User Reviews for Tessalon

Learn more about Tessalon.

Tessalon Review Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 943 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Tessalon to treat Cough

"Had a dry hacking very painful deep cough. Kaiser prescribed Tessalon, coughing stopped within 20-30 minutes. Has not started back up. I've been using it for 24 hours. One pill every 8 hours."

sick in Calif (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2015

"My sister loaned me a few of her Benzonatate while I was at her house suffering from a cough. It worked very well. Now I am on antibiotics and have just gotten home from a 9 hour drive. This is day three and I am hacking and hacking!!! Not working so I added a 400 mg. Guaifenesin to my regimen. Seems to be calming down finally but the cough and congestion is still terrible. I will report back in 24 hours to see if the combination of the two works."

Jenny B. November 13, 2013

"I have had allergies for months. The drainage caused me to develop a severe case of bronchitis which triggered my asthma to be worse than ever before. Nothing was working for my cough which was keeping me awake night after night. Sleeping sitting up on the couch for 30 min at a time... Doc at ER gave me 2 Tessalon. Cough stopped almost immediately. First night of sleep I have had in weeks. Thank heavens she wrote me a prescription. Now I am looking forward to my second night cough free. Thank God for small miracles."

cherrilea March 1, 2013

"It seems to have taken the edge off, I'm not "barking" coughing anymore but still wide awake at 4:30am and coughing all night."

kaykscott February 11, 2013

"Tessalon worked well AFTER the doctor prescribed antibiotic for me. I was taking a dose in the morning, sometimes lunch and evening. After taking Tessalon my coughing calmed down for few hours which worked very well for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2012

"I just took a Tessaoln for the first time, even if it will let me get 3 hrs of sleep tonight at a time I will be very happy. Nothing else seems to he working and I have heard great reviews. I haven't coughed since I took one about a 1/2 hr ago, so goodnight."

mountian momma (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2012

"I am taking Arava for rheumatoid arthritis and it's causing a terrible cough. Tessalon worked great and allowed me to sleep all night."

Anonymous March 14, 2012

"It worked very well for me at night."

Anonymous March 20, 2010

"The Tessalon didn't work at all. Coughing all night!"

Anonymous January 5, 2010

"THIS medicine works."

Hakinnkansas September 30, 2009

"I found tessalon very effective. Much ahead of otc syrups. My cough is a racking type with extreme pressure on the sternum. Tessalon works very well. In my opinion its ability to relieve the cough by controlling the 'nerve center' is why it is so effective."

KILFODDA July 12, 2008

"Benzonatate gave me almost instant relief, but it caused cramping and diahria. I find it doesn't last very long, but it does help with coughing."

Jay Jay March 1, 2008

"I have trouble finding something non-narcotic to help with my cough. I dont do well with most over the counter cold medicines for one reason or another. This medication worked great! It did make me a little sleepy but otherwise did the trick. I could tell after about 4 hours the effect wearing off. "

afagan January 1, 2008

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Cough