User Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Also known as: Symbicort

Learn more about Budesonide/formoterol.

COPD, Maintenance 4 reviews 36 medications

COPD 12 reviews 34 medications

8.9
Asthma, Maintenance 37 reviews 111 medications

8.5
Summary of Budesonide/formoterol reviews 53 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Review by cafecleite (taken for 10 years or more):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Suffering asthma for more than 60 years.

July 9, 2014 3:03 AM

Review by JimZ:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: My son has been taking Symbicort 200/6 for 4 years and it has worked well. He started feeling fatigued about a year ago and has been diagnosed in the last week with adrenal suppression/shutdown which is a noted possible reaction. If any users feel fatigued or have difficulty fighting infections I would suggest getting cortisol tested promptly.

June 7, 2014 5:04 AM

Review by Mossbreathe:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: While this medicine seems to work well, it does have side effects. For me it is very easy bruising. I also had two cases of a broken blood vessels. The really scary part, however, is trying to stop. Do not go cold turkey. I am now trying to ease off and am having anxiety attacks for hours.

May 27, 2014 4:56 PM

Review by Suzi in Illinois (taken for less than 1 month):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I've been on Advair for several years which worked great for maintenance of my ashtma-no side effects. Though, my health insurance changed and they don't cover Advair anymore. Dr put me on Symbicort. After the first two weeks I've developed side effects of nervousness, light-headedness, and the most distressing-ringing in the ears. Now I'm going on a month on Symbicort and still the ringing persists. Lung function is great. I've never needed my rescue inhaler on Symbicort or Advair either. Now in the process of trying to get my insurance company to pay for Advair which I prefer in the first place.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Review by woo woo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: Excellent medicine for me. Helps me a lot to move around and to have less exasperation's. Improves my quality of life.

December 15, 2013 6:52 PM

Review by Gamecockgirl97:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I knew this medicine helped, in conjunction with the Spiriva I am on, but didn't realize until today how much. I noticed this morning, I didn't really feel it or anything going down but didn't pay attention and just went about my business (not sure how long it had been like that). Have had to use my rescue inhaler often today, and had to use my nebulizer. I didn't put two and two together until I noticed the dosage counter was on 0 when I looked at it tonight and it all made since. Only then did I realize how important it was. With it left out of the equation, my asthma was definitely not under control.

November 17, 2013 4:26 AM

Review by kartking (taken for 10 years or more):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Been on Symbicort now for 15 years. Best thing ever, no side effects, clears my chest in seconds.

November 15, 2013 7:20 PM

Review by 50:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I began taking Advair, but after 6 months I began having hand tremors. I tried Symbicort, but the side effects were too strong for me to tolerate. My asthma symptoms were improved. I was very nervous and stressed when I tried it twice. I called for advice about the medication and was told that Symbicort, Advair and Dulera are only slightly different in chemical composition. It was suggested by the pharmacist to call my doctor to discuss trying the other medications. Dulera works well for me now. I do have mild leg cramps. It may be good to contact your doctor and see which medication will give you the least side effects.

October 18, 2013 4:32 PM

Review by Dabitztown:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: A great complement for my Proventil inhaler. Gets rid of the asthma when the rescue inhaler does not do its job.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 5:01 PM

Review by Gold40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: I have been using Symbicort for 8 months now. It has been a life changer for me. I was using my rescue inhaler at least 4 times a day previous to being put on Symbicort. I have only had to use it twice since starting on it. The only side effect I have had is that past few months I have been woken up every night by very bad cramps in my feet and my calves.

September 27, 2013 10:49 PM

Review by Naples_Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: Opened my lungs, and no notable side effects

September 20, 2013 10:51 AM

Review by axslinger (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: Symbicort works well as a maintenance medication for my COPD. I use in combination with Spiriva. The only down side is that it causes anxiety and "jitters" for me. I am already an anxious person so this can be a problem.

July 4, 2013 11:11 AM

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: Experienced some dizziness at first, then felt a nervousness or anxiety feeling inside for several hours after the dosage. First time using this medication, and need more time on it to be sure of these problems. Was taking Advair previously with no effects (except better breathing ability).

