User Reviews for Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide

Also known as: Ziac

Learn more about Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide.

Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide review summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 261 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by midlifestressedmom (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): This is the first regular medicine I started to take -it did get my blood pressure down-no side effects that I noticed but now a couple of years into it my pulse/heart rate has perhaps become too low (48). I am on the lowest prescribed dose and may have to stop or change. My main source of stress (teen) has left so maybe I don't need it anymore.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): Works great. Calming.

August 28, 2012 10:20 PM

Very good medicine. Take one a day 10 mg. No sex drive issues. Blood pressure lowered to 120/75.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2012 9:37 PM

Review by nynotny (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have been taking the prescription for more that 4 years now and feel great. I take it every morning when I get up first thing. No side effects other than some mid tummy weight gain. My blood pressure has stayed normal, no problems to speak of at all. Sex life is great, (male) my Hypertension has dropped, and I am not tired from the medicine nor am I having any problems with my stomach.

June 22, 2012 8:22 AM

Review by personwhoknowhowmybodyfeel:

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): Took one dose of Ziac, for first time, felt tenderness, tightness, and pressure in right chest area, short of breath, became weak, left arm became numb, felt like pins and needles were sticking me, ended up at emergency room with chest pains, but blood pressure was lowered, felt very fatigued, still feel extremely tired. Moving extremely slow.

November 4, 2011 9:41 AM

Review by chefedemaquina:

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): Worked very good the first time I was prescribed it, was taken off it and 5 years later represcribed. It did little to lower my hypertension on the second round. Little side effects, maybe coughing a little more, that's about it. It was okay the first time but failed on the second.

June 19, 2011 6:26 PM

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): Great for lowering blood pressure, BUT BAD for men. Forget about sex while taking this pill.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2011 12:49 PM

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): After about 2 months and my dosage upped my blood pressure is still too high. I have severe heartburn and my Raynaud's is far worse than before. Couldn't function to get money out of my wallet, my fingers were so bad. I live in FL and my fingers and toes have been white for over a week.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2011 2:59 PM

Review by Aljazi:

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): It's been good for me. I never reacted well to other medication which gave me headaches and scary heart beats. With Ziac none of that occurs and it also has a very calming effect on me.

October 18, 2009 11:03 AM

Review by lynn3011:

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): I have been taking this medication for about 2 weeks now. It has lowered my blood pressure tremendously, but the side effects are great for me. I am so tired ALL day. This is very unusual for me because I do not sleep during the day. I have found myself laying down about 11am for a nap and not waking up until 4 or 5 pm. Not like me at all.

September 15, 2009 7:40 PM

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): It's helped my blood pressure greatly (at times I went to the ER with it above 180) and I am under 35 years. The only problem is that it caused a lot of mid-section weight gain. The doctor said this was normal. But, with a history of an eating disorder, the rapid gain in this section can be emotionally trying (I now eat a healthy diet and exercise yet the weight still came on). I am also very fatigued throughout the day. Doctor says sometimes that may lesson with taking them (on them for 6 months). But, with a child and work and all else this kind of fatigue is hard to deal with. GREAT for it's purpose, but side effects could be to much for some.

July 25, 2009 10:57 PM

I have been taking this medicine every morning for the past six months and it has reduced by blood pressure from 155/105 to 138/88. It has a Beta-blocker and makes me feel calmer shortly after taking it. Although, I find it harder to get going with my cardiovascular exercise. My doctor recently added an additional drug, amlodipine (calcium channel blocker) to my treatment regimen. My heart rate went down to a constant 42 beats per minute, which made me very tired and dizzy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2009 11:01 AM

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): Recently changed from using two other blood pressure medications that weren't controlling my runaway blood pressure. Ziac has done well. I probably should have rated it higher.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2009 7:54 PM

Review by MalTemk:

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): This medicine is very good at keeping my blood pressure normal and I have no complications. My pressure has gone from 151/110 to 117/75 which is good, with the only caveat being that I urinate more often than before I started taking it, especially in the morning after I take it.

December 30, 2008 1:08 PM

Ziac (bisoprolol / hydrochlorothiazide): Very good medication; no complications.

June 24, 2008 12:39 PM