User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

"I used it to detox off of oxycodone and Oxycontin on the highest possible dose."

DemiseTheMoo August 22, 2009

"I had been addicted to pain medication Oxycodones, Percocets, Vicodins, you name the pill, I've done it. I was severely addicted for about 2 years. I stole my mother's pain medicines that she needs, forged scripts, sold jewelry, lied, and went without food just to afford my pills and when I didn't have any pills? I got sicker than anyone who has been through it can imagine. I went into a detox after Mothers Day and was started on Suboxone. I take 16mg a day. I guess my dose is higher than most people due to the amount of pills I used to take (anywhere from 20-25 30mg Oxycodoness a day). On Suboxone I'm a better mother and person. I'm finally free of my addiction and now I'm just dependent on a medication that saved my life. Not a bad trade for a real life."

JaimeF August 22, 2009

"Suboxone got me off of the Norco, 10mg 6-8 a day. Now I take a half of a Suboxone in the morning and half around lunch. I've had zero side effects. This medicine is a miracle for me, I'm back to my old self and able to do things I thought I'd never be able to do again. I now coach my daughters fast pitch softball, Archery, and the outdoors, pain free. I know that this medication was not designed to provide "pain relief" but that is the best part about it."

Hunt NXS August 13, 2009

"I can't say enough about this medicine. I became addicted to Vicodin and Percocet over the past year. I thought there was no hope for me. A friend of mine who was addicted to Oxycontin was put on Suboxone and told me about it. I found a doctor in my area who prescribed it and this has changed my life. I take a half of a 8mg pill 3 times a day and I no longer crave pain pills. It is amazing. I have energy and feel great. Only had bad side effect of nausea and headaches for the first 2 days. I highly recommend this to anyone with an opiate dependence. It will change your life!"

trybus77 August 12, 2009

"Done deal. Works great if you are committed."

SWIMMER 22 August 11, 2009

"I was opiate dependent for almost 6 years. Six years of my life that I hardly remember because I was in a cloud of Oxycontin and other heroin like prescription drugs. About 6 months ago I was introduced to the Suboxone program and ever since that day I've had my life back. I used to steal, lie and do whatever it took to get a fix. I lost my family, friendships, jobs, cars, everything. Now over the last six months I've turned into a different person, the person I was before taking drugs. I would recommend Suboxone for anyone who is dependent on pain killers. I would also however, recommend seeking counseling along with it to prevent any relapsing."

Anonymous August 8, 2009

"They work really well but they taste awful."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

"Suboxone is a miracle pill -- it saved my life! Withdrawal symptoms immediately disappear and very little side effects."

hms1859 August 4, 2009

"Kind of a pain trying to get it to dissolve under the tongue but well worth. No withdrawal getting off oxycodone."

Anonymous July 31, 2009

"I'm ready to be clean and be myself again. I was hooked on oxys 80mg for three years. This drug almost broke my marriage and led me to do things I thought I would never do from lying, stealing and unemployment from the first time I started using. When I started Suboxone my whole life has changed. I'm now a better wife, daughter and aunt again."

im ready July 28, 2009

"Amazing drug! My husband has an addictive personality and has spent the better part of 40 years abusing drugs. We heard about this treatment and both of us were skeptical that a simple pill could end the days of chasing street drugs and spending several hundred dollars each month for them. It has been just that - he has been on this now for 4 months and what a difference it has made in both of our lives. He has mental clarity, more energy - it's been a win-win for us."

Anonymous July 26, 2009

"4 years been sober works great!!!!"

bkev July 25, 2009

"This medicine saved my life."

Lila Jane July 25, 2009

"I've been on Suboxone for 5 days now and I have been taking 40 to 50 pills a day of 15 to 30 mg of oxycodone that's 800 mg a day addiction. Suboxone has helped so much. Very few side effects for me, some chills and a little diarrhea. I use Benadryl to be able to sleep, but that's it. Tomorrow will be day 6 without anything, will keep you posted. Past 2 days I took only 1/2 a pill so maybe that's why I felt a little withdrawal symptoms but that's better than increasing Suboxone dose. Good luck to everyone and use it only to detox."

