User Reviews for Bismuth subsalicylate/metronidazole/tetracycline

Also known as: Helidac

Learn more about Bismuth subsalicylate/metronidazole/tetracycline.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 2 reviews 60 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bismuth subsalicylate/metronidazole/tetracycline reviews 2 reviews 0.0

Reviews for Bismuth subsalicylate/metronidazole/tetracycline

Helidac (bismuth subsalicylate / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: So far I am on day 3 and their hasn't been any bad side effects, oppose to what I've read from others about this medicine. I read that someone said, that after taking this medicine for about 10 days, is when they started feeling more side effects, or began being worse. So far I have only had a slight metallic taste in my mouth and black stool, but nothing really serious. I did get a little nausea and upset stomach, from taking the medicine in the morning without food, so I recommend to always eat breakfast first before taking in the morning. I hope I don't feel anymore side effects for the remaining of the 11 days. Will post again in a bout a week to tell about how I feel. Good luck to whoever takes this medicine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 14, 2012 12:44 AM

Helidac (bismuth subsalicylate / metronidazole / tetracycline) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Not sure if it's working but one thing I can say it makes my bowels move about 4-5 times a day no matter whatever I eat comes out. So if it's clearing the infection it's also cleaning out my colon as well I guess.

November 6, 2008 11:38 AM