Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

They work really well but they taste awful.

August 5, 2009 7:56 PM

Review by hms1859:

Suboxone is a miracle pill -- it saved my life! Withdrawal symptoms immediately disappear and very little side effects.

August 4, 2009 7:57 AM

Kind of a pain trying to get it to dissolve under the tongue but well worth. No withdrawal getting off oxycodone.

July 31, 2009 8:33 PM

Review by im ready:

I'm ready to be clean and be myself again. I was hooked on oxys 80mg for three years. This drug almost broke my marriage and led me to do things I thought I would never do from lying, stealing and unemployment from the first time I started using. When I started Suboxone my whole life has changed. I'm now a better wife, daughter and aunt again.

July 28, 2009 9:11 PM

Amazing drug! My husband has an addictive personality and has spent the better part of 40 years abusing drugs. We heard about this treatment and both of us were skeptical that a simple pill could end the days of chasing street drugs and spending several hundred dollars each month for them. It has been just that - he has been on this now for 4 months and what a difference it has made in both of our lives. He has mental clarity, more energy - it's been a win-win for us.

July 26, 2009 4:08 PM

Review by bkev:

4 years been sober works great!!!!

July 25, 2009 3:16 PM

Review by Lila Jane:

This medicine saved my life.

July 25, 2009 9:59 AM

Review by RicanChica:

I've been on Suboxone for 5 days now and I have been taking 40 to 50 pills a day of 15 to 30 mg of oxycodone that's 800 mg a day addiction. Suboxone has helped so much. Very few side effects for me, some chills and a little diarrhea. I use Benadryl to be able to sleep, but that's it. Tomorrow will be day 6 without anything, will keep you posted. Past 2 days I took only 1/2 a pill so maybe that's why I felt a little withdrawal symptoms but that's better than increasing Suboxone dose. Good luck to everyone and use it only to detox.

July 24, 2009 4:01 AM

Review by hopefull in arkansas:

I have been on Suboxone for just over 2 months and it has changed my life. I no longer depend on the pain pills or go through the withdrawals when I couldn't get them. I would tell anyone who wants help to get on Suboxone because it really helps. The only problem is the taste.

July 20, 2009 3:17 PM

Review by user4ever:

I had a monkey on my back and the circus was in town, until I found Suboxone. It has really helped me and I am getting better every day. It is a long road but Suboxone makes it a little easier to walk. Thank you so much for giving me my life back.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2009 2:00 PM

Review by ohio:

My husband has been using drugs for so many years that I have lost track. First it was pills, any kind that he could get. Then it was heroin, crack, and cocaine till I gave up on him (it was a nightmare). Then he went back to pills. It seemed like it was never going to end. He began to not want to go anywhere but work. He would lay around the house all day, in a deep depression. He tried to quit almost every other day when he was down and out. I hated it. I then talked him into researching SUBOXONE, we did it together. The following week he went to a very nice doctor who understood about his problem. It has only been a week that he has been on Suboxone but WHAT A DIFFERENCE. He is like a new man. He takes 2 daily and is more normal.

July 18, 2009 6:49 PM

Review by whew!:

I started Suboxone 15 days ago to combat a 4 year opiate addiction. I've read a lot of reviews of Suboxone and many of them weren't good. Sorry about you all because this drug is great. I had the normal ope addiction, and here, on day 15, I'm down to one 2mg dose in the morning. I didn't remember to take that until noon. It works, it works so well. No withdrawals, have energy, no desire to take anything else. Bottom line, I plan to stop the Suboxone. They work and I feel normal again. I don't care if there is an opiate whatever in there, they work, are prescribed and I am me again. I'm so happy and relieved.

July 17, 2009 12:41 AM

Review by buddy1168:

I have severe chronic pain and have had everything that every doctor ever wanted to try on me only to make everything worse. I have been on pain medicines for 10 years and I tried Suboxone. It's great for getting off the pain medicines because it stops the withdrawals but it doesn't work for pain for more than about a week. I tried it for a month but the pain I am in was just too much to handle for me.

July 16, 2009 10:03 PM

Review by gr8ful:

I have been addicted to opiates for the last 10 years. Nothing was off limits to me and the more the better. Percs, Vics, Roxicets, Oxys, demerol, methadone, heroin--whatever, it didn't really matter to me. I stole, lied, and did whatever it took for me to get pills. I've lost jobs due to my addiction. I had tried to quit many times and could not. The withdrawals were so painful and intense. I couldn't even get up in the morning and take a shower without opiates much less go to work or take care of my toddler. Suboxone has given me the chance to get my life back. Suboxone, in conjunction with a 12 step program, has given me hope. Please, if you are an addict, seek help from a Doctor qualified in addiction - there is hope out there for us.

