User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 10 reviews 118 medications

Otitis Media 5 reviews 135 medications

6.5
Summary of Zithromax reviews 84 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zithromax

For Bronchitis "I was coughing up brownish yellow mucous with a deep cough.After a breathing treatment and 2-3 days of zithromax I was clear without any residual effects."

Keifofer (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Chlamydia Infection "Soooo, I get a call saying I need to get checked, and of course I'm all butt hurt because I've had like one fling in my whole life and of course it's the only guy I didn't use protection with. So I go in, I get tested. I get the results. It's chlyamidia. My doctor prescribes me the drink powder and honestly, taking the medicine was terrible because the powder doesn't desolve all the way so I had to keep refilling my glass. I gagged a lot so just be careful with it. I ate right after I took it and it took about 30 minutes for the stomach cramps to start in. They were pretty uncomfortable, but I didn't get diarrhea just the cramps. It's not great, but I mean. It's the price I pay. Just gonna sleep it off. And probably never have sex again."

BornAgainVirgin (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Bronchitis "A LOT of trouble with stomach issues; diarrhea, stomach pains & MAJOR STOMACH DISCOMFORT !!!!"

Doritz April 29, 2016

For Bronchitis "Used a number of times over the years and always found it to work better than anything. 250mg capsules (6), 2 to begin then 1 per day, 1 hour before, or 2hours after eating. Lots of coughing up phlegm but clears the chest so can breath properly. Keep lots of tissues handy. It ought to be available over the counter, as in some foreign countries."

old man 79 February 29, 2016

For Pneumonia "Pneumonia Finished Zpack today Still don't feel any better Cipro also did not work What next? Its been 6 weeks now"

Rainyday superstar (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Sinusitis "Was told by a doctor who specialized in respiratory infections, because his main patients were miners, that I would suffer with chronic sinus infections the rest of my life and that a z-pak would work but to really wipe it out, I should use ceftin. So if z-pak does not work for anyone try the ceftin. I get z-pak normally because I can tolerate the azithromycin. A little stomach upset on the day after all meds are taken (6th day), but other than that, good results...usually takes 48 hours for me to feel better since I am older and have a weakened immune system, but on that third day, much much better."

Lucille 60 (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

For Bronchitis "Anaphylaxis."

Tony 709 January 7, 2016

For Sinusitis "After trying other antibiotics. This was the only one that worked. The Doctor tried to tell me it would not work for Sinusitis. It is the only antibiotic that takes it away for me."

Pashon December 26, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Upper respiratory infection Zithromax 250mg My doctor gave me a z pak 2 tabs on day 1 followed by 1 tablet the next 4 days. Total tablets 6. Zithromax is the generic drug for Azithromycin. First time prescribed. **Note I have asthma** and was feeling more fatigued and light headed. Drugs.com interaction* checker* pointed out that since I used 2 inhalers. A. Pro-Air and 2. Advair that my potasium level would be affected. A moderate interaction warning. I started drinking gatorade and began to feel better. My mom is diabetic, and gatorade makes flavored 12oz bottles that has potassium and will not affect your blood sugar."

sparkymarky (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection "Was prescribed one dose over the course of one day, took 4 pills of 250mg after a light lunch, and had nausea and mild stomach pains/upset. Lying down did not alleviate the discomfort and threw up 3 hours later. Called up my doctor to check if I needed to take another dose but he said my body would have absorbed the pills by then. Still experiencing mild stomach pains but nausea is mostly gone now."

Mkayla16 December 14, 2015

For Sinusitis "It's a life saver for me. Chronic sinus problem that occurs twice a year. Slight stomach issues after initial dose. Knocks out brain fog. Had the best night sleep in months. Always take with food, and you will have no issues. Made me feel 90% better 24 hours after initial dosage. Use with Flonase to open passages to help get it all. Only thing that works for my sinus problems."

Pauly D. December 7, 2015

For Sinusitis "This medication did help my issue but it has now caused me to bruise so easy. I can barely scratch my leg and a few minutes later, my leg looks like I had been hit. They are not the painful but they or tender."

Sassy1510 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

For Sinusitis "The day one two pills does tend to wipe out the bacteria in my gut. After having stomach issues on the first night of the first time, I do take a probiotic and one immodium at night. First time I took this it wiped the infection in 48 hours. Second time 11 months later it did not work quite so well. Infection greatly decreased but did come back 5 days later. I think part of the problem was that I still had a virus and mold allergy problems from rain as well as an infection so had trouble eliminating congestion. I took a 5 day dosage and did have symptoms reoccur in a week. I do think it would have worked better if I had not had these additional issues related to a virus and allergies."

