Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Buprenorphine

Also known as: Buprenex, Butrans, Subutex

Learn more about Buprenorphine.

Opiate Dependence 62 reviews 6 medications

9.4
Chronic Pain 29 reviews 102 medications

8.2
Pain 45 reviews 908 medications

Summary of Buprenorphine reviews 136 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Buprenorphine

Review by rayleneroyston (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: Butrans has been a lifesaver for me. Without it I cant move.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 12:53 AM
Review by Stepaside11: User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: In 2010, what started as some needed relief for back pain, the FL Pill Mill took me for a ride which almost cost me my life. Being prescribed 120 30mg Oxy/month to 15 months later being at 240 30mg Oxy and 90 40mg Opana ER. The damage I caused my family in that brief period was substantial, but the damage I did to myself was enormous. One day, looking in the mirror, I was scared into reality. How had I gone from 276lbs to 204lbs in 9 months? At that precise moment, I called a Subutex Dr and 48hrs later, in withdrawals I started Subutex. What transpired over the next 9 months was nothing short of a rebirth. In Jan 2012, I took my last 0.75mg dose of Subutex and with it, I flushed 690mg of Oxy and 360mg of Opana, left over from the day I started Subutex!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2014 11:09 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: Wow! For me this medicine is very effective. It only took 2 days for me to feel different. Seems that I'm always having this ache or that ache, but this is just unbelievable. If you are DIABETIC, I found that my blood sugar increased quite a bit.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2014 9:25 AM
Review by Fyl of Riverside (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Pain: I have been on pain medicines since 1987 and an injury. I went through it all the way up to Lorcet. Then when they found out I had a liver condition, they switched me over to Butrans. About 30 minutes after taking it, I was out of pain, but I was also in a newer state of mind. On my previous pain killers, I assumed they were working. But with Butrans, once it hit me, I was VERY aware of being on a narcotic. NO pain and a nice buzz on the side. Thank You to Butrans.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2014 7:05 PM
Review by Happy man (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Pain: Had back surgery in 2000. 3 rods 6 screws and bone put in L4 L5 S1. Had severe pain for 12 years. No sleep, ( 3 1/2 to 5 hours a night). No energy, seldom in good mood because of the pain. Sometimes down for 3 weeks at a time. Began Butrans 10 mcg last year and man what a difference. First week was getting 7 hours sleep and pain level went from 10 to 1 or 2. Has been that way for the last 11 months. Now getting blisters and rash at application site. Going to doctor this week. Hope he doesn't take me off. Really not looking forward to the return of a painful life.

March 8, 2014 10:26 PM
Review by Tia the dancer: User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: I've suffered from nerve damage for 10 years. I've taken most all the medications prescribed for pain. I've always needed to up my dose after short periods of time. I finally got tired of it not being able to function because the amount need to take the pain away would make me loopy or high. So I was put on methadone. Took that for 6 years still needing to up my dose 1-2 times a year. At end I was taking 12 pills a day. Found a doctor who suggested Subutex. I now have been on Subutex for 1 1/2 years not needing to raise my dose. I'm taking 20 mg or 2 1/2 pills a day compared to 12 pills a day. Insurance fights me every 6 months saying it's only for addicts. I submit extra paperwork from my doctor. It's quite expensive too but worth it.

February 23, 2014 9:40 PM
Review by Candacewi5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: I have had chronic low back pain for 3 years. I have tried 30 injections, spinal cord stimulator, PT, oral meds, tens unit, etc. The Butrans patch is the 1st time I have had consistent relief ever! My pain without medicines is 8-9. I have pinched nerves that give me pain down both legs. I tried the 5,10, & 20 patch. All dosages lost effectiveness at the 5 day mark leaving me 2.5 days without relief. We finally found a 20mcg patch changed every 5 days is the magic dose. My pain levels stay between a 3 to 5. I have my life back and the only side effects I have is drowsiness. I sleep 4 or 5 hours a day plus a full night sleep!

January 9, 2014 5:00 PM
Review by Maximus222: User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Pain: After a my injury turned from acute to chronic my Dr. prescribed 10mcg patch. I was very skeptical since a patch seems very non-traditional but I gotta say it worked terrific. You put the patch on once a week and forget about pain/pills till the next week. So effective and convenient that multiple times I have forgotten to change it after a week. Only downside is no hot tub/baths and no direct sunbathing, a bummer when you live on the CA coast! Also no tolerance issues, was on same dose with same results for 2years.

