Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Barium sulfate

Also known as: Anatrast, Bar-Test, Baricon, Baro-Cat, Barobag, Barosperse, Barosphere, Barotrast, Bear-E-Yum GI, CheeTah, Digibar 190, E-Z AC, E-Z Disk, E-Z Dose Kit with Polibar Plus, E-Z Paste, ...show all 62 brand names

Learn more about Barium sulfate.

Reviews for Barium sulfate to treat Computed Tomography

Review by Mimi Mitchell (taken for less than 1 month):

Smoothie Readi-Cat 2 (barium sulfate): I consumed the Berry Smoothie Readi-Cat as directed prior to a CT scan. When I was leaving, the technician handed me a bottle of water, and told me to be sure to drink enough liquids. He did not explain why. I failed to consume much water following the exam; I was busy around town doing errands and it slipped my mind. Later, I have found that there have been residual effects of some joint inflammation, that is apparent in my right knee joint area in particular. I suspect that this product has the potential to contribute to inflammation. I'm not sure if it is the barium sulfate in particular, although I had a CT scan a few years ago and don't remember this side effect. It could be the agents used to flavor it, or to keep it in suspension.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 5:18 PM

Review by brentp (taken for less than 1 month):

Barium swallow test for difficulty swallowing. The contrast mixture was very thick and had a chalky taste. I gagged twice due to the unpleasant taste and thick consistency. The test was successful.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2013 10:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

About 15 minutes after drinking the second bottle the diarrhea started. It was pretty severe and made it difficult to get through the CT Scan. It was followed by nausea and some weakness. It started early in the morning and is lasting well into the night.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2013 1:14 AM

Readi-Cat (barium sulfate): I drank Readi-Cat (barium sulfate) for an abdominal CT scan. I gave it a nine only because of the taste. It was thick, and had the consistency of vegetable oil with a citrus flavor. I experienced some very mild heartburn and nausea while drinking it, but that went away very quickly. The following morning, I had one bout of diarrhea, which was listed as a side effect. Other than that, I didn't experience any of the listed possible side effects. Overall a much better experience than I was anticipating!

July 7, 2012 6:06 PM

Readi-Cat 2 (barium sulfate): Terrible. Developed rash all over within minutes of drinking a cup of Readi-cat 2. Test was postponed and I was sent home. It took hours for the rash to clear. Thanks to a nurse who noticed the rash and stopped the procedure.

January 25, 2012 2:47 PM