User Reviews for Avastin

Learn more about Avastin.

Colorectal Cancer 1 reviews 12 medications

Solid Tumors 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Avastin reviews 10 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Avastin

Review by LabRat2 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: I took both Avastin and Tarceva in my 2nd clinical trial. I believe the Tarceva was the cause of Crohn's like side effects.The Avastin seemed not as bad with side effects. Presently using Votrient and approaching a five year longevity mark when my statistical would have been 8-10 months.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 4:55 PM

Review by djdg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: diagnosed with brain cancer four years ago at age 32, Surgery, Temodar and radiation worked for first couple years, then I got two more tumors, stopped Temodar and started Avastin. In just two months I've seen dramatic improvements with minimal side effects (constipation, nose bleeds and mouth sores) all of which have responded to simple remedies) My last brain scan was a large improvement over the prior one and I've reduced my Dexamethasone dose substantially! I highly recommend!

December 3, 2013 11:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Ovarian Cancer: I had sores in my mouth, hands turning dark inside and cracking in the skin. I am tired and I have nose bleeding but not enough for medical treatment.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2013 12:35 PM

Review by nickname:

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: Dad has been having this for about 7 months. The tumor had not grown. He has been throwing up some. His vision is not good. We are not sure if it is from this drug.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2013 11:47 AM

Review by Pat & Bubba:

For Colorectal Cancer: Avastin has stopped progression of my colon cancer. Cutting off the fresh blood supply and nutrition that feeds the main tumor.

July 24, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: After my mom's glioblastoma didn't respond to Temodar/radiation, she was put on Avastin, once every two weeks. After four treatments, the tumor has shrunk by 65%!! My mom is very tired though, that is the main side effect she is experiencing. She takes several naps everyday but is otherwise completely fine. We are currently seven months from her diagnosis.

December 4, 2012 12:57 PM

Review by robssue (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: I've just had Avastin along with chemo and I've just been told that the tumour in my lung from secondary breast cancer has shrunk significantly. I may be put back on Avastin, hope it keeps shrinking.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Review by MommaLaughing (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Macular Degeneration: My 15 year old son has been receiving injections of Avastin, directly in his eye, for nearly 5 years now. It does not cure the macular degeneration, but it restores his vision temporarily for anywhere from 3 months to maybe 15 months. It has managed to save his vision in the affected eye, at least temporarily, and hopefully a cure will soon be found. He suffers no side effects, and has even gone straight to school afterwards (his choice).

May 10, 2012 3:23 PM

Review by nancy nyc:

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: 35 year old female. Tumor in chest wall with cancerous nodes on lung wall. Treatment schedule was so easy. Once every 3 weeks. I felt great. NO side effects. NEVER sick. NO hair loss. Worked fulltime throughout. Taken with Xeloda. Unfortunately my cancer is more aggressive than the treatment. It only slowed the progression. Not a cure for me but definitely give it a try. Loved it! Would have given it a 10 if it worked.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2012 11:58 PM

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: Was put on Tumador and Avastin after I was diagnosed and after surgery. MRI's are showing the tumor and roots are gone after roots started trying to start growing again. The Avastin definitely affects my thought process and for a few days after I am really not feeling myself. I

March 9, 2012 1:35 PM

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: Getting double the dosage and NO side effects AT ALL. Very effective on cancer. Having very good quality of life. I get it once every other week. Hope it keeps me alive until they find a cure.

July 20, 2011 10:03 PM

Review by Brad1234:

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: I started Avastin in November of 2009 after my spinal cord tumor started growing again. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in February 2009. The tumor is in my spinal cord, not in my brain. It effects my right leg. Makes it weak. I had surgery and went through radiation and chemo in April. The tumor was shrinking all summer and then started to grow again. In November 2009, I started Avastin as an addition to the existing Chemo called Temodar. As soon as I started Avastin, the tumor started to shrink, but my symptoms got way worse. So, I have a shrinking tumor, but side effects that are worse.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2010 5:59 PM

Review by billy killer:

For Pancreatic Cancer: Works like charm for me, barely a side effect.

August 24, 2009 1:19 PM

Review by harbor:

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: Have been on Avastin since December 2008 and have had very positive effects. I am off chemotherapy for the first time in 2 1/2 years and have been in remission since the 1st of February. I feel like a new woman and I have not had any side effects.

August 18, 2009 1:52 PM

Review by Sstratford:

For Malignant Glioma: Avastin has stopped my glioblastoma/astrocytoma in its tracks.

July 14, 2009 10:30 AM

Review by jaxmom1953:

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: July 31, 2006 diagnosis: stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. I began with a clinical trial of Avastin in January '07. I continue to have the infusion every three weeks; my cancer is in remission. Normal life expectancy for this stage cancer is 2 to 5 years. God has blessed me so far with 2 1/4 yrs of wonderful life and no reason to think it won't continue much longer than 5. I'm half way there and God has been so good to make the doctors and medication available to me. I recommend it to anyone. Side effects are minimal for me.

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2008 2:09 AM