EricfromNC (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Cystic Fibrosis "It helped end the infection even thin the mucus. It's easier to breathe"

Deadwood November 5, 2015

For Chlamydia Infection "I'm 17 and live in Australia at first I thought I just had a UTI but boy was I wrong, a urine test, tested positive for chlamydia, telling my boyfriend was the worst of it and now he thinks I cheated on him... (and didn't and never would) but I've only been sexual active with 3 other guys and I've ALWAYS used protection with them and the reason me and my current bf didn't use protection was because we didn't have any (dumb I know) but now I'm suffering so much pain in my stomach and I can hardly move and I'm terrified to tell my mum about it! God this better work"

Lee Lee 6987 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2015

For Bronchitis "Never have taken the generic brand before the pharmacy took it upon themselves to switch it ( Rite Aid) I have to say I'm on day 3 of 5 and it's not working.With original the 3 day Pak I started feeling better that night now got to call the doc back and have it represcribed somewhere else and tell them to do not do generic!!!"

Generic sucks June 3, 2015

For Bronchitis "I had the most horrible case of a bronchial infection. I was sick for almost a week. I went to the doctor, I was prescribed a 250mg Z-pack. I began to feel better on the second day, which is where I am now. I am beginning to cough up some phlegm that was making my chest feels so very tight.so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I do take it during a midday snack. I have rated it a 10 so far based on my personal experience. I just hope it clears this completely up."

Amberlee M (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Bronchitis "I went to the ER after I coughed up blood a few times thru the day, and I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I was prescribed the zpack 5 day regimen. After a couple of days I began feeling a little better, but by the 5th or 6th day, I felt worse. I had severe nausea and became anorexic to the point that I lost 14 pounds. It took about another 4-5 days until I could eat more than a bite or so of food at any sitting. It's been around a month and a half since this happened, and I'm still having issues with my appetite and weight. I'm still down the 14 lbs, and my energy flags easily. I'll never EVER take that med again due to such an experience. I've had fine success with other antibiotics, without them being this hard on my gut."

Piggaboo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Otitis Media "Woke up due to severe vertigo. Diagnosis of Otitis Media (at 43? Haven't had an ear infection since I was 13). Doctor prescribed a Z-Pak (Azithromycin 500mg Day 1, 250mg days 2-5). The vertigo decreased by Day 3, but never completely subsided. 2nd morning after finishing the Z-pak, the vertigo was back in full force, and my ear started to ache. Azithromycin didn't kill the infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Bronchitis "This stuff starts working on Day One. Within a couple hours of taking it, I already feel like the congestion has halted and just needs to clear up. Make sure to take the whole pack, but all three times I've ever had bronchitis sneak in during a cold, Zithromax knocks it right out. No side effects for me."

Alcor (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

For Bronchitis "I suffere from asthma and would frequently come down with bronchitis. This Zithromax is a lifesaver. I love how it helps me get over it quickly and I am on my feet again within the week. Best prescription ever."

ShawnieMichael (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I have had chronic sinusitis for the better part of 10 years now off and on. It really gets bad as spring changes over to summer as well as summer over to fall. I have taken several different antibiotics over the years and the sinusitis keeps coming back stronger the next year. So I just started the 7 day ZPak yesterday for the first time and just took the second days dosage. Much like most of the other reviews on this site, I am experiencing some minor diarrhea as well as flatulence. Which, in my opinion, can be a deadly combination for a new pair of white boxer briefs! I have not noticed any other side effect as of yet but again I am only on the second day. I will tell you that I am feeling much livelier right now and gained motivation"

Chronic Sinusitis (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2014

For Pharyngitis "I began taking Zithromax today for Pharyngitis, however, it made me feel sweated and nauseous for 45 minutes. I felt like that I want to lay down in the living room not in the kitchen, because I was nauseous and unwilling to relax myself instead. Yet, I got mucus. I was able to stay awake and focused at the all time anyway. At the end, nausea disappear and my stomach became empty and was more willing to stay seated."

Anonymous August 31, 2014

For Sinusitis "Took away my ear infection but gave me. Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, heart palpitations, anxiety, shortness of breath, diarrhea, dizziness, etc... So not worth it. I was less sick before starting this medicine."

Steph3 August 6, 2014

For Chlamydia Infection "Took the 4 capsules by mouth at once and within 40 minutes I am having CHRONIC stomach pain, EXTREME nausea and 2 trips within 15 minutes to the toilet with diarrhea. I rarely ever feel side effects to any medication I%u2019ve ever taken and this hurts like the dickens. I have yet to actually throw up but I am using all the power in me not to so I can make sure the medication stays in my system to cure the infection. If this does cure the infection like it should then it%u2019ll be worth it. This is the most miserable I%u2019ve ever felt, and if I throw up I hop, hop here comes bathroom trip number 3."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2014