Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by whew!:

I started Suboxone 15 days ago to combat a 4 year opiate addiction. I've read a lot of reviews of Suboxone and many of them weren't good. Sorry about you all because this drug is great. I had the normal ope addiction, and here, on day 15, I'm down to one 2mg dose in the morning. I didn't remember to take that until noon. It works, it works so well. No withdrawals, have energy, no desire to take anything else. Bottom line, I plan to stop the Suboxone. They work and I feel normal again. I don't care if there is an opiate whatever in there, they work, are prescribed and I am me again. I'm so happy and relieved.

July 17, 2009 12:41 AM

Review by buddy1168:

I have severe chronic pain and have had everything that every doctor ever wanted to try on me only to make everything worse. I have been on pain medicines for 10 years and I tried Suboxone. It's great for getting off the pain medicines because it stops the withdrawals but it doesn't work for pain for more than about a week. I tried it for a month but the pain I am in was just too much to handle for me.

July 16, 2009 10:03 PM

Review by gr8ful:

I have been addicted to opiates for the last 10 years. Nothing was off limits to me and the more the better. Percs, Vics, Roxicets, Oxys, demerol, methadone, heroin--whatever, it didn't really matter to me. I stole, lied, and did whatever it took for me to get pills. I've lost jobs due to my addiction. I had tried to quit many times and could not. The withdrawals were so painful and intense. I couldn't even get up in the morning and take a shower without opiates much less go to work or take care of my toddler. Suboxone has given me the chance to get my life back. Suboxone, in conjunction with a 12 step program, has given me hope. Please, if you are an addict, seek help from a Doctor qualified in addiction - there is hope out there for us.

July 15, 2009 12:45 PM

Review by Kevinkk07:

I have been using this drug to help with withdrawals from Vicodin. It seems to be working really well and is taking away the craving to take Vicodin as well. I just worry about when they take me off of it how I will feel then.

July 11, 2009 4:28 AM

Review by mr. stevens:

I have read way too many posts saying Suboxone is such a miracle wonder drug and it immediately takes withdrawal away. I've also seen many posts saying I've been on Suboxone for so and so years and haven't touched any opiates since. Just remember Suboxone is another opiate, it just doesn't get you high. I am in no way against Suboxone as it has helped me tremendously. But I just want everyone to understand the real test will come when you get off the Suboxone. You must prepare yourself for a withdrawal even after tapering off. Remember stopping Suboxone is when you can really consider yourself clean, not during the Suboxone treatment. Please everyone try to taper off as soon as you can to be 100% opiate free.

274 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2009 1:13 PM

Review by VIVA5822:

My husband and I both have been popping pills for years. Hydrocone, Oxycodone, barbiturates, whatever we could get. After trying to quit cold turkey, or going in a detox center, whatever is was, always failed us....or we failed it. Now we are winning the battle. Hubby went on it about a week ago, and I just started a few days ago. Neither of us had withdrawals from the opioids we were taking, and neither of us has cravings. Thank Goodness. So our livers are now getting a much needed rest, and our money is going where it SHOULD go to now. We both have experienced some headaches on Suboxone, but they aren't that bad, and go away after a bit. It gives me dry mouth really bad. So, remember, this drug is just a tool in the road to recovery.

July 10, 2009 9:10 AM

I used them during this past quitting attempt and found them to help my symptoms of getting healthy again to the point where I could actually get to work while kicking my habit. Two orange flavored thumbs up.

July 2, 2009 12:41 AM

Review by Shelltown:

I was hooked for 6 years on every pill out there. Suboxone turned my whole world around. I'm off of it now and can tell you the withdrawals are bad only for 4 days. Then I was really tired for about a week. That was when I stopped Suboxone cold turkey. I got on it again because I relapsed. I weened myself off of Suboxone in 2 months and had NO withdrawals or fatigue at all. If you are hooked on opiates, this is the help you've been looking for. It works. Call a doctor now and stop wasting your money on pain pills. This saved my life and my family. Thank you Reckitt Benckiser for this amazing drug.

June 28, 2009 4:25 AM

Review by kickin it:

I have been addicted for 10 years. With Suboxone I am sober in a word. I go to work and I function. I feel as if my life has been changed.

June 24, 2009 4:34 PM

Review by Panix:

I was using 3-5 bags of heroin a day. I got started on 8mg Suboxone and it has kept the urges and withdrawals to nothing. Like everyone else, I'd buy the man who invented this a beer, because this is God's gift to junkies.

June 14, 2009 2:30 AM

This medicine saved my life. It will save yours too if it is not abused.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2009 6:08 PM

Review by bluedaze06:

This drug is amazing. My father was an addict. He was having horrible back pain and ended up getting addicted to hydrocodone. He turned into someone I didn't know. It was horrible. He went to detox three times and it didn't work. He'd get right back on it once he got back into the real world. A few months after the last detox, his counselor put him in touch with a doctor who worked with addicts and Suboxone. Since then, he's back to the dad I know. I never thought he'd be able to completely kick the pain pills. I wanted to believe it, but deep down, I just didn't think he could do it, based on his track record. But he did! If you or someone you love is addicted to opiates, try this drug. God bless whoever created it.

