User Reviews for Suboxone (Page 7)

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"After being on pain management for 7 years, my brain started telling my body I needed higher and higher doses. I maxed out on Fentanyl and had enough of the merry go round. I had crossed from dependency to addiction. After a lot of research, I felt a life in pain would be better then what I was putting myself through. I walked into a detox hospital and started Suboxone. I was stunned when my pain was under control. With incorporating a recovery program, I have been clean for 3 years and take 16mg of Suboxone. I've tried lowering my dose, but my pain comes screaming back. I feel absolutely normal and praise the manufacturer for such a great remedy to a complex problem. If you are a Veteran, the VA has a great Suboxone program."

daDez (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2013

"I am on it for the second time. The first time I thought the medication alone was going to keep me from using but I soon found out it wouldn't. Now on it for the second time I not only take Suboxone I also see go through drug counseling, go to NA and AA. I have completely changed my way of life. For me this was a must. I now have 2 yrs clean and sober. Of course there is ups and downs to all things but I have found this medication to be a vital tool in my tool box. I would recommend anyone struggling with an opiate addiction to at least give it a try. Recovery is possible!"

red heads rule (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2013

"Wonderful if you want to stop using opiates which I was. Suboxone was effective I even dealt with some of the side effects but today I am opiate free."

Poppey (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2013

"Been on Suboxone for 4 yrs now! It's been the best thing I've ever done for myself! Thank-You"

Renee ann February 16, 2013

"I was addicted to pills for 3 years. Started as a few Vicodin a day to 25 Percocets a day at the end. I have been on Subutex for 2 weeks and I must say it saved my life. NO CRAVINGS at all! The first few days I had mild headaches but they went away by day 4. I'm currently taking a total of 8 mg a day and it is plenty. This is truly a miracle. My wife is happy and I can play with my son again without popping pills to get out of bed. The only bad thing is my insurance won't cover it but the $50 a week is a lot less than the $500-600 a week I was spending before. THANK YOU SUBUTEX!"

BIGMIKE1234 January 20, 2013

"This is my personal experience of Suboxone. Now 54, been an addict on heroin until a year ago, done 3 detox clinics absolute no luck but learnt a lot from them. Don't knock it but as for Suboxone I honestly thought I would not see change but wow it kills cravings and the lot. Was an addict for ages and this has totally changed my life. What more can I say. Get on it people before you lose everything like I did. "

mickyminas January 17, 2013

"I have been clean now for 114 days. Before Suboxone I had given up on everything. Myself, my kids, and my husband. When I first used Suboxone I started with 4mg. I had a horrible reaction to it. Everything was slow motion, I was vomiting, sweating, nodding in and out, aches and pains everywhere, the scariest part was the hard time breathing. Its like I forgot to breath. My clinic doctor had never seen or heard of a reaction like that. I refused to give up though, after 5-7 days I had finally felt like me (before my addiction took over). I have had some side effects. But minor ones. I finally have my family back! "

Sam3990 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2013

"I am an ex-heroin user for over ten long years. After many trips to jail... trying to get sober cold turkey, relapsed over and over. I tried methadone for a couple years weaned off and relapsed again. After losing my mother and having a daughter of my own and another trip to detox I finally found Suboxone. Now clean for 2 and half years I'm coming off slowly. It's scary because I'm so used to being "on" something but its honestly worked the best for me. I would refer Suboxone to anyone ready to get their life back. Thanks Suboxone.. 2 and half years sober and counting."

happysober (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2013

"First time I was put on Suboxone I ended up in the emergency room vomiting nonstop, after which my doctor put me on Subutex. Absolutely no problems with Subutex. Back on Suboxone now, as that seems to be the physicians' choice. Got these HORRIBLE canker sores under my tongue, which were almost unbearable. Tried everything on the market for the sores and finally had to stop taking it. Read that only a very small percentage of people have the sore mouth problem (why did I have to be one of them). Suboxone worked fine after the dose was lowered, except for the mouth sores. "

JudyC. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2012

"I went from taking 400Mg morphine, 80Mg Oxycodone daily. To taking nothing for one day, it was hell. The following day my Dr started me on 16Mg of Suboxone. Right away the urges just went away like I've never even taken opioids. I recommend everyone with pill problems please ask you Dr. about Suboxone. I lost my wife and two kids over pills its just not worth it."

Anonymous November 13, 2012

"I had a very bad addiction to morphine and methadone. I didn't think anything was ever going to help me to get better. I started the Suboxone and have been clean for almost 2 yrs now. It's amazing how far I've come. I have twins, new house, new car, and on my way to getting back to school. But it only works if you really want to stop your bad habits."

elmo&mickey11 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 21, 2012

"After using this medicine and knowing how well it works I wish I had started on it years ago instead of letting my life almost slip away. Thanks to my husband, without him I could never have got off the pills and started the Suboxone. Now I have my life back. Take my advice if you need to get off opiates at least give Suboxone a chance."

