User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 0 reviews 34 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 63 medications

Bacterial Infection 0 reviews 133 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

Babesiosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 126 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 26 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Typhoid Fever 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zithromax reviews 62 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Zithromax

For Pharyngitis: I began taking Zithromax today for Pharyngitis, however, it made me feel sweated and nauseous for 45 minutes. I felt like that I want to lay down in the living room not in the kitchen, because I was nauseous and unwilling to relax myself instead. Yet, I got mucus. I was able to stay awake and focused at the all time anyway. At the end, nausea disappear and my stomach became empty and was more willing to stay seated.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2014 10:03 PM

Review by Steph3:

For Sinusitis: Took away my ear infection but gave me. Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, heart palpitations, anxiety, shortness of breath, diarrhea, dizziness, etc... So not worth it. I was less sick before starting this medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: Took the 4 capsules by mouth at once and within 40 minutes I am having CHRONIC stomach pain, EXTREME nausea and 2 trips within 15 minutes to the toilet with diarrhea. I rarely ever feel side effects to any medication I%u2019ve ever taken and this hurts like the dickens. I have yet to actually throw up but I am using all the power in me not to so I can make sure the medication stays in my system to cure the infection. If this does cure the infection like it should then it%u2019ll be worth it. This is the most miserable I%u2019ve ever felt, and if I throw up I hop, hop here comes bathroom trip number 3.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:06 PM

Review by jenbro:

For Sinusitis: Many many sinus infections over the years. This knocks it out in 3 days compared to 10.

February 6, 2014 11:45 AM

Review by AIlana:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Excellent medicine....don't hesitate.

January 15, 2014 5:55 PM

Review by NastyNastyE (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: It doesn't taste like anything when I took it. But I eat a meal with it and drink a glass of water/milk like it suggests. I've taken this medication three times. Each time it makes my stomach hurt and I feel very nauseous. I also get sweaty and have bad diarrhea within in an hour or two. It clears the infection up well though.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 8:59 PM

Review by Renee rap:

For Bronchitis: The only medicine that works on my bronchitis I've tried others and suffered more. For me it starts working in 2 days. No side effects for me just relief. I love it. But I really need to quit smoking. I wouldn't get it so often, get it at least 2 times a year.

November 19, 2013 7:55 AM

Review by Bronchitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Got a regular head cold about a week ago. The cold is better but the cough got much worse - so violent I can't talk. Went to Urgent Care - they gave me Lortab for coughing, a Z-pack & an inhaler. It's been 2 hours and I am already feeling an improvement. This is the second time in 2 years that this happens to me. I only wish that I could prescribe it to myself at the onset next time instead of trying every other medicine!

September 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Review by Calyn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: I used the 1 dose pack that has to be mixed in 60 ml of water worked great!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2013 10:35 PM

Review by andreamarie2012:

For Sinusitis: I am one of the few that have not had a good experience. High anxiety because my heart won't slow down, bad headache, little nausea, and loose stool. I'm going tomorrow to get different antibiotics.

March 5, 2013 1:57 AM

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: One day and I already feel better after being laid up for 5 days regret not calling my doctor sooner!

November 21, 2012 12:47 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: After suffering from a cold for 8 days, I woke up with extreme pressure in my sinuses and couldn't hear due to my ears being clogged. I was prescribed the 3 day Zithromax and after one day felt sooo much better. The pressure went away and I had a slightly runny nose. One the second day I could breathe without using decongestants. I haven't had any side effects, but maybe a slight pang in my stomache when taking (I usually eat something right after taking). I'm usually resistant to going to the dr. but very glad I did this time.

October 13, 2012 8:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Chlamydia Infection: Diarrhea after 3 hours of taking it. Bad nausea for quite awhile along with general feeling of being run down. It was hard to eat. I did keep it down. It was 1000mg.

September 6, 2012 2:04 PM

For Bronchitis: I came down with Bronchitis and was prescribed Zithromax. I was prone to ear infections when I was younger and was always prescribed this because I was allergic to penicillin. I had no side effects then, but now I have bad stomach cramps and diarrhea.

August 5, 2012 8:05 PM

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Very nice

April 23, 2012 1:19 PM

Review by jas1959:

For Bronchitis: This medicine worked the first time on me with no problems. The second time I used this I had a severe reaction which caused very low blood pressure, I could not feel my pulse, in which I had to go to a Dr. I now am allergic to this medicine. This medication works very well if you can use it. It works very fast.

April 20, 2012 1:32 PM

For Bronchitis: Zithromax works. I see a lot of websites stating that bronchitis is usually caused by a virus. The fact is, that although the triggering mechanism that brought on the bronchitis may be a virus, a secondary infection of bacteria is common. My entire family had bronchitis for several weeks. Zithromax will get rid of it in most cases. Don't believe the nonsense that you don't need antibiotics- after a couple of weeks of this, go get some Zithromax. It works!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2012 3:56 PM

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Works great for strep infection.

September 20, 2011 3:20 PM

For Sinusitis: I have had this sinus infection for 5 days. Went to the doctors yesterday the doctor prescribed me Zithromax. The side effects with me are stomach cramps, diarrhea, bloody nose and dizziness. But it seems to be working so far. Lets hope that by time the bottle is finished I feel like myself again.

September 9, 2011 9:27 AM

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: I have been using Zithromax for the past 6 years to fight off my upper respiratory tract infections. I have tried almost everything else in the military medical inventory to win against the URI's I get yearly (every Sept/Oct Time frame) but Zithromax wins hands down every time. Does not matter during which stage of the URI you begin to take the medicine. The first or second night you will start to fight the infection hardcore and you might notice a fever develop as your body fights against the bacteria. After that its smooth sailing so you feel better by the 3rd day and completely cured by the 5th day. It is definitely a wonder drug and worth the extra money.

September 8, 2011 10:50 PM

For Pneumonia: This is the only antibiotic that actually works!!

September 5, 2011 1:41 PM

For Sinusitis: Z-Pak was given to me during a walk-in-care visit. 7 days after starting, my condition has not improved. I experienced several side effects, including nausea, diarrhea, fever, sweating, and more. The worst of all is the loss of appetite caused by the medication. I have only had about 2 days worth of meals in the last five and still cannot stomach a full meal.

August 12, 2011 7:54 PM

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: Worked quickly and efficiently. Throat pain decreased within 2-3 days, nose congestion decreased within one day.

June 21, 2011 6:51 PM

Review by edddd:

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: I experience hallucinations (bad dreams) while using this medicine.

May 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Review by Cwolfe2:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Zithromax was given to my daughter for upper respiratory symptoms 3 days before her flight to Fla to visit grandparents. Within the day noticed a great difference. No side effects and she has a heart condition. My lovely daughter passed her buggies on to me been fighting it for a week. Went to doctor today, gave me the same thing.... Fingers crossed.

April 7, 2011 11:00 AM