User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"Hydrocodone ruled my life for the past 6 years. I started Suboxone treatment with 8mg dose 30 days ago. The medicine works great for avoiding the major Norco withdrawal that I was so terrified of. Half a day ago I quit cold turkey off of 2mg Suboxone. The withdrawal was still pretty bad but not nearly as bad as the Norco. Good luck out there everybody. It is possible to live opiate free."

backstabber August 21, 2011

"I had total knee replacement in 2010 and need one in my left knee too and was convinced I could not stop taking Percocet because of pain. My addiction was full blown and I was taking up to 10 pills a day. Suboxone helped me end the nightmare. I weaned down from 8mg to 2mg in 5 months. This is my third day off of 2mg and I feel some symptoms but I know it won't last. I learned to exercise with the Suboxone and take care of my body. Be strong and take care."

Anonymous August 13, 2011

"If used as directed this medication works great. I have been taking the 8mg/2 mg 3 x a day for over 4 years and never had any problems. It works great for withdrawal and maintenance."

john-narducci August 6, 2011

"This medicine has got me off herion after a 10 year battle. I am clean and have been clean since taking it. Who cares what people say if you are an addict get on Suboxone. "

Anonymous August 5, 2011

"Day One. Since I had my son, via c-section, 4 years ago, I have been addicted to pain pills. What started out as something to take away my pain, turned into a full blown addiction. At my worst I was taking about 60mg/day worth of pain pills, and today I started Suboxone. Since it is my first day, I can't say it has changed my life, but for right now, I can say I do feel better. It did take away the cravings and withdrawal symptoms, but I think it is too soon to say how long this will last. I hope this will help to rid myself of this nasty opiate addiction."

NotQuiteSober July 31, 2011

"I take Suboxone for opiate dependence. I spent 3 long years addicted to pain medication .. where I was going to get my next fix is all I could think of. Opiates destroyed my life. I went to my doctor and told him everything and he suggested that I start Suboxone therapy. That was the best day of my life! Virtually overnight I felt like I had never taken pain medicines in my life. I felt like myself again. This medication is AMAZING ...it CAN and WILL save your life."

Anonymous July 28, 2011

"Suboxone has proved to save my life as well as many others! I have been on the Suboxone treatment program going on a year, before I started this program I was a regular user of opioids (of any kind and/or quantity). When first starting Suboxone I found I had no withdrawal symptoms when taken as my doctor prescribed. Throughout my treatment program, weekly and daily support as well as monthly check-ups with my doctor have been very beneficial! Life has it's ups and downs as always, but I no longer have to use because of them. I have not used opioids since I started this program. Thanks to Suboxone I have my life back, in full."

Dillingerescapeplan July 5, 2011

"I was in a horrible car accident, and the Doctor in ER prescribed me Oxycontin. This medication helped the pain in my back but, it came with a price. After about a year, my dose kept going up, and up, and up because my body would get used to the dose and it would never be enough. Pretty soon, I found myself wanting to take any opiates. For example, oxycodone, anything with codeine in it, morphine. I didn't realize how fast my dependency to opiates became my life. So, finally, I was prescribed Methadone. It worked out great in the beginning. Then I found myself wanting that, "high". So I would take an opiate on top of it. Finally, I am on Suboxone. It doesn't give you that high! I don't "Need", anything else!! Thanks!"

Amber Foster July 3, 2011

"I want to thank everyone for posting their experiences on this site. While I have been reading everyone's posts for weeks, I have never shared. I abused perks and morphine for over 5 years. I finally got the strength to find a doctor that is certified to prescribe Suboxone about 2 weeks ago. Appointment was yesterday at 7:30 AM, a few hours before I would be in full blown withdrawal. I took My first dose at 5:30 PM and in less than an hour felt like a new person. It took away all my withdrawal symptoms without making me feel groggy. It has only been a day, but I feel hope. I can't remember the last time I felt hope."

Sand325 June 29, 2011

"I was a Roxy (heroin) abuser for 2 yrs. Made several attempts to quit cold turkey with NO luck and HELLACIOUS withdrawals. Desperate I did some research, made an appointment with local doctor and was inducted today at 15mg. Some helpful/honest things I can share are...GOOD: I feel amazing, shocked that it really works, zero cravings, but mostly happy I'm no longer a slave to Roxy's! BAD: Not sure if my doctor shares same plan I have for wanting to ween off in 6-8 wks. No insurance and my doctor charges $500/month fee, plus taking (2) 8mg pills/day @ $16=$980/mo. Wish there was cheaper way but obviously compared to what I was spending I am saving money and most importantly MY LIFE."

SeasTheDay June 14, 2011

"I have found that taking this medicine for 3 years, it has helped me move mountains to help myself. I do experience very few side effects. Constipation is the only side effect I experience on a regular basis and with that said, I would much rather deal with a little constipation than still be buying pills off the street, and being unhealthy. I have recommended it to every person I know with drug addiction. The few that were ready to stop have also sang its praises to me and any one they recommended it to. Even with the word of mouth, it has helped so many people in my community. "

Lu-Lu June 10, 2011

"Helps immensely for the pain of withdrawals."

