User Reviews for Budesonide / formoterol

Also known as: Symbicort

Learn more about Budesonide/formoterol.

COPD 15 reviews 34 medications

9.1
COPD, Maintenance 6 reviews 35 medications

8.8
Asthma, Maintenance 49 reviews 107 medications

8.3
Summary of Budesonide/formoterol reviews 70 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort worked wonders for me, but when I talked my voice would trail off. And I had to clear my throat to get my voice back. Sometimes my voice sounded scratchy as well. Doctor recommend I washed my mouth after each use. But it still didn't work. I am in sales so talking is important and had to change to something else."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Developed asthma 3 years ago when I was 50. Tried all kinds of controller medications. Switched to Symbacort after about a year and things have been great ever since. Yes I have had some minor side effects, occasional agitation and some muscle cramps but I run 5k 3 times a week without any difficulties (well I am 53, so some difficulties). I am very happy with this medication. I hope that all asthmatics find their ideal medication. Difficulties with breathing can be so scary. Work with your doctor, educate yourself on all the different meds available and find the right one for you. You can be happy and live the life you were meant to."

A.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort helped breath easier in the beginning. After a few weeks it actually made it worse and on top of it gave me terrible dibilitating back pain and hoarse throat. Side effects are not worth it! I would not recommend."

Tutu111 June 25, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Please don't be afraid to try this medication. I suffer from overthinking and when I read these reviews, I was afraid of the side effects. I moved into an apartment that I did not know was blowing dust out of the air vents and was sick over a long period of time, developing bouts of wheezing. My lung function was at 70% and finally went to the doctor, who prescribed Symbicort. I put off taking this longer than I should have. I used the 160/4.5 at 2 puffs a day for about a week. I upped it to 4 puffs a day for another week. I closed it out with 2 puffs a day for a few more days. The wheezing and chest tightness are gone. I sleep better. I can get a full breath. I feel like me again. This has saved my life and I had ZERO side effects."

Guest100010001 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Copd for six years"

Anonymous June 16, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was having to use albuterol several times a day, after nearly collapsing while fighting fire. I saved up and sought treatment. I no longer use albuterol!! Been 2 months now and insurance covers this."

mississippi ranger June 16, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My doctor gave me a sample of Symbicort last week. Before I began taking it , I got on this site to see what experiences others have had with it. I was very concerned because many of the side effects I read about made me think twice about taking it at all. I did notice that a few people were taking 2 puffs , twice a day. So I figured maybe that might be too much. So I am going to try 1 puff , once a day , at approximately the same time every day and see how it goes. Last night was the first time I used it - and it DID work. Slept thru the night without using my inhaler at all. Feel pretty good this morning , and still have not used my rescue inhaler. So far , so good. But we'll see in a couple of weeks."

pyxiestyx June 13, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort has COMPLETELY changed my life. I'm 23 and have been living with severe asthma my entire life. I was using my rescue inhaler 5+ times a day and unable to even climb the steps to my apartment without chest pain and wheezing. I'd tried other medications such as Advair and Singulair, but saw no change in symptoms. Finally, after being completely fed up with being so young, yet unable to go for a walk in the park, or stand within 10 feet of an animal, I talked to my doctor and was prescribed Symbicort. After two weeks, taking 4 puffs a day, it's almost like I don't have asthma anymore. Now, I take one puff every few weeks for maintenance. I can sleep through an entire night, my thinking is much more clear, and I couldn't be happier."

TriSarahtops19 May 17, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was perfectly controlled on Seratide but my medical practitioner advised me to change. As far as I can tell, Symbicort has no effect at all. I don't get relief from the reliever part and I wake up coughing and spluttering. I still need to use ventolin. If I didn't know better, I would say it was a placebo."

Whywhywhywhy May 9, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I unfortunately did not have the same experience as the rest, day 1 was great i thought finally I can breath without struggling, day 2 was using my rescue inhaler. So upset, so tired of trying to find something to work."

kims46342 April 28, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was able to breathe finally. I had always been out of breath. All day. When I started taking Symbicort, I could breathe. And I would've been able to clean, and play with my kids, go for a walk, excercise. However, I stopped taking it. The side effects were horrible. I was angry, on edge. Worst constant headache ever! It wasn't fair to my family. Waiting to find an alternative."