December 3, 2013 8:10 PM
Review by Love having my life back!! (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: Butrans 20mg gave me my life back. The side effect's are nothing compared to how I feel now being on this patch. Don't have the drowsy side effects that all the pills give a person. Now every so often I get what the doctor calls break through pain, then I take pills, Norco, Metaxalone, Indomethacin etc. Honestly I take a Indomethacin every night before bedtime, love those also. All I know is before the patches I was on the couch all day every day.

November 14, 2013 8:13 PM
Review by snerd2123 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: Have been on Percocet about twenty years, chronic low back and neck pain, leg pain, arthritis, bulging discs, impinged nerves. I have just learned to deal with it. A new dr gave me butans and put on patch last night, felt immediate rush, same feeling have gotten when have gotten iv morphine at hospital, worried it dispensed all the drug at once?? But I slept pain free for first time in about 25 yrs and Im at work now...have not yet started my day but I noticed I got in and out of car easily and walked to building without much pain for the first time ever...I am hoping it doesnt wear off quickly and have concerns it will eventually stop working. In 2007 was on fentynyl patch for several years, it stopped working over time

November 13, 2013 2:05 PM
Review by darren68: User Rating:

buprenorphine for Opiate Dependence: Up until just a week ago I was taking 20 x 12/500 over the counter painkillers every morning in one go! I've been addicted to codeine for about 10 years..I woke up one morning and decided to call my doctor and finally admit to my addiction..she referred me to my local support agency. The doctor there put me on one daily 8Mg buprenorphine tablet. I haven't looked back since. Although they do make you drowsy and a bit nauseas it soon wears off. If you are fed up of the embarrassment of forever finding a chemist to buy your painkillers then bite the bullet and get help, honestly you'll never look back! Good luck

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 4, 2013 2:18 AM
Review by Manda78 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

buprenorphine for Opiate Dependence: I have been clean for 20 months now. Before taking Subutex, I could not get clean, I tried for 15 years even having 2 sets of implants with no success. I thought this program was for people who did not want to get off heroin. I was so wrong. I am now at 2.6mg from 24mg and I have never been happier or more content with my life. Being on such a low dose, I do wake up some mornings with a backache and pains in my legs and a clammy throat and sneezing and a general unwell feeling. But this all goes away within minutes of coming back from the chemist daily. The feelings of sickness I experience, are not even close to that of withdrawing from heroin without this program. Don't take a second thought about Subutex, I highly recommend its success.

October 9, 2013 10:19 PM
Review by Archie 19 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: Day 5 off Subutex after a quick 2 week detox. Day 3 was the worst upset stomach, aching legs and the lack of sleep but that's about it, nothing to be scared about it's all cope able, hot baths and paracetamol. Just don't listen to the horror stories, if done correctly it's doable. Good luck.

October 2, 2013 2:22 AM
Review by Lolasmomma: User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: I loved this at first. Was able to leave on for the full 7 days. The longer I left it on my skin started to itch. Now, still trying to use it, because it works so well, only can leave on for about 3 days before my skin is totally broke out. I am so disappointed because I'd rather not take pills.

September 11, 2013 3:26 PM
Review by Krobo72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

buprenorphine for Pain: Use BUPRENORPHINE for atypical trigeminal neuralgia and the usual anticonvulsants regime (Trileptal, gabapentin, etc.) and pain is 1-2. For six years and four surgeries and an average pain of 7-8, BUPRENORPHINE is a miracle.

August 23, 2013 2:09 PM
Review by squidley (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: Chronic back pain after a motor cycle accident years ago. A couple of months ago started out on 5 mg then 10 then 15 now 20 mg and its not offering much relief at all. Doctor says it should be helping he doesn't believe its not so stalemate.

