User Reviews for Casodex

Learn more about Casodex.

Casodex review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Reviews for Casodex to treat Prostate Cancer

Review by WWII Vet (taken for less than 1 month):

Just diagnosed with metastasized prostate cancer. Have been on Casodex for 11 days today (will be on it for 30 days). The only side effect (at least so far) was fatigue for the first 5 days, nothing now. My urinary symptoms (delayed start, dribbling, weak stream, urgency & frequency) have all improved dramatically over these 11 days. Received my first shot of Lupron today (7.5mg) and am hoping for the best. That will be my next medicine review in about two weeks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 7:36 PM

Review by Planor:

I have taken Casodex for years and PSA stays around 3.7. No operation. Side effect is enlarged breasts. Now 79 years old and swimming a mile a day. Feel strong and doing well.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2012 12:15 AM

Had to take Casodex as part of treatment for Prostate Cancer. Seems to have worked with only minor side effects.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2010 2:56 PM

Review by NickB:

My father was given this after a PSA climb following chemo treatment. Chemo shrank swollen lymph nodes and PSA drops to around 2 but climbed 1 point after Chemo. Taking this medication has made no difference as his PSA. The doctor is switching him to Firmagon as he says it shows aggressive PSA reduction in studies.

February 3, 2010 10:59 AM

Review by Horler:

My PSA had reached 39.7 and I underwent surgical castration on March 19 2009 in Delhi India where I was on holiday. I returned to the UK on 23 March. My consultant prescribed Casodex 50mg once per day for my remaining lifetime. I am 79 years old and tolerated the surgery well. On 13 May my PSA level had dropped to 0.6 and on the 13 July my PSA result was so low that it was non-recordable. I have suffered a recent bout of pneumonia, and I have frequent hot flashes, but otherwise I feel much better than I did before surgery and the Casodex seems to be doing it's job. I take no other medicine than the Casodex.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2009 12:24 PM

After 8 years on Zoladex I became resistant to it and my PSA started to increase. Casodex has brought it back down. I did have Major Prostate Removal surgery.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2009 9:12 PM