User Reviews for Beclomethasone

Also known as: Beclovent, Qvar, Vanceril, Vanceril DS

Learn more about Beclomethasone.

Bronchitis 1 reviews 275 medications

7.5
Asthma, Maintenance 13 reviews 107 medications

7.5
Summary of Beclomethasone reviews 14 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Beclomethasone

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My son has been on qvar for a few months anf its amazing. He usually wheezes frin allergies amd this has prevented it. So grateful."

Morgies mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been using Qvar 40 in the AM for 2 weeks. My breathing still sucks and I constantly feel congested and like I can't get enough air. I've had to use my albuterol inhaler multiple times a day. My doctor wants me to try using the Qvar twice a day to see if it helps. I'll update in a couple weeks."

Shiseidosky (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Initially my breathing improved but within a few weeks the improvement disappeared. Within a month I was having major side effects including fatigue and headaches. My kidney function decreased markedly. It took weeks after stopping Qvar to recover from the experience."

Jim99 December 5, 2014

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've had QVar 80 for 2-3 years and it absolutely AMAZING. I NEVER needed to rely on my albuterol inhaler after taking QVar. 10/10. Now, a message to people with the white spots-That is yeast infection. It specifically says you were supposed to RINSE YOUR MOUTH WITH WATER THOROUGHLY (don't drink the rinse water) to avoid yeast infection. "

TargyTag November 6, 2014

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have severe asthma/COPD and have tried different inhalers through the years most only gave me a deeper voice and white patches in my mouth. That has not been my experience with Qvar 80. This medication has really helped my breathing with no white patches or deepened voice. I take 2 puffs am/pm and I am really pleased."

Donna Carol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2014

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Too many serious side effects. If you're on this medicine and you are experiencing unusual effects, and suspect this medicine then tell your Dr immediately."

Anonymous August 12, 2013

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have had allergy induced asthma for less than a year now. I was put on Qvar without being told of any side effects. After one month of being on it using one puff in the morning and one before bed I noticed a rash on my chest only and white spots on my tongue. I also noticed that when I was speaking that my voice would get deep and soon change back to normal. I started to go to a new doctor and was given antibiotics for the tongue yeast infection. I also had blood work done and was told that my vitamin D bone density levels were low so I now take vitamin D to take up for it. My chest rash got so bad that I had to stop the Qvar. I see a new doctor tomorrow but the two I saw after being put on Qvar could not figure out why my rash was so bad."

Itchy and scratchy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2013

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was on Advair 250/50 when I changed insurance and my new insurance company didn't want to pay for Advair unless I tried Qvar first, and it failed. So, I started using Qvar 80. I was without any asthma medicines while this insurance thing was going on. Good news is that Qvar seems to work better for me than Advair. I didn't realize how bad asthma could get by stopping a medicine for only a week. The Qvar is taking care of that, though. I think it is a great medicine for me."

Missouritiger (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2012

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been on Qvar 40 for 4 years because of drastically out of control asthma. It works great for controlling the asthma but it aggravates a heart condition that I have- PVC- so I'm unable to use it as prescribed. Instead of twice a day I use it once every other day. About 2 months ago I ran out and couldn't afford to get to the doctor for a new prescription so I just went without it. My breathing got so bad that I felt like I was living on my rescue inhaler. Just finally got my new prescription today and after one use I'm already feeling better. The only downside to this medication is the cost and since I don't have insurance it's all out of pocket. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2012

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have asthma that flared whenever I got a cold, in the spring and with exercise. After 2 rounds of bronchitis in a few months I was put on Qvar and it has helped significantly. I still get the occasional flare with a cold and need my albuterol before exercise but other than that I have been pretty well controlled with Qvar."

becsup March 17, 2012

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Bronchitis: "I have been on Qvar for 12 days now and my breathing has improved very much. I still need to use my rescue inhaler once during the night but I feel like this will not be on going. Yesterday I had to go outside for a bit and it was quite cold, as soon as I finished what I had to do, without thinking, I turned and ran back inside. After I was back inside it dawned on me that just a week ago running was out of the question as was was walking very far. My 25 yard dash did not cause me any breathing problems. So far I have not experianced any side effects either for which I am very grateful. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. "

Anonymous February 16, 2012

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I recently went on QVAR to help control my moderate asthma. I felt the effects within the first week of use. I used to wheeze and cough with every weather change, laughing, or cheering at hockey games. Since starting, I have only had to use my rescue inhaler once. The only negative is that it is causing my voice to faulter and I have a sore throat sometimes. I will gladly take those small inconveniences for the overall benefits of this medicine."

Anonymous June 11, 2010

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I would personally give QVAR 80 a 10 out of 10. I used my albuterol rescue inhaler 2-3 times a day and 1-2 in the middle of the night. I'd wake up tight-chested and wheezing for no reason, exercise gave me asthma attacks as did my animal/plant allergies, changes in the weather and even laughing. Since being on QVAR, I don't use my albuterol at all, like once every couple of months. That's why I was so happy for my 5 1/2 year old son when his pediatrician put him on QVAR...he only had attacks when he had a virus. Every single cold would go directly to his chest. However, after being on QVAR for 4 weeks (and not having had any colds, we don't know its effectiveness) he has been having the most long, dragged out and intense tantrums."

Anonymous March 7, 2009

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using it for about a month now, and my reliance on my rescue inhaler have decreased considerably. When you first start taking it, be patient because it takes a few weeks before you notice it starting to work."

mheidelberger May 13, 2008