User Reviews for Subutex

Learn more about Subutex.

Subutex Review Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Subutex to treat Opiate Dependence

"I have been on 12 mls of methadone for over a year so I give subutex a go, the first day I had 4mg and felt ok, not great but better then I expected. Day 2: 6mg I feel rough as hell, I want to cry all the time and it feels like I'm crawling out of my skin. Day 3: still feel bad does anyone know how long this will last my keyworker keeps saying I should not be worried but I know how I feel bad"

calli23 August 26, 2015

"Saved my life. Over 5 yrs clean, followed Drs orders and it's been a Godsend, also: tdp12345, if you are not feeling supported and able to get off of it right now than stay on it, who says you have to ween off quickly? This medication has been very successful as a long term treatment option for addiction just like people with diabetes take their insulin. My opinion is the positives of this miracle drug outweigh the risks of what could happen if you let your cravings take you to drugs again. Do what "YOU" have to do for "YOU". Don't listen to what others think. Find a good doctor who cares and stay on a treatment that works for you. God Bless."

Savedmylife June 19, 2015

"It is a wonder drug for me it saved my life. It is so worth taking if you use as doctor tells you and finish the program. And must have the will to stop opiates."

god send June 14, 2015

"I've been on subutex for 5 years. I am now being tappered. I've been tappered 1 whole tablet in less then a month. I am trying my best to take care of my newborn and toddler. I have nobody at ALL that will help me with them so that I can come off. That's making me have panic attack, severe depression, and anxiety. Does anybody have any helpful advice."

tdp12345 March 6, 2015

"It has helped me out tremendous."

gbuchanan February 21, 2015

"I'm 26 and from Scotland and I was addicted to heroin. Luckily at the age of 17 I was told about Subutex by my councillor. I had been on a methadone prescription but was left without a chemist. So this left me back on heroin. I never liked methadone as it gave me a similar feeling of heroin the drowsiness, brain fog, bad memory, no appetite. My councilor put me on Subutex I was so gratefull she was so lovely about my situation not having a chemist she met me every day to give it at my home. Not sure if she was meant to do that but she showed belief in me. I started of at 16mg and I instantly stopped using. I've been clean for 9 years now. I receive 2mg suboxone & 4x 0.4mg Subutex daily. I hope to tapper off completely."

bridget0135 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2015

"I was addicted to Heroin for almost three years. I tried everything from Suboxone to methadone to tapering and even cold turkey but Subutex was the only thing that worked. Subutex has truly saved my life."

markimarki (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

"After 10 years of taking OXY-HYDROCODONE for pain for a condition that I still have and they still prescribe me this meds, but since I have been taking them for so long us the users taking them legally or not after a while our body gets immune to them that the dose that the doc says to take every 4-6 hrs it doesn't have the same effect anymore so what do we do we take more. So as the year was coming to an end I decided to start the new one opiate free so here I am I haven't taken any opiates this year and I feel good, different it's been so long that I forgot what a normal life feels like but to tell you the truth I feel awesome and it's all because I decided to take Subutex to end this once and for all and it's doing a good job...magic pill."

itzaloc (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2015

"Subutex saved my life hands down. I was an out of control opiate addict before I finally admitted my problem to my doctor. I was put on a Suboxone first, but had negative reactions to the naloxone in it (rashes and swelling). The Subutex was more effective too. I had to stop taking it cold turkey when I got pregnant and suffered some pretty rough withdrawals symptoms (nothing as bad as detoxing from oxycodone though). A few months ago I was diagnosed with a kidney stone and was prescribed opiates to treat the excruciating pain. I immediately started abusing them and found myself back in the clutches of addiction. I just got back on Subutex today. I'm so thankful for this medication. I know I can regain control of my life again!"

PastAddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2014

"This medication is God send. I have been an opiate addict for over 10 years. I have tried Methadone, Suboxone, being totally sober (which caused me to go insane as well as suicidal). I truly have hope for my future now and after about 14 years of searching to just feel "normal" I finally do. Within two weeks of getting my dosage correct my parents and friends could see a MAJOR difference in me, my attitude towards life, my appearance, my motivation and overall happiness."

SubutexSAVEDmyLIFE September 27, 2014

"After 5 years on pain pills, 4 years injecting heroin, 2 years clean then a month long relapse, I went on the methadone clinic for 7 years. I never felt right, I'd feel dopesick by 10 pm (12 hours after 300 mg dose of methadone) I gained 100 pounds, had profuse sweating. The methadone clinic I went to wouldn't give me take homes due to my other scripts. So NO VACATION, standing in line at the clinic on Christmas morning. It sucked! So I was telling my Dr. Who just so happened to have a Subutex clinic. I went through the horrifying detox but am grateful I did. I feel free from the daily run to get dope or methadone. I have a monthly prescription and it feels like a life time ago that I went through all that. I have my life back."

Kaylee74 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2014

"In 2010, what started as some needed relief for back pain, the FL Pill Mill took me for a ride which almost cost me my life. Being prescribed 120 30mg Oxy/month to 15 months later being at 240 30mg Oxy and 90 40mg Opana ER. The damage I caused my family in that brief period was substantial, but the damage I did to myself was enormous. One day, looking in the mirror, I was scared into reality. How had I gone from 276lbs to 204lbs in 9 months? At that precise moment, I called a Subutex Dr and 48hrs later, in withdrawals I started Subutex. What transpired over the next 9 months was nothing short of a rebirth. In Jan 2012, I took my last 0.75mg dose of Subutex and with it, I flushed 690mg of Oxy and 360mg of Opana, left over from the day I started Subutex!"