LeeLee1111 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was first prescribed Spiriva for my COPD and after about a month I saw no change & was using my rescue inhaler 3-4 times a day. My Dr. then prescribed Symbicort 5 weeks ago & I haven't had to use my rescue inhaler at all since. It has really inproved my quality of life! The only side effects I've noticed is my throat is a little hoarse. I'm happy!"

happy breather March 26, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Severe cough at night. Doctor diagnosed asthma. Symbicort 80/4.5 helped with cough but side effects were awful. Mood, agitation and anger from the steroid were intolerable. "

the Boon January 10, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I'm a 59 year old male with asthma that has been on this medicine for 12 years. I've tried them all and this seems to work the best for me. A few concerns I have since starting this is cramps in my calves and hands. You need to take vitamin supplements i.e. calcium and magnesium. I've developed tinnitus or ringing in the ear, now constantly. Not sure if this is related. I also have sinusitis so bad that I will be having a turbinate reduction soon. You will develop a thrush or hoarse throat if you don't gargle or rinse after use. I take 2 puffs in the morning and that usually does the trick."

andyman4 (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Works extremely well, will continue to use."

westdrayton (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 22, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I went to the Dr. on Wednesday for severe asthma and he put me on Symbicort along with a 10 day dose of Prednisone. I can tell you that Thursday I used my Ventolin inhaler only once where I had been using the Ventolin 10-12 times a day. I woke up Friday morning not wheezing. This is the first time I can ever remember not wheezing and short of breath in the morning. After 2 puffs of Symbicort Friday morning, I am clear as a bell this afternoon. This stuff is amazing and I feel read to start running again."

Golferguy09 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I'm pretty sure that I would have died without it. I had already had full respiratory failure with extended hospital stay and hooked up to oxygen when I went home. Then once I got off of the oxygen I had emergency level exacerbations sometimes 3 or 4 times a week which increases your mortality rate. When I started using the Symbicort it went away."

deongg (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Suffering asthma for more than 60 years."

cafecleite (taken for 10 years or more) July 9, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My son has been taking Symbicort 200/6 for 4 years and it has worked well. He started feeling fatigued about a year ago and has been diagnosed in the last week with adrenal suppression/shutdown which is a noted possible reaction. If any users feel fatigued or have difficulty fighting infections I would suggest getting cortisol tested promptly."

JimZ June 7, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "While this medicine seems to work well, it does have side effects. For me it is very easy bruising. I also had two cases of a broken blood vessels. The really scary part, however, is trying to stop. Do not go cold turkey. I am now trying to ease off and am having anxiety attacks for hours."

Mossbreathe May 27, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been on Advair for several years which worked great for maintenance of my ashtma-no side effects. Though, my health insurance changed and they don't cover Advair anymore. Dr put me on Symbicort. After the first two weeks I've developed side effects of nervousness, light-headedness, and the most distressing-ringing in the ears. Now I'm going on a month on Symbicort and still the ringing persists. Lung function is great. I've never needed my rescue inhaler on Symbicort or Advair either. Now in the process of trying to get my insurance company to pay for Advair which I prefer in the first place."

Suzi in Illinois (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Excellent medicine for me. Helps me a lot to move around and to have less exasperation's. Improves my quality of life."

woo woo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I knew this medicine helped, in conjunction with the Spiriva I am on, but didn't realize until today how much. I noticed this morning, I didn't really feel it or anything going down but didn't pay attention and just went about my business (not sure how long it had been like that). Have had to use my rescue inhaler often today, and had to use my nebulizer. I didn't put two and two together until I noticed the dosage counter was on 0 when I looked at it tonight and it all made since. Only then did I realize how important it was. With it left out of the equation, my asthma was definitely not under control."

Gamecockgirl97 November 17, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Been on Symbicort now for 15 years. Best thing ever, no side effects, clears my chest in seconds."

kartking (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I began taking Advair, but after 6 months I began having hand tremors. I tried Symbicort, but the side effects were too strong for me to tolerate. My asthma symptoms were improved. I was very nervous and stressed when I tried it twice. I called for advice about the medication and was told that Symbicort, Advair and Dulera are only slightly different in chemical composition. It was suggested by the pharmacist to call my doctor to discuss trying the other medications. Dulera works well for me now. I do have mild leg cramps. It may be good to contact your doctor and see which medication will give you the least side effects."

50 October 18, 2013