User Reviews for Brimonidine

Also known as: Mirvaso

Learn more about Brimonidine.

Brimonidine Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Brimonidine to treat Rosacea

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I was prescribed mirvaso 5.5 months ago, with no warning, for mild flushing that lasts a couple minutes. It destroyed my life & health. I had beautiful skin. I was a dancer. Now severe chronic nerve pain in face & eyes. So many foods cause flushing. My health is destroyed from the strict diet. I weigh 94 pounds, lost muscle, can't dance anymore. I have severe gut issues now (from diet restrictions and eating the same few foods every day for five months). My previously beautiful, clear skin is now covered in cystic acne and scars. I never had acne in my life. I was happy, healthy, dancing. Now I sit in a chair, in pain. My children lost their mother. I never could have imagined my life ending this way from a cream"

Disfiguredface February 6, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I used Mirvaso three times. Five months ago. It destroyed my life. I didn't know. The dermatologist was completely uneducated about the adverse events and did not inform me or warn me. She deceived me."

walkingdeadperson February 5, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I've had mild Rosacea for nearly 10 years. This is by far the best product to take the redness away, albeit temporarily. It is important that you use this product properly. Once a day and ideally at the same time every day. I use it in the mornings when I wake up and I combine it with Metrosa gel in the evenings. If not used in the right way back flushes of redness can occur but I have managed this by using both medications in a regimented manner. Metrosa on its own doesn't seem to do much but together with Mirvaso the pair work brilliantly."

Serdar (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I love this medication, it works perfectly for me. I apply a small amount only to the affected area and it clears up the redness on my cheeks. It also makes the heat go away. The redness clears up all day, which is what I need it to do. I haven't had a flare up for awhile, but it's back now and I will make sure I have plenty of Mirvaso on hand. I also have a coupon I found online that I'm hoping will help with the cost."

LibrarianArk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I am 50 male and have had issues with Rosacea on and off for the past 5 years. I have tried many different products to try and control the redness that Rosacea causes to my face but none had any lasting effect until I tried Mirvaso. This product is Excellent as it clears my redness within 15-20 mins. I have used it for the past 6 months and I have to say it works miracles for me. As I travel a lot I make sure I always bring a tube with me. I understand that different products work differently on different people and I am sorry to hear that this product might not work for everyone but for me when anyone says they have a problem with Rosacea I highly recommend this product. It's Fantastic!"

Monel January 27, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I don't normally review products I've used, but I made sure to share my experience with Mirvaso. I am 20 and have had extreme redness for about 12 years now. I finally went to the dermatologist who then recommended mirvaso. I used it for about four days. The first day seemed to take away the redness completely. Thrilled, I continued use and it went downhill quickly. After the 6-8 hours of clear skin was up, it flared up way worse than it was before. I stopped using it but still see splotches of intense red all over. DO NOT USE. Waste of time."

Sara90 January 6, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "My rosacea is only noticeable/active during the winter and after hot showers. I was mostly being vain when asking for this, and truly learned my lesson. I used Mirvaso twice (pea- sized amounts) and while it made getting ready in the morning easier for those two days because it worked almost instantly, on the third day my face was a PLUM. I had dark purple-ish welts/bumps all over my cheeks. Later, my entire face was red, swollen, burning, itching for 2 WEEKS. Absolutely nothing worked to make the burning redness stop (benadryl, soothing creams, naturual remedies). I never in my life experienced anything this terrible. It's been a while but I feel like I still have an uneven complexion in comparison to before."

Worst Rebound EVER (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I wasted 50 bucks on this! I had a horrible experience and wished I had read these reviews before I used it. It gave me horrible rebound flushing after one use! This stuff should not be on the market!"

Gwen K December 27, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Do not use this product! I had/have all the same negative symptoms listed below by others. In addition, I had massive migraine headaches, sore throat, runny nose, stomach issues, itching in areas I did not use the product, acne, dry eyes and a sty. I reported these issues to the FDA and highly suggest you do the same. They will re-evaluate the product if they have enough reports"

Mirvaso December 18, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I had used Metrogel for years, but it didn't seem to be making a difference any more, so I went to a derm & he prescribed Mirvaso. I should have walked away when I saw the price! The first couple of days I used it, my face and along my hairline itched. Redness increased and acne appeared. I stayed with it for two weeks; the flushing got worse and my face burned, along with my ears & neck. Acne increased. But the worst effect was the headaches. I have migraines that I finally was able to manage with 2 prescriptions. The derm didn't tell me a side effect of Mirvaso. Did The FDA approved this?"

Flame Red December 16, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Not good. The first few days were fine though not overly impressive, after that more redness and itching. It also doesn't appear to compatible with any of the moisturizers I have tried. I've stopped using it and my face is less red and much better. $20 in the garbage, I would not recommend this to anyone. And judging by all the others with issues I'm surprised it's still on the market."

NoNameNeeded December 11, 2015

"Same old story as everyone else. I used it for about 7 days and it was great. It does what it says it'll do, but it makes matters worse when the application is worn off. Even while it was working, I could tell that my face was trying to flush and it was coming out in areas that I have never been red(in between eyebrows, slight rash on forehead, red nose). This medication seems too intense for the skin and I will never use it again. Hopefully my rebound flushing will subside because right now it is nearly purple."

