User Reviews for Avastin

Learn more about Avastin.

Colorectal Cancer 1 reviews 13 medications

Peritoneal Cancer 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Solid Tumors 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Avastin reviews 11 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Avastin

For Ovarian Cancer "My mother is 56 year old, she is being diagnosed for Stage 4, Ovarian Cancer for last one year. She went through a surgery followed by 6 chemo cycles and had no sign of tumors or malignancy, after first 5 months of chemo therapies. In May 15' there were no signs of cancer coming back and it appeared dramatically in last week of July 15'. Our doctors suggested us to take Avastin, after reading and being counselled about the fatal side effects this medicine can probably have on a patient we were scared to give it to her. But we finally decided to use the drug and she absorbed the medicines nicely, without any sign of considerable side effects except being very tired all the time. I shall be sharing the results one we get another CT done."

suvij August 17, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I took both Avastin and Tarceva in my 2nd clinical trial. I believe the Tarceva was the cause of Crohn's like side effects.The Avastin seemed not as bad with side effects. Presently using Votrient and approaching a five year longevity mark when my statistical would have been 8-10 months."

LabRat2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2014

For Glioblastoma Multiforme "diagnosed with brain cancer four years ago at age 32, Surgery, Temodar and radiation worked for first couple years, then I got two more tumors, stopped Temodar and started Avastin. In just two months I've seen dramatic improvements with minimal side effects (constipation, nose bleeds and mouth sores) all of which have responded to simple remedies) My last brain scan was a large improvement over the prior one and I've reduced my Dexamethasone dose substantially! I highly recommend!"

djdg (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2013

For Ovarian Cancer "I had sores in my mouth, hands turning dark inside and cracking in the skin. I am tired and I have nose bleeding but not enough for medical treatment."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 3, 2013

For Glioblastoma Multiforme "Dad has been having this for about 7 months. The tumor had not grown. He has been throwing up some. His vision is not good. We are not sure if it is from this drug."

nickname October 22, 2013

For Colorectal Cancer "Avastin has stopped progression of my colon cancer. Cutting off the fresh blood supply and nutrition that feeds the main tumor."

Pat & Bubba July 24, 2013

For Glioblastoma Multiforme "After my mom's glioblastoma didn't respond to Temodar/radiation, she was put on Avastin, once every two weeks. After four treatments, the tumor has shrunk by 65%!! My mom is very tired though, that is the main side effect she is experiencing. She takes several naps everyday but is otherwise completely fine. We are currently seven months from her diagnosis."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2012

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I've just had Avastin along with chemo and I've just been told that the tumour in my lung from secondary breast cancer has shrunk significantly. I may be put back on Avastin, hope it keeps shrinking."

robssue (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2012

For Macular Degeneration "My 15 year old son has been receiving injections of Avastin, directly in his eye, for nearly 5 years now. It does not cure the macular degeneration, but it restores his vision temporarily for anywhere from 3 months to maybe 15 months. It has managed to save his vision in the affected eye, at least temporarily, and hopefully a cure will soon be found. He suffers no side effects, and has even gone straight to school afterwards (his choice)."

MommaLaughing (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2012

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "35 year old female. Tumor in chest wall with cancerous nodes on lung wall. Treatment schedule was so easy. Once every 3 weeks. I felt great. NO side effects. NEVER sick. NO hair loss. Worked fulltime throughout. Taken with Xeloda. Unfortunately my cancer is more aggressive than the treatment. It only slowed the progression. Not a cure for me but definitely give it a try. Loved it! Would have given it a 10 if it worked."

nancy nyc March 25, 2012

For Glioblastoma Multiforme "Was put on Tumador and Avastin after I was diagnosed and after surgery. MRI's are showing the tumor and roots are gone after roots started trying to start growing again. The Avastin definitely affects my thought process and for a few days after I am really not feeling myself. I"

Anonymous March 9, 2012

For Glioblastoma Multiforme "Getting double the dosage and NO side effects AT ALL. Very effective on cancer. Having very good quality of life. I get it once every other week. Hope it keeps me alive until they find a cure. "

Anonymous July 20, 2011

For Glioblastoma Multiforme "I started Avastin in November of 2009 after my spinal cord tumor started growing again. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in February 2009. The tumor is in my spinal cord, not in my brain. It effects my right leg. Makes it weak. I had surgery and went through radiation and chemo in April. The tumor was shrinking all summer and then started to grow again. In November 2009, I started Avastin as an addition to the existing Chemo called Temodar. As soon as I started Avastin, the tumor started to shrink, but my symptoms got way worse. So, I have a shrinking tumor, but side effects that are worse. "

Brad1234 February 2, 2010

For Pancreatic Cancer "Works like charm for me, barely a side effect."

billy killer August 24, 2009

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "Have been on Avastin since December 2008 and have had very positive effects. I am off chemotherapy for the first time in 2 1/2 years and have been in remission since the 1st of February. I feel like a new woman and I have not had any side effects."

harbor August 18, 2009

For Malignant Glioma "Avastin has stopped my glioblastoma/astrocytoma in its tracks."

Sstratford July 14, 2009

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "July 31, 2006 diagnosis: stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. I began with a clinical trial of Avastin in January '07. I continue to have the infusion every three weeks; my cancer is in remission. Normal life expectancy for this stage cancer is 2 to 5 years. God has blessed me so far with 2 1/4 yrs of wonderful life and no reason to think it won't continue much longer than 5. I'm half way there and God has been so good to make the doctors and medication available to me. I recommend it to anyone. Side effects are minimal for me."

jaxmom1953 October 22, 2008

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate