User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by mac41: User Rating:

I was addicted to opiate painkillers for 5 years. I thought I had no hope. I bottomed out after 5 years of doing practically nothing but looking for drugs. I went into detox and a methadone program for 7 days. I started an out patient program as soon as I got out but as soon as my last dose of methadone wore off I was back climbing the walls. I really thought Suboxone was going to be my last hope. I could not see myself living much longer either using or going through withdrawal. I had to wait a couple weeks to get in a Suboxone program and the withdrawal was so bad my counselor told me to use! I did get on Suboxone 32mg a day felt great immediately like the same day. On 16mg still today and clean.

August 4, 2010 2:53 PM
Review by WyattU: User Rating:

I had been addicted to opiates for about 3 years. Starting by taking Vicodin/Percocet, then getting into the high mg morphine and oxy's all the way to fentanyl. My life revolved around drugs, I didn't think about anything besides drugs. This is my 3rd day on Suboxone and I don't think about other drugs at all. It makes me feel just fine. It probably saved my life.

July 26, 2010 8:37 PM
Review by was shaky, now sure: User Rating:

I have had an opiate addiction for 5 years. Major back disc problems. Some surgery. But I needed more and more to function. I decided for my family and myself it was time to quit. I needed to stop chasing for drugs when my script ran out. I went 24 hours without Oxycodone and it was bad but I started Suboxone today. I needed two 8mg pills to start and all the withdrawal went away. Amazing. I hope not to be on it too long. My Doctor said 6 months possibly but I think it will be a lot less. I want to be off everything. Right now I feel great!

July 20, 2010 5:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This is my second day on Suboxone and IT IS A MIRACLE DRUG! I was taking 2 x 80 mg Oxycontin a day and about 10-15 Vicodins a day. My doctor said that all I needed to do was go home, go to bed and when I woke up I could take the Suboxone in 8 hours. I woke up took the Suboxone and within about 10 minutes my cravings for any other pills were completely gone. I wish I would have started this 2 years ago when my addiction became out of hand. There is NO need to drive around looking for your next fix anymore, get on Suboxone and get your life back like I did!

July 16, 2010 10:09 AM
Review by twrightotr: User Rating:

Using it for pain - I had suffered from daily lumbar and leg pain for over 2 years. Suboxone has been the only medication I have been on that both reduces my pain and has no severe side effects. It has greatly increased my quality of life.

July 6, 2010 8:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was addicted to all forms of drugs for 9 years, but my main problem was with the opiates; pain pills, heroin, even opium occasionally. It was seriously ruining my life and was creating more and more problems every day. When I turned 20 I knew I had to make a change or else face death or jail. I was put on Suboxone 8mg 2x a day and my world went from very dark to something that was manageable. Within weeks I was a totally different person, even enrolling to get my high school diploma (I had dropped out in 10th grade). I have been on Suboxone for almost two years and people always tell me that I am just unrecognizable compared to who I was a couple of years ago. I've been slowly weaning down and I am now at one 8mg pill a day. It was a blessing!

July 2, 2010 12:27 AM
Review by blue rain: User Rating:

I was born an addict. I remember drinking at 8 years old. Oh I would go years staying clean, but on the inside I was craving drugs everyday. I have used almost every drug there is. I have a husband that is in the Army and 4 beautiful kids. I had a serious obsession with pain pills. I would take anything I could get my hands on. I wanted to die, the withdrawals were enough to keep me using to feel normal. I was about to lose everything. Finally I went to a doctor and was put on Suboxone, that was over two years ago. I am still clean, and do believe Suboxone is a miracle pill. Life is still hard, we still have struggles, but the Suboxone changed my life. Now I get to enjoy my children. I want to stay clean for them and me.

June 25, 2010 12:57 PM
Review by firefighterwif2: User Rating:

Over a 5 year period... I started using regular Hydrocodone (Loratabs, Loracets, etc...) and realized if I bought Oxycodone (Oxycontin) it would be cheaper because of how high my tolerance became in such a short period of time. That did not work. I was up to three 80 mg Oxycontin a day, and was not getting high. It was taking that much for me to become "normal." I had nothing but a $300 a day habit. Suboxone is the route I chose, and I have never looked back. Suboxone is a treatment plan that you follow and are tapered off the medicine, so you can be drug-free. It has saved my life! I recommend Suboxone to anyone. My success stories are endless! However, you MUST follow the treatment plan!