HAPPY OLIVER (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2012

"I have been addicted to hydrocodone for 10 years; and recently my propensity to take a handful at a time almost killed me leading to my colon being. Removed due to ischemic colitis, coma, and 8 weeks in hospital. I just went on Suboxone and am amazed at how well I am feeling. My body cannot take either the acetoaminophen or the withdrawals so Suboxone was my only hope. I recently had a withdrawal event that landed me back in hospital for 10 days due to dehydration and malnourishment. My nurse told me about Suboxone and as soon as I was discharged I went for it. I am so glad I did. I never thought that hydrocodone could cause an illness like mine but it did. I can have life now due to Suboxone."

Anonymous October 9, 2012

"I went on this kicking and screaming. Very skeptical. It saved my life. Minimal withdrawal from 6mg - 1mg. Only symptoms from 1 - 0mg were insomnia, sneezed & RLS at night, with SLIGHT agitation. Could have been a cold. NO rebound opiate depression & no other symptoms. Sleep normal within 1 week. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2012

"At first I was skeptical of taking this only for the fact it was too good to be true. I've noticed a few things I'm not particular fond of with this medicine,but am happy to not be searching for opiates everyday."

Jss127 September 15, 2012

"I was put on Suboxone 2mg about 2 years ago for opiate dependence. When my back pain got really bad. I went to a Dr. who dealt with addicts and with their chronic pain. He put me on the 8mg films and since then life has become much better. This just not take's away the cravings, but also takes the pain."

jrodg31 September 13, 2012

"I started suboxone about 2 years ago after a nasty pill addiction. It works great. No cravings whatsoever and lets you live and maintain. It doesn't get you high if you have a tolerance but it does pick you up and make you feel better after you take it. I would recommend any opiate addict that has struggled for awhile and tried other treatment methods (rapid detox, 12 step programs, therapy) to give this a try. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2012

"I started out taking 8 Vicodins a day and after awhile I was a full blown addict taking up to 15 pills every 5 hrs a day close to 50 a day, really bad could not do anything without pills. Started getting really sick every two weeks skin turning yellow liver was hurting I was in very bad shape sex drive was gone my whole life was based around pain pills spending up to $500.00 every 3 days you get the point. Then one day I found out about Suboxone, made an appointment with a doctor that prescribed it, waited 2 days to take it and let me tell you it saved my life. "

Happy to be free (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2012

"They have kept me clean from heroin and other opiates for 5 years in which time I earned an associates degree with a double major and was accepted to Rutgers where I will receive my bachelors degree next year. I am also a CADC or licensed drug and alcohol counselor now. No more needles, days throwing up with aching bones in bed instead of playing with my children. I'm a true miracle. "

Angellf (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2012

"This stuff works! I didn't have to worry about being pulled over by cops with pills on me anymore. It got me out of bed to go do what it was I needed to do to get clean, even eventually get off Suboxone. "

Anonymous August 19, 2012

"Suboxone saved my life. And that's a fact. Thank you Suboxone for helping me see through my daily Loracet dependence!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2012

"I was on morphine for 4 1/2 years. I could not eat, sleep or do much of anything. Almost 3 years ago I asked my pain management doctor to help me out of that living hell. 10 days into rehab the doctors could not find a medication that could help with my pain issues. That's the first time I ever heard of Suboxone. I stayed for 18 more days learning all I could about this new medication. Let me just say that Suboxone helps with my pain and is giving me my life back one day at a time. I thank my doctors and Suboxone for all that it has given me. I found a Suboxone group and counseling in my area that understands my need to stay on this medication. I have been off all other pain medicines for 3 years and would not change a thing. "

subzero58 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2012

"It works well so I am not going through withdrawal symptoms but it does NOT work on any pain issues that I have."

BarbaraG. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2012

"Suboxone is the best thing that ever happens to me! Before Suboxone I was on pills doing bad things that I would never do! I have 4 wonderful children that I lost due to my drug use! Pills were number one, my kids and family and loved ones came last. I lost everything, myself, my kids, my family and the one man I loved so much. Then I found hope I found a Doctor that said I want you to try a pill called Suboxone and to be honest it saved my life. I no longer use pills I am on Suboxone daily. I am on the right track I am going to outpatient daily. I go to meetings and I take my medication the right way. I am on the right track to getting my 4 great kids back but most important me back. If I can do it anyone can."

jchica1014 May 28, 2012

"My doctor will not let you on it longer than 2 1/2 years. HE uses it for the purpose of getting your life back not a life time of medication taking."

MeganRSlater (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2012