User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

If you are addicted to narcotic pain killers I would definitely recommend this drug to you.

April 25, 2009 9:50 PM

Review by Brad And Beth:

I was recently prescribed Suboxone by my Neurologist to Detox off of Oxycontin. I was taking 180 mg of Oxycontin daily and struggled with keeping a regulated amount constant throughout the day and had many side effects from the Oxycontin. My Neurologist prescribed me 8mg/2mg tablets full time for not only detoxing off of the Oxycontin but also to treat chronic pain that I deal with daily from damage to discs in my spine from T4 - T11 and L5-S1. On Suboxone, my pain levels are very low (1-2), depression is minimal and the obvious, withdrawal symptoms from the Oxycontin were suppressed completely 20 minutes after my initial dose approximately 16 hours after my last dose of Oxycontin. Excellent Drug for Pain Management.

April 23, 2009 8:40 PM

Review by subutex:

It sometimes gives me headaches and also made me gain weight. But overall I gave it a high rating because it changed my life drastically. I no longer am allowing opiates to run my life.

April 21, 2009 10:25 PM

Review by young_mothers_101:

This medication has saved my life. I have mental clarity for the first time in years and all of the "aches and pains" have gone away. Occasional user of percocet and vicodin as a teenager, not addicted until prescribed by a physician. I have irritable bowel syndrome and it seemed to cure my problems, along with keeping me high (and broke). I would recommend this medication to anyone who is tired of chasing that high. It works, but you have to be ready to give up the high. The first few days were horrible for me, but it definitely gets better!

April 14, 2009 10:42 PM

Review by Noizz:

I have been struggling with pain killers for the last ten years (15-20 Lortab 10's/10 SOMAS per day), then after many attempts to stop, 7 Rehabs. I read about the Suboxone program on the internet. I found a clinic in my area that offered Suboxone and decided to try it. I started the program taking 2/8mg pills per day, and it is an absolute MIRACLE. I won't lie to you, the mental cravings are still with me, but with time they have gotten a lot better (and a support group will definitely help with that part, and changing the people you hang out, if that is a problem will be a major plus). PLEASE BELIEVE ME, YOU CAN GET YOUR LIFE BACK. It it is not easy, but with will power, you can do this. STICK WITH IT WORKS.

April 9, 2009 4:21 AM

Review by mrr:

40 years of methadone- 1 year of Suboxone. Life is good again.

April 6, 2009 9:57 PM

This is the wonder drug. I was on Vicodin and oxycodone for over 6 years from back surgery. I found a doctor who helped me get off them and give me life again. It saved me from losing my family and my friends. Suboxone starting working immediately after the first dose. Instantly I was feeling better about my life. If in doubt don't be, admit you have a problem and get some help. Read all the above comments, they are true.

April 6, 2009 4:14 PM

Review by twixer12:

I was hooked on pain killers for over 5 years and was taking 30 to 35 pills a day and did so for more than 1 year. I have been taking Suboxone for almost 3 years, under my doctors orders. Suboxone has saved my life. It is a wonder drug as far as I am concerned. Thank you suboxone and I sure hope other drug addicted people find this wonder drug to help them save their life like it did mine.

April 3, 2009 1:35 AM

I was prescribed Suboxone 8mg (naloxone 2mg) and found that the benefits were far greater than the side effects. Upon my initial use, I began to feel better about 30 minutes after administration. About 3 days later, I had no cravings for opiates or other drugs. I began to feel like a normal person again. There are a few side effects that not everybody feels, but I did for many weeks which was nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle aches and joint pain. I also experienced a lot of sweating. For the nausea and vomiting my doctor prescribed Phenergan, which worked great except it makes you very sleepy. After about 3 months of taking the Suboxone and a few minor dosage adjustments, I feel even better and have not returned to opiate usage.

March 29, 2009 4:19 PM

Review by Rhf:

It works. I went from taking over 160mg of oxycodone per day for years to 2 x 8mg Suboxone per day. 11 months later and I feel like I've been given a 2nd chance at life. Great doctor, great drug, I do my part. It works.

March 28, 2009 5:19 PM

Review by alwaysok:

It works very well for me. I was on methadone for 13 years and then went to Suboxone. It's so much better for my body than Methadone.

March 27, 2009 9:44 AM

Review by tryingtobebetter:

Suboxone is a very helpful drug, 3 years of addiction, thousands of dollars later and a lot of hurt family and friends also. Mostly OC 40,60,80 etc, etc. Suboxone is a good stepping stone I feel, but I truly feel that the inner feeling to be that person everyone missed and missing that person I was myself, is major in recovering. I have been on 1 x 8mg a day for about 4 months. Life is too short to be selfish for yourself to not at least try to feel and be better.

March 27, 2009 1:08 AM

I was on the highway to ruin. I was extremely addicted to Oxycontin. My source was "gone" one day. I was in hell with the withdrawal symptoms. I got a prescription for Suboxone. Then after a few hours the withdrawal subsided. I proceeded to feel better and better. I'm now almost completely off of Suboxone and reducing it steadily. I am telling you people that I beat a brick wall of withdrawal by a few hours. I went on to have a great weekend with my wife out of town without ever having to worry about running around to find more Oxycontin. Look up Senator Orrin Hatch and his great work to legalize Suboxone. It is a true wonder.

