User Reviews for Balsalazide

Also known as: Colazal, Giazo

Learn more about Balsalazide.

Balsalazide Review Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease.

Reviews for Balsalazide to treat Crohn's Disease

"Got painful red, skin welts. Immediately stopped medication."

guda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 23, 2013

Colazal (balsalazide): "I have used Colazal for about 5 months and actually stopped taking it for a month in between. When I am on the medication I am fine no with no active symptoms when I stopped it I was fine for a short period of time before it acted up again. I dealt with the symptoms because they were mild. But the moment it got bad I took a dose and things almost instantly got better, now that I am consistently taking my proper dosage. I have no issues at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2013

Colazal (balsalazide): "Colazal completely rid me of all Crohn's symptoms after years of suffering. I'm worried now, after 4-5 yrs symptom free I need a kidney transplant. Will I still be able to use it if I get a flare up?"

sherri morris July 7, 2011

Colazal (balsalazide): "I have tried several medications for my Crohn's Disease, including steroids, antibiotics, 6-mp, Entocort, Asacol. After having surgery to remove my ileum, Colazal seems to be the only medication that has helped and not caused any major side effects. From time to time I have flare ups, but overall Colazal seems to be working."

Anonymous May 19, 2009

"Been on Balsalazide for two weeks and already feel more normal than I have in years. Mouth and skin drier than before and perhaps some increased joint aches, but no more gut pain or headaches and all guts symptoms are markedly better. Wish I knew about this medicine five years ago."

Anonymous September 30, 2008