User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

This medicine saved my life. It will save yours too if it is not abused.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2009 6:08 PM

Review by bluedaze06:

This drug is amazing. My father was an addict. He was having horrible back pain and ended up getting addicted to hydrocodone. He turned into someone I didn't know. It was horrible. He went to detox three times and it didn't work. He'd get right back on it once he got back into the real world. A few months after the last detox, his counselor put him in touch with a doctor who worked with addicts and Suboxone. Since then, he's back to the dad I know. I never thought he'd be able to completely kick the pain pills. I wanted to believe it, but deep down, I just didn't think he could do it, based on his track record. But he did! If you or someone you love is addicted to opiates, try this drug. God bless whoever created it.

June 9, 2009 5:01 PM

Review by Coal regions:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am off Suboxone now for 4 months and feel like myself again. I was in treatment for a year and gradually weaned off. For everyone looking for help, give it a try, it will be worth it. My family has me back and I have my life back. It feels so good to wake up and not wonder where I'm going to get another pill. It's not easy, but if you want to be clean, you have to stick to the treatment and not go back to using drugs because you feel sick at times. Just think of never going through that again. I know I won't. Good luck.

June 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Review by firemanfromguam:

I started out with Vicodin 5mg to 10mg, than to a combination of oxycontin 40mg twice a day with the use of about 8 x 10mg of percocets in between the days. I tried to get off multiple times but as you all already know its almost impossible unless you enjoy agony and pain. I finally found 1 doctor on this whole island of mine that can prescribe the drug. Her directions was to wait 48 hours before starting, it was the weekend and I couldn't get a hold of her to ask if I could take it once I felt the withdrawals. I took it 10 hours after my last dose of percocet. I felt relieved about 20 minutes later. It was exactly 1 week from the time I started and don't need it. My advice, get off it in 1 week. Take my advice it worked.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2009 5:46 AM

Been on Suboxone for almost 3 and 1/2 years after an 80 day oxycodone habit or anything else. Been on it for too long and am at 4mg's a day. Been clean for all 3 1/2 years.

May 29, 2009 8:26 PM

Review by suboxoneaddict:

I took Suboxone for 3 days straight and my withdrawals were gone. I've been clean for 10 days - off Oxycontin.

May 14, 2009 8:44 PM

Review by been though it all:

Wow! That's all I can say. I had my doubts. Withdrawals- fever, cold sweats, chills, dilated pupils, upset stomach, shakes, extreme anxiety, loss of appetite, should I say more - well I did not have one of them. Suboxone - a miracle drug.

May 13, 2009 3:18 PM

I have been on oxycontin and oxycodone for years. Up to 400 mg a day - and that was taken as prescribed. I'm not a drug addict but unfortunately medicines of this nature cause physical dependence and it doesn't matter if you use them as prescribed or not, after prolonged use, the withdrawal is horrific, to say the least. You don't need to be an addict to use Suboxone. Suboxone allows you to detox in a nice, comfortable and more importantly, a humane way. If you have pain, the pain will not go away. It's not perfect but it will take care of most of the detox symptoms in a way that you will be able to function. You don't have to go "cold turkey" and it's even better than "tapering off" what you're used to taking. Try Suboxone, it works.

May 7, 2009 9:30 PM

I had an opiate problem for two years. I went to plenty of rehabs and all they kept telling me was that I would detox myself off of it. It wasn't easy. I would be in rehab for weeks, even still withdrawing they would let me out. So as soon as I got the free chance from Rehab I would go right back to opiates. When my family finally realized what was going on in my life, they threw me into the best rehab in Vermont. I was there for two months and throughout it all they helped me out. They didn't make me detox on my own. They allowed me to try Suboxone. It helped me through so much.

April 28, 2009 4:24 PM

If you are addicted to narcotic pain killers I would definitely recommend this drug to you.

April 25, 2009 9:50 PM

Review by Brad And Beth:

I was recently prescribed Suboxone by my Neurologist to Detox off of Oxycontin. I was taking 180 mg of Oxycontin daily and struggled with keeping a regulated amount constant throughout the day and had many side effects from the Oxycontin. My Neurologist prescribed me 8mg/2mg tablets full time for not only detoxing off of the Oxycontin but also to treat chronic pain that I deal with daily from damage to discs in my spine from T4 - T11 and L5-S1. On Suboxone, my pain levels are very low (1-2), depression is minimal and the obvious, withdrawal symptoms from the Oxycontin were suppressed completely 20 minutes after my initial dose approximately 16 hours after my last dose of Oxycontin. Excellent Drug for Pain Management.

April 23, 2009 8:40 PM

Review by subutex:

It sometimes gives me headaches and also made me gain weight. But overall I gave it a high rating because it changed my life drastically. I no longer am allowing opiates to run my life.

April 21, 2009 10:25 PM

Review by young_mothers_101:

This medication has saved my life. I have mental clarity for the first time in years and all of the "aches and pains" have gone away. Occasional user of percocet and vicodin as a teenager, not addicted until prescribed by a physician. I have irritable bowel syndrome and it seemed to cure my problems, along with keeping me high (and broke). I would recommend this medication to anyone who is tired of chasing that high. It works, but you have to be ready to give up the high. The first few days were horrible for me, but it definitely gets better!