March 16, 2009 5:34 PM

I had always "played' with pills but when I started getting kidney stones back to back I found a pain management doctor who would prescribe anything I wanted to me. It became VERY easy for me to fake a stone at the hospital so they could give me dilauad in my i.v. (that was my all time favorite). I was on 30 mg of oxycodone 3 times a day and 10mg of percocet 3 times a day too. This went on for what seemed like forever. I decided one day to deal with the kidney pain and to get clean. I went to the local doctor who does prescribe suboxone and wow! What a difference? I have been on them now for almost a month and I feel amazing. I have been slowly weening myself off. PRAISE SUBOXONE!

March 3, 2009 12:37 AM

Review by 56787:

I can say that this medicine help me a lot. I no longer want to use vicodin. I have been on this drug for a year now and have my life back and am now in control. I only have 3 months before I am finished with my program.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2009 3:38 PM

Review by KK-NC:

My husband and I have been popping pills for 4 years. I want to scream or cry when I think about the wasted dollars and how we have betrayed our families. I overdosed last March and you would THINK that would have stopped me or us, but it didn't. We started Suboxone 2 days ago through a friend who is trying to help us stop our drug use. I finally feel like I MAY have a life after all. I have felt so desperate at times, it's hard to believe that there IS a cure, and I think we've found it. Thanks to the makers of this miracle drug. After reading these reviews, I have MORE hope. Thank you.

February 25, 2009 9:16 PM

This stuff works great. I was on 10/325 Percocet (10 a day) for 8 months on and off after I broke my ankle. I honestly LOVED the way the it made me feel and everytime I went to get a refill I knew that I was getting deeper and deeper into this painkiller mess. One of the biggest scares on the back of my mind was how could I stop without the crazy withdrawal symptoms I encountered when I tried to stop before. I heard about suboxone and gave it a try. All it took was 4 DAYS on Suboxone. I am opiate free and haven't touched it since.

February 24, 2009 5:20 PM

I was prescribed 4 X 80mg tablets a day by some doctor a friend told me to go see, long story short, I was snorting them everyday, at least two to three a day. I tried to stop cold turkey, but was impossible, found out about Suboxone on internet, went to a doctor who can prescribe them, it's been two weeks now. I don't even have to take the suboxone anymore, they are super effective and I recommend them to anyone who wants their lives back. IT TAKES SOME WILL POWER AS WELL, BUT WITHOUT SUBOXONE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP.

February 23, 2009 11:34 PM

Review by Meggers:

I was addicted to opiates for about a year, my boyfriend for 2 years or so. We did pretty much any sort of opiate under the sun we could get our hands on. We thrived on them. Our friend had the same PROBLEM we did and was expecting a son that coming year. He got his life straight and got put on Suboxone. Couple of weeks down the road we saw how GREAT he was doing and how he hadn't touched anything for those couple of weeks already. We were shocked, we decided that it was time to get our lives on track again. We went to the same doctor as our friend and now we have been absolutely clean for the past 2 1/2 months to the day. If you are addicted and want help, don't hesitate to get into the nearest doctor - trust me!

February 23, 2009 4:03 PM

I have abused Oxycontin for about 2 years. Suboxone has dramatically reduced my withdrawal symptoms, which you can guess were severe. The secret to taking suboxones is that you should only stay on them for about 1-2 weeks and constantly decrease your dosage. If you take them as prescribed your only getting addicted to a new drug, I took whole tablets the first few days then halfs and then quarters. Trust me if you take the drug everyday then stop the withdrawals are just as bad as your opiate of choice. I realize only 1-2 weeks sounds quick but after that you will no longer have withdrawals but it's also will power.

February 19, 2009 6:05 PM

Review by glad2Bsober:

I was taking Lorcet and Soma's for about 4 years. I was taking anywhere from 5 to 20 a day. I heard about Suboxone a while back. Finally I decided it was my time to stop using so I did a little research on doctors that prescibed it in Houston, found a reasonable clinic, and I love it. I have already referred 2 friends, that thought like me, that they couldn't live without the pills. If you are serious about quitting, I definitely recommend suboxone. IT WORKS. Good luck to those of you trying to get sober.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2009 10:59 PM

It is a miracle drug. If it helped me, it can help anyone.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2009 6:19 PM

Review by nick1212:

I have been taking opiates for years. It started with lortab then oxycodone and finally heroin. It ended up taking my brothers life at 36 years old. He left a wife and 4 beautiful children. Suboxone has been a miracle for me. I'm in the process of tapering off through my doctor. I'm looking forward to that day. What a blessing.

February 12, 2009 4:59 PM

Excellent drug! Works miraculously!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2009 9:24 PM

Review by FoundMyHigherPower:

I've taking this for 3 months and slowly stopped. Bottom line, it has helped me get my life back together. But it is NOT a miracle drug. This isn't something you pop under your tounge and get cured. The first time I started on this medication I truly believed and tried to convince myself that I was going to be fine just taking this alone. Bottom line, I relapsed twice. You need a support network and people that you can relate to. For me this medication and NA saved my life. If you are a parent, please be supportive and convince your son or daughter to make meetings%u2026 but more importantly, DO IT WITH LOVE.

February 9, 2009 6:53 PM