RicanChica July 24, 2009

"I have been on Suboxone for just over 2 months and it has changed my life. I no longer depend on the pain pills or go through the withdrawals when I couldn't get them. I would tell anyone who wants help to get on Suboxone because it really helps. The only problem is the taste."

hopefull in arkansas July 20, 2009

"I had a monkey on my back and the circus was in town, until I found Suboxone. It has really helped me and I am getting better every day. It is a long road but Suboxone makes it a little easier to walk. Thank you so much for giving me my life back."

user4ever July 20, 2009

"My husband has been using drugs for so many years that I have lost track. First it was pills, any kind that he could get. Then it was heroin, crack, and cocaine till I gave up on him (it was a nightmare). Then he went back to pills. It seemed like it was never going to end. He began to not want to go anywhere but work. He would lay around the house all day, in a deep depression. He tried to quit almost every other day when he was down and out. I hated it. I then talked him into researching SUBOXONE, we did it together. The following week he went to a very nice doctor who understood about his problem. It has only been a week that he has been on Suboxone but WHAT A DIFFERENCE. He is like a new man. He takes 2 daily and is more normal."

ohio July 18, 2009

"I started Suboxone 15 days ago to combat a 4 year opiate addiction. I've read a lot of reviews of Suboxone and many of them weren't good. Sorry about you all because this drug is great. I had the normal ope addiction, and here, on day 15, I'm down to one 2mg dose in the morning. I didn't remember to take that until noon. It works, it works so well. No withdrawals, have energy, no desire to take anything else. Bottom line, I plan to stop the Suboxone. They work and I feel normal again. I don't care if there is an opiate whatever in there, they work, are prescribed and I am me again. I'm so happy and relieved."

whew! July 17, 2009

"I have severe chronic pain and have had everything that every doctor ever wanted to try on me only to make everything worse. I have been on pain medicines for 10 years and I tried Suboxone. It's great for getting off the pain medicines because it stops the withdrawals but it doesn't work for pain for more than about a week. I tried it for a month but the pain I am in was just too much to handle for me."

buddy1168 July 16, 2009

"I have been addicted to opiates for the last 10 years. Nothing was off limits to me and the more the better. Percs, Vics, Roxicets, Oxys, demerol, methadone, heroin--whatever, it didn't really matter to me. I stole, lied, and did whatever it took for me to get pills. I've lost jobs due to my addiction. I had tried to quit many times and could not. The withdrawals were so painful and intense. I couldn't even get up in the morning and take a shower without opiates much less go to work or take care of my toddler. Suboxone has given me the chance to get my life back. Suboxone, in conjunction with a 12 step program, has given me hope. Please, if you are an addict, seek help from a Doctor qualified in addiction - there is hope out there for us."

gr8ful July 15, 2009

"I have been using this drug to help with withdrawals from Vicodin. It seems to be working really well and is taking away the craving to take Vicodin as well. I just worry about when they take me off of it how I will feel then."

Kevinkk07 July 11, 2009

"I have read way too many posts saying Suboxone is such a miracle wonder drug and it immediately takes withdrawal away. I've also seen many posts saying I've been on Suboxone for so and so years and haven't touched any opiates since. Just remember Suboxone is another opiate, it just doesn't get you high. I am in no way against Suboxone as it has helped me tremendously. But I just want everyone to understand the real test will come when you get off the Suboxone. You must prepare yourself for a withdrawal even after tapering off. Remember stopping Suboxone is when you can really consider yourself clean, not during the Suboxone treatment. Please everyone try to taper off as soon as you can to be 100% opiate free."

mr. stevens July 10, 2009

277 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My husband and I both have been popping pills for years. Hydrocone, Oxycodone, barbiturates, whatever we could get. After trying to quit cold turkey, or going in a detox center, whatever is was, always failed us....or we failed it. Now we are winning the battle. Hubby went on it about a week ago, and I just started a few days ago. Neither of us had withdrawals from the opioids we were taking, and neither of us has cravings. Thank Goodness. So our livers are now getting a much needed rest, and our money is going where it SHOULD go to now. We both have experienced some headaches on Suboxone, but they aren't that bad, and go away after a bit. It gives me dry mouth really bad. So, remember, this drug is just a tool in the road to recovery."

VIVA5822 July 10, 2009

"I used them during this past quitting attempt and found them to help my symptoms of getting healthy again to the point where I could actually get to work while kicking my habit. Two orange flavored thumbs up."

Anonymous July 2, 2009

"I was hooked for 6 years on every pill out there. Suboxone turned my whole world around. I'm off of it now and can tell you the withdrawals are bad only for 4 days. Then I was really tired for about a week. That was when I stopped Suboxone cold turkey. I got on it again because I relapsed. I weened myself off of Suboxone in 2 months and had NO withdrawals or fatigue at all. If you are hooked on opiates, this is the help you've been looking for. It works. Call a doctor now and stop wasting your money on pain pills. This saved my life and my family. Thank you Reckitt Benckiser for this amazing drug."

Shelltown June 28, 2009