June 21, 2010 9:43 PM
Review by wentling: User Rating:

Awesome.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2010 12:29 PM
Review by Mom with new life!!: User Rating:

I am a 38 year old mother of a 3 year old son. I've been an addict since I was about 12...went from pot to occasional alcohol and coke to heroin addiction. I managed to still graduate college...then I lost all control after being diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia as well as chronic pain from back surgery due to a herniated disc. I convinced myself I needed the fentanyl patches, the Vicodins, and finally the heroin too to deal with my pain. Problem was, I was still numb on the inside. I have been on Suboxone for almost 2 weeks and already I feel 100% normal again. I go to meetings too, but I can tolerate the "aches" that the Suboxone doesn't get rid of, since it has saved my sanity. Wish they had this 15 years ago!

June 15, 2010 10:45 PM
Review by subashb: User Rating:

I had a major addiction problem to many kinds of pain medicines for almost 3 years. I did a lot of oxycodones everyday and any other pain medicine I could get a hold of. I'll admit I loved the high but I hated not being able to get out of bed in the morning. I was so depressed everyday all I wanted was to just feel normal again. I have a beautiful 3 year old little boy who is my whole world. Although it took me some time I finally checking into rehab about a year ago. From there they prescribed me to Suboxone 2 x 8mg tablets daily. I am still currently on Suboxone beginning to wean down. Thanks to Suboxone I regained my life back and now I have many more years to look forward to with my son. Suboxone is the greatest thing for any opiate dependent person.

June 8, 2010 8:16 PM
Review by MissA14: User Rating:

I have been taking Suboxone for about 2 and a half years for chronic pain that has multiple causes, including Fibromyalgia, neuropathy/neuralgia and arthritis. Suboxone is TERRIFIC! I have had more consistent relief than from when I took Oxycontin plus Oxycodone, Vicodin, etc. I have virtually no side effects, and I completely credit Suboxone for my return to work after about 2 years of being disabled. There are only 2 downsides I have experienced that potential users will want to be aware of. New, acute pain, such as a sprain or injury is not "covered" by Suboxone. I've also had an increase in tooth decay, but this is unfortunately an issue with all narcotics and drugs that can cause dry mouth. Best of luck to all.

May 19, 2010 1:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been on Vicodin for over 2 years. At my worst, I was taking 15-25 a day. I was in a horrible car crash 5 years ago and suffer from chronic pain. This week, I had enough. I said, no more and I decided to get help. I haven't taken any Vicodin in 2 days now and I was having bad withdrawals. I went to the doctor today and he gave me Suboxone. I am very excited to use this and get my life back. Now the only problem is that I still have the back pain, which I need to finally take care of. Reading all your comments and success stories gives me hope. I thank you all very much.. God bless

May 4, 2010 8:59 PM
Review by kiki0122: User Rating:

I have been drinking and doing various drugs since the age of 13. I am 38 now with three great kids and a husband who thank goodness has never kicked me out. My latest thing has been Percocet, Vicodin, Oxy. Then after a while that stops working so you go to the needle....dilaudid and morphine for over a year. This week I finally said enough! I went to detox and got this amazing drug Suboxone. I left that detox on the smallest dose I could handle, 4mg daily. This drug is going to save my life! I have a sense of peace, a feeling of mental clarity, and NO desire to use anything, including alcohol. Get on Suboxone if you need it....It can save your life! PS. No side effects except mild constipation, but who cares! I finally feel HUMAN!

April 25, 2010 3:50 AM
Review by ashtray: User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone for at least 4 years. I went from 3 times 8mg to 4mg 1 time daily and I felt just as a normal functioning person with regular feelings. Everything was normal. Now I am in a country where they don't have such a medication and I am back on methadone and feel as I felt before while being on heroine and other opioid substances. No feelings, no nothing. I can't wait to get back home to keep taking Suboxone because this is a miracle pill if you even decided to stay on maintenance. I felt just fine on 2mg 1 time daily but I tapered myself gradually over months. So I can just recommend for people who have opiate addiction problems to switch to Suboxone.

