User Reviews for Correctol

Learn more about Correctol.

Bowel Preparation 1 reviews 112 medications

Constipation 5 reviews 236 medications

7.5
Summary of Correctol reviews 6 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Correctol

Review by Totally_Flushed (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I've taken Correctol several times in my life and it worked without any horrible side effects. I had back surgery and was on oxycodone for two years. Now, off of oxycodone for over a year, I have taken Correctol. I get VERY "jittery", feel like I have to vomit, and pretty heavy cramps. Using Correctol all while taking oxycodone I had no side effects. Evidently, the oxycodone exchange something in my body chemistry which causes me now to have bad side effects. But, the good outweighs the bad. I'll still use Correctol when I have to, but now with side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 1:02 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Constipation: This is the only laxative I've used that is effective without causing stomach cramps or discomfort. It works without fail and enables you to remain in control, no mad dashes to the toilet.

November 17, 2012 5:56 PM

Review by Workoutlover:

For Constipation: This medicine worked for me! The other reviews were so NEGATIVE. It SCARED ME so BADLY! I decided to take this medicine for my constipation, and then after I took the pill at 12:30pm after lunch (no milk or antacids with it though). I got online to find out how long it would take for it to work (it stated 6 to 12 hours), BUT for me was 4.5 hours. I did have some discomfort, but I had some discomfort from my constipation too. I am not saying that the other reviewers didn't have this horrible side effects, I am sure they did. I thought I would get on here though, because those negative side effects do NOT happen to everyone! I do have to say though, I am So GLAD I didn't take it before bedtime (like suggested on the box though) because that would have put me up 2:30 AM in the morning, when everything got flushed out). That wouldn't have made me a happy camper, Glad I decide to take it after lunch, and then I was home at 4:30 after work, and went to the bathroom, and it Truly does CLEAN you OUT!! My advice, be smart with the timing and place you take this medicine, if you decide to try it.

March 24, 2010 10:49 AM

For Constipation: Horrible stomach cramping and the erge to vomit, but never did. I think I would have rather stayed constipated! OUCH!

January 29, 2010 9:08 AM

Review by jleshe447:

For Constipation: Worked as described.

December 1, 2009 9:18 PM

For Bowel Preparation: I had a serious reaction when I took Correctol and a muscle relaxer (for lower back pain) during the same 6-hour period. I woke up in the middle of the night with sweats, elevated heart rate and chest pain. If it had not subsided in 15 minutes, I would've had to call 911.

November 17, 2009 8:03 PM