User Reviews for Dulcolax Laxative

Learn more about Dulcolax Laxative.

Dulcolax Laxative Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 216 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Dulcolax Laxative to treat Constipation

"I found using this product the most painful experience, i would compare it to labour pains"

Anonymous July 7, 2015

"The medication was very effective, however, the excruciating pain I experienced while taking the medication was not fun experience. I took two tablets at 9:00 a.m. Two hours passed and I didnt feel anything. Then it hit just about noon and I started getting terrible stomach cramps. If you are a first time user take one."

Dontdoitt (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

"I have been having a little tummy trouble the past few days and hadn't had a BM and it was starting to become unbarably uncomfortable. I took these last night about 10pm and woke up this morning around 3-4 in excruciating pain. I was sick a dog I did finally have a BM after sitting for about 20 min almost in tears from the cramps once a went the cramps subsided but only temporarily. I have been getting on and off cramps that feel like I am being repeadidly stabbed in my lower abdomen and to the point I feel like I may vomit. Will not use this product again"

Still in pain 2 May 7, 2015

"I have OIC-Opioid induced constipation. Most of the time it works; sometimes it does not. I also take Lactulose and Miralax when required as well. I'm confined in a Convalescent Hospital. I've had this constipation for over 2 years. Opioids are the best meds for my severe chronic pain."

Bruce5150 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2014

"Noticing that I hadn't had a bowel movement in almost 6 days I purchased this product and took 2 around 3 am. I woke up around 8:30am with the most pain I've ever felt in my life. I gave child birth natty rally with no medicines but this by far felt almost the same. I felt nauseous and had frequent flow of bowel movements. I got sweaty hot then so cold I would shiver in a matter of seconds apart. I even felt faint and my vision got blurry. After drinking 2 bottles of water I felt somewhat of a relief in pain but not 100%. If you need a bowel movement this is your product but it HURTS! Try stool softener instead."

Ashlen July 20, 2014

"I've Taken One Dulcolax Last Night Around 10 ..This Morning I Had Severe Cramps In My Stomach, Went To Make A Bowel Motion, Now I Feel Better. I'm Still A Little Crampy But I Think Everything Came Out. I Recommend To Anyone Constipated."

LeeLee Marie January 3, 2014

"It's going to cause cramps and discomfort because it stimulates the bowel to move. I put up with the discomfort because other laxatives aren't as effective for me. I'd suggest using Ducolax with a separate stool softener, right before bed. Maybe even take stool softener in the afternoon, then Ducolax at bedtime. I slept through cramps and had a movement in the morning. When I took it in the late afternoon, the cramps were pretty bad. Drink water/liquids lots."

Medication induced constipation (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2013

"Last night before I went to bed I was feeling very constipated. I took 2 Dulcolax laxative tablets and went to bed. Today I am at work and I took my lunch break at noon. I started feeling like I had to lets say "go". I went in the bathroom and was in there for almost a half an hour,and lets just say I was sitting down that entire time. I now feel 100% better and I would recommend this product to anyone who is suffering from constipation."

Eilene D. August 18, 2010