User Reviews for Brimonidine

Also known as: Mirvaso

Learn more about Brimonidine.

Brimonidine Review Summary

4.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Brimonidine to treat Rosacea

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Never , never , never use this cream !!!!!! It doesn't help in any way !!!! I'm so angry and disappointed because my face is extremely red after this cream!!! I finished my 6 months accutane and went to my derm because I have little red blemishes from acne. He gave me samples of this cream. I applied it at night. In the morning my face was like snow. I haven't seen my face like that before, but closer to the evening my face turned bright red .!! Now it's the second day after this cream and my face is still red. I'm extremely disappointed in this cream !!!!! I want to sue the mircaso company !!!!!! How people can make such harmful products for face ???!!!"

Iri August 31, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Started using Mirvaso -- the first 3 days it worked great was so pleased,but as the days went by it started to leave my face red and itched so this was and is not the med for me now have to wait it out to see if my color goes away"

mar546 (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I've been suffering from moderate rosacea for 6 years. I went to a new dermatologist and she gave me several samples of Mirvaso. She told me to try it for at least 14 days. I put it on my cheeks every day but didn't notice any improvement in the redness. However, I continued as instructed by my dermatologist. Around day 10, I woke up to see that almost my entire face (not just my cheeks) was swollen and with a dark red color that I'd never seen on my skin before. Not even during my worst rosacea flare-ups was my skin this inflamed, red, and splotchy. I've tried aloe vera and chamomile tea on face, but to no avail. I hope the redness subsides soon - I'm worried! And I'm calling my dermatologist - she should warn future patients!"

Emanny (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Not perfect but a great solution to redness. Read some of the blogs and online comments for use options. I started with a low dose and ramped up. It definitely helps me."

Simon sez August 11, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I tried Mirvaso as recommended by my dermatologist. He gave me samples to try. The first few days using it, I was so excited. My face looked clear of redness and "normal". I loved what I saw and thought there was finally something out there that would combat the redness for good. After a few days at night when I washed off the medication, I noticed that my face looked redder than ever. It looked red like a tomato and a little swollen. I continued using the medication thinking it was my skin adjusting to it. Wrong! The redness only continued and got worse. I stopped using Mirvaso for good. Hopefully others have a better outcome than I did."

lollyjamuson August 3, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have Rosacea. A dermatologist that wasn't worth his weight in gold gave me this medicine to use. Before I did, I researched it and found terrible reviews. All In all, I figured my Dr knew what he was talking about and ignored everyone saying how bad it was. I put it on and my Rosacea went away then 40 min later it was so bad my face burnt and turned tomato red. I stopped using after 4 days and my face was permanently red for 5 days after using this product. I would have figured I was the only one with a bad reaction if other people didn't complain about it too. Please! Find another product to use!!! How many bad reviews does it need to steer you away?!!"

Krys1018 August 2, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I tried a tiny amount smaller than pea sized on my forehead and cheeks ONE TIME and had the worst rebound flushing for SEVERAL MONTHS. Finally after 14 MONTHS of not using the drug my face is getting back to the baseline pre-mirvaso. I would hate to see how much damage this drug could do over long term use if just one use wrecked my face for over a year. I would absolutely not recommend this for anyone, I'm actually surprised Galderma still even has this on the market."

Ro7 July 26, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Day 4 and I am experiencing the rebound redness for the fisrt time. My entire face looks like it has sunburn. I am afraid based on what I have read that if I continue to use it the rebound redness will get worse. I'm happy that something was made to help people with rosacea...and am hopeful that they will find a reason for the rebound redness and alter the medication."

m1977 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Have tried about everything for rosecea. Metrogel mirvaso lasers chamomile and finally went to get a holistic spa treatment where I got facial. She said your rosecea is bad going to use mix of rose extract oil and Moroccan oil. My redness was gone the entire day. Bought these oils online and not greasy. Not only is my rosecea under control but I have a nice healthy glow and was actually carded. The girl said I look under 40 they card under 40. I am 50 years old. My skin looks and feels younger and is so hydrated."

tinammm July 17, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Like many of these other readers I've had the same experience. I was given samples to try by a dermatologist and I applied it on a Saturday afternoon. Sunday afternoon I looked in the mirror and was in shock. My face was super blotchy and a very intense red spottiness. Definitely worse looking that it had ever been initially. It almost leaves skin with a withdrawal type symptom. I cannot afford laser treatment and I do not know where else to turn as I wake up every morning like this and am having to rely on this lotion to clear my face to be presentable at my job."

Anonymous July 13, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have always had red cheeks, when I was really young I loved having rosy cheeks, I always thought they maked me look healthy. But as a got older the redness increased 100% and I would try every type of makeup and green concealer to cover my cheeks. I was so disgraced by them and could never take my makeup off in front of my friends, even close family. I went to the dermatologist and they suggested Mirvaso, I have been so much happier ever since using it. My redness goes away completely after an hour and stays perfect for the whole day, my skin is so sensitive and it doesn't irritate it or burn, but recently my skin has broken out horribly and I have hundreds of small bumps all along my cheeks. You can't see them inside but in natural light they seem to multiply and look 100 times worse. I don't know if it is from this product but I hope it's not, because I love having pale non red skin."

Georgieee (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "My derm gave me some samples to try because I can't afford laser treatments. Applied some on day one. A little sting but that was gone quickly. Within minutes I noticed a definite reduction in the redness. Within an hour my face was just slightly pink. Spent the day enjoying not having to look at the deep red on my face in the mirror. Day two was a different story. The rebound was so bad the redness was back even worse than before and the pain was excruciating. Even had some puffiness like my skin was rebelling. I chucked all the samples in the trash. I'll never Mirvaso again. Hope others have better luck."