Anonymous June 9, 2011

"I just wanted to say that for the past 7 years I have been addicted to oxy's and morphine and a lot of it. I started taking Suboxone 4 months ago after long deliberation. I also didn't believe that I could come off the drugs and not experience the withdrawal we all have come to know and hate so much but I did give it a chance and it has been the best decision that I've made for myself in a very long time. I would recommend this medicine to anyone and everyone who suffers from opiate addiction but wishes to have their life back."

DREML June 7, 2011

"There's no doubt that Suboxone is a miracle. It's not as effective as methadone when one is addicted to high doses of strong drugs (e.g. heroin, not Vicodin), but it's a lot safer and can be prescribed in a doctor's office, without the trouble of going to a methadone clinic at 6:00 AM every day and having to do four hours of therapy a week, precluding any possibility of working any proper job, and sadly is stigmatized. I'd be destitute, homeless, and probably in jail or dead today if not for Suboxone: I had a habit of 1-2 bundles/day. Failed "traditional treatment" (residential/steps) three times prior. Now I've been clean/sober from everything except tobacco for 2yrs/11months."

KFbY May 6, 2011

"I was at the end of my rope I had come to the point where I hated getting high. The only reason I used was to take away the physical pain. So yes I agree Suboxone IS a miracle medicine. "

James711 April 5, 2011

"I'm on 10 months in Suboxone program. I've weaned down from 2 x 2/8mg strips/day, to 1.5/day. Recently I went to 1 and 1/4 a day, and tried for 1 and 1/8 per day. That proved to be way to fast, and I was in bad withdrawal at work. I'm back to 1 and 1/4 for now. Doctor office scheduled me for 5 days AFTER script ran out. So I had to wean just so I wouldn't go without. My Doctor required that I see a psychologist, and psychiatrist. The CBT therapy is saving my life. I've learned why I abused these pills, and am learning how to cope without. I want off, but patience is a must. Suboxone is great, don't let others judge you. If your on it, you've taken an important step. Good Luck!"

peteszy April 3, 2011

"Iam in remission from Stage Four Esophegial Cancer and was given every pain pill under the sun. They said there would be no problem coming off of them so long as I didn't abuse them. Well I can say this I took the least amount of pain medicines to function and my body still was physically addicted to them even though mentally I didn't crave them. It has been two days now since I started taking Suboxone and I just dumped the liquid oxycodone down the sink. No withdrawals at all, no sweating, no vomiting. Nothing but blue skies. I was skeptical of this for three months what a waist of time. I wish all doctors could prescribe this then it wouldn't have taken me three months to work through a resentment at the only doctor in the area that could prescribe it."

Smellie March 30, 2011

"I have been on Oxycontin and methadone (whenever I ran out of Oxycontin) for about six years. At first it was prescribed and helped chronic back pain, then I started taking more and more and eventually went through the 30 day script in ten days, so began buying off the streets. I finally had enough of spending all my money and time looking for hillbilly heroin. Started Suboxone films four days ago. For me the first day was bad (withdrawals) but each day is getting better and better. Too all in the same situation hang in there and get a good doctor."

Anonymous March 26, 2011

"I found Suboxone to be a miracle. It saved my life. Finally someone figured it out. Thank You."

Dani-32 March 15, 2011

"I have been taking Suboxone for 3-1/2 years. I went from 2 8mg tabs to 1 on my own without the request of my doctor. It just felt right. Now I am down to half a tablet. I could never have done such a thing with methadone. If I tried a lower dose I would have withdrawal. It had me in a big way. Freedom is right around the corner for me and can't thank my wife and kids and Suboxone enough."

Me-again March 14, 2011

"I was prescribed Lortabs and Soma for a year after a wreck, I couldn't function without them. I was given Suboxone and after day 2 I had no urge for the drugs. I guess it varies from person to person but it really worked for me."

freenow2011 March 10, 2011

"I will say that Suboxone did help me get off pain killers. I was addicted to oxy's for 3 years, taking over 25 a day. And the day I started Suboxone it helped from the start. I didn't have any withdrawals or nothing. "

kitkatkatie13 March 10, 2011

"I started taking Suboxone about five months ago. I was in awful shape from doing every pain pill imaginable. I found a great doctor who was so strict to guide me in the right direction. I have never been over 8 mg, I wanted to stay low. The main thing with this medicine is that it can be a miracle for a person who really wants to turn their life around or it can be something to hold you over. I chose to turn my life around. I go to a therapist every other week and meetings four times a week. I love my new life and thanks so much to Suboxone. I won't be on it forever but regardless of how much it cost its a lot cheaper than being in active addiction."

jennifer070 March 2, 2011

"The best medicine to help quit opiates. It's the Nicorette for opiate addiction."

Anonymous February 24, 2011

"I took it for one week. No withdrawals at all zero. Have not taken anything in 2 weeks and have gotten my life back. No cravings nothing. Just take it and get your life back!"

freenow February 23, 2011