April 23, 2010 8:28 AM
Review by OL TIME USER: User Rating:

I have been a doper since the the guys in vietnam sent it home in the mail. Been on methadone programs for 20 year but always seemed to relapse. Jail was my clean time too. Well after 10 years on aldie, a methadone program and wanting to get off it, they said try suboxone. I did and its the best but I also had years of counseling to go with it. I'm on 2mgs and I feel great. Wish I had this back in the 70's! Only problem is it is so expensive. But my life is worth it. It was a tough one and now my life is really sober and good.

April 21, 2010 7:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I just recently started my Suboxone induction 2 days ago. I am 20 years old an have been addicted to opiates since I was 17, at worst I was using 4 O.C's a day or 5 baloons of heroin a day. Only using Suboxone for 3 days I am very happy to say I'm starting to feel normal again. No withdrawals at all. I am currently taking 8mg 2 times per day. Without this drug I would be spending 150-200 dollars a day just to feel normal. My goal is to gradually wind myself off of Suboxone and be completely drug free and get my life back. Opiates are by far the worst drugs out there. If anyone at all has a physical dependence on opiates I would strongly recommend SUBOXONE.

April 21, 2010 12:49 AM
Review by no more pills: User Rating:

I have been addicted to any kind of pain pills since I was in high school. It all started with a football injury. I'm not blaming anyone or anything for my dependence of pain pills. At my worst I was snorting 13-15 30mg Roxies a day. I've been taking Suboxone for 4 months now and it has totally saved my life. I started Suboxone and ever since I have been clean and happy. I can finally start my life again. I strongly urge anyone with a opiate dependence to seek out Suboxone , it will help you!

April 18, 2010 4:48 AM
Review by CheyBaby: User Rating:

I have sat here and read every comment on here and I agree with almost all of them. Suboxone is a WONDER DRUG!! I was addicted to any kind of painkiller that I could get my hands on, and I had to have it every single day just to get up out of the bed. This went on for almost 4 years and I have 2 children that I was NOT being the best mother to. When I left my children's father, who is also an addict I met the most amazing man who also had the same problem but had been on Suboxone for almost a year and got me into his doctor. I have been on it for almost 6 months and I am proud to say that I am back in college and a wonderful mother who loves to get up with my kids everyday! Anyone who has this problem, please try Suboxone, it works!!

April 5, 2010 3:22 AM
Review by IraqVet: User Rating:

after the war, I became dependent on opiates to relieve back and knee injuries i sustained overseas. overtime my addiction grew into buying oxy and roxy and using 60-150mg/day. my addiction took control of my life and i was using just to fight off the withdraws. i went to the VA got put on suboxone. it took care of the w/ds and I am happy to say I'm free from the demons that are opiates. take that first step and realize you have a problem, when you are ready get this drug prescribed to you. it helped me become the man i once was and i am grateful. also, learn your triggers that lead you to use opiates and avoid them.

March 23, 2010 8:42 PM
Review by Triptone: User Rating:

I tried to detox myself from a 10 bag a day heroin habit and 80mgs of oxy. I would always make it 3 days until the withdrawal got so bad I had to use to not feel sick. I thought it would be impossible to quit. After being on suboxone for 3 days I have had no withdrawal symptoms and the severe depression I would get from not taking opiates was gone. I have my life back thanks to this drug and my doctor. Best choice I ever made. Suboxone + NA = Better Quality of Life

March 22, 2010 1:08 PM
Review by GALLIA: User Rating:

Really helped, but if you are on methadone or extremely high levels of narcotics ask a doc first. My sister who was on 200mg of methadone a day took a 8-2 suboxone and she went into withdrawal. I was eating tabs, perks and o. C's and finally decided to try the suboxone. Well 1yr later I am free from the searching, sickness and hassles. I love them.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2010 11:43 AM

I was taking 10 to 15 roxys a day and started Suboxone and haven't had one single withdrawal symptom! Awesome drug!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2010 8:41 AM
Review by thevez: User Rating:

I was on 3 to 4 bags a day for three years. Always felt depressed. Now I have been on Subutex for 3 years, feel no desire to get high. Am scared on how I will feel coming off of it. I am going to start to cut it back. I am on 4mg twice a day most of the time. I take 2 mg twice a day. Want to stop so I can feel like myself again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2010 8:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I begged to be put on Suboxone because I had been on Lortab forever without any relief as I have severe neck and back injuries. This is a miracle drug! You could not pay me enough money to go back on Lortab or any drug of that category. I am so thankful for this medication, I have not experienced one bit of pain since I started this treatment.

February 28, 2010 12:37 PM