User Reviews for Tessalon Perles

Learn more about Tessalon Perles.

Tessalon Perles Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 697 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Tessalon Perles to treat Cough

"Just started using tessalon perles while having a horrible cough from bronchitis. Very shortly after taking first dose I am hardly coughing at all! That's awesome as last night I was coughing so much I woke up with no voice! Not having any side effects from it as others have reported. Love it!!"

Befought April 4, 2016

"This is the second bronchitis episide (6 months apart) that I have used Tessalon perles. They are like a miracle that let me stop coughing so severely and also sleep at night! I tried taking just 1 when first prescribed and didn't notice any improvement, so I've found 2 at each dose works miracles for me!"

Barbara RN (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"This stuff caused me not to think clearly and I suffered a lot of side effects but I still coughed. Not what it is supposed to be. Would not wish this stuff on anyone. I am still recovering from just taking it for 3 days."

LadySnow (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

"My husband has had the worst cough for over a week, took Tessalon Perles, after 2 doses got his first full nights sleep. No cough."

The sleepless wife (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

"I was prescribed this for cough. My sister is a respiratory therapist of 25 years. She said it's really bad to stop the mucus being coughed up and suppressing the mucus to settle into your lungs. She said a lot of people end up getting pneumonia when they take it for long periods of time."

Vonne1973 January 4, 2016

"They don't work. Why do they still make it? I wound up back in the ER and a nurse tells me that it never worked for her and she's never heard anyone say it had worked for them."

Lynncleg December 17, 2015

"Was prescribed for cough from bronchitis. At first I was reluctant to take it as it said it caused drowsiness as I am hypersensitive to meds. I finally got desperate enough to take one and was actually able to sleep in my bed after 4 nights in recliner. It has now been 6 weeks and I still have coughing fits if I don't take the Tessalon. I am hoping this will eventually go away. The only thing you might consider a side effect that I have had is that I have these crazy dreams. Not nightmares but just craziness. Thank goodness for my doc! :)"

A bit postal October 28, 2015

"Had a horrific cough and very bad sinus infection on day 2 I went to the ER due to problems breathing , Dr prescribed Tessalon & Antibiotic . I have been taking the Tessalon 100 mg for 3 xs a day and it has stopped the cough some , but still very congestited and feeling very little relief on that part."

Babybird01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

"Was recommended to me by a nurse. Had pneumonia and had this persistent, annoying cough for 3 weeks after. Tessalon Perle worked like a charm within the first 4 hours. Definitely need to keep this on hand as a working Flight Attendant"

SkyGod (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

"Had a horrible cough from a cold this medicine took the cough away totally. Great prescription"

Jaybla36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

"I've had a horrible cough for two weeks and for the past two days have a dry persistent cough that sounds horrific. I was prescribed Tessalon Perles 100mg twice a day and immediately stopped coughing. This medicine is wonderful and suppresses the urge to cough. I highly recommend this medicine. It does make you drowsy."

SunnyInSoCal (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

"I have reoccuring respiratory infections, bronchitis...I had a very trying case last year with an abnormally persistent cough. Tessalon perles was prescribed for the cough. It was a God send! Worked so well! I have recommended it to everyone who has complained about coughing. Very, very effective for me."

fromohio (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2015

"I was hesitant to take this, but a persistent cough and chronic bronchitis that was well into week 9 left me little choice. I am typically sensitive to most medications. Especially stimulants which is why I was so hesitant. However - I noticed a near immediate suppression of my coughing attacks which would leave me breathless and gasping to the point I was almost vomitting. It took about 30 mins but I noticed it, and will be taking this again in the future if I have an option to!"

Bashmyshell (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2015

"I was sick for a few days and the constant coughing was making my chest hurt. I thought I had bronchitis or something worse so I ended up going to the ER. The doctor prescribed Tessalon Perle. I figured it was a "magic" pill after hearing about the side effects. Cool! I took one. I did noticed the cough was reduced but still there. I did sleep better that night after taking 1 pill. By the next day, my cough was gone. I did have a lot of green mucus so I took Tylenol severe cold. I did cough but it was to bring up all that mucus. I feel better after 2 days and 4 pill later."

sharonbze January 3, 2015

"I was really sick for a week and went in to see my doctor for cough that was uncontrollable. He first prescribed amoxicillin. That did not help with my cough. Then I was prescribed Tessalon Perles and it seemed to work. I was having itchiness all over my body. Also welts. I then realized it was the Tessalon Perles that was doing it. I stopped taking them. Now I don't itch but still have a cough."

sick and itchy (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2014

"For me, these are wonderful - IF I don't have to drive anywhere, or work. I've been on every other cough suppression & this definitely works the best for coughing fits! They also give me a "sedated" feeling, but not to the point where I need to go to sleep."

kirasea (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2014

"This medicine is amazing! Love it! Helps me every time I get sick with a cough! I have also recommend to all my family and friends!"

claudhopperp May 6, 2014

"The BEST medication for controlling my cough due to recurring and sometimes chronic bronchitis. I have never had any side effects whatsoever. I just stop coughing."

MarkAM (taken for 10 years or more) December 1, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Love it. Much better than other meds I've used."

Mommy to five (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2013

"I have used this medicine for almost a year (as needed) within my arsenal of other medicine to treat my bronchitis. It is extremely effective. I use the max dosage of 200 mg. As far as I can tell I have had no side effects from this medication and usually I'm very sensitive to many medicines."

tallguy865 July 18, 2011

"I am an asymptomatic HIV white 44 years-old male with an undetectable viral load count. After ten days of severe coughing I was prescribed Tessalon Perles (100 mg three times a day). It works like a miracle. I am able to sleep and function well while recovering from a respiratory infection which spread to my chest. Since my diagnosis almost 20 years ago, I have kept a journal of all medications which I have used. I am very happy to say that Tessalon Perles will be a medication listed favorably. If I ever have another infection involving a cough, I will request a prescription for this medication."

Anonymous July 14, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My cough kept recurring for weeks. It returned two days ago and kept me in bed. I picked up my prescription for Tessalon Perle 100 mg this morning and took one and immediately stopped coughing. I have taken 3 more throughout the day and have not coughed. It worked amazingly well."

Anonymous October 24, 2009

"A miracle drug for me when I go into coughing fits at night and am unable to sleep."

Anonymous October 19, 2009

"Tessalon Perles have slightly helped in reducing the severity of the cough and lowered the number of times (1 X a minute to 1 or two times in 2 to 3 hrs.)"

Ms Ellie March 2, 2008

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate