User Reviews for Dulcolax Laxative

Learn more about Dulcolax Laxative.

Dulcolax Laxative Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 219 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Dulcolax Laxative to treat Constipation

"I have been battling constipation for a week now and had finally given in and bought dulcolax laxative tablets (Worst mistake ever). I took one tablet a 9 pm, woke up in a cold sweat at 2 am and experienced stomach cramps (with the urge to go but couldn't) and horrendous vomiting. Finally settled back in to bed around 3:30 am I am now up again 8am back in the bathroom with the worst case of diarrhea and stomach cramps. Product is somewhat effective but plan to take it on a Friday night with no other weekend plans!"

Miserable31 February 2, 2016

"I have never experience any hope of medication to assist in the health before and after researching I thought the product looked ok to try but I was so wrong. It did work after 14 hours but throughout the night I was woken up by cramps and hot sweats. The cramps are worse than a menstrual cycle and this may be to much information but I almost passed out right before my BM and during felt I was going to vomit all over the place and my body feels extremely weak. For getting the medication for sensitive stomachs it sure doesn't feel like it was meant for me, very disappointed and threw the entire package away."

Hitheremunchkin (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

"One pill is plenty for me and I'm a big guy. Don't expect a miracle in five minutes. I take it late in the evening before bedtime and before noon the next day it's working. I drink plenty of liquids (not milk) when taking it. If I take more than one pill, it gives me cramps and diarrhea . I find that eating foods with plenty of fiber (25-30g/day) and drinking plenty of fluids (fewer dairy products) eliminates most of my constipation problems. When I get off that diet I tend to have the problem again. I also take some Metamucil daily, "after" a good BM, mixed with juice or water which gives me lots of additional fiber . This works for me, hope this helps! For serious problems I would recommend seeing a doctor."

Bamaguy November 19, 2015

"I purchased the "overnight relief" ones. I took two pills that night and the next day still got nothing . So I took 3 (which it said you can do) because I was terribly constipated (I have IBS-C). I got quick results within 10 not even 15 mins and passed all my stool but that was around 3pm ... it is now 12:13AM and I am still in absolute pain and discomfort . I cannot move around without starting to feel the abdominal cramps surface up. I am experiencing nausea , and also hemorrhoids now as well. I may have to go to the ER because I've never experienced this type of pain from a laxative before ."

tfraz95 October 26, 2015

"It worked but with horrible pains, I am 17 year old male and took 2 at 8pm and went to bed at 10 pm I ended up waking up at approximately 2am in agony it caused me to have severe stomach pains."

101 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2015

"I found using this product the most painful experience, i would compare it to labour pains"

Anonymous July 7, 2015

"The medication was very effective, however, the excruciating pain I experienced while taking the medication was not fun experience. I took two tablets at 9:00 a.m. Two hours passed and I didnt feel anything. Then it hit just about noon and I started getting terrible stomach cramps. If you are a first time user take one."

Dontdoitt (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

"I have been having a little tummy trouble the past few days and hadn't had a BM and it was starting to become unbarably uncomfortable. I took these last night about 10pm and woke up this morning around 3-4 in excruciating pain. I was sick a dog I did finally have a BM after sitting for about 20 min almost in tears from the cramps once a went the cramps subsided but only temporarily. I have been getting on and off cramps that feel like I am being repeadidly stabbed in my lower abdomen and to the point I feel like I may vomit. Will not use this product again"

Still in pain 2 May 7, 2015

"I have OIC-Opioid induced constipation. Most of the time it works; sometimes it does not. I also take Lactulose and Miralax when required as well. I'm confined in a Convalescent Hospital. I've had this constipation for over 2 years. Opioids are the best meds for my severe chronic pain."

Bruce5150 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2014

"Noticing that I hadn't had a bowel movement in almost 6 days I purchased this product and took 2 around 3 am. I woke up around 8:30am with the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I gave child birth natty rally with no medicines but this by far felt almost the same. I felt nauseous and had frequent flow of bowel movements. I got sweaty hot then so cold I would shiver in a matter of seconds apart. I even felt faint and my vision got blurry. After drinking 2 bottles of water I felt somewhat of a relief in pain but not 100%. If you need a bowel movement this is your product but it HURTS! Try stool softener instead."

Ashlen July 20, 2014

"I've Taken One Dulcolax Last Night Around 10 ..This Morning I Had Severe Cramps In My Stomach, Went To Make A Bowel Motion, Now I Feel Better. I'm Still A Little Crampy But I Think Everything Came Out. I Recommend To Anyone Constipated."

LeeLee Marie January 3, 2014

"It's going to cause cramps and discomfort because it stimulates the bowel to move. I put up with the discomfort because other laxatives aren't as effective for me. I'd suggest using Ducolax with a separate stool softener, right before bed. Maybe even take stool softener in the afternoon, then Ducolax at bedtime. I slept through cramps and had a movement in the morning. When I took it in the late afternoon, the cramps were pretty bad. Drink water/liquids lots."

Medication induced constipation (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2013

"Last night before I went to bed I was feeling very constipated. I took 2 Dulcolax laxative tablets and went to bed. Today I am at work and I took my lunch break at noon. I started feeling like I had to lets say "go". I went in the bathroom and was in there for almost a half an hour,and lets just say I was sitting down that entire time. I now feel 100% better and I would recommend this product to anyone who is suffering from constipation."

Eilene D. August 18, 2010