User Reviews for Correctol

Learn more about Correctol.

Bowel Preparation 1 reviews 114 medications

Constipation 9 reviews 229 medications

5.6
Summary of Correctol reviews 10 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Correctol

For Constipation "I've used it in the not recent past with some pain and it's been effective but last night was horrible. I took it just before bed and I've had terrible cramps, broke into sweats, and spent part of the night on the bathroom floor in pain. I wasn't even able to go to work today. It is working but the side effects are horrible. I still have sharp pains and it's noon of the next day."

Susanmiami January 11, 2016

For Constipation "My gosh...worst pain ever. Seriously woke me up at 4am with the worst stomach pain I've ever had which forced me to vomit. The pain was almost unbearable! Never taking again. Awful awful awful. That being said ... It did force quite a few bowel movements but at terrible cost"

Bk October 6, 2015

For Constipation "Horrible! I took it before I went to be around 10 p.m. Bad cramps all night, even worse in the morning. Had diarrhea all day! I will never take this again."

Megan D. (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Constipation "Does not work. I took it at 8:30 last night. It's 6:50 in the morning. Correctol should not take this long to work, its a constipation medication. I've been suffering from really bad cramps since I've taken it. I would have just left it alone and went to the ER instead. They can give you medication that works in minutes."

Does not work. Don't use this bs June 7, 2015

For Constipation "I've taken Correctol several times in my life and it worked without any horrible side effects. I had back surgery and was on oxycodone for two years. Now, off of oxycodone for over a year, I have taken Correctol. I get VERY "jittery", feel like I have to vomit, and pretty heavy cramps. Using Correctol all while taking oxycodone I had no side effects. Evidently, the oxycodone exchange something in my body chemistry which causes me now to have bad side effects. But, the good outweighs the bad. I'll still use Correctol when I have to, but now with side effects."

Totally_Flushed (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2014

For Constipation "This is the only laxative I've used that is effective without causing stomach cramps or discomfort. It works without fail and enables you to remain in control, no mad dashes to the toilet."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2012

For Constipation "This medicine worked for me! The other reviews were so NEGATIVE. It SCARED ME so BADLY! I decided to take this medicine for my constipation, and then after I took the pill at 12:30pm after lunch (no milk or antacids with it though). I got online to find out how long it would take for it to work (it stated 6 to 12 hours), BUT for me was 4.5 hours. I did have some discomfort, but I had some discomfort from my constipation too. I am not saying that the other reviewers didn't have this horrible side effects, I am sure they did. I thought I would get on here though, because those negative side effects do NOT happen to everyone! I do have to say though, I am So GLAD I didn't take it before bedtime (like suggested on the box though) because that would have put me up 2:30 AM in the morning, when everything got flushed out). That wouldn't have made me a happy camper, Glad I decide to take it after lunch, and then I was home at 4:30 after work, and went to the bathroom, and it Truly does CLEAN you OUT!! My advice, be smart with the timing and place you take this medicine, if you decide to try it."

Workoutlover March 24, 2010

For Constipation "Horrible stomach cramping and the erge to vomit, but never did. I think I would have rather stayed constipated! OUCH!"

Anonymous January 29, 2010

For Constipation "Worked as described."

jleshe447 December 1, 2009

For Bowel Preparation "I had a serious reaction when I took Correctol and a muscle relaxer (for lower back pain) during the same 6-hour period. I woke up in the middle of the night with sweats, elevated heart rate and chest pain. If it had not subsided in 15 minutes, I would've had to call 911."

Anonymous November 17, 2009