User Reviews for Brimonidine

Also known as: Mirvaso

Learn more about Brimonidine.

Brimonidine Rating Summary

3.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Brimonidine to treat Rosacea

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "HORRIBLE! Paying $50 for this stuff was a waste. Dont waste your time"

Holsen (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "If this could be marked in the negative I would be marking it as so. My gp gave me a sample as it costs $85 in Aust. I ask what the warnings were on this product and he said I'm not sure but the leaflet should tell you. In my opinion if Drs don't know the basics of what they prescribe or even look it up, then don't prescribe it!!! I used it for nearly a week and then all ofva sudden it felt like my cheeks were on fire and my face went itchy. In the last 24 hours my face which had mild roseaca and pustules, has exploded into a burning, itchy mess. I have been in tears all day andcnow knowing when I put makeup on so I can leave the house burns even more I am devistated. I need to take and pick up my son from school..how can I face people."

Shazld (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Am a 36 yr old male, Celtic bloodlines both sides and until 9 years ago of suitably pale disposition! Have rosacea for 9 yrs and have been on antibiotics (minocin 50mg) for 8 of them, along with annual IPL therapy. Was off the minocin until last week for a year when my dermatologist put me on 100mg and also prescribed me Mirvaso. I seem to have a reaction to the 100mg with red blotches and spots, so after 3 days I tried the Mirvaso. Used 3 times over 4 days. Worked a dream the first day, but effectiveness wore off. Last 2 days have suffered very very bad rebound flushing, tingling on cheeks followed by burning sensation. Hottest parts of flushing nearly purple. Booked in for IPL today to try and reduce redness/purpleness. Avoid."

BoscoBoy March 11, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Im 49 and I've had severe rosacea since I was 17, nothing I've tried worked until I was prescribed Mirvaso a year ago. I am so happy this is the medicine that finally works! The only problem is my insurance carrier for some stupid reason considers this 'cosmetic' and won't cover it!"

AZ Runner Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I used this as I have had suffered with intense blushing and redness for over 4 years I am 23. Like most the first day was amazing my face was a normal colour ( seemed to good to be true ) over the next few days the rebound flushing was worse than I have ever experienced my face was boiling hot and dark red I had to attend meetings at work it was very hard . Not used it now for 3 days and still suffering from the intense flushing . Please for your sake DO NOT USE IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE"

UK-91 March 5, 2016

"used these drops on face for redness once, at first I thought this stuff is miraculous, hadn't seen my skin looking so normal in years but of course it was too goo to be true. It wore off the next day and face is now redder than it was to begin with. Also feels burning/hot, and redness where there wasn't any before and slighltly puffy/swollen. Will not be using this again"

elliebee22 February 18, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I'm using a small amount applied with a qtip on the red area quite effective. I have a mild case of rosacea due to hormonal changes. I don't use it daily, only when needed and again, sparingly."

Cgskin (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I give it a 10"

Re crazy person (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Very bad expirience! appeared redness after 1 day of use, more than it was before. I will never use it again!"

Kassi12 February 12, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I used Mirvaso three times. Five months ago. It destroyed my life. I didn't know. The dermatologist was completely uneducated about the adverse events and did not inform me or warn me. She deceived me."

walkingdeadperson February 5, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I've had mild Rosacea for nearly 10 years. This is by far the best product to take the redness away, albeit temporarily. It is important that you use this product properly. Once a day and ideally at the same time every day. I use it in the mornings when I wake up and I combine it with Metrosa gel in the evenings. If not used in the right way back flushes of redness can occur but I have managed this by using both medications in a regimented manner. Metrosa on its own doesn't seem to do much but together with Mirvaso the pair work brilliantly."

Serdar (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I love this medication, it works perfectly for me. I apply a small amount only to the affected area and it clears up the redness on my cheeks. It also makes the heat go away. The redness clears up all day, which is what I need it to do. I haven't had a flare up for awhile, but it's back now and I will make sure I have plenty of Mirvaso on hand. I also have a coupon I found online that I'm hoping will help with the cost."

LibrarianArk (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I am 50 male and have had issues with Rosacea on and off for the past 5 years. I have tried many different products to try and control the redness that Rosacea causes to my face but none had any lasting effect until I tried Mirvaso. This product is Excellent as it clears my redness within 15-20 mins. I have used it for the past 6 months and I have to say it works miracles for me. As I travel a lot I make sure I always bring a tube with me. I understand that different products work differently on different people and I am sorry to hear that this product might not work for everyone but for me when anyone says they have a problem with Rosacea I highly recommend this product. It's Fantastic!"

Monel January 27, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I would not recommend this product to anyone. I was given a small sample from my derm and like many people here it worked for the first ten hours. After the ten hours my face would flush and burn worse than ever before I've taken it for three days now and am quitting immediately. I would have quit sooner but I wasn't sure if the mirvaso was causing the redness. I just can't believe derms are handing this stuff out so readily ."

