User Reviews for Budesonide

Also known as: Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Pulmicort Nebuamp, Pulmicort Respules, Pulmicort Turbuhaler, Uceris

Learn more about Budesonide.

Crohn's Disease, Acute 3 reviews 14 medications

4.5
Summary of Budesonide reviews 33 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Budesonide

Review by Dolambra (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: Pulmicort works beautifully, really stops the cough. I took it for 3 months. then I lost my sense of taste and by the end of the 4th month I developed the most awful taste in my mouth so I stopped it. The horrible taste gradually disappeared after one year and my sense of taste has "almost" come back. It has now been 17 months since I stopped the medicine. my coughing is not gone when I exhale, but very much improved and no attacks. It's the only medicine that works for me during attacks. I think once I improved I should have cut the dose way down.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: Been using Balsalazide 3x3 for 9 years or so with occasional flareups I could resolve with slight overdosing. Could not resolve present flare up. After a month of 4 bowel motions a day, blood, diarrhea, doc started me on Uceris. Next day change to 1 bowel motion, no blood, slight diarrhea. Now 1 wk later, pretty normal 1 bowel motion per day, with occasional nausea in abdomen. I think pretty good for a week. But the price is outrageous, and even my copay is $75 mo. Doc insists on giving it to me for 3 mos.

June 27, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Kaymlt:

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: This medication was an answer to prayer. I suffered with chronic diarrhea for over a year and had tried Imodium, dietary changes, and anything else I could think of to stop it. I eventually had a colonoscopy and biopsies taken showed collagenous colitis, a form of microscopic colitis. ONE day on this med stopped my diarrhea. I haven't had any negative side effects whatsoever.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by SherylR (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Microscopic Colitis: I have already given a review on this medication but I wanted to add important information. The one thing I found is the generic Budesonide (bright pink capsule) does not work well as the brand Entocort EC. (gray and pink) I take whatever the pharmacy has available. This last refill was generic and while on it, all my symptoms returned. Saw my gastro and told him about it and he said he had one other patient that stated generic didn't work for them. He prescribed brand only and it works like a charm. If you find you aren't doing well on the generic, ask for brand. See if it makes a difference. It did for me.

February 8, 2014 3:02 PM

Review by ladq:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: Stopped my Crohn's Disease flare up very quickly and rather effectively.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Sherylro:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I was prescribed this for Collagenous (microscopic) Colitis and it worked immediately with the first dose. I take three 3mg capsules at once in the morning. I've been on it for 15 months straight with no side effects but I do have to have a bone density scan once a year. I have tried weaning off the medicine but my symptoms return so looks like I'm on this for life. Entocort is my miracle. It helps me live a normal life.

December 5, 2013 12:16 AM

Review by Ole john (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Outstanding results after the fourth day using Uceris. Has none of the typical prednisone major side effects. Works in the lower colon. I used it for 8 weeks. Held the Ulcerative Colitis in remission for an additional 5 months.

November 23, 2013 11:40 PM

Review by nebgirl (taken for 10 years or more):

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: I used this twice a day in my nebulizer and it works great for my asthma although I use the strongest dosage because nothing else works.

August 28, 2013 6:52 AM

Review by MJohns:

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: I had been on prednisone for almost 10 years. With many of the common side effects; round face, always gaining weight and others. I am now on budesonide tablets, 6mg per day. With no side effects. It truly is a miracle. My only complaint of this medicine is it's outrageous cost. I say this, because the medicine has been around since the early nineties in inhalers. I know this, because my wife did clinical trials with this. My last month's bill was $360. for a thirty day script, I might add, with Humana insurance. Each month the cost has gone up. I am afraid to think of what next month's bill is going to be. The budesonide has given me known side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2013 9:43 PM

Review by john88 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I was excited when I 1st heard about Uceris' approval for ulcerative colitis. I started taking it and the 1st few days I felt pretty good with minimal bathroom trips/stomach upset, etc. After about 3 days things got worse and worse each day I took the medicine. It started as constant cramping and stomach pain, and slowly having very urgent bathroom needs. I had to stop taking Uceris because it made all my symptoms worse. So know that going in, that it can help you, but it also might make your situation worse.