Stepaside11 March 17, 2014

"Day 5 off Subutex after a quick 2 week detox. Day 3 was the worst upset stomach, aching legs and the lack of sleep but that's about it, nothing to be scared about it's all cope able, hot baths and paracetamol. Just don't listen to the horror stories, if done correctly it's doable. Good luck."

Archie 19 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2013

"If this medicine is used correctly it can save your life! I have been on the medicine about 2 years. Night and day from what I once was to what I am now! I used medicines (all of them) for 15 years. Now I have been medicine free for as long as I been on this medicine. I know it only treats opiate use but for whatever reason it has helped me through it all. This medicine has without a doubt saved my life. I went from never having anything to now new truck, nice house, and most importantly my kids have a life I always dreamed of. Just thought I should share."

Reddd August 19, 2013

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I`ve had an on off relationship with opiates for many years now, my addictive personality has completely taken over my life and I'm out of control since my mother died but I chose to get it back by taking Subutex. I get no euphoria, I get nothing except a feeling of normality, but now I'm extremely worried reading about others experiences of trying to get off of the medicine. I did a methadone program once and tapered off, I was free from opiates for many years until quite recently, my Doctor told me the Subutex would be better and easier to get off than Methadone. I hope this is the case, I've been on the Subutex for 3 months now. At first I took 24mg a day, now I take between 12 and 16mg a day, depending on how I feel."

Mickey1975w (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2013

"Prior to Subutex, I was taking Norco 80mg every 3 hours while awake. I eventually told my doc & he put me on Subutex 8mg 3 times a day. I had NO withdrawal symptoms when I switched. One day, done. I had been taking the Subutex for over a year with some annoying side effects.. sweating & restless sleeping. One day..on my own without my docs approval..I just stopped taking the Subutex & decided I was done..well a little over 24 hrs later I went through the roof! I realized this was a mistake. It was over the weekend so my husband ended up taking me to the emergency department to explain to the doctor. I then started A tapper schedule. All in all..it was really HARD to get off Subutex, the symptoms were horrible & lasted weeks."

Dutchgirl69 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Great treatment for addiction to opiates."

bougjen (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2013

"Been on oxy, roxy, morphine, etc., all for 19 years. Subutex works to help quit."

babyleg (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2013

"I've been blessed to find my Doctor. He offers much more than just one condition he could treat me with several issues on stopping my cycle of addiction. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2012

"I absolutely love this medicine. It helped my back pain and increased my mood. I have been on the 2 mg for about 6 months and finally after breaking the last three in half for four days (1 mg) I have gone cold turkey. WOW first day is okay, second and third are the killers, no motivation, no sleep, however on the 4th day I was feeling better and saw my doctor on the 5th day. He was expecting me to beg for more, but I turned him down, I wanted off the ride for good. He was so proud which made me feel better. I am now back at work and it is HARD but I am making it. Really folks get the 2 mg and break them into half's, and then half those till you are out... Within 5 days you will be FINE."

bcp666 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Suboxone/Subutex has saved my life. After five years of opiate addiction, this medicine has set me free. I feel contempt with life and normal, for once. Buprenorphine is truly a miracle and life saver. If you want to get clean, and you can find a doctor that truly wants to help you and understands addiction, there's nothing standing in your way. It is expensive without insurance, but it is worth it. I take 16mg of the Suboxone films a day, and I have not had a craving since I started taking them. If you want to get clean, this is the best way to begin that process."

basshead354 April 20, 2012

"I suffered with chronic pain for 10 years. Used fentynal pain patches and codeine number 4. Did very well until the heat and my hormones made the patch secrete crazy ways, making me sick for about 9 months. I wanted off these patches and was referred to great doctors, and started the Subutex 8 mg and have been a new person since it began. I did have to increase one half pill after about 6 months, does your body get used to the Subutex, or is my body changing? I'm also menopausal, depressed and Subutex seems to help with these issues also. "

painshmane April 19, 2012

"I started taking pain meds after having many, many operations. I was on pain meds for years, from 1996-2005. I was up to 140mg's of methadone and (5) 30 mg roxicodone for breakthrough pain a day. I was tired of taking this stuff. I got down to 5 mg's of methadone a day and quit. I was miserable! I went through serious withdrawals! I called a doc in town told him my story and he put me on subutex. That was the beginning of 2005 and I am still on it today and I never touched another pain pill since. It woks for both cravings and for pain help too. Although it is not as good as the others for pain relief it works well enough and I'm happy for it."

JL1964 February 13, 2012

"I am currently on Subutex and have been for almost 2 years. Like many others have said it is a great medicine to be on if you really want to quit your habits. It can be a long process for some and for others it may take not long at all. Some people use it for pain management. But I myself have done good on this medicine. It's been such a long road for me like I'm sure it has for the rest of you. I am now finally getting down to such a low amount and soon should be free from Subutex. I know my addiction will always be there but with the right help I can stay clean!"

Lifes worth living January 27, 2012

"I recently switched from Suboxone to Subutex, and I could not have been more grateful for my doctor allowing the change. I never felt "good" on Suboxone, I always had a headache, I was always sick to my stomach, and I felt I couldn't do anything until I took my dose. Now, with Subutex, I actually feel GOOD. I have energy, I have a desire to go out and live again, rather than just exist from dose to dose of that awful citrus taste. I also see myself not needing as large of an amount in order to keep me feeling alright. I am so thankful for Subutex. "

Comingbacktolife January 15, 2012

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next