User Reviews for Ziac

Learn more about Ziac.

Ziac review summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Ziac to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by midlifestressedmom (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

This is the first regular medicine I started to take -it did get my blood pressure down-no side effects that I noticed but now a couple of years into it my pulse/heart rate has perhaps become too low (48). I am on the lowest prescribed dose and may have to stop or change. My main source of stress (teen) has left so maybe I don't need it anymore.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 9, 2013 4:00 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Works great. Calming.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2012 10:20 PM
Review by personwhoknowhowmybodyfeel: User Rating:

Took one dose of Ziac, for first time, felt tenderness, tightness, and pressure in right chest area, short of breath, became weak, left arm became numb, felt like pins and needles were sticking me, ended up at emergency room with chest pains, but blood pressure was lowered, felt very fatigued, still feel extremely tired. Moving extremely slow.

November 4, 2011 9:41 AM
Review by chefedemaquina: User Rating:

Worked very good the first time I was prescribed it, was taken off it and 5 years later represcribed. It did little to lower my hypertension on the second round. Little side effects, maybe coughing a little more, that's about it. It was okay the first time but failed on the second.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 19, 2011 6:26 PM

Great for lowering blood pressure, BUT BAD for men. Forget about sex while taking this pill.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2011 12:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

After about 2 months and my dosage upped my blood pressure is still too high. I have severe heartburn and my Raynaud's is far worse than before. Couldn't function to get money out of my wallet, my fingers were so bad. I live in FL and my fingers and toes have been white for over a week.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2011 2:59 PM
Review by Aljazi: User Rating:

It's been good for me. I never reacted well to other medication which gave me headaches and scary heart beats. With Ziac none of that occurs and it also has a very calming effect on me.

October 18, 2009 11:03 AM
Review by lynn3011: User Rating:

I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now. It has lowered my blood pressure tremendously, but the side effects are great for me. I am so tired ALL day. This is very unusual for me because I do not sleep during the day. I have found myself laying down about 11am for a nap and not waking up until 4 or 5 pm. Not like me at all.

September 15, 2009 7:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

It's helped my blood pressure greatly (at times I went to the ER with it above 180) and I am under 35 years. The only problem is that it caused a lot of mid-section weight gain. The doctor said this was normal. But, with a history of an eating disorder, the rapid gain in this section can be emotionally trying (I now eat a healthy diet and exercise yet the weight still came on). I am also very fatigued throughout the day. Doctor says sometimes that may lesson with taking them (on them for 6 months). But, with a child and work and all else this kind of fatigue is hard to deal with. GREAT for it's purpose, but side effects could be to much for some.

July 25, 2009 10:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Recently changed from using two other blood pressure medications that weren't controlling my runaway blood pressure. Ziac has done well. I probably should have rated it higher.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 7, 2009 7:54 PM
Review by MalTemk: User Rating:

This medicine is very good at keeping my blood pressure normal and I have no complications. My pressure has gone from 151/110 to 117/75 which is good, with the only caveat being that I urinate more often than before I started taking it, especially in the morning after I take it.

December 30, 2008 1:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Very good medication; no complications.

June 24, 2008 12:39 PM