March 21, 2013 6:34 AM

Review by Kilt24 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: This drug was prescribed to me by my family doctor to help with my ulcerative colitis. I think that after three years of off and on flares with colitis and prednisone usage, I am now steroid resistant. This medicine has worked very poorly for me. At the highest dose of 9 mg, my symptoms are not nearly under control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2012 11:27 PM

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: Works fantastically to manage my allergy-induced asthma symptoms. Have not needed "rescue" inhaler a single time since starting with Pulmicort. Have noticed some slight changes to my voice within the first couple of hours of each puff that slowly returned to normal over the course of the day.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2012 12:56 PM

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: Very effective and no side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2011 7:32 AM

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: This medicine changed my life. I have taken it for 2yrs, but now have no health insurance and can't afford it. I have severe cramping and constant diarrhea. Food is repulsive to me and am losing weight like crazy. I sure do miss it.

December 1, 2011 2:37 PM

Review by Mayv:

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have developed irritation of the throat and ears, headache, feel dizzy during my morning walk, chest pain and difficulty with my breathing.

September 15, 2011 10:57 PM

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: I've had Crohn's disease for 47 years. Entocort works great for calming acute symptoms in just a few days. I'm able to live a normal, pain free life with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

August 17, 2011 7:29 PM

Review by Desti:

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: I have been taking budesonide Entocort since Feb 1, 2011. It was prescribed by my hepatologist for treatment of my autoimmune hepatitis. Nothing else I have taken has worked effectively (prednisone gave me ocular migraines along with azathioprine (nausea). Cellcept was tolerated but wasn't effective. Prograf (for transplant patients) did not work either and I had too many side effect (ended up getting shingles). I do have problems with dizziness but this is the only medicine that have brought my liver values down. I have noticed red rashes that come and go. Medicine is very expensive but fortunately my insurance covers the majority of it.

July 24, 2011 4:56 PM

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I've been taking Entocort for almost 3 months now. My symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease are almost non existent. However since taking this medicine (almost from the beginning) I now have psoriasis all over my body, including pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet, which is very painful. I believe this medicine is causing the psoriasis, I've never had this condition before.

July 17, 2011 4:48 PM

Review by humbled:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: This medication worked great the first time I was diagnosed with Crohn's. No side effects that I noticed and started working very quickly. Several months later I had another flare and tried it again and it did not work for me. It was certainly worth a try to avoid the harmful side effects of other medications. I took this medicine along with Pentasa, which I use every day and still like.

September 21, 2010 8:46 PM

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: VERY good medication! I had uncontrolled Crohn's for many years (no medicine would work for me). My gastroenterologist decided to try this one and it was a life saver. I couldn't go out before (even for groceries!). It didn't take very long to get the full effects from it and though the cost is higher than with the other medicines, I am more than willing to pay it to get my life back. I could only get relief from prednisone before this medicine came along, but had terrible side effects from it. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some relief for Crohn's. Good luck to all with this debilitating disease.

September 12, 2010 11:24 PM

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I have had no problems with it and when I go off it I get a Crohn's relapse. It's worth the expense to have my health.

May 26, 2010 1:39 PM

Review by teachergirl:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: Entocort is used as a bridge therapy to settle severe flares. It brings almost complete relief within 2-3 days but it's just temporary as you can't stay on this drug for long periods of time.

April 10, 2010 6:27 PM

Review by merocks:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I have been suffering with severe diarrhea due to Lymphocytic Colitis for 2 years. Have taken many different prescriptions for it with no help. Entocort was prescribed to me 10 days ago and I feel terrific! The diarrhea and cramping has stopped. I really feel great. For the first 4 days I did have a moderate headache, but that has gone. The only side effect I have now is some mild ache on my face. For me, Entocort has given me my life back.

March 31, 2010 3:17 AM

Review by phe3:

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Entocort has been good to me and my Eosinophilic Esophagitis problem. It's not as effective as Prednisone, but WAY easier to handle. I could usually last 3 to 4 weeks off of Prednisone. I can only go about a week without Entocort. My side effects have been occasional dizziness, occasional indigestion / heartburn, and sometimes just feeling tired. After several years of Prednisone, this is still much better and easier to handle. I take one 3mg pill (3 times a day) and break it apart and pour it into my mouth and try to let the individual bits of medicine stay in my throat as long as I can. I've been doing well with this and I am happy with the results.

March 1, 2010 1:10 PM

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: Works well for asthma treatment but it's not really easy to wash your mouth after each time of use. Also causes ease of bruises and lowering the defence of immune system.

December 6, 2009 3:48 PM