April 14, 2009 10:42 PM

Review by Noizz:

I have been struggling with pain killers for the last ten years (15-20 Lortab 10's/10 SOMAS per day), then after many attempts to stop, 7 Rehabs. I read about the Suboxone program on the internet. I found a clinic in my area that offered Suboxone and decided to try it. I started the program taking 2/8mg pills per day, and it is an absolute MIRACLE. I won't lie to you, the mental cravings are still with me, but with time they have gotten a lot better (and a support group will definitely help with that part, and changing the people you hang out, if that is a problem will be a major plus). PLEASE BELIEVE ME, YOU CAN GET YOUR LIFE BACK. It it is not easy, but with will power, you can do this. STICK WITH IT WORKS.

April 9, 2009 4:21 AM

Review by mrr:

40 years of methadone- 1 year of Suboxone. Life is good again.

April 6, 2009 9:57 PM

This is the wonder drug. I was on Vicodin and oxycodone for over 6 years from back surgery. I found a doctor who helped me get off them and give me life again. It saved me from losing my family and my friends. Suboxone starting working immediately after the first dose. Instantly I was feeling better about my life. If in doubt don't be, admit you have a problem and get some help. Read all the above comments, they are true.

April 6, 2009 4:14 PM

Review by twixer12:

I was hooked on pain killers for over 5 years and was taking 30 to 35 pills a day and did so for more than 1 year. I have been taking Suboxone for almost 3 years, under my doctors orders. Suboxone has saved my life. It is a wonder drug as far as I am concerned. Thank you suboxone and I sure hope other drug addicted people find this wonder drug to help them save their life like it did mine.

April 3, 2009 1:35 AM

I was prescribed Suboxone 8mg (naloxone 2mg) and found that the benefits were far greater than the side effects. Upon my initial use, I began to feel better about 30 minutes after administration. About 3 days later, I had no cravings for opiates or other drugs. I began to feel like a normal person again. There are a few side effects that not everybody feels, but I did for many weeks which was nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle aches and joint pain. I also experienced a lot of sweating. For the nausea and vomiting my doctor prescribed Phenergan, which worked great except it makes you very sleepy. After about 3 months of taking the Suboxone and a few minor dosage adjustments, I feel even better and have not returned to opiate usage.

March 29, 2009 4:19 PM

Review by Rhf:

It works. I went from taking over 160mg of oxycodone per day for years to 2 x 8mg Suboxone per day. 11 months later and I feel like I've been given a 2nd chance at life. Great doctor, great drug, I do my part. It works.

March 28, 2009 5:19 PM

Review by alwaysok:

It works very well for me. I was on methadone for 13 years and then went to Suboxone. It's so much better for my body than Methadone.

March 27, 2009 9:44 AM

Review by tryingtobebetter:

Suboxone is a very helpful drug, 3 years of addiction, thousands of dollars later and a lot of hurt family and friends also. Mostly OC 40,60,80 etc, etc. Suboxone is a good stepping stone I feel, but I truly feel that the inner feeling to be that person everyone missed and missing that person I was myself, is major in recovering. I have been on 1 x 8mg a day for about 4 months. Life is too short to be selfish for yourself to not at least try to feel and be better.

March 27, 2009 1:08 AM

I was on the highway to ruin. I was extremely addicted to Oxycontin. My source was "gone" one day. I was in hell with the withdrawal symptoms. I got a prescription for Suboxone. Then after a few hours the withdrawal subsided. I proceeded to feel better and better. I'm now almost completely off of Suboxone and reducing it steadily. I am telling you people that I beat a brick wall of withdrawal by a few hours. I went on to have a great weekend with my wife out of town without ever having to worry about running around to find more Oxycontin. Look up Senator Orrin Hatch and his great work to legalize Suboxone. It is a true wonder.

March 16, 2009 5:34 PM

I had always "played' with pills but when I started getting kidney stones back to back I found a pain management doctor who would prescribe anything I wanted to me. It became VERY easy for me to fake a stone at the hospital so they could give me dilauad in my i.v. (that was my all time favorite). I was on 30 mg of oxycodone 3 times a day and 10mg of percocet 3 times a day too. This went on for what seemed like forever. I decided one day to deal with the kidney pain and to get clean. I went to the local doctor who does prescribe suboxone and wow! What a difference? I have been on them now for almost a month and I feel amazing. I have been slowly weening myself off. PRAISE SUBOXONE!

March 3, 2009 12:37 AM

Review by 56787:

I can say that this medicine help me a lot. I no longer want to use vicodin. I have been on this drug for a year now and have my life back and am now in control. I only have 3 months before I am finished with my program.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2009 3:38 PM

Review by KK-NC:

My husband and I have been popping pills for 4 years. I want to scream or cry when I think about the wasted dollars and how we have betrayed our families. I overdosed last March and you would THINK that would have stopped me or us, but it didn't. We started Suboxone 2 days ago through a friend who is trying to help us stop our drug use. I finally feel like I MAY have a life after all. I have felt so desperate at times, it's hard to believe that there IS a cure, and I think we've found it. Thanks to the makers of this miracle drug. After reading these reviews, I have MORE hope. Thank you.

February 25, 2009 9:16 PM