Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Learn more about Tessalon Perles.

Tessalon Perles review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 998 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Tessalon Perles to treat Cough

Review by Jaybla36 (taken for less than 1 month):

Had a horrible cough from a cold this medicine took the cough away totally. Great prescription

March 10, 2015 5:59 PM

Review by SunnyInSoCal (taken for less than 1 month):

I've had a horrible cough for two weeks and for the past two days have a dry persistent cough that sounds horrific. I was prescribed Tessalon Perles 100mg twice a day and immediately stopped coughing. This medicine is wonderful and suppresses the urge to cough. I highly recommend this medicine. It does make you drowsy.

February 6, 2015 3:56 PM

Review by fromohio (taken for less than 1 month):

I have reoccuring respiratory infections, bronchitis...I had a very trying case last year with an abnormally persistent cough. Tessalon perles was prescribed for the cough. It was a God send! Worked so well! I have recommended it to everyone who has complained about coughing. Very, very effective for me.

January 30, 2015 8:38 PM

Review by Bashmyshell (taken for less than 1 month):

I was hesitant to take this, but a persistent cough and chronic bronchitis that was well into week 9 left me little choice. I am typically sensitive to most medications. Especially stimulants which is why I was so hesitant. However - I noticed a near immediate suppression of my coughing attacks which would leave me breathless and gasping to the point I was almost vomitting. It took about 30 mins but I noticed it, and will be taking this again in the future if I have an option to!

January 4, 2015 10:31 PM

Review by sharonbze:

I was sick for a few days and the constant coughing was making my chest hurt. I thought I had bronchitis or something worse so I ended up going to the ER. The doctor prescribed Tessalon Perle. I figured it was a "magic" pill after hearing about the side effects. Cool! I took one. I did noticed the cough was reduced but still there. I did sleep better that night after taking 1 pill. By the next day, my cough was gone. I did have a lot of green mucus so I took Tylenol severe cold. I did cough but it was to bring up all that mucus. I feel better after 2 days and 4 pill later.

January 3, 2015 9:44 AM

Review by sick and itchy (taken for less than 1 month):

I was really sick for a week and went in to see my doctor for cough that was uncontrollable. He first prescribed amoxicillin. That did not help with my cough. Then I was prescribed Tessalon Perles and it seemed to work. I was having itchiness all over my body. Also welts. I then realized it was the Tessalon Perles that was doing it. I stopped taking them. Now I don't itch but still have a cough.

October 21, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by kirasea (taken for less than 1 month):

For me, these are wonderful - IF I don't have to drive anywhere, or work. I've been on every other cough suppression & this definitely works the best for coughing fits! They also give me a "sedated" feeling, but not to the point where I need to go to sleep.

June 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Review by claudhopperp:

This medicine is amazing! Love it! Helps me every time I get sick with a cough! I have also recommend to all my family and friends!

May 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by MarkAM (taken for 10 years or more):

The BEST medication for controlling my cough due to recurring and sometimes chronic bronchitis. I have never had any side effects whatsoever. I just stop coughing.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2013 10:50 AM

Review by Mommy to five (taken for less than 1 month):

Love it. Much better than other meds I've used.

September 5, 2013 5:07 AM

Review by tallguy865:

I have used this medicine for almost a year (as needed) within my arsenal of other medicine to treat my bronchitis. It is extremely effective. I use the max dosage of 200 mg. As far as I can tell I have had no side effects from this medication and usually I'm very sensitive to many medicines.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2011 3:39 PM

I am an asymptomatic HIV white 44 years-old male with an undetectable viral load count. After ten days of severe coughing I was prescribed Tessalon Perles (100 mg three times a day). It works like a miracle. I am able to sleep and function well while recovering from a respiratory infection which spread to my chest. Since my diagnosis almost 20 years ago, I have kept a journal of all medications which I have used. I am very happy to say that Tessalon Perles will be a medication listed favorably. If I ever have another infection involving a cough, I will request a prescription for this medication.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2011 3:03 PM

My cough kept recurring for weeks. It returned two days ago and kept me in bed. I picked up my prescription for Tessalon Perle 100 mg this morning and took one and immediately stopped coughing. I have taken 3 more throughout the day and have not coughed. It worked amazingly well.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2009 2:05 AM

A miracle drug for me when I go into coughing fits at night and am unable to sleep.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2009 5:03 PM

Review by Ms Ellie:

Tessalon Perles have slightly helped in reducing the severity of the cough and lowered the number of times (1 X a minute to 1 or two times in 2 to 3 hrs.)

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2008 4:50 AM