User Reviews for Benzonatate (Page 2)

Also known as: Tessalon, Tessalon Perles, Zonatuss

Learn more about Benzonatate.

Cough 130 reviews 747 medications

6.1
Summary of Benzonatate reviews 130 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Benzonatate

For Cough: "I found this drug to be very beneficial. I had tried the cough syrup with codeine and promethazine but it made me way too drowsy to function. With this stuff I get a little bit of drowsiness but nothing I can't handle. It's working very well for my cough and I'm even a smoker. I am very impressed by this medication and would certainly recommend it."

Brennankid October 13, 2015

For Cough: "I have been taking these for 3 days now due to a persistent cough as presribed by my doctor. They seem to be doing nothing and I got more relief from an OTC cough medicine."

Christine F October 8, 2015

For Cough: "I was prescribed this medicine to take 200mg 3 times daily for a cough. It did nothing for me after 30 mins of taking it I felt worse. I was coughing 10 times more after taking it."

SelSel September 26, 2015

For Cough: "Been taking this medicine for 3 days 3x a day. Seems like 30 minutes after talking it I start coughing so bad I can barely breathe. Called the dr again today and she said take something else."

Linmul965 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

For Cough: "Didn't help at all"

nick nnn September 15, 2015

For Cough: "I am using this from three days and it is not working at all. I will not recommend this"

Faraz Gurnee September 7, 2015

For Cough: "Continued coughing after taking the benzonatate 100 mg for two days. Others side effects are no easing of coughing, hard to breath and some confused state."

Joseph b. Weanquoi September 7, 2015

For Cough: "Obviously, I only relate my personal experience, but this medication has been miraculously helpful on more than one occasion when nothing else made any significant difference!"

Grateful II August 29, 2015

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Had a horrific cough and very bad sinus infection on day 2 I went to the ER due to problems breathing , Dr prescribed Tessalon & Antibiotic . I have been taking the Tessalon 100 mg for 3 xs a day and it has stopped the cough some , but still very congestited and feeling very little relief on that part."

Babybird01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

For Cough: "Have read many of the reviews to see if others had experiences similar to mine. Was prescribed this drug by my general practice DR. Not sure if my other conditions have any bearing by do have pulmonary fibrosis and or sarcoidosis. The cough itself has not been a huge problem But, has gotten to the point to where it hurt in the middle of my back. The pharmacist warned me that this could cause drowsiness, Took one 100MG tablet last night about an hour before bedtime. Went to sleep almost immediately as usual..Did not stay asleep,, Awful night restlessness. Pretty much paced all night. Would lay down but no sleep, get up and wanted to go back to bed. My legs got cold (Its mid Aug) Not good results!!"

Roscoetex August 18, 2015

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Was recommended to me by a nurse. Had pneumonia and had this persistent, annoying cough for 3 weeks after. Tessalon Perle worked like a charm within the first 4 hours. Definitely need to keep this on hand as a working Flight Attendant"

SkyGod (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Cough: "I've been taking Benzonatate 3x a day for a week with Allegra 1x a day as prescribed and plenty of fluids. It's done absolutely NOTHING for my persistent, dry cough. Despite the Minute Clinic diagnosing allergies (which would be a first and BTW I live on a farm), I suspect I have a cold turned sinus infection because, before I got these symptoms, at least one work colleague, one neighbor, and my husband have had the cough which has, in their cases, come and gone. So thumbs down on Benzonatate for me."

MKB345 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

For Cough: "Not effective at all, no side affects. On day four with no change in my cough. Disappointed really wanted some relief."

Mary Pe June 24, 2015

For Cough: "Took one yesterday because i've had a persistent cough for almost 3 weeks. I literally could not breathe after taking this. I had shortness of breath until I went to sleep and it scared me. I don't know if this is a common side effect but definitely staying away from this although I wished it had worked. Also, I didn't stop coughing once."

Hg5 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

For Cough: "I started taking this medication due to a severe cough from a sinus infection. It took two days to start working . I guess it has to get in your system good. I love it and if I ever get a severe cough like this again, I would definitely ask my doctor for a refill!! Wonder drug! #I'mhappyandrelieved!!!"

elmwood1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2015

For Cough: "I took one of these tessalon perles for an upper respiratory infection and I thought I was going to die! I started salivating like I was going to throw up but didn't and at the same time I felt like I was choking to death from deep down in my esophagus or chest area. I don't know if my hiatal hernia has anything to do with this but I cannot ever take this medication again. I should have went to the ER but I didn't. It lasted about 3 hours and finally went away on it's own."

Shyllie June 2, 2015

For Cough: "Have bronchitis and this doesn't stop me from coughing. OTC cough syrups are better"

You Gotta Be Kidding May 19, 2015

For Cough: "I've been on these pills for 2 days and no relief from the coughing at all."

Scubacy (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Cough: "Still had urge to cough didn't work at all"

donyalynette11111 April 22, 2015

For Cough: "Diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Took this and immediately felt relief. Helped with the cough."

sickwithpneumonia April 11, 2015

For Cough: "Very rough cough for 3 days. Cough was dry with green mucus. Doc advised me to not take antihistamines at all and just stick to Tessalon. Glad I did! Cough 80% suppressed after 2 dosages. Plenty of water and 100% rest."

miamicoughs (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2015

For Cough: "I purchased this medicine this morning at 7 however due to side effect warnings I waited until 3pm to take it when someone would be home. It is working wonders. My cough has stopped. This was given to me for a cough due to bronchitis. I will keep this in my arsenal of medicines because it seems now that I am 60 years old I have a cough most times I get sick. I am very satisfied with this and will recommend to others."

paulsgramma March 17, 2015

For Cough: "This is a miracle medicine. I had a horrible cough for weeks, I started the medicine last night. It took about 30 minutes to reduce & calm my coughing fits. The one thing I do NOT like is the ability it has to impair your thinking/judgment "loopy" feeling I get, then the excessiveness drowsiness. Other than that, I love how it works for me!"

Anonymous March 11, 2015

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Had a horrible cough from a cold this medicine took the cough away totally. Great prescription"

Jaybla36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

For Cough: "I have taken this medicine and so far nothing still coughing my head off I have coughed to so much my chest hurts and I've been vomiting and even after I took it still coughing my head off"

Anonymous February 25, 2015