User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Mycoplasma Pneumonia 0 reviews 33 medications

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications

Bacterial Infection 0 reviews 121 medications

Cervicitis 0 reviews 7 medications

Babesiosis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bartonellosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
COPD, Acute 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 101 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Legionella Pneumonia 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Erythe...hronicum Migrans 0 reviews 33 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycobacterium avium-...are, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Toxoplasmosis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Typhoid Fever 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zithromax reviews 69 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Zithromax

For Bronchitis "Never have taken the generic brand before the pharmacy took it upon themselves to switch it ( Rite Aid) I have to say I'm on day 3 of 5 and it's not working.With original the 3 day Pak I started feeling better that night now got to call the doc back and have it represcribed somewhere else and tell them to do not do generic!!!"

Generic sucks June 3, 2015

For Bronchitis "I had the most horrible case of a bronchial infection. I was sick for almost a week. I went to the doctor, I was prescribed a 250mg Z-pack. I began to feel better on the second day, which is where I am now. I am beginning to cough up some phlegm that was making my chest feels so very tight.so far I am not experiencing any side effects. I do take it during a midday snack. I have rated it a 10 so far based on my personal experience. I just hope it clears this completely up."

Amberlee M (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Bronchitis "I went to the ER after I coughed up blood a few times thru the day, and I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I was prescribed the zpack 5 day regimen. After a couple of days I began feeling a little better, but by the 5th or 6th day, I felt worse. I had severe nausea and became anorexic to the point that I lost 14 pounds. It took about another 4-5 days until I could eat more than a bite or so of food at any sitting. It's been around a month and a half since this happened, and I'm still having issues with my appetite and weight. I'm still down the 14 lbs, and my energy flags easily. I'll never EVER take that med again due to such an experience. I've had fine success with other antibiotics, without them being this hard on my gut."

Piggaboo (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Otitis Media "Woke up due to severe vertigo. Diagnosis of Otitis Media (at 43? Haven't had an ear infection since I was 13). Doctor prescribed a Z-Pak (Azithromycin 500mg Day 1, 250mg days 2-5). The vertigo decreased by Day 3, but never completely subsided. 2nd morning after finishing the Z-pak, the vertigo was back in full force, and my ear started to ache. Azithromycin didn't kill the infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Bronchitis "This stuff starts working on Day One. Within a couple hours of taking it, I already feel like the congestion has halted and just needs to clear up. Make sure to take the whole pack, but all three times I've ever had bronchitis sneak in during a cold, Zithromax knocks it right out. No side effects for me."

Alcor (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

For Bronchitis "I suffere from asthma and would frequently come down with bronchitis. This Zithromax is a lifesaver. I love how it helps me get over it quickly and I am on my feet again within the week. Best prescription ever."

ShawnieMichael (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

For Sinusitis "I have had chronic sinusitis for the better part of 10 years now off and on. It really gets bad as spring changes over to summer as well as summer over to fall. I have taken several different antibiotics over the years and the sinusitis keeps coming back stronger the next year. So I just started the 7 day ZPak yesterday for the first time and just took the second days dosage. Much like most of the other reviews on this site, I am experiencing some minor diarrhea as well as flatulence. Which, in my opinion, can be a deadly combination for a new pair of white boxer briefs! I have not noticed any other side effect as of yet but again I am only on the second day. I will tell you that I am feeling much livelier right now and gained motivation"

Chronic Sinusitis (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2014

For Pharyngitis "I began taking Zithromax today for Pharyngitis, however, it made me feel sweated and nauseous for 45 minutes. I felt like that I want to lay down in the living room not in the kitchen, because I was nauseous and unwilling to relax myself instead. Yet, I got mucus. I was able to stay awake and focused at the all time anyway. At the end, nausea disappear and my stomach became empty and was more willing to stay seated."

Anonymous August 31, 2014

For Sinusitis "Took away my ear infection but gave me. Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, heart palpitations, anxiety, shortness of breath, diarrhea, dizziness, etc... So not worth it. I was less sick before starting this medicine."