July 15, 2009 12:45 PM

Review by Kevinkk07:

I have been using this drug to help with withdrawals from Vicodin. It seems to be working really well and is taking away the craving to take Vicodin as well. I just worry about when they take me off of it how I will feel then.

July 11, 2009 4:28 AM

Review by mr. stevens:

I have read way too many posts saying Suboxone is such a miracle wonder drug and it immediately takes withdrawal away. I've also seen many posts saying I've been on Suboxone for so and so years and haven't touched any opiates since. Just remember Suboxone is another opiate, it just doesn't get you high. I am in no way against Suboxone as it has helped me tremendously. But I just want everyone to understand the real test will come when you get off the Suboxone. You must prepare yourself for a withdrawal even after tapering off. Remember stopping Suboxone is when you can really consider yourself clean, not during the Suboxone treatment. Please everyone try to taper off as soon as you can to be 100% opiate free.

276 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2009 1:13 PM

Review by VIVA5822:

My husband and I both have been popping pills for years. Hydrocone, Oxycodone, barbiturates, whatever we could get. After trying to quit cold turkey, or going in a detox center, whatever is was, always failed us....or we failed it. Now we are winning the battle. Hubby went on it about a week ago, and I just started a few days ago. Neither of us had withdrawals from the opioids we were taking, and neither of us has cravings. Thank Goodness. So our livers are now getting a much needed rest, and our money is going where it SHOULD go to now. We both have experienced some headaches on Suboxone, but they aren't that bad, and go away after a bit. It gives me dry mouth really bad. So, remember, this drug is just a tool in the road to recovery.

July 10, 2009 9:10 AM

I used them during this past quitting attempt and found them to help my symptoms of getting healthy again to the point where I could actually get to work while kicking my habit. Two orange flavored thumbs up.

July 2, 2009 12:41 AM

Review by Shelltown:

I was hooked for 6 years on every pill out there. Suboxone turned my whole world around. I'm off of it now and can tell you the withdrawals are bad only for 4 days. Then I was really tired for about a week. That was when I stopped Suboxone cold turkey. I got on it again because I relapsed. I weened myself off of Suboxone in 2 months and had NO withdrawals or fatigue at all. If you are hooked on opiates, this is the help you've been looking for. It works. Call a doctor now and stop wasting your money on pain pills. This saved my life and my family. Thank you Reckitt Benckiser for this amazing drug.

June 28, 2009 4:25 AM

Review by kickin it:

I have been addicted for 10 years. With Suboxone I am sober in a word. I go to work and I function. I feel as if my life has been changed.

June 24, 2009 4:34 PM

Review by Panix:

I was using 3-5 bags of heroin a day. I got started on 8mg Suboxone and it has kept the urges and withdrawals to nothing. Like everyone else, I'd buy the man who invented this a beer, because this is God's gift to junkies.

June 14, 2009 2:30 AM

This medicine saved my life. It will save yours too if it is not abused.

June 9, 2009 6:08 PM

Review by bluedaze06:

This drug is amazing. My father was an addict. He was having horrible back pain and ended up getting addicted to hydrocodone. He turned into someone I didn't know. It was horrible. He went to detox three times and it didn't work. He'd get right back on it once he got back into the real world. A few months after the last detox, his counselor put him in touch with a doctor who worked with addicts and Suboxone. Since then, he's back to the dad I know. I never thought he'd be able to completely kick the pain pills. I wanted to believe it, but deep down, I just didn't think he could do it, based on his track record. But he did! If you or someone you love is addicted to opiates, try this drug. God bless whoever created it.

June 9, 2009 5:01 PM

Review by Coal regions:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am off Suboxone now for 4 months and feel like myself again. I was in treatment for a year and gradually weaned off. For everyone looking for help, give it a try, it will be worth it. My family has me back and I have my life back. It feels so good to wake up and not wonder where I'm going to get another pill. It's not easy, but if you want to be clean, you have to stick to the treatment and not go back to using drugs because you feel sick at times. Just think of never going through that again. I know I won't. Good luck.

June 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Review by firemanfromguam:

I started out with Vicodin 5mg to 10mg, than to a combination of oxycontin 40mg twice a day with the use of about 8 x 10mg of percocets in between the days. I tried to get off multiple times but as you all already know its almost impossible unless you enjoy agony and pain. I finally found 1 doctor on this whole island of mine that can prescribe the drug. Her directions was to wait 48 hours before starting, it was the weekend and I couldn't get a hold of her to ask if I could take it once I felt the withdrawals. I took it 10 hours after my last dose of percocet. I felt relieved about 20 minutes later. It was exactly 1 week from the time I started and don't need it. My advice, get off it in 1 week. Take my advice it worked.

June 6, 2009 5:46 AM