User Reviews for Budesonide / formoterol

Also known as: Symbicort

Learn more about Budesonide/formoterol.

COPD 14 reviews 36 medications

9.1
COPD, Maintenance 6 reviews 38 medications

8.8
Asthma, Maintenance 43 reviews 113 medications

8.4
Summary of Budesonide/formoterol reviews 63 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort has COMPLETELY changed my life. I'm 23 and have been living with severe asthma my entire life. I was using my rescue inhaler 5+ times a day and unable to even climb the steps to my apartment without chest pain and wheezing. I'd tried other medications such as Advair and Singulair, but saw no change in symptoms. Finally, after being completely fed up with being so young, yet unable to go for a walk in the park, or stand within 10 feet of an animal, I talked to my doctor and was prescribed Symbicort. After two weeks, taking 4 puffs a day, it's almost like I don't have asthma anymore. Now, I take one puff every few weeks for maintenance. I can sleep through an entire night, my thinking is much more clear, and I couldn't be happier."

TriSarahtops19 May 17, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was perfectly controlled on Seratide but my medical practitioner advised me to change. As far as I can tell, Symbicort has no effect at all. I don't get relief from the reliever part and I wake up coughing and spluttering. I still need to use ventolin. If I didn't know better, I would say it was a placebo."

Whywhywhywhy May 9, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I unfortunately did not have the same experience as the rest, day 1 was great i thought finally I can breath without struggling, day 2 was using my rescue inhaler. So upset, so tired of trying to find something to work."

kims46342 April 28, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was able to breathe finally. I had always been out of breath. All day. When I started taking Symbicort, I could breathe. And I would've been able to clean, and play with my kids, go for a walk, excercise. However, I stopped taking it. The side effects were horrible. I was angry, on edge. Worst constant headache ever! It wasn't fair to my family. Waiting to find an alternative."

LeeLee1111 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was first prescribed Spiriva for my COPD and after about a month I saw no change & was using my rescue inhaler 3-4 times a day. My Dr. then prescribed Symbicort 5 weeks ago & I haven't had to use my rescue inhaler at all since. It has really inproved my quality of life! The only side effects I've noticed is my throat is a little hoarse. I'm happy!"

happy breather March 26, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Severe cough at night. Doctor diagnosed asthma. Symbicort 80/4.5 helped with cough but side effects were awful. Mood, agitation and anger from the steroid were intolerable. "

the Boon January 10, 2015

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I'm a 59 year old male with asthma that has been on this medicine for 12 years. I've tried them all and this seems to work the best for me. A few concerns I have since starting this is cramps in my calves and hands. You need to take vitamin supplements i.e. calcium and magnesium. I've developed tinnitus or ringing in the ear, now constantly. Not sure if this is related. I also have sinusitis so bad that I will be having a turbinate reduction soon. You will develop a thrush or hoarse throat if you don't gargle or rinse after use. I take 2 puffs in the morning and that usually does the trick."

andyman4 (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Works extremely well, will continue to use."

westdrayton (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 22, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I went to the Dr. on Wednesday for severe asthma and he put me on Symbicort along with a 10 day dose of Prednisone. I can tell you that Thursday I used my Ventolin inhaler only once where I had been using the Ventolin 10-12 times a day. I woke up Friday morning not wheezing. This is the first time I can ever remember not wheezing and short of breath in the morning. After 2 puffs of Symbicort Friday morning, I am clear as a bell this afternoon. This stuff is amazing and I feel read to start running again."

Golferguy09 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I'm pretty sure that I would have died without it. I had already had full respiratory failure with extended hospital stay and hooked up to oxygen when I went home. Then once I got off of the oxygen I had emergency level exacerbations sometimes 3 or 4 times a week which increases your mortality rate. When I started using the Symbicort it went away."

deongg (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Suffering asthma for more than 60 years."

cafecleite (taken for 10 years or more) July 9, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My son has been taking Symbicort 200/6 for 4 years and it has worked well. He started feeling fatigued about a year ago and has been diagnosed in the last week with adrenal suppression/shutdown which is a noted possible reaction. If any users feel fatigued or have difficulty fighting infections I would suggest getting cortisol tested promptly."

JimZ June 7, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "While this medicine seems to work well, it does have side effects. For me it is very easy bruising. I also had two cases of a broken blood vessels. The really scary part, however, is trying to stop. Do not go cold turkey. I am now trying to ease off and am having anxiety attacks for hours."

Mossbreathe May 27, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been on Advair for several years which worked great for maintenance of my ashtma-no side effects. Though, my health insurance changed and they don't cover Advair anymore. Dr put me on Symbicort. After the first two weeks I've developed side effects of nervousness, light-headedness, and the most distressing-ringing in the ears. Now I'm going on a month on Symbicort and still the ringing persists. Lung function is great. I've never needed my rescue inhaler on Symbicort or Advair either. Now in the process of trying to get my insurance company to pay for Advair which I prefer in the first place."

Suzi in Illinois (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2014

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Excellent medicine for me. Helps me a lot to move around and to have less exasperation's. Improves my quality of life."

woo woo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I knew this medicine helped, in conjunction with the Spiriva I am on, but didn't realize until today how much. I noticed this morning, I didn't really feel it or anything going down but didn't pay attention and just went about my business (not sure how long it had been like that). Have had to use my rescue inhaler often today, and had to use my nebulizer. I didn't put two and two together until I noticed the dosage counter was on 0 when I looked at it tonight and it all made since. Only then did I realize how important it was. With it left out of the equation, my asthma was definitely not under control."

Gamecockgirl97 November 17, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Been on Symbicort now for 15 years. Best thing ever, no side effects, clears my chest in seconds."

kartking (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I began taking Advair, but after 6 months I began having hand tremors. I tried Symbicort, but the side effects were too strong for me to tolerate. My asthma symptoms were improved. I was very nervous and stressed when I tried it twice. I called for advice about the medication and was told that Symbicort, Advair and Dulera are only slightly different in chemical composition. It was suggested by the pharmacist to call my doctor to discuss trying the other medications. Dulera works well for me now. I do have mild leg cramps. It may be good to contact your doctor and see which medication will give you the least side effects."

50 October 18, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "A great complement for my Proventil inhaler. Gets rid of the asthma when the rescue inhaler does not do its job."

Dabitztown October 8, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been using Symbicort for 8 months now. It has been a life changer for me. I was using my rescue inhaler at least 4 times a day previous to being put on Symbicort. I have only had to use it twice since starting on it. The only side effect I have had is that past few months I have been woken up every night by very bad cramps in my feet and my calves. "

Gold40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Opened my lungs, and no notable side effects"

Naples_Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Symbicort works well as a maintenance medication for my COPD. I use in combination with Spiriva. The only down side is that it causes anxiety and "jitters" for me. I am already an anxious person so this can be a problem."

axslinger (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Experienced some dizziness at first, then felt a nervousness or anxiety feeling inside for several hours after the dosage. First time using this medication, and need more time on it to be sure of these problems. Was taking Advair previously with no effects (except better breathing ability)."

Anonymous June 8, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "This has helped so very much. I still have the attacks and energy is still very low but, this has given me the best results so far."

Thankful to breath (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2013

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Comforting to read that others have muscle cramps when using Symbicort. I particularly am now getting cramp in my calf when stretching in bed and good to know this is probably the reason. I also get bleeding soooo easily on my arms now with any minor knock. Minor side effects I think though to be able to breath again and no use of Ventolin since starting on Symbicort 200."

Linda/Australia (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2013