User Reviews for Suboxone

Learn more about Suboxone.

Suboxone review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Opiate Dependence.

Reviews for Suboxone to treat Opiate Dependence

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had been addicted to opiates for almost 3 years until I went into a detox center where they put me on Suboxone for 7 days. Of course when I was on it I felt great; but it has been over a week since I've stopped and I still feel terrible. There were actually 3 people in the facility that were trying to get off Suboxone, because they had been on it for so long. I know you people all feel its a miracle drug, but eventually you will have to stop taking it and hopefully weening off of it goes smoother for you. I've heard you don't want to take it for that long because its hard to come off. I do wish everyone the best of luck.

September 1, 2009 3:54 AM
Review by pete130: User Rating:

Addicted to heroin for 5 years, unable to get fully clean because of the agonizing withdrawals. Then my friend told me about Suboxone, referred me to her doctor, detoxed comfortably and I've been clean ever since. This is the miracle drug for many people who think there is no hope.

August 26, 2009 4:29 PM
Review by DemiseTheMoo: User Rating:

I used it to detox off of oxycodone and Oxycontin on the highest possible dose.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 22, 2009 11:04 PM
Review by JaimeF: User Rating:

I had been addicted to pain medication Oxycodones, Percocets, Vicodins, you name the pill, I've done it. I was severely addicted for about 2 years. I stole my mother's pain medicines that she needs, forged scripts, sold jewelry, lied, and went without food just to afford my pills and when I didn't have any pills? I got sicker than anyone who has been through it can imagine. I went into a detox after Mothers Day and was started on Suboxone. I take 16mg a day. I guess my dose is higher than most people due to the amount of pills I used to take (anywhere from 20-25 30mg Oxycodoness a day). On Suboxone I'm a better mother and person. I'm finally free of my addiction and now I'm just dependent on a medication that saved my life. Not a bad trade for a real life.

August 22, 2009 9:26 PM
Review by Hunt NXS: User Rating:

Suboxone got me off of the Norco, 10mg 6-8 a day. Now I take a half of a Suboxone in the morning and half around lunch. I've had zero side effects. This medicine is a miracle for me, I'm back to my old self and able to do things I thought I'd never be able to do again. I now coach my daughters fast pitch softball, Archery, and the outdoors, pain free. I know that this medication was not designed to provide "pain relief" but that is the best part about it.

August 13, 2009 4:42 PM
Review by trybus77: User Rating:

I can't say enough about this medicine. I became addicted to Vicodin and Percocet over the past year. I thought there was no hope for me. A friend of mine who was addicted to Oxycontin was put on Suboxone and told me about it. I found a doctor in my area who prescribed it and this has changed my life. I take a half of a 8mg pill 3 times a day and I no longer crave pain pills. It is amazing. I have energy and feel great. Only had bad side effect of nausea and headaches for the first 2 days. I highly recommend this to anyone with an opiate dependence. It will change your life!

August 12, 2009 8:04 PM
Review by SWIMMER 22: User Rating:

Done deal. Works great if you are committed.

August 11, 2009 4:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was opiate dependent for almost 6 years. Six years of my life that I hardly remember because I was in a cloud of Oxycontin and other heroin like prescription drugs. About 6 months ago I was introduced to the Suboxone program and ever since that day I've had my life back. I used to steal, lie and do whatever it took to get a fix. I lost my family, friendships, jobs, cars, everything. Now over the last six months I've turned into a different person, the person I was before taking drugs. I would recommend Suboxone for anyone who is dependent on pain killers. I would also however, recommend seeking counseling along with it to prevent any relapsing.

August 8, 2009 2:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

They work really well but they taste awful.

August 5, 2009 7:56 PM
Review by hms1859: User Rating:

Suboxone is a miracle pill -- it saved my life! Withdrawal symptoms immediately disappear and very little side effects.

August 4, 2009 7:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Kind of a pain trying to get it to dissolve under the tongue but well worth. No withdrawal getting off oxycodone.

July 31, 2009 8:33 PM
Review by im ready: User Rating:

I'm ready to be clean and be myself again. I was hooked on oxys 80mg for three years. This drug almost broke my marriage and led me to do things I thought I would never do from lying, stealing and unemployment from the first time I started using. When I started Suboxone my whole life has changed. I'm now a better wife, daughter and aunt again.

July 28, 2009 9:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amazing drug! My husband has an addictive personality and has spent the better part of 40 years abusing drugs. We heard about this treatment and both of us were skeptical that a simple pill could end the days of chasing street drugs and spending several hundred dollars each month for them. It has been just that - he has been on this now for 4 months and what a difference it has made in both of our lives. He has mental clarity, more energy - it's been a win-win for us.

July 26, 2009 4:08 PM
Review by bkev: User Rating:

4 years been sober works great!!!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 25, 2009 3:16 PM
Review by Lila Jane: User Rating:

This medicine saved my life.

