User Reviews for Brimonidine

Also known as: Mirvaso

Learn more about Brimonidine.

Brimonidine review summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Brimonidine to treat Rosacea

Review by Nick Nameus (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): Medicine works for me for about 4 hours. I was experiencing terrible rebound redness after that, however (which gets much worse when using Mirvaso multiple days in a row). What I've found, similar to others on this list, is that by using a very small amount (about half of what's recommended) and applying it along with sunscreen or moisturizer, I'll get most of the benefit without the rebound. The other thing that I do is frankly use it infrequently and try not to use it for more than 2 days in a row. So while I'm not getting a constant benefit, it helps when I need it to for public events.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Lindsar4000 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I didn't have the severe side effects that some people had with this medication, but I did have so many more papules than usual. It didn't burn when I applied it and it did reduce redness. I stuck with it for just over a week and then I couldn't stand how bumpy my face was so I stopped.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 9:28 PM

Review by Bucky 6 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I'm a 54 year old man that started having dermatitis upon return from a deployment to Iraq. After trying a variety of medications I was told that I have Rosacea. I tried Mirvaso on one side and it seemed to clear my face. After trying it for several days I noticed my face turning extremely red and itching. I cannot use this and am heading back to the dermatologist.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 11:30 AM

Review by EliseElise:

Mirvaso (brimonidine): At first, I had ups and downs with Mirvaso. Then I discovered (from someone online) that I only need to use a very small amount. Now I have no problems and it really helps to control my rosacea.

July 8, 2014 8:21 AM

Review by TulsaOK (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I really wanted this medicine to work. My doctor gave me a sample and I tried it for a week. Then I got my prescription filled. After two more weeks me face started turning red in the middle of the day. I don't mean a little pink, I mean red, almost purple. It would take several hours to subside. My nose was affected worst. In order to determine if the Mirvaso was the cause, I started using it on only one side of my face. Sure enough, the side with the Mirvaso turned extremely red during the day. I am going to stop using this medicine. It was very expensive, but did not work for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 12:53 AM

Review by Be Careful:

Mirvaso (brimonidine): Awful experience. First 2 days were perfect and then the rebound flushing began. I never have flushed that bad before. It was dark red/purple, painful and swollen. I should have stopped then but I kept thinking my skin would adjust. Didn't want to give up on it but finally quit using after 3 weeks. Took a week for the rebound flushing to quit after discontinuing use. I went back to my baseline redness everywhere but my forehead. It is redder than when I began treatment.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 8:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I first thought Mirvaso was effective, but it actually increased the redness of flushing and made my skin even hotter. After two weeks of trying it I have stopped using it and hope my rosacea goes back to what it was before, which was not good, but better than after using Mirvaso.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 7:33 PM

Review by KCR2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I was researching rosacea products, and discovered Mirvaso. Immediately, I asked my dermatologist for a prescription, and she also gave me some samples. I used it the very next day, and within minutes my face looked normal. It worked so well for the first few days, and all of the sudden. My face was bright red, tingly, blotchy and my nose would run like crazy. I thought to myself, " It can't be!" I really thought I found the answer to my life long embarrrasing constant redness. I had to know for sure that the medicine was the culprit, and I put it to the test. So the following week I put it to the test, and I discovered that it was the culprit.

April 19, 2014 9:56 AM

Review by Kari72 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): Mirvaso has really helped me. Like a lot of people online, I only use a little bit mixed with moisturizer before I apply it. It has been a blessing!

March 25, 2014 1:07 PM

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I've been using Mirvaso since it came out. It really helps me. I use a small amount and usually mix it with moisturizer or Metrogel before applying it

March 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): Didn't work well for me at all. In fact it made my face even more red -even after I stopped using it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 6:36 PM

Review by superredfaceddude (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): Within a half hour the redness starts to decrease and the flushing in my cheeks and nose disappears. This medicine has been incredibly helpful for my redness and swelling on my face from Rosacea. I wish I could thank the folks at the manufacturing company personally, its made a terrific improvement in my skin. I've been using it in the morning and Metrogel at night and its been a terrific combination. The medication is also non-drying and goes on quickly and is not shiny or oily.

March 8, 2014 12:43 PM

Review by redman9876 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): This product has worked wonders for my red nose, cheeks and forehead. Amazing!

March 5, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by Stell:

Mirvaso (brimonidine): My doctor gave me some free samples. I researched it and saw pictures. I also took pictures before & after. I was very impressed. About 1/2 hour after application my face looked normal with no redness. I had forgotten what my face looked like before Rosacea. I couldn't stop looking at my face. I could now see my freckles very clearly. My only question is how does it interact with moisturizers/make-up and if the effect is diminished by others creams used on top of Mirvaso. For now I can say I'm exited about this product and that finally there is something out there that actually makes a difference. Too bad it doesn't last all day.

February 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by Sarmoti (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirvaso (brimonidine): I was given a sample of Mirvaso by my dermatologist. I applied it in the morning, as directed, and my face instantly became extremely red where it had been applied. This redness continued the entire day. The following morning the redness had subsided a bit but my face was still redder than normal.

November 24, 2013 6:27 PM