User Reviews for Barium sulfate

Also known as: Anatrast, Bar-Test, Baricon, Baro-Cat, Barobag, Barosperse, Barosphere, Barotrast, Bear-E-Yum GI, CheeTah, Digibar 190, E-Z AC, E-Z Disk, E-Z Dose Kit with Polibar Plus, E-Z Paste, ...show all 64 brand names

Learn more about Barium sulfate.

Computed Tomography 7 reviews 67 medications

3.9
Summary of Barium sulfate reviews 7 reviews 3.9

Reviews for Barium sulfate

Volumen (barium sulfate) for Computed Tomography: "I took the first dose at 7:55am.I had kept both bottles in the refrigerator as instructed. The taste was not as awful as anticipated but there was so much of it that it took nearly 15 minutes to finish. I felt bloated & uncomfortable. I took the second dose at 8:20 am & had much more difficulty getting it down. Finally tossed about 4 ounces down the drain.I really thought I was going to throw it all up.I was given a cup with another half bottle of Volumen to drink as soon as I got to the clinic.That was warm & tasted worse. After waiting for 10 minutes I was taken to the room for the CT Enterography & given the second half of the bottle to drink.I was already having to urinate every 5 minutes by then but got through it.Had diarrhea all day"

Glitter19492 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

Readi-Cat 2 (barium sulfate) for Computed Tomography: "Tastes so nasty made me want to throw up even more."

BigMak2014 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2015

Smoothie Readi-Cat 2 (barium sulfate) for Computed Tomography: "I consumed the Berry Smoothie Readi-Cat as directed prior to a CT scan. When I was leaving, the technician handed me a bottle of water, and told me to be sure to drink enough liquids. He did not explain why. I failed to consume much water following the exam; I was busy around town doing errands and it slipped my mind. Later, I have found that there have been residual effects of some joint inflammation, that is apparent in my right knee joint area in particular. I suspect that this product has the potential to contribute to inflammation. I'm not sure if it is the barium sulfate in particular, although I had a CT scan a few years ago and don't remember this side effect. It could be the agents used to flavor it, or to keep it in suspension."

Mimi Mitchell (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

For Computed Tomography: "Barium swallow test for difficulty swallowing. The contrast mixture was very thick and had a chalky taste. I gagged twice due to the unpleasant taste and thick consistency. The test was successful."

brentp (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2013

For Computed Tomography: "About 15 minutes after drinking the second bottle the diarrhea started. It was pretty severe and made it difficult to get through the CT Scan. It was followed by nausea and some weakness. It started early in the morning and is lasting well into the night."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2013

Readi-Cat (barium sulfate) for Computed Tomography: "I drank Readi-Cat (barium sulfate) for an abdominal CT scan. I gave it a nine only because of the taste. It was thick, and had the consistency of vegetable oil with a citrus flavor. I experienced some very mild heartburn and nausea while drinking it, but that went away very quickly. The following morning, I had one bout of diarrhea, which was listed as a side effect. Other than that, I didn't experience any of the listed possible side effects. Overall a much better experience than I was anticipating!"

Anonymous July 7, 2012

Readi-Cat 2 (barium sulfate) for Computed Tomography: "Terrible. Developed rash all over within minutes of drinking a cup of Readi-cat 2. Test was postponed and I was sent home. It took hours for the rash to clear. Thanks to a nurse who noticed the rash and stopped the procedure."

Anonymous January 25, 2012