June 9, 2009 5:01 PM

Review by Coal regions:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am off Suboxone now for 4 months and feel like myself again. I was in treatment for a year and gradually weaned off. For everyone looking for help, give it a try, it will be worth it. My family has me back and I have my life back. It feels so good to wake up and not wonder where I'm going to get another pill. It's not easy, but if you want to be clean, you have to stick to the treatment and not go back to using drugs because you feel sick at times. Just think of never going through that again. I know I won't. Good luck.

June 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Review by firemanfromguam:

I started out with Vicodin 5mg to 10mg, than to a combination of oxycontin 40mg twice a day with the use of about 8 x 10mg of percocets in between the days. I tried to get off multiple times but as you all already know its almost impossible unless you enjoy agony and pain. I finally found 1 doctor on this whole island of mine that can prescribe the drug. Her directions was to wait 48 hours before starting, it was the weekend and I couldn't get a hold of her to ask if I could take it once I felt the withdrawals. I took it 10 hours after my last dose of percocet. I felt relieved about 20 minutes later. It was exactly 1 week from the time I started and don't need it. My advice, get off it in 1 week. Take my advice it worked.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2009 5:46 AM

Been on Suboxone for almost 3 and 1/2 years after an 80 day oxycodone habit or anything else. Been on it for too long and am at 4mg's a day. Been clean for all 3 1/2 years.

May 29, 2009 8:26 PM

Review by suboxoneaddict:

I took Suboxone for 3 days straight and my withdrawals were gone. I've been clean for 10 days - off Oxycontin.

May 14, 2009 8:44 PM

Review by been though it all:

Wow! That's all I can say. I had my doubts. Withdrawals- fever, cold sweats, chills, dilated pupils, upset stomach, shakes, extreme anxiety, loss of appetite, should I say more - well I did not have one of them. Suboxone - a miracle drug.

May 13, 2009 3:18 PM

I have been on oxycontin and oxycodone for years. Up to 400 mg a day - and that was taken as prescribed. I'm not a drug addict but unfortunately medicines of this nature cause physical dependence and it doesn't matter if you use them as prescribed or not, after prolonged use, the withdrawal is horrific, to say the least. You don't need to be an addict to use Suboxone. Suboxone allows you to detox in a nice, comfortable and more importantly, a humane way. If you have pain, the pain will not go away. It's not perfect but it will take care of most of the detox symptoms in a way that you will be able to function. You don't have to go "cold turkey" and it's even better than "tapering off" what you're used to taking. Try Suboxone, it works.

May 7, 2009 9:30 PM

I had an opiate problem for two years. I went to plenty of rehabs and all they kept telling me was that I would detox myself off of it. It wasn't easy. I would be in rehab for weeks, even still withdrawing they would let me out. So as soon as I got the free chance from Rehab I would go right back to opiates. When my family finally realized what was going on in my life, they threw me into the best rehab in Vermont. I was there for two months and throughout it all they helped me out. They didn't make me detox on my own. They allowed me to try Suboxone. It helped me through so much.

April 28, 2009 4:24 PM

If you are addicted to narcotic pain killers I would definitely recommend this drug to you.

April 25, 2009 9:50 PM

Review by Brad And Beth:

I was recently prescribed Suboxone by my Neurologist to Detox off of Oxycontin. I was taking 180 mg of Oxycontin daily and struggled with keeping a regulated amount constant throughout the day and had many side effects from the Oxycontin. My Neurologist prescribed me 8mg/2mg tablets full time for not only detoxing off of the Oxycontin but also to treat chronic pain that I deal with daily from damage to discs in my spine from T4 - T11 and L5-S1. On Suboxone, my pain levels are very low (1-2), depression is minimal and the obvious, withdrawal symptoms from the Oxycontin were suppressed completely 20 minutes after my initial dose approximately 16 hours after my last dose of Oxycontin. Excellent Drug for Pain Management.

April 23, 2009 8:40 PM

Review by subutex:

It sometimes gives me headaches and also made me gain weight. But overall I gave it a high rating because it changed my life drastically. I no longer am allowing opiates to run my life.

April 21, 2009 10:25 PM

Review by young_mothers_101:

This medication has saved my life. I have mental clarity for the first time in years and all of the "aches and pains" have gone away. Occasional user of percocet and vicodin as a teenager, not addicted until prescribed by a physician. I have irritable bowel syndrome and it seemed to cure my problems, along with keeping me high (and broke). I would recommend this medication to anyone who is tired of chasing that high. It works, but you have to be ready to give up the high. The first few days were horrible for me, but it definitely gets better!

April 14, 2009 10:42 PM

Review by Noizz:

I have been struggling with pain killers for the last ten years (15-20 Lortab 10's/10 SOMAS per day), then after many attempts to stop, 7 Rehabs. I read about the Suboxone program on the internet. I found a clinic in my area that offered Suboxone and decided to try it. I started the program taking 2/8mg pills per day, and it is an absolute MIRACLE. I won't lie to you, the mental cravings are still with me, but with time they have gotten a lot better (and a support group will definitely help with that part, and changing the people you hang out, if that is a problem will be a major plus). PLEASE BELIEVE ME, YOU CAN GET YOUR LIFE BACK. It it is not easy, but with will power, you can do this. STICK WITH IT WORKS.

April 9, 2009 4:21 AM

Review by mrr:

40 years of methadone- 1 year of Suboxone. Life is good again.

April 6, 2009 9:57 PM