July 25, 2009 9:59 AM
Review by RicanChica: User Rating:

I've been on Suboxone for 5 days now and I have been taking 40 to 50 pills a day of 15 to 30 mg of oxycodone that's 800 mg a day addiction. Suboxone has helped so much. Very few side effects for me, some chills and a little diarrhea. I use Benadryl to be able to sleep, but that's it. Tomorrow will be day 6 without anything, will keep you posted. Past 2 days I took only 1/2 a pill so maybe that's why I felt a little withdrawal symptoms but that's better than increasing Suboxone dose. Good luck to everyone and use it only to detox.

July 24, 2009 4:01 AM
Review by hopefull in arkansas: User Rating:

I have been on Suboxone for just over 2 months and it has changed my life. I no longer depend on the pain pills or go through the withdrawals when I couldn't get them. I would tell anyone who wants help to get on Suboxone because it really helps. The only problem is the taste.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 20, 2009 3:17 PM
Review by user4ever: User Rating:

I had a monkey on my back and the circus was in town, until I found Suboxone. It has really helped me and I am getting better every day. It is a long road but Suboxone makes it a little easier to walk. Thank you so much for giving me my life back.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 20, 2009 2:00 PM
Review by ohio: User Rating:

My husband has been using drugs for so many years that I have lost track. First it was pills, any kind that he could get. Then it was heroin, crack, and cocaine till I gave up on him (it was a nightmare). Then he went back to pills. It seemed like it was never going to end. He began to not want to go anywhere but work. He would lay around the house all day, in a deep depression. He tried to quit almost every other day when he was down and out. I hated it. I then talked him into researching SUBOXONE, we did it together. The following week he went to a very nice doctor who understood about his problem. It has only been a week that he has been on Suboxone but WHAT A DIFFERENCE. He is like a new man. He takes 2 daily and is more normal.

July 18, 2009 6:49 PM
Review by whew!: User Rating:

I started Suboxone 15 days ago to combat a 4 year opiate addiction. I've read a lot of reviews of Suboxone and many of them weren't good. Sorry about you all because this drug is great. I had the normal ope addiction, and here, on day 15, I'm down to one 2mg dose in the morning. I didn't remember to take that until noon. It works, it works so well. No withdrawals, have energy, no desire to take anything else. Bottom line, I plan to stop the Suboxone. They work and I feel normal again. I don't care if there is an opiate whatever in there, they work, are prescribed and I am me again. I'm so happy and relieved.

July 17, 2009 12:41 AM
Review by buddy1168: User Rating:

I have severe chronic pain and have had everything that every doctor ever wanted to try on me only to make everything worse. I have been on pain medicines for 10 years and I tried Suboxone. It's great for getting off the pain medicines because it stops the withdrawals but it doesn't work for pain for more than about a week. I tried it for a month but the pain I am in was just too much to handle for me.

July 16, 2009 10:03 PM
Review by gr8ful: User Rating:

I have been addicted to opiates for the last 10 years. Nothing was off limits to me and the more the better. Percs, Vics, Roxicets, Oxys, demerol, methadone, heroin--whatever, it didn't really matter to me. I stole, lied, and did whatever it took for me to get pills. I've lost jobs due to my addiction. I had tried to quit many times and could not. The withdrawals were so painful and intense. I couldn't even get up in the morning and take a shower without opiates much less go to work or take care of my toddler. Suboxone has given me the chance to get my life back. Suboxone, in conjunction with a 12 step program, has given me hope. Please, if you are an addict, seek help from a Doctor qualified in addiction - there is hope out there for us.

July 15, 2009 12:45 PM
Review by Kevinkk07: User Rating:

I have been using this drug to help with withdrawals from Vicodin. It seems to be working really well and is taking away the craving to take Vicodin as well. I just worry about when they take me off of it how I will feel then.

July 11, 2009 4:28 AM
Review by mr. stevens:

I have read way too many posts saying Suboxone is such a miracle wonder drug and it immediately takes withdrawal away. I've also seen many posts saying I've been on Suboxone for so and so years and haven't touched any opiates since. Just remember Suboxone is another opiate, it just doesn't get you high. I am in no way against Suboxone as it has helped me tremendously. But I just want everyone to understand the real test will come when you get off the Suboxone. You must prepare yourself for a withdrawal even after tapering off. Remember stopping Suboxone is when you can really consider yourself clean, not during the Suboxone treatment. Please everyone try to taper off as soon as you can to be 100% opiate free.

267 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 10, 2009 1:13 PM
Review by VIVA5822: User Rating:

My husband and I both have been popping pills for years. Hydrocone, Oxycodone, barbiturates, whatever we could get. After trying to quit cold turkey, or going in a detox center, whatever is was, always failed us....or we failed it. Now we are winning the battle. Hubby went on it about a week ago, and I just started a few days ago. Neither of us had withdrawals from the opioids we were taking, and neither of us has cravings. Thank Goodness. So our livers are now getting a much needed rest, and our money is going where it SHOULD go to now. We both have experienced some headaches on Suboxone, but they aren't that bad, and go away after a bit. It gives me dry mouth really bad. So, remember, this drug is just a tool in the road to recovery.

July 10, 2009 9:10 AM