June 8, 2013 12:53 PM

Review by Thankful to breath (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: This has helped so very much. I still have the attacks and energy is still very low but, this has given me the best results so far.

May 13, 2013 7:19 PM

Review by Linda/Australia (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Comforting to read that others have muscle cramps when using Symbicort. I particularly am now getting cramp in my calf when stretching in bed and good to know this is probably the reason. I also get bleeding soooo easily on my arms now with any minor knock. Minor side effects I think though to be able to breath again and no use of Ventolin since starting on Symbicort 200.

February 13, 2013 7:35 PM

Review by Mrzeee (taken for less than 1 month):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: After the VA diagnosed my concern as COPD they gave me Combivent 4 times a day and I had to use a rescue Albuterol in between that. It was very discouraging. The doctor then sent me Symbicort 80/4.5 the first day was a miracle. I can shovel snow, walk my dog 1/2 mile and have not touched the rescue once. Not sure of any side effects yet as it has been only a week but the BEST week in a long time. I would recommend this to anyone who can use it.

January 29, 2013 12:12 PM

Review by Tom Swank Charlotte Mi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have had asthma for all 28 years of my life. I used to use my Albuterol inhaler no less than four times a day for over six years. My life was miserable. After many failed maintenance meds my doctor gave me Symbicort. Its like being in a totally different life. I use my emergency inhaler so infrequently that I forget where it is all the time as I used to sleep with it in my hand...All night. Thank you Symbicort and a big old shout out to my Doc. thank you for giving me my life back.

January 17, 2013 7:50 AM

Review by Nayomi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I've always had mild asthma, but about 6 months ago, it got really bad and I was using my Ventolin like every 2 hours. Especially at night, I'd wake up almost every hour and need to have a puff of Ventolin. It was bad, I know, but I kept putting up with it. But last time I went to the doctor, I mentioned how bad it had got and she put me on another asthma medication called Symbicort. It's saved my life, makes it SO much more easy to manage. Now I never use Ventolin at all and I only have two puffs of this Symbicort at night... it's amazing. It's made my life so much easier.

December 30, 2012 10:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Asthma, improved, however the loss of my hair by almost 30% and effect in my voice by creating hoarseness, made me to stop the usage of the SYMBICORT.

July 26, 2012 5:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: After trying rescue inhaler and corticosteroid inhaler, I used Symbicort 3 times so far, 2 puffs morning and evening. I haven't experienced any asthma attack but a different type of breathing problem with burning sensation in my chest with nausea and I had to use rescue inhaler. Will call the doctor soon to see if lowering dosage will improve that.

July 25, 2012 9:15 AM

Review by MBP (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: Generally, I have done quite well on this medicine when used in combination therapy. Lately, however I have developed a raspy voice and increased asthma symptoms. This may be unrelated to Symbicort and I will be seeing a physician shortly to address.

July 13, 2012 12:06 PM

Review by Colonel L (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I took Symbicort 200/6 for 6 years and although it's an effective asthma preventative I suffered an increased number of chest infections and couldn't tolerate temperatures above 30c/86f, this intolerance subsided within a few days of stopping.

May 2, 2012 6:11 PM

Review by HighNoon:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: Have been taking this medicine for 3 years. At first I thought it wasn't doing anything for me. I took myself off of the medication. After a few weeks I noticed that my breathing got worse. Symbicort has made a huge difference in me being able to breath and not. Concerns are my high dosage compared to other people I know who are on it.

February 10, 2012 4:14 AM

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have used many different types of inhalers for asthma control. Symbicort seems to work well, but may cause significant personality modification (nervous, angry at small things, anxiety over small things) and muscle/bone aching that is significant, especially if any work is done , even small things.

December 12, 2011 10:42 AM

Review by Big Dog80:

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: After the first use of 160/4.5 Symbicort my lungs opened and phlegm coughed up. Had more energy. This product is the first time in 5 yrs that I felt it working. VA even carries the product. I also have more energy.

October 14, 2011 11:02 PM