User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was on the highway to ruin. I was extremely addicted to Oxycontin. My source was "gone" one day. I was in hell with the withdrawal symptoms. I got a prescription for Suboxone. Then after a few hours the withdrawal subsided. I proceeded to feel better and better. I'm now almost completely off of Suboxone and reducing it steadily. I am telling you people that I beat a brick wall of withdrawal by a few hours. I went on to have a great weekend with my wife out of town without ever having to worry about running around to find more Oxycontin. Look up Senator Orrin Hatch and his great work to legalize Suboxone. It is a true wonder.

March 16, 2009 5:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had always "played' with pills but when I started getting kidney stones back to back I found a pain management doctor who would prescribe anything I wanted to me. It became VERY easy for me to fake a stone at the hospital so they could give me dilauad in my i.v. (that was my all time favorite). I was on 30 mg of oxycodone 3 times a day and 10mg of percocet 3 times a day too. This went on for what seemed like forever. I decided one day to deal with the kidney pain and to get clean. I went to the local doctor who does prescribe suboxone and wow! What a difference? I have been on them now for almost a month and I feel amazing. I have been slowly weening myself off. PRAISE SUBOXONE!

March 3, 2009 12:37 AM
Review by 56787: User Rating:

I can say that this medicine help me a lot. I no longer want to use vicodin. I have been on this drug for a year now and have my life back and am now in control. I only have 3 months before I am finished with my program.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 2, 2009 3:38 PM
Review by KK-NC:

My husband and I have been popping pills for 4 years. I want to scream or cry when I think about the wasted dollars and how we have betrayed our families. I overdosed last March and you would THINK that would have stopped me or us, but it didn't. We started Suboxone 2 days ago through a friend who is trying to help us stop our drug use. I finally feel like I MAY have a life after all. I have felt so desperate at times, it's hard to believe that there IS a cure, and I think we've found it. Thanks to the makers of this miracle drug. After reading these reviews, I have MORE hope. Thank you.

February 25, 2009 9:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This stuff works great. I was on 10/325 Percocet (10 a day) for 8 months on and off after I broke my ankle. I honestly LOVED the way the it made me feel and everytime I went to get a refill I knew that I was getting deeper and deeper into this painkiller mess. One of the biggest scares on the back of my mind was how could I stop without the crazy withdrawal symptoms I encountered when I tried to stop before. I heard about suboxone and gave it a try. All it took was 4 DAYS on Suboxone. I am opiate free and haven't touched it since.

February 24, 2009 5:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was prescribed 4 X 80mg tablets a day by some doctor a friend told me to go see, long story short, I was snorting them everyday, at least two to three a day. I tried to stop cold turkey, but was impossible, found out about Suboxone on internet, went to a doctor who can prescribe them, it's been two weeks now. I don't even have to take the suboxone anymore, they are super effective and I recommend them to anyone who wants their lives back. IT TAKES SOME WILL POWER AS WELL, BUT WITHOUT SUBOXONE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP.

February 23, 2009 11:34 PM
Review by Meggers: User Rating:

I was addicted to opiates for about a year, my boyfriend for 2 years or so. We did pretty much any sort of opiate under the sun we could get our hands on. We thrived on them. Our friend had the same PROBLEM we did and was expecting a son that coming year. He got his life straight and got put on Suboxone. Couple of weeks down the road we saw how GREAT he was doing and how he hadn't touched anything for those couple of weeks already. We were shocked, we decided that it was time to get our lives on track again. We went to the same doctor as our friend and now we have been absolutely clean for the past 2 1/2 months to the day. If you are addicted and want help, don't hesitate to get into the nearest doctor - trust me!

February 23, 2009 4:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have abused Oxycontin for about 2 years. Suboxone has dramatically reduced my withdrawal symptoms, which you can guess were severe. The secret to taking suboxones is that you should only stay on them for about 1-2 weeks and constantly decrease your dosage. If you take them as prescribed your only getting addicted to a new drug, I took whole tablets the first few days then halfs and then quarters. Trust me if you take the drug everyday then stop the withdrawals are just as bad as your opiate of choice. I realize only 1-2 weeks sounds quick but after that you will no longer have withdrawals but it's also will power.

