User Reviews for Budesonide

Also known as: Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Pulmicort Nebuamp, Pulmicort Respules, Pulmicort Turbuhaler, Uceris

Learn more about Budesonide.

Crohn's Disease, Acute 3 reviews 14 medications

Ulcerative Colitis 2 reviews 74 medications

4.5
Summary of Budesonide reviews 40 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Budesonide

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Did not work. Severe psychological and physical side effects requiring hospitalization."

Dreaminventor (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I guess a bronchodilator was needed. This did nothing for me. Always needed my ProAir."

Lmhinton June 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Budesonide has been a blessing in my case and other than being extremely expensive, I am pleased. I have now been on it for 2 months due to collagenous colitis and have had a bonus experience other than controlling my diarrhea, I also suffer from extreme arthritis pain. Within days both the Diarrhea and the Pain were 95% gone. I am extremely concerned about being weaned off budesonide at 12 weeks which is the prescribed course. Also curious as to others that have possibly been on it longer and also whether anyone else has experienced the bonus pain relief. I feel like I actually have my Life back right now due to this stuff."

Anonymous June 16, 2015

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have recently reviewed the side effects associated with this medication and have found I have experienced quite a few of them. To my dismay, and my overall naiveness, these have contributed to some of the most uncomfortable and embarrassing situations. First and foremost, I had to have cataracts removed from both eyes just two years ago. Then there are the two bouts of pneumonia, the most recent was double pneumonia. Weight gain nearly impossible to control, swelling of feet and lower legs is becoming far too frequent these days, numbness in the extremities, rashes have been getting even worse than they have been in a while, suffered through shingles, eczema, and other strange and sundry skin maladies. I've been on it too long, obviously."

DC in AZ June 14, 2015

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "I have faithfully taken 4 Lialda 1.2mg everyday for 8 years. I tried all medicines such Asacol, 6-mp, etc. and had to discontinue due to side effects. I also use the Rowasa enemas/suppositories temporarily and when stopped, the rectal bleeding starts again and worsen everyday. I have never been in remission with Lialda. I started the Uceris on 12/04/14 and I felt better than I had ever felt since the diagnosis in 2003. Two weeks into Uceris, legs and ankles swelling. Continued Uceris and praying swelling was temporary, Then had shortness of breath and fluid buildup in my chest. The swelling was unbearable. I stopped the Uceris; swelling subsided in 5 days. I do not want Remicade or Humira due to side effects. Why Lialda; no remission for 8 yrs."

Hopefully girl (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2014

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Have had collagenous colitis for a couple of years. I was in agony a week ago with a flare up but this saved me. I'm supposed to be on it for Six weeks - then off. Scared about that. This is NOT a cure- it's a bandaid - am on a special diet now and crossing my fingers."

Daltz (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have fought UC for three years. Taken several meds. Most work for two or three months, then I experience a flair. Uceris has placed me in remission for 6 months! Expensive? Yes, outrageous. When you have fought the battle I've been thru, expense is not the issue. What price being normal?"

Ole John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2014

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Pulmicort works beautifully, really stops the cough. I took it for 3 months. then I lost my sense of taste and by the end of the 4th month I developed the most awful taste in my mouth so I stopped it. The horrible taste gradually disappeared after one year and my sense of taste has "almost" come back. It has now been 17 months since I stopped the medicine. my coughing is not gone when I exhale, but very much improved and no attacks. It's the only medicine that works for me during attacks. I think once I improved I should have cut the dose way down."

Dolambra (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2014

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Been using Balsalazide 3x3 for 9 years or so with occasional flareups I could resolve with slight overdosing. Could not resolve present flare up. After a month of 4 bowel motions a day, blood, diarrhea, doc started me on Uceris. Next day change to 1 bowel motion, no blood, slight diarrhea. Now 1 wk later, pretty normal 1 bowel motion per day, with occasional nausea in abdomen. I think pretty good for a week. But the price is outrageous, and even my copay is $75 mo. Doc insists on giving it to me for 3 mos."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "This medication was an answer to prayer. I suffered with chronic diarrhea for over a year and had tried Imodium, dietary changes, and anything else I could think of to stop it. I eventually had a colonoscopy and biopsies taken showed collagenous colitis, a form of microscopic colitis. ONE day on this med stopped my diarrhea. I haven't had any negative side effects whatsoever."

