User Reviews for Balsalazide

Also known as: Colazal, Giazo

Learn more about Balsalazide.

Balsalazide review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease.

Reviews for Balsalazide to treat Crohn's Disease

Review by guda (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Got painful red, skin welts. Immediately stopped medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2013 1:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Colazal (balsalazide): I have used Colazal for about 5 months and actually stopped taking it for a month in between. When I am on the medication I am fine no with no active symptoms when I stopped it I was fine for a short period of time before it acted up again. I dealt with the symptoms because they were mild. But the moment it got bad I took a dose and things almost instantly got better, now that I am consistently taking my proper dosage. I have no issues at all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 8:56 AM

Review by sherri morris:

Colazal (balsalazide): Colazal completely rid me of all Crohn's symptoms after years of suffering. I'm worried now, after 4-5 yrs symptom free I need a kidney transplant. Will I still be able to use it if I get a flare up?

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2011 6:19 PM

Colazal (balsalazide): I have tried several medications for my Crohn's Disease, including steroids, antibiotics, 6-mp, Entocort, Asacol. After having surgery to remove my ileum, Colazal seems to be the only medication that has helped and not caused any major side effects. From time to time I have flare ups, but overall Colazal seems to be working.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2009 10:01 PM

Been on Balsalazide for two weeks and already feel more normal than I have in years. Mouth and skin drier than before and perhaps some increased joint aches, but no more gut pain or headaches and all guts symptoms are markedly better. Wish I knew about this medicine five years ago.

September 30, 2008 11:02 AM