Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by KCatHeart:

THIS MEDICINE WORKS! I have been abusing opiates for almost 3 years (averaging 150-200mg of oxy/day the last year) and was at the end of my rope with despair of ever getting off of them. I cringe when I think of how much money I wasted! After trying to quit cold turkey (I lasted a day and a half) I began researching Suboxone. I waited until I was in moderate withdrawals (20 hours after last dose) to take a half a 8mg tablet. The withdrawals pretty much stopped within the hour. I still felt like I was recovering from a bad flu, but it gets better. I can't stress enough that you have to be ready to quit and to have a great plan/support to help, otherwise Suboxone will end up being there just to stop withdrawals and relapse is likely.

November 11, 2010 12:47 PM

Review by Breannaleigh:

I was addicted to heroin and saw no way out. I couldn't go a day without using, no matter who I stole from or who I lied too, I just needed my fix. I went to a 5 day detox that the state paid for and I got Suboxone. Within 30 minutes, I was out of bed, the vomiting stopped, the pain stopped, my anxiety decreased. It truly is a miracle that I can sit here today and have the option to use heroin, but choose not to. The only negative side effect I am currently dealing with is constipation.

November 10, 2010 11:28 AM

Review by Colby D:

Much more effective than methadone for getting clean if you can afford it or have insurance.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2010 10:53 PM

Review by brittn6:

I'm 24 have 3 children 4, 3, 11 months. I have been addicted to pain killers since I was 21, and I had to get off of it. My kids where suffering and my whole family. I found a great doctor and she gave me Suboxone. I have never felt better in my whole life. I'm so much happier. I don't spend my whole day looking 4 my next dose. I spend that time with my kids and my husband is way happier.

October 24, 2010 11:16 PM

Review by StarJR:

For those of you who read the below comment, about how Suboxone did not work for me, please disregard it. I go tomorrow for my first dose of Suboxone, and was apprehensive of all the great reviews, and quite honestly didn't believe they could all be true. I thought this site might have some sort of bias, and only post positive comments, so I decided to try to post a negative one. Apparently, there is no bias, as my negative (yet untrue) comment seems to have posted. Please disregard it. I will leave a real review in a few days, after I have started the Suboxone. Sorry for wasting your time, but I have a much greater peace of mind now, knowing that all comments (good and bad alike) are being posted on this site. Thanks!

October 20, 2010 11:29 PM

Review by StarJR:

This medicine did not help me. I have been addicted to opiates for over 14 years and it did not help me with any withdrawals whatsoever. I had read all of the positive comments, and was so excited to try this new miracle medication. But it did not work. Still stuck on pain pills.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2010 9:51 PM

Review by greygirl:

I am not having any (-) side effects, and it is working really good for me!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2010 3:31 PM

Review by topsniper:

I started taking Vicodin in 1995. Eventually I started taking Norco and Oxycodones by the handful. After 15 years I would rather live in pain than live in the opiate hell I had created. I tried the "rapid detox" program my doctor offered. It's kind of funny that a pain management MD would give you opiates for years and then try to sell you a $25k rapid detox service. Thank goodness I discovered Suboxone and a good doctor. I started at 8mg and I have tapered down to 2mg. I feel better and better every day. You have to want to be clean but the Suboxone will help more than anything available. The best part is you feel so much better after your very first dose, more energy, a better outlook and it works.

October 15, 2010 4:11 AM

Review by WickdEye:

Suboxone is a "MIRACLE" and has saved my life from abusing prescription painkillers for 3 years. I was taking up to twelve 10mg Percocets everyday for those 3 years and thought I could never escape the "percs". I finally found the BEST doctor in the world who actually listens and cares about my situation and started me on Suboxone and now I've been clean for over a year and never had cravings for Percocets while taking Suboxone. Suboxone lets me live my life feeling not "high" but normal. Now 10/9/10 there is Suboxone Film and its outstanding. Works so much better than the orange tablets.

October 9, 2010 1:58 AM

Review by kelly446290:

I'm 25 years old and have been a addict for almost 7 years now. I got the addiction from taking painkillers my doctor gave me after have a gastric bypass. I was 17 years old and did not know pain killers were so addictive. Ever since then I have been through hell. It changed me as a person and drove me and my family apart. I have tried so many things to get me off of them. I went to rehab 1 time and cold turkey stopped taking them a few times. I went right back. Finally I tried the Suboxone, THIS MEDICINE HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. I'm back to the old me. I also have gained my families trust back. I feel like a normal person and I never think about any kind of drugs anymore.

October 5, 2010 11:13 AM

Review by PROGRAMER:

Today is my first day on suboxone. I have to say this drug is a life saver. I was taking 20-25 tabs/percocets a day for 3 years. I have been wanting to get off them for a long time. After reading all the posts on here I finally got the guts to just go do it. So far I haven't had any side effects with it and I fell great. If you have a problem I promise this will help you get your life back. I was spending all my paychecks and doing whatever I needed to do to get them. Finally I am done chasing it and it feels great. You wont regret it. Good luck.

September 27, 2010 7:51 PM

Review by crazybill64:

I have been on Suboxone since the medicine became available. I was born in Bridgeport, a big city and plenty of drugs. I have been an addict since I was 15 years old. I was addicted to heroin for 10 years and ruined my life. I've done prison time in 4 different states over the years and thought for sure drugs would be the death of me but then came this medicine and my life has changed. I'm a human being again and totally drug free. I owe it all to this medicine or I would no doubt be DEAD.

September 21, 2010 2:54 PM

I have been in and out of an addiction until this. I take one a day and am amazed by the feeling of not wanting opiates.