Kaymlt February 21, 2014

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Microscopic Colitis: I have already given a review on this medication but I wanted to add important information. The one thing I found is the generic Budesonide (bright pink capsule) does not work well as the brand Entocort EC. (gray and pink) I take whatever the pharmacy has available. This last refill was generic and while on it, all my symptoms returned. Saw my gastro and told him about it and he said he had one other patient that stated generic didn't work for them. He prescribed brand only and it works like a charm. If you find you aren't doing well on the generic, ask for brand. See if it makes a difference. It did for me."

SherylR (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2014

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: "Stopped my Crohn's Disease flare up very quickly and rather effectively."

ladq January 12, 2014

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "I was prescribed this for Collagenous (microscopic) Colitis and it worked immediately with the first dose. I take three 3mg capsules at once in the morning. I've been on it for 15 months straight with no side effects but I do have to have a bone density scan once a year. I have tried weaning off the medicine but my symptoms return so looks like I'm on this for life. Entocort is my miracle. It helps me live a normal life."

Sherylro December 5, 2013

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Outstanding results after the fourth day using Uceris. Has none of the typical prednisone major side effects. Works in the lower colon. I used it for 8 weeks. Held the Ulcerative Colitis in remission for an additional 5 months."

Ole john (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 23, 2013

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used this twice a day in my nebulizer and it works great for my asthma although I use the strongest dosage because nothing else works."

nebgirl (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2013

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "I had been on prednisone for almost 10 years. With many of the common side effects; round face, always gaining weight and others. I am now on budesonide tablets, 6mg per day. With no side effects. It truly is a miracle. My only complaint of this medicine is it's outrageous cost. I say this, because the medicine has been around since the early nineties in inhalers. I know this, because my wife did clinical trials with this. My last month's bill was $360. for a thirty day script, I might add, with Humana insurance. Each month the cost has gone up. I am afraid to think of what next month's bill is going to be. The budesonide has given me known side effects. "

MJohns May 6, 2013

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "I was excited when I 1st heard about Uceris' approval for ulcerative colitis. I started taking it and the 1st few days I felt pretty good with minimal bathroom trips/stomach upset, etc. After about 3 days things got worse and worse each day I took the medicine. It started as constant cramping and stomach pain, and slowly having very urgent bathroom needs. I had to stop taking Uceris because it made all my symptoms worse. So know that going in, that it can help you, but it also might make your situation worse. "

john88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2013

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "This drug was prescribed to me by my family doctor to help with my ulcerative colitis. I think that after three years of off and on flares with colitis and prednisone usage, I am now steroid resistant. This medicine has worked very poorly for me. At the highest dose of 9 mg, my symptoms are not nearly under control."

Kilt24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2012

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Works fantastically to manage my allergy-induced asthma symptoms. Have not needed "rescue" inhaler a single time since starting with Pulmicort. Have noticed some slight changes to my voice within the first couple of hours of each puff that slowly returned to normal over the course of the day."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Very effective and no side effects."

Anonymous December 18, 2011

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "This medicine changed my life. I have taken it for 2yrs, but now have no health insurance and can't afford it. I have severe cramping and constant diarrhea. Food is repulsive to me and am losing weight like crazy. I sure do miss it."

Anonymous December 1, 2011

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have developed irritation of the throat and ears, headache, feel dizzy during my morning walk, chest pain and difficulty with my breathing."

Mayv September 15, 2011

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: "I've had Crohn's disease for 47 years. Entocort works great for calming acute symptoms in just a few days. I'm able to live a normal, pain free life with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive."

Anonymous August 17, 2011

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "I have been taking budesonide Entocort since Feb 1, 2011. It was prescribed by my hepatologist for treatment of my autoimmune hepatitis. Nothing else I have taken has worked effectively (prednisone gave me ocular migraines along with azathioprine (nausea). Cellcept was tolerated but wasn't effective. Prograf (for transplant patients) did not work either and I had too many side effect (ended up getting shingles). I do have problems with dizziness but this is the only medicine that have brought my liver values down. I have noticed red rashes that come and go. Medicine is very expensive but fortunately my insurance covers the majority of it."

Desti July 24, 2011

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "I've been taking Entocort for almost 3 months now. My symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease are almost non existent. However since taking this medicine (almost from the beginning) I now have psoriasis all over my body, including pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet, which is very painful. I believe this medicine is causing the psoriasis, I've never had this condition before."

Anonymous July 17, 2011