February 19, 2009 6:05 PM
Review by glad2Bsober: User Rating:

I was taking Lorcet and Soma's for about 4 years. I was taking anywhere from 5 to 20 a day. I heard about Suboxone a while back. Finally I decided it was my time to stop using so I did a little research on doctors that prescibed it in Houston, found a reasonable clinic, and I love it. I have already referred 2 friends, that thought like me, that they couldn't live without the pills. If you are serious about quitting, I definitely recommend suboxone. IT WORKS. Good luck to those of you trying to get sober.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2009 10:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It is a miracle drug. If it helped me, it can help anyone.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2009 6:19 PM
Review by nick1212: User Rating:

I have been taking opiates for years. It started with lortab then oxycodone and finally heroin. It ended up taking my brothers life at 36 years old. He left a wife and 4 beautiful children. Suboxone has been a miracle for me. I'm in the process of tapering off through my doctor. I'm looking forward to that day. What a blessing.

February 12, 2009 4:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Excellent drug! Works miraculously!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 10, 2009 9:24 PM
Review by FoundMyHigherPower: User Rating:

I've taking this for 3 months and slowly stopped. Bottom line, it has helped me get my life back together. But it is NOT a miracle drug. This isn't something you pop under your tounge and get cured. The first time I started on this medication I truly believed and tried to convince myself that I was going to be fine just taking this alone. Bottom line, I relapsed twice. You need a support network and people that you can relate to. For me this medication and NA saved my life. If you are a parent, please be supportive and convince your son or daughter to make meetings%u2026 but more importantly, DO IT WITH LOVE.

February 9, 2009 6:53 PM
Review by SmacKOxyConTiN: User Rating:

This drug has saved my life literally. I have a long sad history of drug abuse. I was on a minimum 1600mg's of oxycodone a day for over three years. I had to do ridiculous things to support my habit. I have been to countless rehabs but to no avail. Although the physical withdrawel part is hard, it is nothing compared to the depression which follows. I was hospitalized numerous times following the detox for having serious suicidal thoughts. This is the only thing that worked for me. Now I am clean for over a year and am down to around 5-6 mg's of Suboxone a day.

February 6, 2009 6:23 AM
Review by LisaJeanWeis: User Rating:

I was addicted to opiate pain killers for a little over a year, and it got to the point where if I didn't take them I would get cold sweats, body aches, and diarrhea. My whole world revolved around taking vicodin or Norcos. I had to take them just to feel normal. Then I heard about a drug called Suboxone. I went to a drug rehabilitation clinic, and they prescribed it to me. Twenty minutes after taking it I felt 100 times better. I can't believe how amazingly it worked. Some people try to say that it is just substituting one drug for another, but that is definitely not the case. Suboxone was not at all addictive nor did it cause me to have withdrawls. It is an awesome drug and I definitely recommend it to anyone with opiate dependence.

January 27, 2009 3:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I'm 30 years old with 3 kids and I was addicted to Vicodin and Percocets. Everyday was all about waking up and waiting by the phone to find my pills for the day or I couldn't take care of my kids. The worst was panicking when I couldn't find anything. I would take it out on my kids when it wasn't their fault. I was addicted for 6 years. After a while I needed more and more so I started getting sick and had the worst withdrawls. So I got Suboxone and am feeling wonderful. I have a smile 24/7. It's the best. I can sleep and enjoy my kids. The discoverer is a genius.

January 25, 2009 4:54 PM
Review by scully006: User Rating:

I know people keep saying how bad the suboxone withdrawal is, but it really isn't that bad in comparison to the harder opiates. Over my years of experience with this I have noticed that withdrawal symptoms are largely all in the head. I know people who have never had withdrawal symptoms simply by not thinking about it. I myself have been slowly tapering off of suboxone for about 8 months. I try to take it later and later in the day. Push yourself to wait another hour. Take a smaller amt and stay busy! Boredom will make you relapse! Exercise, take vitamins, eat healthy. It is a good idea to start doing these things before attempting to stop the suboxone.