August 21, 2013 9:25 AM
Review by Reddd: User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: If this medicine is used correctly it can save your life! I have been on the medicine about 2 years. Night and day from what I once was to what I am now! I used medicines (all of them) for 15 years. Now I have been medicine free for as long as I been on this medicine. I know it only treats opiate use but for whatever reason it has helped me through it all. This medicine has without a doubt saved my life. I went from never having anything to now new truck, nice house, and most importantly my kids have a life I always dreamed of. Just thought I should share.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 19, 2013 11:30 AM
Review by MissyCT824 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: For the last 7 years I've had cronic lower back pain due to L4-L5, L5-S1 bulg disc's and Arthritis. I'm only 30 years old. I've have 12 Epidural injections that gave me no Relief. Seen over 12 back /pain doctors and was told PT and NSAID's would be the way to go. All the doctors where wrong. I was in pain day and night. It never got better and kept me from having a normal life with my family. I have two girls ages 6, 14. My PA Told me to find a pain management center. For the next month I lived in pain. The pain was so bad some days. I finally got into a pain DR. They started me on Butran 10mg patch and Percocets 7.5/325, it's changed my LIFE! I'm pain free for the first time in 7 yr's. Patch works in 3 days!

July 27, 2013 11:48 PM
Review by dogpaula (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Pain: When the doctor gave me these patches I had a a "yeah right" attitude. I am stunned! I applied the first patch and 3 days later I had significant pain relief! I just applied my 2nd patch and I am able to resume doing a lot of things I haven't done in years. I had side effects at first, sleepiness, shakiness, and severe nausea but they passed within the first week. I am amazed and pleased at the effectiveness of these patches.

July 6, 2013 12:38 PM
Review by Mickey1975w (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Opiate Dependence: I`ve had an on off relationship with opiates for many years now, my addictive personality has completely taken over my life and I'm out of control since my mother died but I chose to get it back by taking Subutex. I get no euphoria, I get nothing except a feeling of normality, but now I'm extremely worried reading about others experiences of trying to get off of the medicine. I did a methadone program once and tapered off, I was free from opiates for many years until quite recently, my Doctor told me the Subutex would be better and easier to get off than Methadone. I hope this is the case, I've been on the Subutex for 3 months now. At first I took 24mg a day, now I take between 12 and 16mg a day, depending on how I feel.

July 2, 2013 4:34 PM
Review by clean"n"free#almost (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

buprenorphine for Opiate Dependence: In a hole, have nothing or no one, that was me. On a plan with this and changing my life, if you want to change you can. This can help, you have to find it in yourself first though, great tool.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 1, 2013 8:51 PM
Review by Shon3434 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: Back surgery

June 14, 2013 1:02 AM
Review by FaithAnn35 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

buprenorphine for Opiate Dependence: I have been on Subutex for almost 3 months now. My doctor started me on 8mg, then 12mg, and finally 16mg to control withdrawals from opiates. I got hooked on opiates due to chronic pain. Before I decided to get clean, I was taking 3-4 Norco 10s every 2-4 hours. If I didn't have the Norco I'd take 60mg oxycodone, 40mg of morphine, or really any opiate I could get my hands on. I feel normal for the first time in over 15 years. If you're serious about detox find a Subutex program!

June 10, 2013 9:28 PM
Review by ErikaRob6: User Rating:

Butrans (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: I've had 2 surgeries, nerve stimulant, injections, nerve burns, Physical Therapy, chiro, acupuncture, and every medicine made. With 4 kids, I have to be able to drive, think and function. I have severe sciatica, hip & back pain. I am bone on bone with a rupture at L3/L4 and after the failed nerve stimulation my only option is fusion from L3 to S1 - NOT an option. I started Butrans about 6 months ago on 10 and moved to 20. I change every 5 days - my doctor wrote it that way - it wears off after 5. My pain breaks through some - but I have Norco which is less effective on the patch. It has to be put on carefully, precisely, & it itches, creates a slight rash and it occasionally comes off but I can't live without it. I don't feel high, I just feel relief.

June 1, 2013 11:17 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Subutex (buprenorphine) for Chronic Pain: I've taken numerous medications on the chronic pain control list and I have found this one to be the best at overall pain control with only one dose per day required. It works a little differently than other narcotic pain medicines. While it is relatively new in the United States for pain control, it has been used in Europe for pain treatment for many years. I have also found the normal effects you would normally expect from narcotics like euphoria, dizziness, and light-headedness are just not as pronounced which has really given me a lot of my activities back. While no medicine will ever stop pain 100% this medication has been a life changer for me.

June 1, 2013 3:06 AM