Capios (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "After suffering from Rosacea for as long as I could remember I visited my doctor who gave me a sample pack of Mirvaso. As instructed applied it the following morning after my shower. I waited (as instructed) 5/10 minutes to then apply my moisturiser. I did the same for the next 3 days and was stunned and so impressed by the results! For the first time in years I wasn't red! Unfortunately on the fourth day I became bright red in my T-Zone and worse than I had ever been. I applied it again the next morning. My face was fantastic all day but by 5.00pm that night my whole face was redder than ever before. I was in a shop and the owner asked if I had high blood pressure (I don't) because I was so red! I have stopped using it"

Broni May 18, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I didn't give Mirvaso a 0 or a 1 because it really does what it claims. I had mild rosacea and it seriously took it away within 30 minutes to an hour. The effect lasts about 10-12 hrs, and even by the time I'm going to sleep the returning pinkness is only very mild...but then in the morning it's on fuego. I don't feel my face burning or anything, but it's redder than my original starting point. I kept with the Mirvaso for a few days because even with the seemingly stronger redness I would wake up with, the Mirvaso would always erase it like magic for 10-12 hrs. Eventually the redness got so strong in the morning I stopped using it. It's been 3 days and my face is still way redder than usual with a few pimples which I usually don't get."

Dee28276 May 17, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "This cream is not perfect by any means, but it is the only cream that has significantly reduce my redness within a short time."

Ryanjames (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I was given a sample by my dermatologist and decided to give Mirvaso a try for a couple of weeks before purchasing. After a week I noticed that my facial skin would start tingling, then turn bright red! It has now been 4 days since I discontinued using the product and fortunately the brightness is finally starting to fade back to where it was before I started using this product. The episodes of tingling skin have occured less and less frequently. Bummed that the product did not work!"

Babylove51 March 16, 2015

"Like others, initially it was great. I suffer from flushing moreso than Rosacea and it brought my skin tone back to "normal" colors, but the rebound is just too much for me. It feels like I fell asleep in the sun after the medication wears off and is almost more embarrassing than my flushing condition. I look great when I apply it initially, but I'm saddened by the rebound :/"

G12345678 March 3, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I was prescribed this medicine to help with my Rosacea. Just like others, the initial response was amazing. Face looked pearly white. I used it for about 3 days, mornings only and a tiny drop. All of a sudden, on the 4th day, I'm sitting at work and begin to feel this tingly feeling in two parts of my face. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes. The two areas were swelled up ,so bright red it was almost purple! Swelling did not subside until the next day. This medication was very expensive, I will be calling them to try to get my money back. I shouldn't have filled the prescription, I just got so excited when the sample worked, was afraid the pharmacy may take a long time to fill the prescription."

Tanush January 25, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I have only used this once so I am not sure about ongoing side effects, but it is absolutely amazing stuff. It made my skin red-free and I felt like I was looking at my face for the first time. It lasted for the evening, then I washed it off. My skin became blotchy and stung a little bit, but this morning it is at its normal redness and not worse. I've been trying cures/remedies for rosacea since I was 19 - I'm so relieved right now, although a little bit wary because I still don't feel like something this good can be true. Looking forward to using it again today! "

AmyRoseyAustralia December 29, 2014

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Like others that commented here, I experienced immediate results when I began use of Mirvaso. However, it worked so "well" that one of the physicians I work for asked if I was feeling OK as my skin was so devoid of color. Also like others here, within several weeks of beginning use, suddenly my nose and cheeks would be sunburn-red in the middle of the day. I tried using only a tiny bit, and this seems to have helped with that redness. The main reason I decided to keep going with it is that my pores seem much smaller with use, so I do believe the surface of my skin is less inflamed, even if there is some red kickback once in a while. I like the suggestion of mixing it with a bit of moisturizer...that may help even more."

FrancieWebb (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2014

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Worked well first few months, when it wore off in the evening I was redder than ever before. After about 6 months began to flush at random times while wearing it and it was really really red! Also flushed in sections, not the whole face. I am now using natural cleansers and products and the redness has finally subsided."

bwmtns November 10, 2014

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Medicine works for me for about 4 hours. I was experiencing terrible rebound redness after that, however (which gets much worse when using Mirvaso multiple days in a row). What I've found, similar to others on this list, is that by using a very small amount (about half of what's recommended) and applying it along with sunscreen or moisturizer, I'll get most of the benefit without the rebound. The other thing that I do is frankly use it infrequently and try not to use it for more than 2 days in a row. So while I'm not getting a constant benefit, it helps when I need it to for public events."

Nick Nameus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2014

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I didn't have the severe side effects that some people had with this medication, but I did have so many more papules than usual. It didn't burn when I applied it and it did reduce redness. I stuck with it for just over a week and then I couldn't stand how bumpy my face was so I stopped."

Lindsar4000 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2014

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I'm a 54 year old man that started having dermatitis upon return from a deployment to Iraq. After trying a variety of medications I was told that I have Rosacea. I tried Mirvaso on one side and it seemed to clear my face. After trying it for several days I noticed my face turning extremely red and itching. I cannot use this and am heading back to the dermatologist."

Bucky 6 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2014

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "At first, I had ups and downs with Mirvaso. Then I discovered (from someone online) that I only need to use a very small amount. Now I have no problems and it really helps to control my rosacea."

EliseElise July 8, 2014