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 19, 2009 12:26 PM
Review by JMR2124: User Rating:

I have been addicted to Percocet, Lortab, Morphine IR, and Oxycodone for almost 6 years since a horrible accident. I was so fed up with feeling like shit every 15 days after I ran out of my medicines. I couldn't wait to make another excuse to my pain doctor to get more pills. On Monday (1/12/09) I was done. Live or die? I chose to live. I went to my doctor and told them that I wanted to change - NOW! They referred me to a specialist in addiction. I was given 8mg of Suboxone immediately upon arrival (I was in SEVERE withdrawal). One hour later, I felt ALIVE again. I don't mean high, I mean alive! NO WITHDRAWALS! COMPLETELY GONE! NO CRAVINGS!- NOTHING. I have lost EVERYTHING but now I have my life. Suboxone is a miracle!

January 15, 2009 11:42 AM
Review by edelmar: User Rating:

This is the real deal. I was smoking a gram a day of heroin for about a year. I had tried to quit cold turkey- didn't work. I didn't even last two days before I went out again. Then I was prescribed other medicines to help with the detox. I gave these up after three days of insomnia and being anxious and depressed. Finally I tried Suboxone and it made all the difference in the world. I was super cold the first two days, but on day three I woke up feeling great. I've been on one 8mg pill a day for about three weeks now and I feel better than I have in years. Even people who don't know I was a junkie have commented on how much better I look. The best part is I have no cravings and I have money again.

January 12, 2009 4:26 AM
Review by lostmylove: User Rating:

I was taking 50-70 Vicodins a day. That's about $300 a day. I found the man of my dreams and all I could think about was getting my pills everyday. He noticed and started to step back from the relationship. By the time I came clean to him and asked for help he was fed up and of course another girl was showing interest so before I knew it, he was calling me a worthless person and kicking me out of our house. I lost him forever so I started Suboxone 2 days ago and I'm myself again. It's great for me but too late for us. So get the drug before it's too late. It works I promise. I tried cold turkey. It's not worth it. Just give it a shot. You have nothing to lose.

January 3, 2009 10:16 PM

This is a magic pill. Just started the program. It feels good not to have those awful withdrawals.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 18, 2008 3:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I started a Suboxone Maintenance program the day after I got out of treatment and have been taking it daily for 15 months. I have never relapsed with my drug of choice, heroin. This medication I feel has helped drastically in saving my life. And for that reason I rated it a 9. If I had one negative feeling towards this drug it would be that there is withdrawal symptoms you will experience when stopping taking it but not a fraction of what you would feel if you were stopping opiates.

December 10, 2008 2:24 PM
Review by Myself Again: User Rating:

I was on about one 60mg a day of Oxycodone for about 2 years. Tried going cold turkey about 1 month ago and it was horrible. Had to get back on at least one 40mg of Oxycodone per day. I was given 5 8mg Suboxone pills and after about 12 hours after the last Oxycodone dosage, I started withdrawing so I took the first Suboxone pill entirely. Amazing how the withdrawal went away after a few minutes. Since then I've taken half a pill a day. I'm on the third day so I have 2 and a half Suboxone pills, but I doubt I will take them all. I will stop taking them now and only take more if, and only if, I get any withdrawal symptoms. This is amazing, life-saving stuff.

December 2, 2008 10:38 AM
Review by B1ofLove: User Rating:

It is difficult when a relapse occurs, a patient needs to wait about 24 hours from their last opiate use before they can begin the suboxone again. Many opiate addicts become "sick", and are too tempted to take the suboxone too soon. Then because they take the Suboxone too soon, they become even MORE sick, because the Naloxone antagonizes the opiates still in the body. I've experienced this myself because I tried so hard to wait out the time and couldn't bear it. So I took the Suboxone early and felt like I've never felt before. I had the feeling of jolts in my legs. My skin felt like there were bugs crawling on me, I felt so internally cold, as if I were in a refrigerator, etc. But waiting 24 hours is too long.

November 29, 2008 10:25 PM
Review by kurstyn75: User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone for almost a year. I was using 80mg Oxy's for almost 6 months prior to this drug. Suboxone has saved my life, my marriage, my sanity etc. I do have some side effects but I am used to them. The side effects are constipation, sweating, and sometimes mild headaches. I also had trouble urinating at first. I am ready to taper the dose. I recommend this medicine to all who suffer with opiate dependence like I do. It truely helped me get in a program without being "dope sick" first and it helps with cravings. Good luck to all.

November 16, 2008 10:43 PM