Steph3 August 6, 2014

For Chlamydia Infection "Took the 4 capsules by mouth at once and within 40 minutes I am having CHRONIC stomach pain, EXTREME nausea and 2 trips within 15 minutes to the toilet with diarrhea. I rarely ever feel side effects to any medication I%u2019ve ever taken and this hurts like the dickens. I have yet to actually throw up but I am using all the power in me not to so I can make sure the medication stays in my system to cure the infection. If this does cure the infection like it should then it%u2019ll be worth it. This is the most miserable I%u2019ve ever felt, and if I throw up I hop, hop here comes bathroom trip number 3."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2014

For Sinusitis "Many many sinus infections over the years. This knocks it out in 3 days compared to 10."

jenbro February 6, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Excellent medicine....don't hesitate."

AIlana January 15, 2014

For Chlamydia Infection "It doesn't taste like anything when I took it. But I eat a meal with it and drink a glass of water/milk like it suggests. I've taken this medication three times. Each time it makes my stomach hurt and I feel very nauseous. I also get sweaty and have bad diarrhea within in an hour or two. It clears the infection up well though."

NastyNastyE (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2013

For Bronchitis "The only medicine that works on my bronchitis I've tried others and suffered more. For me it starts working in 2 days. No side effects for me just relief. I love it. But I really need to quit smoking. I wouldn't get it so often, get it at least 2 times a year."

Renee rap November 19, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bronchitis "Got a regular head cold about a week ago. The cold is better but the cough got much worse - so violent I can't talk. Went to Urgent Care - they gave me Lortab for coughing, a Z-pack & an inhaler. It's been 2 hours and I am already feeling an improvement. This is the second time in 2 years that this happens to me. I only wish that I could prescribe it to myself at the onset next time instead of trying every other medicine!"

Bronchitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection "I used the 1 dose pack that has to be mixed in 60 ml of water worked great!"

Calyn (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2013

For Sinusitis "I am one of the few that have not had a good experience. High anxiety because my heart won't slow down, bad headache, little nausea, and loose stool. I'm going tomorrow to get different antibiotics."

andreamarie2012 March 5, 2013

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "One day and I already feel better after being laid up for 5 days regret not calling my doctor sooner!"

Anonymous November 21, 2012

For Sinusitis "After suffering from a cold for 8 days, I woke up with extreme pressure in my sinuses and couldn't hear due to my ears being clogged. I was prescribed the 3 day Zithromax and after one day felt sooo much better. The pressure went away and I had a slightly runny nose. One the second day I could breathe without using decongestants. I haven't had any side effects, but maybe a slight pang in my stomache when taking (I usually eat something right after taking). I'm usually resistant to going to the dr. but very glad I did this time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2012

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chlamydia Infection "Diarrhea after 3 hours of taking it. Bad nausea for quite awhile along with general feeling of being run down. It was hard to eat. I did keep it down. It was 1000mg."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2012

For Bronchitis "I came down with Bronchitis and was prescribed Zithromax. I was prone to ear infections when I was younger and was always prescribed this because I was allergic to penicillin. I had no side effects then, but now I have bad stomach cramps and diarrhea."

Anonymous August 5, 2012

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Very nice"

Anonymous April 23, 2012

For Bronchitis "This medicine worked the first time on me with no problems. The second time I used this I had a severe reaction which caused very low blood pressure, I could not feel my pulse, in which I had to go to a Dr. I now am allergic to this medicine. This medication works very well if you can use it. It works very fast."

jas1959 April 20, 2012

For Bronchitis "Zithromax works. I see a lot of websites stating that bronchitis is usually caused by a virus. The fact is, that although the triggering mechanism that brought on the bronchitis may be a virus, a secondary infection of bacteria is common. My entire family had bronchitis for several weeks. Zithromax will get rid of it in most cases. Don't believe the nonsense that you don't need antibiotics- after a couple of weeks of this, go get some Zithromax. It works!"

Anonymous January 30, 2012

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Works great for strep infection."

Anonymous September 20, 2011