Muck Firvaso (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "It works great while it is applied, but I feel it is too powerful of a treatment option for this condition due to the withdrawal my face has had while coming off it. Also, my rosacea comes up in different areas of my face that I have never had redness in the past. Lastly, I sometimes get a very subtle rash on my forehead while using it. I spoke with my dermatologist and they suggested I stopped using it due to adverse reactions."

naaaa December 10, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Omg...I was so excited after I tried this the first day! I had forgotten what I looked like without red cheeks. But then after the second day I had a few bumps on my cheeks and the redness did not disappear like it did the day before. Tried it again and now my cheeks are VERY red & hot. This must not work on fair skin. I'm disappointed in this product. I look worse now than I did before I tried it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

"Used mervosa for just a few days and every day when the medicine wore off my face got progressively worse with extreme redness and a burning sensation. My face is hot and I will never try anything unnatural on my face again. I should have been more wary of my dermatologist when recommended cataphil after I told him I don't use anything with parabens or suldates in it. Lesson learned, I suppose....."

Autupo November 24, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Had beautiful skin. Spent life caring for it. Developed light flushing as side effect from antibiotics. Went to derm (as recommended online). Derm prescribed mirvaso. With 1st use it completely destroyed my life. My skin went dead pale & my ears turned hot & red (didn't apply it to ears). 48 hours later entire face turned red (did not apply it to entire face). Face began developing a rash getting worse and worse for 3 months. For 3 months have had a severe flushing disorder induced by Mirvaso (not better yet). All food caused flushing. Have health problems from weight loss. On a strict diet (there are 21 foods I am able to eat). Can't lie down. Lost job. Nerve pain in nose, jaw, gums, lips, eyes, ears. Burning soap in eyes feeling"

DestroyedLife November 19, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Wish I had read these reviews before wasting $86. First application was at night next morning the redness was gone second night a little while after using had bright red cheeks gave it one more try my cheeks and nose were red and had pimples over nose face very hot and burning this took days to settle down. Have gone back to using Rozex. Galderma must know this product causes more problems to us who suffer from rosacea. They should have to refund money wasted on this product. Don't touch this product bad news."

jump22 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have had mild rosacea for over 20 years with occasion mild breakouts. Normally it is well managed and not visible unless I have had a bad few days. I have it over nose & upper cheeks (T Zone) with blemishes when its bad. Normally I use Rozex. I was given Mirvaso as an alternative and after 5 days I had to take time off work because it inflamed so bad it turned my nose and upper cheeks a dark red / purple. Never use this cream, it feeds back on itself. i am still waiting for the redness to drop after 48 hours of not using it. Stay away."

GKD (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Bottom line: Didn't work for me. I had wanted to try this a few years back but it was too expensive even with insurance. I went to (yet another) derm to see if he had any new suggestions for my redness and he Rx'd this. He gave me a sample and info for a company he uses, IRMAT, that will guarantee cost of $80 if your insurance will not cover. I used the sample, which only lasted 3 days, and thought perhaps it was working so I filled the Rx. After about 7 days, my redness was worse AND I broke out, which I don't normally do. I had to stop using it and go back to my MetroGel but the redness will not subside and the breakouts won't go away either. So back to the derm I go...."

bwrn (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

"Severe facial redness and flushing rebound after 7 days of use. Not worth the cost, pain and embarrassment. Ceased using Mirvaso. Now, it's 7 days since discontinuation and I'm 90 percent back to normal. My nose is still flushing slightly. But, the redness and flushing have been gradually subsiding. I dropped my dermatologist due to his advocating this drug. I consider him a total ballbag now. Advice to those suffering: Drop all prescription face products and switch to gentle face soap 2x per day. Use a wash cloth soaked in cold water to soothe the skin, but don't overdo it. Avoid all rosacea triggers completely. Drink a lot of ice water. Take cold showers. These all helped me greatly."

Igor Fybzinsky (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Overall, I have had a very positive experience with this medication. It is a little pricey though. It has helped me look good when I need to."

Joann X September 2, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Never , never , never use this cream !!!!!! It doesn't help in any way !!!! I'm so angry and disappointed because my face is extremely red after this cream!!! I finished my 6 months accutane and went to my derm because I have little red blemishes from acne. He gave me samples of this cream. I applied it at night. In the morning my face was like snow. I haven't seen my face like that before, but closer to the evening my face turned bright red .!! Now it's the second day after this cream and my face is still red. I'm extremely disappointed in this cream !!!!! I want to sue the mircaso company !!!!!! How people can make such harmful products for face ???!!!"

Iri August 31, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Started using Mirvaso -- the first 3 days it worked great was so pleased,but as the days went by it started to leave my face red and itched so this was and is not the med for me now have to wait it out to see if my color goes away"

mar546 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I've been suffering from moderate rosacea for 6 years. I went to a new dermatologist and she gave me several samples of Mirvaso. She told me to try it for at least 14 days. I put it on my cheeks every day but didn't notice any improvement in the redness. However, I continued as instructed by my dermatologist. Around day 10, I woke up to see that almost my entire face (not just my cheeks) was swollen and with a dark red color that I'd never seen on my skin before. Not even during my worst rosacea flare-ups was my skin this inflamed, red, and splotchy. I've tried aloe vera and chamomile tea on face, but to no avail. I hope the redness subsides soon - I'm worried! And I'm calling my dermatologist - she should warn future patients!"

Emanny (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Not perfect but a great solution to redness. Read some of the blogs and online comments for use options. I started with a low dose and ramped up. It definitely helps me."

Simon sez August 11, 2015