Tsssb (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I don't normally review products I've used, but I made sure to share my experience with Mirvaso. I am 20 and have had extreme redness for about 12 years now. I finally went to the dermatologist who then recommended mirvaso. I used it for about four days. The first day seemed to take away the redness completely. Thrilled, I continued use and it went downhill quickly. After the 6-8 hours of clear skin was up, it flared up way worse than it was before. I stopped using it but still see splotches of intense red all over. DO NOT USE. Waste of time."

Sara90 January 6, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "My rosacea is only noticeable/active during the winter and after hot showers. I was mostly being vain when asking for this, and truly learned my lesson. I used Mirvaso twice (pea- sized amounts) and while it made getting ready in the morning easier for those two days because it worked almost instantly, on the third day my face was a PLUM. I had dark purple-ish welts/bumps all over my cheeks. Later, my entire face was red, swollen, burning, itching for 2 WEEKS. Absolutely nothing worked to make the burning redness stop (benadryl, soothing creams, naturual remedies). I never in my life experienced anything this terrible. It's been a while but I feel like I still have an uneven complexion in comparison to before."

Worst Rebound EVER (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I wasted 50 bucks on this! I had a horrible experience and wished I had read these reviews before I used it. It gave me horrible rebound flushing after one use! This stuff should not be on the market!"

Gwen K December 27, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Do not use this product! I had/have all the same negative symptoms listed below by others. In addition, I had massive migraine headaches, sore throat, runny nose, stomach issues, itching in areas I did not use the product, acne, dry eyes and a sty. I reported these issues to the FDA and highly suggest you do the same. They will re-evaluate the product if they have enough reports"

Mirvaso December 18, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "I had used Metrogel for years, but it didn't seem to be making a difference any more, so I went to a derm & he prescribed Mirvaso. I should have walked away when I saw the price! The first couple of days I used it, my face and along my hairline itched. Redness increased and acne appeared. I stayed with it for two weeks; the flushing got worse and my face burned, along with my ears & neck. Acne increased. But the worst effect was the headaches. I have migraines that I finally was able to manage with 2 prescriptions. The derm didn't tell me a side effect of Mirvaso. Did The FDA approved this?"

Flame Red December 16, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Not good. The first few days were fine though not overly impressive, after that more redness and itching. It also doesn't appear to compatible with any of the moisturizers I have tried. I've stopped using it and my face is less red and much better. $20 in the garbage, I would not recommend this to anyone. And judging by all the others with issues I'm surprised it's still on the market."

NoNameNeeded December 11, 2015

"Same old story as everyone else. I used it for about 7 days and it was great. It does what it says it'll do, but it makes matters worse when the application is worn off. Even while it was working, I could tell that my face was trying to flush and it was coming out in areas that I have never been red(in between eyebrows, slight rash on forehead, red nose). This medication seems too intense for the skin and I will never use it again. Hopefully my rebound flushing will subside because right now it is nearly purple."

Muck Firvaso (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "It works great while it is applied, but I feel it is too powerful of a treatment option for this condition due to the withdrawal my face has had while coming off it. Also, my rosacea comes up in different areas of my face that I have never had redness in the past. Lastly, I sometimes get a very subtle rash on my forehead while using it. I spoke with my dermatologist and they suggested I stopped using it due to adverse reactions."

naaaa December 10, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Omg...I was so excited after I tried this the first day! I had forgotten what I looked like without red cheeks. But then after the second day I had a few bumps on my cheeks and the redness did not disappear like it did the day before. Tried it again and now my cheeks are VERY red & hot. This must not work on fair skin. I'm disappointed in this product. I look worse now than I did before I tried it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

"Used mervosa for just a few days and every day when the medicine wore off my face got progressively worse with extreme redness and a burning sensation. My face is hot and I will never try anything unnatural on my face again. I should have been more wary of my dermatologist when recommended cataphil after I told him I don't use anything with parabens or suldates in it. Lesson learned, I suppose....."

Autupo November 24, 2015

Mirvaso (brimonidine): "Had beautiful skin. Spent life caring for it. Developed light flushing as side effect from antibiotics. Went to derm (as recommended online). Derm prescribed mirvaso. With 1st use it completely destroyed my life. My skin went dead pale & my ears turned hot & red (didn't apply it to ears). 48 hours later entire face turned red (did not apply it to entire face). Face began developing a rash getting worse and worse for 3 months. For 3 months have had a severe flushing disorder induced by Mirvaso (not better yet). All food caused flushing. Have health problems from weight loss. On a strict diet (there are 21 foods I am able to eat). Can't lie down. Lost job. Nerve pain in nose, jaw, gums, lips, eyes, ears. Burning soap in eyes feeling"

DestroyedLife November 19, 2015