User Reviews for Zithromax

Learn more about Zithromax.

Zithromax Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 881 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Reviews for Zithromax to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

"Upper respiratory infection Zithromax 250mg My doctor gave me a z pak 2 tabs on day 1 followed by 1 tablet the next 4 days. Total tablets 6. Zithromax is the generic drug for Azithromycin. First time prescribed. **Note I have asthma** and was feeling more fatigued and light headed. Drugs.com interaction* checker* pointed out that since I used 2 inhalers. A. Pro-Air and 2. Advair that my potasium level would be affected. A moderate interaction warning. I started drinking gatorade and began to feel better. My mom is diabetic, and gatorade makes flavored 12oz bottles that has potassium and will not affect your blood sugar."

sparkymarky (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

"Excellent medicine....don't hesitate."

AIlana January 15, 2014

"One day and I already feel better after being laid up for 5 days regret not calling my doctor sooner!"

Anonymous November 21, 2012

"Very nice"

Anonymous April 23, 2012

"Works great for strep infection."

Anonymous September 20, 2011

"I have been using Zithromax for the past 6 years to fight off my upper respiratory tract infections. I have tried almost everything else in the military medical inventory to win against the URI's I get yearly (every Sept/Oct Time frame) but Zithromax wins hands down every time. Does not matter during which stage of the URI you begin to take the medicine. The first or second night you will start to fight the infection hardcore and you might notice a fever develop as your body fights against the bacteria. After that its smooth sailing so you feel better by the 3rd day and completely cured by the 5th day. It is definitely a wonder drug and worth the extra money."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

"Zithromax was given to my daughter for upper respiratory symptoms 3 days before her flight to Fla to visit grandparents. Within the day noticed a great difference. No side effects and she has a heart condition. My lovely daughter passed her buggies on to me been fighting it for a week. Went to doctor today, gave me the same thing.... Fingers crossed."

Cwolfe2 April 7, 2011

"Terrible diarrhea. Very bad stomach pains."

Anonymous November 17, 2010

"This medicine is the best. I have been using this medicine about once every year for upper respiratory tract infections. It really starts to work by day 2 and continues to work after about a week. As with any medicine the side effects with me is going to the restroom more than usual. "

Wolfman627 May 2, 2010

"I've used the Zithromax Z-Pack several times over the years and have found it to be the ONLY pharmaceutical that actual works QUICKLY and the problem doesn't return upon finishing up the prescription. I'm prone to a once a year, or once every two year throat infection. Extremely sore, dry yet phlegmy throat without any other signs of a cold. No cough, runny nose, sneezing nor fever. By the second day of taking this pack, my symptoms have already begun to subside. A very effective drug, indeed."

RickRick October 15, 2009

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate