill. What a difference. With the Watson brand I'd rate this a 10. I'm currently on the Activis brand and I would rate this a 0. All symptoms back. I found a few of the other brand and took them and felt great but now I'm back to this most recent refill and it's awful. All I can say is although there is supposedly the same ingredients not all generics are equal.

April 18, 2010 7:49 AM

Review by dudeman44:

Wasn't on this drug for very long, only about 2 months. I felt mildly stimulated, but got no great effects from it. No side effects either however. The reason for the high rating is that it destroys all pleasure of smoking for me, to the point that I don't want to smoke due to the fact I won't feel it. Also the only popular antidepressant I know that doesn't affect sex drive in a negative way like SSRIs.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2010 8:00 AM

What can I say this is a GREAT medicine! It was prescribed to me to prevent migraines and depression and it work wonders. I stopped getting migraines from 2-3 a week to maybe 1 a month, helped me improve my energy, sex drive and YES I lost about 25lbs in less then 3months LOVE IT. I would so recommended it to anyone.

August 18, 2009 2:46 PM

Review by mrdoolin:

I have been on bupropion for mild depression for many, many years. I switched to the 300XL recently, in order to only take it once a day. I had tried many other anti-depressants and found one overriding side effect - sexual problems. With the Budeprion XL, I have no such effects and the drug works very well.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2009 4:40 PM

Review by kolljojm:

This generic works very well for me. I switched to the generic because my insurance carrier recommended me to do so. I feel much better and I didn't even know I was depressed. Only thing is I have no energy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2009 4:42 PM

Review by unpretty:

I've been feeling real down so my doctor told me to take budeprion. I feel much better, I'm happy and taking one step at a time. I can now get out of bed.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2009 4:53 PM

I recently switched from Wellbutrin XL to the generic form Budeprion XL to save money. After several weeks I realized the medication wasn't working like Wellbutrin XL. I'm all for generics usually, but in this case, the generic drug doesn't work.

November 16, 2008 10:07 PM