August 30, 2010 3:14 AM

Review by goodolewvgirl:

I have been on Suboxone now for exactly a year. I became addicted to pain pills after my doctor started handing them out like they were candy for my cramps. Needless to say the withdraws were horrible. I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I didn't want to get out of bed, and was just not the person I used to be. The first day I took Suboxone I felt 100% better. I had some headaches the first couple of days of taking it, but those went away.

August 27, 2010 1:26 PM

Review by GratefulInNashville:

Many rehabs, hundreds of relapses, could NOT STOP TAKING PAIN PILLS, until Suboxone. This medicine saved my life, hands down. If ever there was a 'miracle drug', this is it. Very important to get a Doctor you like, as not all Doctors can prescribe it. Try this medicine if you are hooked on painkillers.

August 13, 2010 5:22 PM

Review by XrxHead86:

As long as you follow the doctor's instructions when the time comes to ween off this medicine, you will truly feel VERY, VERY Little withdrawal symptoms, IF ANY! THIS MEDICINE SAVED MY LIFE (And my bank account now that I can actually care about that again). Not only did I go from spending $40 dollars(Easily) on either Roxi's, Oxy's, or Heroin per day to approximately $3.33 a day (for 4MG of SUBOXONE), BUT in my opinion THE GREATEST EFFECT is that I FINALLY feel like the OLD ME! As in the ME before I ever started doing drugs. I'm happy, I'm playful, and Witty again.

August 9, 2010 10:40 AM

This drug saved my life and my marriage!

August 7, 2010 3:26 AM

Review by mac41:

I was addicted to opiate painkillers for 5 years. I thought I had no hope. I bottomed out after 5 years of doing practically nothing but looking for drugs. I went into detox and a methadone program for 7 days. I started an out patient program as soon as I got out but as soon as my last dose of methadone wore off I was back climbing the walls. I really thought Suboxone was going to be my last hope. I could not see myself living much longer either using or going through withdrawal. I had to wait a couple weeks to get in a Suboxone program and the withdrawal was so bad my counselor told me to use! I did get on Suboxone 32mg a day felt great immediately like the same day. On 16mg still today and clean.

August 4, 2010 2:53 PM

Review by WyattU:

I had been addicted to opiates for about 3 years. Starting by taking Vicodin/Percocet, then getting into the high mg morphine and oxy's all the way to fentanyl. My life revolved around drugs, I didn't think about anything besides drugs. This is my 3rd day on Suboxone and I don't think about other drugs at all. It makes me feel just fine. It probably saved my life.

July 26, 2010 8:37 PM

Review by was shaky, now sure:

I have had an opiate addiction for 5 years. Major back disc problems. Some surgery. But I needed more and more to function. I decided for my family and myself it was time to quit. I needed to stop chasing for drugs when my script ran out. I went 24 hours without Oxycodone and it was bad but I started Suboxone today. I needed two 8mg pills to start and all the withdrawal went away. Amazing. I hope not to be on it too long. My Doctor said 6 months possibly but I think it will be a lot less. I want to be off everything. Right now I feel great!

July 20, 2010 5:47 PM

This is my second day on Suboxone and IT IS A MIRACLE DRUG! I was taking 2 x 80 mg Oxycontin a day and about 10-15 Vicodins a day. My doctor said that all I needed to do was go home, go to bed and when I woke up I could take the Suboxone in 8 hours. I woke up took the Suboxone and within about 10 minutes my cravings for any other pills were completely gone. I wish I would have started this 2 years ago when my addiction became out of hand. There is NO need to drive around looking for your next fix anymore, get on Suboxone and get your life back like I did!

July 16, 2010 10:09 AM

Review by twrightotr:

Using it for pain - I had suffered from daily lumbar and leg pain for over 2 years. Suboxone has been the only medication I have been on that both reduces my pain and has no severe side effects. It has greatly increased my quality of life.

July 6, 2010 8:41 AM

I was addicted to all forms of drugs for 9 years, but my main problem was with the opiates; pain pills, heroin, even opium occasionally. It was seriously ruining my life and was creating more and more problems every day. When I turned 20 I knew I had to make a change or else face death or jail. I was put on Suboxone 8mg 2x a day and my world went from very dark to something that was manageable. Within weeks I was a totally different person, even enrolling to get my high school diploma (I had dropped out in 10th grade). I have been on Suboxone for almost two years and people always tell me that I am just unrecognizable compared to who I was a couple of years ago. I've been slowly weaning down and I am now at one 8mg pill a day. It was a blessing!

July 2, 2010 12:27 AM

Review by blue rain:

I was born an addict. I remember drinking at 8 years old. Oh I would go years staying clean, but on the inside I was craving drugs everyday. I have used almost every drug there is. I have a husband that is in the Army and 4 beautiful kids. I had a serious obsession with pain pills. I would take anything I could get my hands on. I wanted to die, the withdrawals were enough to keep me using to feel normal. I was about to lose everything. Finally I went to a doctor and was put on Suboxone, that was over two years ago. I am still clean, and do believe Suboxone is a miracle pill. Life is still hard, we still have struggles, but the Suboxone changed my life. Now I get to enjoy my children. I want to stay clean for them and me.

June 25, 2010 12:57 PM

Review by firefighterwif2:

Over a 5 year period... I started using regular Hydrocodone (Loratabs, Loracets, etc...) and realized if I bought Oxycodone (Oxycontin) it would be cheaper because of how high my tolerance became in such a short period of time. That did not work. I was up to three 80 mg Oxycontin a day, and was not getting high. It was taking that much for me to become "normal." I had nothing but a $300 a day habit. Suboxone is the route I chose, and I have never looked back. Suboxone is a treatment plan that you follow and are tapered off the medicine, so you can be drug-free. It has saved my life! I recommend Suboxone to anyone. My success stories are endless! However, you MUST follow the treatment plan!

June 21, 2010 9:43 PM